I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.
Re: Empties[ Edited ]
Yeah,🌟. I had a little meltdown or eight during the first trimester cause I was so sick and things were falling apart around here. This was his clever solution.
The first time they were supposed to come though, I cancelled cause I thought it was too messy so I tired myself out precleaning the house and had them come in a couple days later. Defeats the point right? They still did a better job than me😳
Oh, no. I've had this happen before both my the maid (at a hotel) and my husband. The maid found them hiding in a corner of the room. They were not even in the shower. My poor husband always throws his products away, but forgets I photograph anything we happen to share. To this day, he sometimes forgets. Every once in a while, he will ask me if I've ever used his .... (whatever), but he only seems to ask on things I never use.
I really like documenting empties. When you sample so many things, it is hard keeping track of what you thought of all of them unless you really love or really hate them. Without the list, you forget you even tried middle of the road ones at times.
I remembered you saying that so now when I travel I stick them in my suitcase. And I agree on documenting things! Thankfully I'm fairly certain everything that got tossed was full sized and HG products for me at that. I just miss having the evidence!
Haha - I'm always forgetting to take out my shower empties. I've posted more recently than December, but I do have a Sephora bag overflowing with empties in my closet that I haven't had a chance to post in what feels like forever.
I was so excited when the serum I've been using finally finished last night. I actually liked it a lot (caudalie), but I was just dying to move on to my next-up (tata harper from Caroline Hirons Cult Beauty Box), and every day that Caudalie kept pumping more out until finally last night it pumped it's last pump.
Anyway, hopefully in the next few days I'll get around to posting, too - hopefully I can remember what I thought of everything!
May was skincare month! I finished ALL the things! Huzzah!
Loves: Have or Would Repurchase
Meh: Just ok, nothing special
Panda face mask: Cute, but the costume stuff around the eyes made those edges stiff and pokey, not a plus. Also, it was sticky and dried out too quickly.
Couvent des Minimes body lotion - too greasy, odd smell
Dior foils - holy alcohol Batman! nope nope nope
Ahava moisturizer - good moisturizer, but smelled like hairspray
Philosophy Take a Deep Breath moisturizer - not hydrating enough at all
Charlotte Tilbury foundation - caked up immediately
Milk Sunshine oil - way too heavy for face, and too greasy for anything else
Wonderful month! Lots of awesome things here. Out of curiosity, why not finish the blush samples if you loved them? I keep those paper cards as long as it takes to finish them when I love them and am wondering if there is a germ issue or something I am unaware of.
No germ issues, but I'd had the card for awhile and I'm trying to clean out my foils stash. Also I find the format of this one messy, and I was afraid it would start getting onto other things. I love the formula, but I'm not so in love with any of the colors that I wanted to eke out the last drops.
Great empties. You did some real damage. Bummer to see that milk sample in your nopes @JazaChai. I'm assuming you got it from the Sephora box?
Looks like you also have a few interesting products in your loves. I know my sister is also a huge fan of It's a 10. I also want to really love the philosophy skincare products but for some reason they always seem to sting my skin a bit and I couldn't get past the smell.
Re: Empties[ Edited ]
Whoaaaaaa!!!! Awesome month!!!! I almost bought a pack of those Dior hydra life sleeping masks and now I'm feeling better that I didn't. At that price point meh just doesn't cut it.
Yeah they weren't actively bad like the moisturizers (with alcohol in the top 5 ingredients, really??), but I have other sleeping masks that work at least as well, for much cheaper. They do absorb more quickly than other sleeping masks, but that's not really a plus for me because it means I wake up dry. If I'm using a sleeping mask I want to wake up still very moisturized, and I'm willing to wait a bit before bed if necessary.
Now I'm completely turned off them. I like to wake up with tacky to touch skin or I feel dried out and grumpy.
Lately I've been doing a sorta triple masking mostly every night. Probably just a phase but it's fun. I've been using a 3 minute clearing mask (right now it's the caudalie instant detox) followed by a sheet mask and then followed by a sleeping mask.
Re: Empties[ Edited ]
Loves: All ready have or will repurchase
- It Cosmetics Superhero: Really enjoyed it and it made my lashes look longer and gave them volume but about two weeks ago I got pink eye so I decided to get rid of all my mascara I used at that time
- NIVEA INSHOWER LOTION: Left my skin soft and feels nice on my legs after I shave them.
- JERGENS WET SKIN MOIST COCONUT OIL: Doesn't require me to wash it off an I feel like it leaves my legs luminizing when my skin dries
- May Coop Raw Sauce: I liked the way it left my skin and it was sticky but not too much. It looked very clear so I am trying out the smaller bottle.
- DR. BRANDT SKINCARE Needles No More: I've been told this may be too much for my skin but I have spot on my forhead that I feel like this has really helped that spot.
- YSL Black Opium: I love this scent and have a lot of DS
- Versace Bright Crystal: Also enjoy this scent
Likes: Really enjoyed/willing to try again
- KVD Immortal Lash 24 Hour Mascara: Liked it did lash long but got rid of it due to pink eye. Would like to try it again
- Sephora Collection Outrageous Curl – Dramatic Volume And Curve Mascara: When I first tried it I hated it but I later tried it on one eye and actually really like the results, when my eyelashes are curled it separated them and aded volume but got rid of it due to pink eye. Would like to try it again
Sephora eye mask in Pomegranate and Lingzhi: they were alright can't remember much about them. I think I liked the Lingzhi better the Pomegranate one stinged a little
Meh: They did the "job" I think (would try free sample/gifted but wouldn't buy)
- Jack Black moisturizer with SPF is actually a like, it didn't make my face feel grease or made me break out.
- L'occitane almond shower oil: It was alright for use as shaving cream but I felt like it didn't laughter up enough. It smells good but wouldn't buy
The rest of the samples were ok wouldn't buy them.
Great empties. Did you use the boogie wipes for yourself or a child. ;-) I have to admit I am obsessed with that caudalie hand cream in your meh section. I don't know why but that sweet wheat scent (or whatever it is) really does it for me.
Re: Empties[ Edited ]
@kelloua I used them for myself.The only children I have are two dogs. Lol
It was alright but sort of felt like they left an odd film on my hands and not hydrating enough, my job requires me to wash my hands a lot!
@notcreative I bought the blue bottle and I honestly think I bought the wrong one and liked the one in the white packet better. I was thinking the same thing that it was light enough for summer.