I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.
I like the sunscreen oil, but I have read several reviews that people hated it. It will probably be in Sephora's favorites sun safety set this coming summer (it was last summer) that might be a great opportunity to try it out.
Got to finish a few things over the weekend Here are my thoughts:
- Nars Creamy Concealer in Vanilla : Will definitely repurchase. It's one of the best concealers out there. I use it mostly for my undereye circles, but if I ever have any problematic areas on the face, it's good to go to that use as well.
- YSL Touche Eclat No.2 : Will repurchase as well. This is one of those products that I used almost daily. It doesn't conceal in the same way the Nars one does, but it helps with undereye circles without it looking like you've used anything, whereas with the Nars, at the end of the day you start seeing the creaminess of it under your eyes.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel : One of my staples. I use it daily. Even if you don't do anything with your brows, this product will help keep the hairs neat and in place.
- Bumble and Bumble Sunday shampoo : Already repurchased. A great 'end of the week' shampoo for tired over-styled hair. This baby is a hangover cure for your hair.
- Boscia Detoxifying Black cleanser : Loved this while I was using it, but moved on to the Tatcha Camellia Cleansing Oil. I've got nothing bad to say about this, though
- Korres Showergel in Guava : Love the idea, hate the execution. This smelled absolutely nothing like Guava, but more like powdery old lady. Really hated the smell of this and tried to finish it as soon as I possibly could. I even told my boyfriend to go ahead and use it for me Will never repurchase again just because of the smell.
Is it full coverage? I currently use MUFE Full Cover concealer but I keep hearing about this NARS concealer. Maybe I need to give it a whirl... I'm struggling with adult acne right now so I need something heavy duty.
I find it to be full coverage. I never tried the MUFE one so I can't compare the two. The NARS concealer is really creamy; it doesn't have a thick texture/consistency yet it covers.
Re: Empties[ Edited ]
I am super stoked and proud of myself for finishing these.
My number one most proud moment is finally finishing this bottle of Shu Uemaura cleansing oil that was part of their Princess holiday collection in 2013!
I also finished the Clinique Take the Day off Cleansing Balm which I alternated with the Shu Uemura.
A pack of Shiseido cotton, a small size of Alerna shampoo, a Nars radiant creamy concealer, an Anastasia brow gel, and a "deluxe" sample of the Benefit 12 hour flawless primer.
I pretty much have repurchased everything except the following: that Benefit primer was a joke, the Alterna shampoo was such a small size (it was the one from the Black Friday set) that I only got 2 uses out of it so I can't decide if it's good for me or not,and I have decided to try the NYX Control Freak brow gel instead of the ABH because I've heard so much about it.
Great job! I love finishing anything, but it is always more rewarding when I finish a full size item.
I've been wanting to try the NARS creamy concealer for a while. Would love to read your thoughts.
You're so right. I am keeping my empties in a box until I get around to posting a picture on this thread. When I get to throw an empty bottle in the box I feel such satisfaction!
And I'm not this way with just beauty products. I love throwing things in the trash. I don't know why - but I love finishing anything and throwing it in the trash - like the trash can is some kind of reflection of everything that I do. Weird...
Especially when it takes this long! It's just so rewarding!
I personally LOVE the radiant creamy concealer, granted you get the right shade. I use it under my eyes (albeit I don't have bags, circles, or any darkness there but I like to brighten the area anyway) and around my lips since I have some dark scars there. It works great and I don't even set it. I've never been into setting makeup on my face because I have terribly dry skin and I'm afraid of cake face. I will say that this concealer is a good medium coverage concealer. I don't say it's full coverage because I have terrible very black scars that this won't cover and I'm still searching for a concealer for those.
Re: Empties[ Edited ]
It was an odd coincidence that I finished all three of my Korean skincare items during my skincare session last night. I am deeply dedicated to these three products: this is my third empty bottle of each, and I have multiple backups in the wings.
From left to right:
MISSHA Time Revolution Night Repair - a light serum with a lovely texture; full of happy-skin ingredients like niacinamide, antioxidants, ferments, hyaluronic acid, peptides, CoQ10...
MISSHA The First Treatment Essence Mist - a supposed dupe for SKII's Facial Treatment Essence, I credit this stuff with making my skin barrier stronger
Benton Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel - I use this as a slip agent to perform my nightly facial massage after I've put on my treatments but before I finish with moisturizer