I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.
I use makeup wipes to get most of the stuff off before I Clarisonic. (Or let's be real: I use a makeup wipe while yawning, proclaim it "good enough" and go to bed.)
Actually, this time around the competition was much stronger for most loved than most hated, so I think the mascara got there just by being mediocre. I will say that I didn't even have it open a month before tossing it, though.
Eek, now I've confused myself too! I just scrolled back - Maybe it was actually your post, but now I see that you just said it's not the look you're going for. Otherwise, I had the thread sorted wrong and also commented on some posts from 2013, so take anything I say with a grain of salt! I was just thinking I was surprised to see two people not love it.
Eeep I'm a couple days late! Here's my empties for April!
I will be, I want to, or I have already repurchased-
hourglass mineral veil foundation- this one was in fair. It was really yellow in me so if there is a lighter shade I will be buying again.
Beauty blender solid- a must have item.
Maybelline age rewind concealer- this is nice and light and covers my undereye darkness and brightens my face beautifully. It needs a finishing powder or it will crease but I really love the final result it gives. $8 well spent. I already repurchased.
Kat von d lock it tattoo foundation- this sample rocked! It's heavier coverage than I usually use but gave a beautiful photo finish! It's on my shopping list for when I get through another foundation.
Bite lip wipes- I still have lots of these but love them to death! They remove even the darkest and driest lip pigment fully and easily in a couple swipes.
It looks more impressive than it is. I would be more inclined to call the stuff I don't use ridiculous.
Some months you just get lucky and finish a bunch of near empty stuff off. I've been targeting certain items to use up and using them exclusively trying to clear up a little space.
Thanks! It's very satisfying pushing through my stash. I just need to remember to buy less than I use to get things back down to a more reasonable amount. I really don't want to be expanding my collection into another piece of furniature.
I made a deal with myself I had to get through three foundations in order to buy one replacement, so I chose the emptiest ones to get through first. It seems like more than it was, but I'm still pretty happy with my progress.
I think I can hold out buying more for another bottle or so. It feels good to be downsizing for what that's worth. Four down. Eleven to go.
I've been kind of trying to do the same thing with some skincare and eye creams. Like the debt snowball trick (pay off your lowest balance first), but with makeup! I have so many foundations, too, and I'm such a sucker for new ones. So, now I'm trying to sample them for a few days, at least, to see if it's really worth investing in!
Re: Empties[ Edited ]
Then you won't be surprised that it took me what seemed like a year to use it up. I'm sick of it. I had to force myself to get through it. It doubled as my shaving gel and I still thought I'd be smelling this scent forever. There's only so much plasticy vanilla a girl can take.
how in the world is another month over already?!?!?!?!
full size products
- mixed chicks leave in conditioner - leaves my hair hydrated, helps with frizz and doesn't weigh my hair down
- deva curl no poo shampoo - gentle, hydrating and makes my curls sing!
- prada candy l'eau - I LOVE THIS SCENT!!!
- glysomed hand cream
- sugar advanced therapy
- urban decay subversion - fave lash primer - especially with coloured mascara!!!
- anastasia beverly hills brow whiz
- mary kay satin hands
- sephora targeted eye remover swabs - i always have some of these - i'm not finicky on brand - these were good but not special - i would repurchase but right now i have others
- elf high definition powder
- fairy drops lash primer
- glysomed body lotion - i prefer the hand and foot creams
- avon eye makeup remover lotion - IT BURNS!!!
- olive lips lip balm - dry when i got it!
- deva curl light defining gel - i like this one for day 3 hair that needs a little refresher
- origins drink up intensive overnight mask
- urban decay all nighter
- algenist eye balm
- urban decay subversion lash primer
- boscia tsubaki cleansing oil
- algenist firming and lifting serum
- benefit they're real mascara
- urban decay perversion mascara
- too faced shadow insurance
- shiseido ibuki softening concentrate
- shiseido ibuki moisturizer
- johnson's baby wash
- buxom mascara
- shiseido benefiance eye cream
- tata harper resurfacing mask
- tata harper regenerating cleanser
- glam glow bright mud eye treatment
- derma dr wrinkle eye cream
- josie maran cleansing powder
- omorovicza thermal cleansing
- nude treatment oil
- strivectin 5 minute glycolic peel
- bliss micro magic microdermabrasion - liked on body hated on face
- ren - v cleanse flash rinse
- eslor replenishing scrub
things i forgot to include
- deva curl one condition
- deva curl ultra defining gel
- origins charcoal mask
- equate makeup removing wipes
- biore pore perfect strips
- boscia pore purifying black strips
- equate quilted squares
I can't remeber the last full bottle of perfume I used up... I think it was Ralph lauren her. That was waaaay back! I bought a second bottle and still have it. It seems dated now.