Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

@CC3616 I vaguely remember seeing them in the past but wasn't that interested.  This, year, though...:)

I’m glad to know this, @CC3616! Thanks for the tip:)

@CookieGirl1@Aaliaa recommended that belif Aqua Bomb to me for the winter months and suddenly I’ve been hearing about it everywhere. All good things☺️ Going to have to try that one out!

Huge fan of the Belif moisturizers @eshoe @CookieGirl1. I use both the Aqua Bomb and the heavier Moisturizing bomb depending on the weather. If you have oily skin you'll prefer the gel textured Aqua Bomb and dry skin will prefer Moisture Bomb.

Yes, thank you, @Aaliaa-I do have a sample of the true cream the aqua bomb so I will keep this in mind👍🏼

@Aaliaa @eshoe @CookieGirl1

My skin loves belif Moisturizing Bomb in the fall and winter. So hydrating and moisturizing. 🙂 

@itsfi @eshoe @Aaliaa I've used the heavier Moisture Bomb in the past and thought it was a little thicker/heavier than what I typically like but I might try it again.  Sometimes I find that I like things better when I revisit them again (as what happened with me for the Aqua Bomb!) so it's probably worth giving it another shot.

I like heavy in my skincare, @CookieGirl1😊 Thank you so much I am definitely going to try this.

Thank you, @itsfi! I knew there were a few different moisturizers in that line and wasn’t sure which one would be best suited for my skin. I have a foil of the aqua bomb which I will try just for fun for now;)

so i started wrapping up september empties only to realize i never posted august...so here those are.  nothing outstanding & really nothing i'm running out to repurchase - just some average & some nopeScreen Shot 2018-09-29 at 6.23.56 PM.png

skincare/haircare/bodycare

would use again

• skin iceland icelandic relief eye cream
  • caudalie vinosource moisturizing sorbet
  • alienist complete eye renewal balm
  • dry bar 100 proof oil treatment
  • philosophy coconut frosting

no

• sol de janeiro brazilian bum bum cream (again i know i’m a freak but i can’t stand the scent)Screen Shot 2018-09-29 at 6.24.28 PM.png

makeup

would use again

• givency rose dressing
  • marc jacobs slow burn
  • bite beauty lipstick - damask, spritzer
  • mac lipstick - creme cup, nouvelle vogue
  • sephora collection #14
  • too faced shimmering naked dolly
  • colourpop bound
  • mac fix + lavender
  • colourpop brow pencil in dope taupe
  • colourpop super shock shadow in glow

no

• loreal lash paradise (i keep hearing about how amazing this mascara is so i decided to try it.  maybe i’m a freak but i was not a fan.  the mascara was so dry i found it difficult to get anything on my lashes.  i got no length, no volume and it took way to long to get them a tad darker)
  • mac lipstick - st germain
  • kiko milano deco delight in 06
  • colourpop last call
  • mac beauty powder in glow ride (this was an exercise in removing hard pan only for hard pan to form again.  only bonus this gets is that my daughter likes the packaging so i’ll keep this to hopefully keep her away from my makeup)
  • colourpop hippie pencil in pony (another dry product.  while useable it was a pain to make sure to open it so that the pencil didn’t fall out on the floor)

@sparklekai, I like the Bum Bum cream, but don't find it particularly moisturizing or slimming.  Great job using up your products!

@sparklekai

I also don't like the scent of the Bum Bum cream. 

@sparklekai, how would you describe the Mac lavender scent in the Prep + Prime? I need to pick up another and want to try a different scent (I have Rose right now and am interested in the original which I guess is herbal, and the lavender one). Thanks and just be happy you don't care for the Bum Bum scent - that cream is not cheap 😉

@eshoe i personally don't know that i would repurchase the lavender scent.  not because there is anything wrong with it but because my brain associates it with the lavender spray we used as "sleep spray" for my son.  i smell it and i want to curl up and sleep :).  the scent is a soft lavender you can smell it but its not overly medicinal or strong

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond, @sparklekai! I will probably try out the Original scent then☺️

RE: Empties

so many loves from my September empties! LOVED: cover fix mattfying setting spray, philosophy purity, lancer the method polish exfoliator, bath and body works candles in Palo Santo and Stress Relief, loving tan 2 hour express self tan in dark, IGK charcoal dry shampoo, sunday riley luna oil, mac patrick starrr setting powder, wispies false lashes. the rest were all good but might not repurchase 🙂 ... no dislikes!!

Re: RE: Empties

So many empties for one month, @karap03! That's awesome. Love the MJ gloss 🙂

Re: RE: Empties

Hi @karap03,

Thank you for sharing! I love so many of these products. Good choices!

Best,

Rebecca 

Weekly empties. 

Loves

IMG_1754.jpg

Spoiler
Some new ones in the mix - first time I have tried the Sephora eye masks and LOVED both of them. Can't seem to locate another Orchid one, though, which is a shame because they have a great shape and feel. @itsfi sent me the Whole Foods mask which is amazing. Good thing I don't live near any of their stores! The fresh 30-second mask is fantastic and I have used it a couple of times now when morning plans change and I need to be somewhere sooner than I planned. I have 2 more DS of the La La from the Rewards Bazaar earlier this year, yay!

Good

IMG_1755.jpg

Spoiler
Good but I don't plan to repurchase any of these. I wanted to give the Piña Colada a second chance and I just wasn't wild about it. The Ariul Juice cleanse mask is ok but had a bit of an artificial scent that I didn't care for too much. I have quite a few extras of the eye gels. For some reason, not sure if they changed the formula or the material, but they itch a bit instead of being totally comfortable. I did use one under a bio-cellulose mask last night and that helped, so maybe they are just too dry. At any rate, I like how they make my eyes look so I will use up what I have.

No thank you!

IMG_1756.jpg

Spoiler
These sheet masks. The Saturday Skin wasn't terrible, but it wasn't good, either. The Betterskin was the first bio-cellulose mask I didn't love or even like; 's experience described it perfectly and I agree! The 23 Years mask was interesting. No mouth hole, barely a slit for the nose, and enough at the bottom to cover half of my neck. It also had a vintage soapy-rose scent. It came in a three pack and I am debating whether or not to brave out the other two. I did cut out an area for my mouth and adjusted the nose as well, but it was just weird.

The eye makeup remover pads seem to be consistently dry. So I need to find something to replace these.

@eshoe  I have that aqua face mask and shall try today. Thank you 😊 

Spoiler
Biolage I think I would have liked if I used half of the sample. It’s the only hair sample I’ve gotten where there was too much for one use. It made my hair too oily. 
Moraccan oil as said already smells horrible. It also didn’t help my hair in any way  
BB I would have to try again to decide.  Not good, not bad 
Exuviance made my skin feel great the next day  It was soft and less red 
Too faced shadow Insurance is now going to replace UD for me. No creasing at all even for today when I had it on 5:15am -8:45pm 😁6019C7CD-AEAA-43AE-BA5B-CE2764A8C87C.jpeg

8,140 Replies
testing