Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

@CookieGirl1 

Yeah, I've got so much stuff I like that I'm just not willing to try and force a use of something I find iffy or bleh, and I'm certainly not looking to force a whole new category (like self-tanners) to become a thing for me lol. Sometimes it's best just to let something go and move on!

@RGbrown the rose scent on the Lip Slip does NOT sounds appealing. Rose is fine for many things, but lip products…odd choice. Nice work!

@eshoe 

I can't stand strongly scented lip stuff, especially if it's floral/perfumey...florals are my least favorite scents in general, and rose is typically a strong no for me in anything, especially a lip product that's going to be right under my nose all day 😒 Thankfully I grabbed this on clearance, so at least it didn't hit my wallet too hard 😋

Empties from the first half of the month

October empties, part 1October empties, part 1

TOP ROW:

Spoiler
All the sheet masks in this top row are ones that I have already repurchased or will repurchase. 

* Hanyul Yuja Face Oil Sheet Mask - the oil essence in this mask feels luxuriously rich and smells absolutely divine - a fresh, slightly sweet, citrus scent. Results were good too - skin felt soft, plump and nourished and looked brightened.

* Some By Mi Diamond Brightening Glow Luminous Ampoule Mask is one of the biggest finds for me so far this month. The mask is aptly name - my skin looked lit - it was glowy, bouncy, plump, supple and looked happily hydrated. I was very pleasantly surprised with how radiant my complexion looked after using this mask.

* Innisfree Jeju Root Energy Mask (Ginger) - the ginger variety is one of two masks within this series that has a cream serum to it and my dry and dehydrated skin feels nourished and moisturized by it without feeling heavy or looking greasy after use. 

* Innisfree Cica Mask with Bija Seed Oil - this was magnificent - redness was diminished, breakouts flattened, skin felt soothed and nourished and had a fresh-faced, dewy brightness to it. 

* Etude House 0.2mm Air Therapy Mask - Madecassoside is another winner from this series of mask, especially good for when my skin is sensitive, irritated or going through or recovering from a breakout. 

I have had a tube on Indeed Labs Hydraluron Moisture Serum in my skincare collection for about 5 years or more. It's a thicker gel / jelly texture that is hydrating and soothing. It comes out when my skin is going through serious dryness and I've found it to works well with the moisturizers I typically reach for to treat extreme dryness.

Drunk Elephant D-Bronzi has been a go-to for me when I want to add some healthy color and glow to my skin.

The whipped consistency of Drunk Elephant Lala Retro Whipped Cream is great; mixes well with oils as well as something like D-Bronzi. This is my last, or one of my last, DS of this thick, rich, ceramide based cream. 

Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge is good quality at a good price - a winning combination. Soft but not too soft; firm but not too firm. The slant, angles and points of the sponge come in handy too.

MIDDLE ROW:

Spoiler
The sheet masks are good and ones I would happily use again. There are just others on the market that I like more. All are good for dehydrated or dry skin types, the first three in particular. 

* Etude House 0.2mm Air Therapy (Camellia) - the jelly oil serum in this one is good for dry or dehydrated skin

Etude House 0.2mm Air Therapy (Argan) - dry or very dry skin types will like creamy oil serum 

* The Creme Shop Squalane Rose Oil - oil in serum is light enough to suit those with normal, combo, dry or dehydrated skin. Those with oily or very oily skin might like it in the coldest part of the winter.

* Kocostar Waffle Mask (Ice Cream) - the waffle design of the sheet combined with the gel like serum make this a great combination for those with sensitive and dry or dehydrated skin

butter London Lip Gloss (Tea With the Queen) - it took me some time to like this product. On it's own, it completely washes me out, but after working with it for a while, I've discovered this one works well with both the bolder matte liquid lip colors in my lipstick collection as well as the ones that have a warmer coral / peachy / orange tone to it, in both instances making the colors look more wearable on me. 

Korres Greek Yoghurt Foaming Cream Cleanser is a very thick cream and needs some water to help emulsify it and make it easier to spread and massage into the skin. I wouldn't say it foams up so much as you can get a gentle lather. It's a good cleanser for very dry skin though not my favorite one.

Farmacy Honey Honeymoon Glow AHA Resurfacing Night Serum with Hydrating Honey + Gentle Flower Acids does make my skin feel soft, smooth and more clear overnight. I do like the Farmacy honey products, including this one, but I find that at the moment my preference is to exfoliate my skin either with a wash off peel or in a liquid formula that I apply with a reusable cotton round. 

La Roche Posay Hydraphase Intense Mask has a nice cream consistency to it. It's not an immediate repurchase as I have a handful of other very good wash off hydrating masks that I'm working through at the moment.

Nest Candle - Vanilla Chai smells wonderful and perfect for the fall. I just prefer the pumpkin scented candle from Voluspa.

One of my first fancy candles, Votivo Aromatic Candle (Red Current) has a slightly sweet, slightly warm and creamy scent and a great throw. 

Illume Eternal Nomad Thai Lily Body Butter is one of those products I wished I would have actually gotten around to using when I first picked it up - it has a nice, fresh, floral scent. 

BOTTOM ROW:

Spoiler

For the most part, the sheet masks in this last row are fine enough. I would use these again, with maybe one exception. For the two Etude House masks (Damask Rose and Pearl variety), there's a season when these masks work well for my skin. There are just others within the 0.2mm line that work better for my skin year round. 

I'm intrigued by the Beauty Pie Japanfusion Uji Tea Leaf Sheet Mask - it's cut vertically. It does take some getting used to and while my first impression were more 'meh', I will give it another try to see if that opinion holds true.

The Sephora Collection hand masks and foot masks are great to have on hand; these limited edition holidays one make for wonderful gifts / stocking stuffers. I pick up several every year for that reason. For personal use, these are fine; just not my favorites. 

AmorePacific makes one of my favorite mists. This AmorePacific Moisture Bound Skin Energy Hydration Mist (pink version) was part of a trio set I picked up a couple years ago= each mist had its own design, color and a different scent than the original AP moisture mist. It's the scent on this one that makes it a 'meh' for me. There's a hanbang / herbal / slightly medicinal scent that doesn't make my nose super happy, which is odd since I tend to like the hanbang scent; there's just something in this particular fragrance blend that isn't my favorite.

Eminence Organic Skincare Birch Water Purifying Essence is another and the big 'meh' of this batch. My skin didn't care for it when I layered multiple layers of it like an essence - it was too much for my skin, but it worked fine if I used it just as a toner, which is what I did to use it up. 

MTD (as of 10.15.2021) = 27

Great job on the empties, @itsfi!! 

Thank you @haleyvvvv! Can’t believe we’re almost through with another year of empties.

I know I dont keep track of what I use and always forget to take a picture. 🙄. This time I remembered to take a few😁. Here are my empties:

InShot_20211012_123216628~3.jpg

20210915_153710~2.jpg

Spoiler

LOVE😍
Glow RecipeWatermelon Glow Ultra-Fine Mist
   Loved it as always but I have since used other sprays. This was my 3rd bottle from the Holiday collection last yr. I used to use it during the day but I'm afraid the oils will break down my sunscreen faster.  I will definitely buy this again and use it at nightime. The soft watermelon scent is very relaxing too. I'm going to see if I can open it to re-use the fine spray nozzle.

Glow Recipe Glow Lip Pop Lip Balm OG
   Loved this balm and finally finished this one in May this year, from the Gratis in 2019(?). It smelled the same and never went bad. 🙂 This was a lifesaver when the Marine lip Algae by Dr Dennis Gross was discontinued on Sephora. I am now using up my other Gratis love, the Tatcha lip mask. 

Lawless Forget the Filler lip gloss
   A Gratis 2021 used up because I fell in love with it. I bought a Sephora collection bottle scraper and used every last juicy morsel of this gloss. As you can see in the pic, lol. It hydrated and stayed on the whole night even with drinking water. It plumped up my lips during the day and the wand was an awesome lip hugger that pleasantly massaged my lips. It lasted a long time because one siwpe at the bottom of my lips was all I needed for all over coverage. I wish the handle didn't peel off with all the oils I used in my skincare routine but that is a tiny issue. I will definitely purchase the color glosses once I have panned my mini Ilia balm oils. 

Milk Makeup KUSH High Volumizing Mascara

This was from the Holiday set with the Lip balm (that I have yet to use) and the brow gel. It built up my lashes pretty well and was a timesaver compared to Benefits They're Real! Magnet Extreme Lengthening Mascara. It took way less time to build up to some extreme lashes. I love the heavy feel of the wand  and the bristles weren't prickly. Still, I love my Ilia mascara  better for the ease of washing it all away with only soap and water.

Nuface 24k Gold complex Gel primer
   I really enjoyed this and wish they had kept it in their line. It felt very cooling and more moisturizing than the regular gel. I am using the new Silk creme and  am not wowed by it. The built in brush was also very helpful in applying.

Julep Triple Quench Deep Hydration Sheet Mask System

This was a very hydrating and relaxing mask to use. The essence packet was easy to open with wet hands and had more than enough to apply on. The mask didn't cover the whole face but well enough. I would pull it up and down depending on where I needed the hydration more. It was very easy to separate the mask from the mesh while it was on. It was very cooling to the face. There was so much juice in the mask packet, that I would give my hands a soak as well. The moisturizer after the mask was ok but I felt I needed to complete my skincare and often would forget I had that 3rd step to complete. I dont remember what the price was but it was a good deal for a 5 pack.

MEH🤐

Augustinus Bader The Rich Cream with TFC8
   It was not that moisturizing and didn't alleviate any dryness for me.

Tatcha The Dewy Serum Resurfacing and Plumping Treatment
   I didn't see any improvement in the 7 days challenge I used it for. It's been the only serum that has sat heavy on my face. The Tatcha overnight repair serum and Eye cream are much better samples to use. They have been more beneficial than the serum and am glad I didn't give up on the Tatcha line. I will probably re-purchase those deluxe samples and give my review on them in a few weeks.

@Buootiful 

Love the Lawless filler gloss.

I concur with your AB evaluation, @Buootiful. I was surprised and relieved to not fall in love with it based on everything I have heard. 

You definitely scraped the LAWLESS Forget The Filler Lip Plumper Line Smoothing Gloss @Buootiful.  I did the same thing--I wasn't going to let a bit go to waste!

Nope, no wasting here! This is my most proudest pan 😁 @CookieGirl1 

Nicely done, @Buootiful!! Love the GR products and that Milk Mascara!!  

Thanks @haleyvvvv ! Most of GR is great!

Great job @Buootiful! The GR watermelon mist is wonderful and has one of the best  misters out there. ♥️ Was there anything in particular about the AB cream that made it just meh? 

@itsfi For the price point I really expected more. Even though I got it as a gwp, it felt lile a generic moisturizer. It does its job in a pinch but nothing special.

YTD 314! 🗑

Notes in the spoiler 

IMG_20211013_150239208.jpg

Spoiler
Homeworx Heirloom Orchard: This one was nice, good scent, decent throw. I think the brand is grossly overpriced at retail, but half-off or better is an acceptable gamble. Some have better throw than others, and I feel like they burn perhaps a bit quicker than I'd like, but I've never had tunneling issues and they burn neatly all the way down.

Onyx 100% Acetone: just a basic necessity for my polish habit. I grabbed a couple of these at Five Below for $4, but recently found a gallon jug at Sally for $22, so that'll be my next supply. I add a little glycerin to mimic Zoya Remove+, and it works fabulously at removing polish quickly without being quite so drying. (technically this is a shot of my full bottle, because I forgot to save the old one for this pic before recycling it. Whoops!)

BBW Raspberry & Sweet Mint lotion: love BBW lotion, and I love this scent. I don't catch much mint, but the raspberry is quite nice, not too sweet or cloying.

Butter London Nail Foundation: hands down my favorite ridge filling base coat. I get 90-ish percent coverage of my ridges with just one coat, and a couple coats of polish over that usually smooths everything out (not always, but close enough that I'm happy). I've tried several others lately, and none give me anywhere near the same results.

The One by Frederic Fekkai One More Day Dry Shampoo: sprays out sooooo much at once that getting the hang of not wasting these was tough...I got roughly 1.5 uses out of the first couple of cans, but managed to get 3ish out of the last two. As long as I don't overuse it, it's a nice dry shampoo, but it can be easy to go overboard and wind up with some flaky product buildup on my scalp. Works really well though, when done right, making my roots look clean again without being stiff or gritty.

Kitao Matcha & Chia Essence: Not quite empty, but I recently overhauled my entire evening routine, gutting it completely and basically starting over. I have to say, I'm not really sure how I feel about this...it's a thicker essence, low/no scent, mild and inoffensive. I've been using it for gosh, two years now, and still have 15-20% left, so it's economical as well. But I've been battling some congestion under the skin off and on for months, years, I dunno, forever now? And I have no idea what the culprit is anymore, so I've cut out dang near everything to start fresh. If/when I add an essence back in, it'll be the ELF Hydrating Essence I have on hand, so this is being decluttered, not because it's bad, but mostly because I'm ready for a change (and the ELF essence has niacinamide, which means I can cut my niacinamide serum, which in turn helps keep my routine simpler).

Redken Deep Clean Dry Shampoo: yup, true love. I knew I loved this one, but it's been so long since I allowed myself to use one of my precious cans that I'd forgotten just how much better it is than anything else I've ever tried. NO buildup on my scalp even after a full 5 days of usage, the white stuff shakes out easily, and my hair looks as clean and fresh as it does on wash day. Absolutely amazing stuff! Have more and will rebuy (with sales, as $25 is still crazy for how fast I go through it, since I use dry shampoo daily)

NailTek Renew Cuticle Oil: eh, fine. A bit thicker/oilier feeling than I like, but it wasn't bad. It's got some jojoba (best for nails), but as the 4th ingredient...I'd prefer it be higher than that in a commercial mix. In any case, not a rebuy, but if it somehow showed up in my stash again, I'd use it up. 

Lip Smacker Crayola Lip Balm (Razzmatazz): ridiculously large tube that'll hold at least 3 times more than was actually in it. Super cute, but a touch wasteful IMHO. That aside, it had twice as much product as a normal size tube, and the raspberry flavor was good. 

Lip Smacker Coca-Cola Lip Balm (Vanilla Coke): not my favorite flavor, but I'm not a vanilla Coke fan anyways, so this was no shock to me 😛 I did like that it was clear, which kept me from winding up with pink smears on the insides of my masks when I went out.

Smith's Rosebud Tropical Ambrosia Balm: nah. This is the balm I've been keeping on my desk, and it's probably two thirds gone, but when I recently caught myself getting up to get the balm off my coffee table and use it instead of using this one, I figured it was time to declutter. This is petrolatum heavy...while I have no issue with petrolatum as an ingredient, it just isn't my preferred lip balm...it slides right off my lips, leaving them just as dry as they were before I applied it. 

FAB Face Moisturizer: good basic moisturizer that I'd use again.

IMG_20211013_150428841.jpg

Sorry the pic is blurry...normally I'll take 2-3 shots just to make sure I get a clear version, but today I just *knew* I had it fine on the first one lol.

Sheets masks, all bioBelle, all a true love of mine. Love the Ulta shower tablets. The Fizz & Bubble shower cubes (Zen) can be hit or miss, and this one was definitely a miss. I ordered blindly, and the scent did not agree with me (hard to describe, kinda herbal but also powdery?). Crushing it up and mixing it with the Ulta ones helped a bit, but also felt like a waste of my precious Ulta tablets that I love and can't replace lol.

So many for this year!! Nicely done, @RGbrown!! 

Thanks so much @haleyvvvv! 💕

@RGbrown Great work! How did you get the nail polish bottle cleared out?

@Samtian 

Put a little acetone in it, shake/swirl it around, dump on a paper towel, and repeat as needed!

@RGbrown Thank you!

8,134 Replies
testing