Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Trash day.

Loves:

5D990AA4-511E-411F-8AF7-9689260D4CA7.jpeg

Spoiler
Repurchased the REN during the sale, the Velvet I have already purchased and picked up a couple in the Rewards Bazaar. The Milk foundation was very nice and I will consider this one when I am ready to buy another full coverage. The Lapcos was full of EO’s and has a scent very similar to Hello Calm. It’s a two part mask that fit my face almost perfectly. The Ahava foot cream I found on clearance for less than $4, I picked up 2. It’s a love and even T full price is a bit less than my favorite Aveda Foot Cream.

Good28223D93-773E-4017-9DB4-07B6CE69057A.jpeg

Spoiler
The stand-out here was the Whole Foods Skull Cap, gifted from @@itsfi. It is also a 2-part mask, similar to the Sephora Silver mask I recently tried and loved as well. If I lived closer to a Whole Foods I would replace this one.

Nope44686683-458E-4646-B190-C4599558B0AD.jpeg

Spoiler
This week’s masking challenge theme involved using unloved masks. Most of these have been sitting in my drawer for awhile, so it’s good to clear up some space! The Oozoo would be good except I’m trying to avoid alcohol in my masks. The Bonny Hill Collagen mask had that and parabens🙄. The KII mask was just as I remembered the first time I used it; kind of unremarkable. Not bad, but not good, either.

The Hourglass Caution started out well but quickly flaked and dried out. When I tried to use it today, it appeared that something broke as the wand had collected what looked like all of the mascara. It seemed to be missing whatever it is that helps pull off some of the product from the tube. I wasn’t too sad to toss it. I love their other products so not a big deal.

Time for another round of trash 😃 A nice batch this time around...no duds!

IMG_20181110_131536902.jpg

Spoiler
LOVES
Andalou Naturals Probiotic + C Renewal Cream: my fave winter moisturizer; finishing off a couple of old samples before cracking open my full size 

BBW Shea It Isn't So Foot Cream: nice and thick, keeps my feet soft

Fizz & Bubble Pineapple Coconut Lip Scrub: basically a solid block of sugar, very scrubby. Not actually empty, but it's starting to turn...it's around 1.5-2 years old and sat in the not-very-temperature-controlled basement for most of that time, so I'm not surprised or bothered by this. I have two more lip scrubs open, but will knock that down to just one at a time as I finish the others off, to help keep this from being a problem again.

LIKE/FINE
Leaders Brightening Recovery Mask: not sure I saw any brightening, but it fit relatively well, smelled fine, and stayed in place, so it's ok to me. I like the gel material of this one...not too slimy or slippery. I have a few more of these, and will use them.

Eucerin Intensive Repair Foot Cream: thinner than the BBW, but not bad
(Side note: I look like a crazy foot lotion nut lately with what seems like a dozen different tubes used up, but I did some serious straightening and organizing lately, and found half- and three-quarters-empty tubes all over the place. I think I'm down to nothing but full tubes now 😋)

PTR Cucumber Detox Eye Patches: these were fine, maybe even good. I recall liking them more than the few other eye patches I've tried. They aren't a part of my normal routine though, so it's unlikely I'd ever buy them.

Clinique Dramatically Different Hydrating Jelly: I had been thinking this might be a good summer moisturizer for me, but it's really more like a Hyaluronic serum...it definitely needed something else to seal it in, even on my oily skin. It was fine, would use again, but won't buy because I have plenty of HA stuff right now.

FAB Face Moisturizer: perfectly nice lightweight face lotion

OH Truth Serum: I think this was my last mini, and I'm content to move on to other samples and brands for now. It was nice, but I'm looking forward to trying others in my stash.

Empties!! I loved the YTTP Kale Cream so much, I finally bought the full size! 🤗 It's funny, because at first I didn't care for it much– it just grew on me I guess😉👍

E868019F-344A-429E-9CFF-C1424BE92A65.jpeg

Playing a bit of catch-up so here's my empties for 2018:

* indicates the product was mostly used prior to 2018

Makeup

Spoiler
  • Bare Minerals Original Foundation (fair) - 2g*
  • Bare Minerals Original Foundation (fairly light) - 2g*
  • Bare Minerals Mineral Veil - 2g*
  • Bare Minerals Mineral Veil - 2g
  • Coola Mineral SPF 30 Matte Tint used it like a foundation/face base
  • Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer sample

Skincare

Spoiler

Cleansers:

• CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser - 1 oz sample
  • Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser - 2 oz sample
  • Olay Regenerist Regenerating Cream Cleanser*
  • St. Ives Makeup Remover and Facial Cleanser*
  • St. Ives Apricot Scrub*

Daily Sunscreen:

• Nivea Sun Protect Water Gel SPF 50 PA+++ - 140 g bottle and 125 g refill
    • 81 uses in the 125 g refill

Eye Cream:

• Roc Retinol Correxion Eye Cream
    • 166 uses

Night Cream:

• CeraVe Skin Renewing Night Cream x4
    • ~40 uses
  • Dr. Dennis Gross C+ Collagen Deep Cream - 15 mL sample

Hydro Boost:

• Clinque moisture surge 72-hour auto-replenishing hydrator - 7 mL sample
  • Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Ultimate Hydro Gel - 1 mL sample and 25 mL deluxe sample
  • Hada Labo Skin Plumping Gel x2
    • Between 75-90 uses, the product is fine but I am not into the jar packaging
  • Vichy Mineral 89 x2
    • ~128 uses so about 2 months using both day and night
    • I feel like it helps my sleep lines and I really enjoy that it only has 11 ingredients and it comes in a bottle

Moisturizer

• CeraVe PM x4
    • 85-90 uses per bottle
  • Coola Mineral Sport SPF 30 Citrus Mimosa
    • This would pill if applied too thickly and did not work well with other face products
  • All-In-One Egg Mellow Cream sample
    • Wasn't a fan of the stringy texture
  • Korres Wild Rose Smoothie sample
  • Olay Whips sample
  • Purity Ultra-Light Moisturizer sample

Serum:

• Dr. Jart+ Cicapair Tiger Grass Re.Pair Serum - 5 mL
  • Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Sychronized Recovery Complex II - 7 mL Travel Size

Lip Care:

• Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask - 5g
    • I liked this a lot. Just purchased the trio and the Laneige set to have a battle royale between the two.
  • Bite Beauty Agave Balm - 1.3 g and .5 g sample
    • The consistency isn't steady enough for a balm form in my opinion. It's an okay product but I prefer the mask.
  • Ulta Lip Mask

Fantastic that you track your usage, @ShortErica. I did that during a pan challenge and was surprised to discover that I go through less product than I anticipated! It’s good to know cost/use as well, as some ‘inexpensive’ items are actually more per ounce than the pricier options. And if you need less product, it can be worth it to save up for the better quality products, I’ve found😊

Isn't it awesome what you can discover?!  🙂

I've been hooked on the Roc eye cream and it came in a 2 pack at BJ's. I'm on my 2nd tube and I saw there was a coupon for it. I think "I should get back ups" and then remember, I've only used it maybe a month so I won't run out for another 3 months so why rush to buy more. It has helped me be a lot more realistic with how much I use/need.

Anonymous Insider

RE: Empties

this has been done for a few days (first time- so proud) but i can’t get the top off in the event there’s anything more!! argh

Here are my October empties. Lots of hair care products this month from the Alterna Caviar line, it’s the only thing that keeps my hair manageable😂 Also shown is my last tube of Nude perfect oil cleanser. I’m very sad that Sephora no longer carries this line and I’ve depleted my stash. Now I’m on the hunt for the next perfect oil cleanser, I would love to hear any recommendations.

Re: RE: Empties

Interesting @elise222, I just used a sheet mask that had Seaberry in it, apparently it is chock-full of nutrients. I may need to check this out, too!

@eshoe I'm sure if you try it that you'll love it! I never used to understand the hype about cleansing oils until they used this on me during an in-store facial. Plus I love the smell.

I am personally quite happily with Burt’s Bees Cleansing Oil, @oceanics. It has a nice light scent and is very effective at removing makeup. My skin is dry, for reference.

Long time no post! I forgot to take photos of most of my empties, but here’s a few! 

I loved both! I also tried the skyn eye mask which didn’t help much  

0436F187-7AE5-4272-B278-11B944CC31BF.jpeg

A9A3F098-B919-4916-AE8C-7154046EBDC1.jpeg

From the past couple of weeks: The L'Occitane Shea Butter Extra Gentle Soap Lavender is something I have used for years. I alternate between shower gels and soaps, and love this soap. The bars are HUGE and last several months. I also alternate between a few of the scents.

That said, the smell of the L'Occitane Cherry Blossom hand cream and shower gel  are overwhelming and not at all pleasant. I would never buy this scent. Unfortunately I have a lot of shower gels and hand creams with the scent as I received four L’Occitane Advent calendars/gift sets last year and it was featured heavily.

The LANCôME - Tonique Confort Re-Hydrating Comforting Toner with Acacia Honey  is a miss. It’s thick and goopy, doesn’t absorb into the cotton to apply and then runs off onto the vanity or makes a big blob on your face. I used to buy this product years ago when it was thinner and loved the way it calmed my skin, but the new thick formula stressed me out trying to use it.

Peter Thomas Roth products: Soap came from a hotel and works fine. I liked the smell so I brought it home and used as a hand soap.

Peter Thomas Roth Hungarian Thermal Water Mineral-Rich Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL and Peter Thomas Roth Hungarian Thermal Water Mineral-Rich Atomic Heat Mask 5.1 oz/ 150 mL were both duds. Got them as samples and didn’t care for the smell (had a strong petro-chemical odor) or how they left my skin feeling. Possibly two of the worst samples I have ever tried from Sephora. Nope.

The AMIKA - Bust Your Brass Cool Blonde Shampoo and AMIKA - Bust Your Brass Cool Blonde Conditioner I just didn’t care for the texture of the products.

The Verb Hydrating Shampoo 12 oz/ 355 mL and Conditioner I liked the smell, texture, and how they left my hair, but I prefer Alterna Caviar for right now. I usually change shampoos every couple of years and the Verb would be a strong contender the next time I buy shampoo and conditioner.#

You received 4 L’Occitane advent calendars last year, @flamingolegs? You got a lotta l’Occitane love in your network, too bad the scents weren’t more subtle, or even almond. Maybe this year will be different, I sure hope so 😉

Three Advent calendars and two other gift sets!  My boss, a coworker, my husband, and an aunt, all got me L'Occitane, plus I had bought myself an Advent calendar because I thought my husband had forgotten!  I am a big fan, and am never without a mini-size hand cream in my bag, sometimes two--plus one in my pocket, the car...  It's definitely a fool proof gift for people to get me--and they come in all different price points. 🙂 

All but one had the Almond as well, love that!  

seems you had a tough last couple of weeks in the product...

seems you had a tough last couple of weeks in the product department @flamingolegs. kudos to you for finishing them.! sending some "loves" wishes your way😍💖💖

October empties Bite agave lip balm- nice but I prefer the mask Evian facial spray - meh SK II RNA power eye cream - nice and good texture It’s a 10 potion 10 miracle styling potion Spa life bubble mask

Loves

IMG_0769.JPG

IMG_0770.JPG

Meh/Nope

IMG_0771.JPG

Hi @suzyo,

I recently got the Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Sheet Mask 1 x 0.68 oz/ 20 mLin the Skincare Wonderland favorites for Sephora inside JCPenney. I've heard so many good reviews and I'm so excited to try it. How did you like it?

-Helen

@HelenBT It was kinda borderline meh/like. I didn't get any noteworthy results, but I'd be willing to try it again when my skin is less dry, like the summertime.

8,134 Replies
testing