Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: RE: @weetart, I'm a big fan of Dr. Jart masks... glad to see...

@angelKiss24 oh say whaaaaat? I somehow have missed this. Thank you for bringing it to my attention!!!

Re: RE: Empties

Nice mask empties @Weetart! About how long did it take you to get through all of these? That Skyn Berry stuff was so gritty; I am pretty sure I finally gave up and decluttered mine. The Bio-Zeup looks interesting - would love to know the brand on it, I zoomed in but couldn't read it. Thanks for the thorough reviews, I was going to ask about the Klairs but re-read and see your notes 🙂

@eshoe Thanks! Thats about 6 days of stuff. And sorry I forgot to put the brand for the Bio-Zeup! It is Enature. I’ve also tried their Squeeze Green watery and Vita-8 and liked them as well. They are also $2.50 which is a bonus. 

Oh cool, thank you @Weetart! You do a lot of masking in a week😊 I may have tried a mask by Enature, if not I’m going to add it to my try list.

Great empties @Weetart! That is good to know about the Tatcha mask I almost got that one and now I’m glad i didn’t.

RE: Re: RE: Empties

@faeriegirl it was a real disappointment! everyone seems to like the brand so I thought I’d give the mask a try.

Re: Empties

April was a big month for using things up for me again!  I used up eight full sized products--some of which had been hanging around and needed to be used up, others because I use them daily or weekly.  I made a good size dent in the foils and samples as well, and I'm very happy about that.  I'm still on track to have the huge overstock cut by 75% by the end of the year.  My goal is to be able to fit every bit of overstock into a single FFF box, including hair care products.

Things I love and either already use daily/regularly or would absolutely buy:
L to R (top to bottom)
Living Proof Frizz Shampoo and Conditioner, Marajo Shampoo and Conditioner, Verb Sea Shampoo & Conditioner, Alterna Caviar Bond Repair, Living Proof Restore Spray, Laneiege Sleeping Mask

Sephora Cotton Rounds, Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate, AmorePacific Botanical Oil (Lightest oil I"ve ever tried and a little goes a long way.  Caudalie Vinosource Creme Sorbet, Caudalie Vinoperfect Serum

Kiehl's Soy Milk & Honey Body Polish, Kiehl's Hand Salve (x2), Laneiege Lip Sleeping Mask, Spongelle (can't recall the scent)

april loves.jpg

Things that were OK but I probably wouldn't buy--usually because there's something I prefer in the space (some were hotel items that I brought home to use up.)

L to R (top to bottom)
Nest Shampoo & Conditioner (Mint & Moss--loved the scent, not so great for my hair), Ouai Shampoo & Conditioner, Paul Mitchell Shampoo & Conditioner
Kiehl's Cucumber Face Cleanser, Peter Thomas Roth Power Serum, OleHenriksen Truth Serum
Clinique Pep Start Eye Cream, Crabtree & Evelyn Verbena & Lavender Hand Soap

April OK.jpg

Things that I didn't care for or just flat out did nothing for me
L to R (top to bottom)
Crabtree & Evelyn Body Lotion, Paul Mitchell Body Lotion, Giovanni Body Lotion, Lavido Hand Cream, Anthropologie Mer Sea Body Cream (this stuff is TERRIBLE!  It actually dries out your skin)
Boscia MakeUP BreakUp cleansing Oil,  L'Occitane Cleansing Milk,  L'Occitane Lip Balm, Bite Beauty Agave Lip Scrub and Balm (scrub had a terrible bitterness to it)

Marc Jacobs Eye Pencil (broke off deep inside the first time I tried to use it), Dry Bar Shampoo & Conditioner, Kora Noni Glow (sticky and unpleasant scent), Kiehl's Deep Wrinkle Cream (did NOTHING)
Three perfume samples that didn't float my boat.

April No.jpg

@flamingolegs , I really like when Sephora gives us those 5-7 day foil sets to try.  I've found some good things and a lot of eh (for me) things this way.

RE: Re: Empties

@flamingolegs nice dent! That’s a good idea to have an end of year goal. I’d really like be able to have less stuff and just use things up.

Re: RE: Re: Empties

I'd really like to use up a lot of my makeup as well, but I work from home so I only wear it 1-2 times a week.  Hoping to hit pan on at least a few things by the end of the year.  I'll finish one blush, a BB cream, 4-5 mascaras, and two lip glosses by the end of the year for sure, and possibly a shadow palette as well.

Empties

I can't figure out how to tag products😅 Can someone help me so i can post mine please?

@tiffmarie1 

Tagging products can be a glitchy pain depending on which platform you are using (full site/mobile site/app), and it's not necessary at all. If you want to try though, use the pound sign, or else click "tag a product" above the box you type in on the reply page. Then start typing the name of the product you want to tag and it should bring up a list 😊

Well, I just emptied my Farmacy Honey Drop Lightweight Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mLsample size I got in my Play! box a while ago. Looks like it's time to drop the $$$ on a full size. It's making my wallet cry but my heart happy at the same time. Good thing I get paid on the 6th... Maybe I'll be able to place 2 orders before the spring sale ends, lol.

@HunterKathleen I haven't used this moisturizer before but I have heard good things about it. LMK how well the bigger jar works! ~ 

Same! I'm now on my second full sized jar! The packaging...

Same! I'm now on my second full sized jar! The packaging is such great quality too. It comes in a cool glass jar with a magnetized lid and a spatula that is also a magnet so it never gets lost and makes things much more sanitary!

Re: Same! I'm now on my second full sized jar! The packaging...

I didn't know the lid was magnetized! That's cool. My sample size came in a glass jar which I thought was awesome. I actually cleaned it out and kept it for storing small doo-dads on my dresser. I dig any brand that goes for glass packaging over plastic and foil. (:

I love reordering these skincare products in the boxed sets, great value!  I’ve reordered the Peter Thomas Roth Mask Frenzy and the pumpkin enzyme mask several times.  I also love Tatcha but get the boxed set over the full size except for the Rice Polish and essence water.  Found the refresh mist from Dr. Dennis Gross.  I’ve repurchased over and over Hourglass Translucent powder when I run out.  It’s so finely milled and gives a flawless airbrush finish

PETER THOMAS ROTH - Mask Frenzy

TATCHA - Bestsellers Set

Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask Enzymatic Dermal Resurfacer 5 oz

TATCHA - The Rice Polish Foaming Enzyme Powder

DR. DENNIS GROSS SKINCARE - C + Collagen Perfect Skin Set & Refresh Mist

Hourglass Veil™ Translucent Setting Powder - Talc Free Translucent

RE: Re: Empties

@2manyperfumes what is the Dr Dennis Gross spray like? And when do you use it? I am a huge fan of mists and sprays.

I use sprays after I’ve put on primer, foundation, concealer, highlighter and I set with powder.  Then I generously mist my face.  Then I do my eyes, cheeks, lips, mist again.  I keep a bottle to refresh my face and makeup when I’m feeling dry near the end of the day.  If I’m going out st night and want to freshen up my makeup I spritz my face with a moisturizing mist.  I love the Dr. DG, Tatcha Dewy Mist TATCHA - Bestsellers Setand the Caudalie grape water mist. CAUDALIE - Grape Water

Its so hard to get the hashtags to call up the right products @Weetart  (I only wanted the Tatcha Dewy mist (purple bottle) best value is the bestsellers gift set.  The Caudalie Grape Water.  

RE: Empties

My April empties😊 loved everything except the Chi spray which was just okay. And the Lancôme foundation was just okay too.. it was a little off shade wise, and I have an oily tzone and this wasn’t matte enough for me.

8,140 Replies
testing