Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

@Mellmars1185 

Thanks! Purity is something I'm not sure I'd spend money on, mostly because I've never had to...the samples flow so freely that it has been a staple in my routine for years without me spending a single cent on it 😂 It's a good cleanser, I keep it in my shower!

@RGbrown That is a loney saver for sure! I think i have a few samples of it myself. I should give it a try!

January 2022 Empties:

1.2022 Empties 1.jpg

1.2022 Empties 2 (Sheet Masks).jpg

LOVES:

Spoiler

I would repurchase all of these products, 4 of which (Paula's Choice Omega+ Complex+ Cleansing Balm, CosRX Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence, Peace Out Squad Acne Dots, and belif The True Cream Moisturizing Bomb) have been repeated repurchases for a while - years for many of these products. 

Tatcha The Dewy Skin Cream, along with the belif Moisturizing Bomb, are part of my annual winter skincare rotation. 

I first learned of the Innisfree Cica Balm with Bija Seed Oil when I tried (and loved) the sheet mask. That lead me to pick up this foil sample with a purchase to see if it was as good as I thought. It is. A full size will be in my future...once I get through a few more skincare products I already have on hand. 

Hand sanitizers are great - pre-covid and present day. This pink lemonade scent from Bath & Body Works smells amazing - just the right amount of fresh, sweet, crisp and fruity. 

I was surprised how much I liked the Coola Suncare Mineral Face Sunscreen Lotion Sheer Matte SPF 30 - it spreads easily, no white cast, and is not drying. 

LIKES: Products with the shopping bag are ones I would repurchase.

Spoiler

These were all nice products; if I didn't have a handful (quite a few handfuls actually) of products that I'm trying to work through, I would probably list a couple of more products in this group as repurchase worthy, but since I'm trying to do a better job at streamlining the collection of products, there are just two in this row that I would definitely repurchase.

The Victoria Beckham Beauty Priming Moisturizer (Original) grew on me. It does a good job of hydrating and lightly moisturizing the skin and has a slight tack to it to make it a great primer. Smashbox Always On Longwear Matte Liquid Lipstick - Stepping Out also grew on me. I'm not usually a fan of liquid lipsticks, I find them very drying, but this was different. I wouldn't say it's hydrating or moisturizing, but didn't dry out my lips. The color of Stepping Out is also very nice - it's described as a deep nude and I agree that the tone is on the deeper side, but there's enough of a rose tint to suit me.

LACKLUSTER:

Spoiler
The R + Co Gemstone Colour Shampoo felt a little drying and the R + Co Gemstone Colour Conditioner just wasn't a  standout. The Sephora Collection Kiwi Lip Scrub contained zero scrubbies; none. It was just a balm. The Sephora Collection Clean Watermelon Eye Masks are fine, but there are similar if not better performing eye masks at a better price point. I like the opening of the Dolce & Gabbana Dolce Shine Eau de Parfum - it's a lovely burst of sweet and floral, but that's all it is, just a burst. The entire scent practically disappears after a few minutes. 

SHEET MASKS:

Spoiler
I forgot to include a sheet mask in the photo, but all the sheet masks I used this month, 15 total, were good. The top row are loves, masks that I will repurchase. The second row are all likes; a couple I would repurchase, all I'd be happy to use again.

MTD: 40 (of which 15 were sheet masks)

@itsfi Did you review the Moon Velvet and Korea? I don't recall seeing them but I have missed a lot of posts last month. 

@Samtian, I hear you. I also haven’t been on as much. I liked both these masks a lot. I think they could work for most in the winter; the Moon Velvet might be too heavy of a cream serum for when it’s really warm. Here are links with more detailed thoughts on them. I confess I initially picked them up for their packaging. 😊 

Facetory Moon Velvet -  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/6079655/highlight/tru...

Beaugreen Korea -  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/6062240/highlight/tru...

@itsfi Thank you!

@itsfi Great job on the empties!!

@Mellmars1185, thank you! Hoping to get through some more products this year. 

Some empties and declutters to start the year! I am going to try to count them this year (we’ll see how long that lasts, lol).

Heart = Love

Half-smiley face = Like/good and/or need more time to judge

The HUM Nutrition Collagen POP + Vitamin C Dissolvable Tablets is a love, although I’m still bitter they changed the Rose Lemon flavor, I’ve gotten used to this one. 
I got this body cream in China a few years ago, it’s really nicely jasmine scented and smooth.

The Clarins Total Eye Lift Firming & Smoothing Anti-Aging Eye Cream 0.5 oz / 15 mL is super creamy and feels great.

The warming eye masks are so nice and relaxing! 

This Glo moisturizer came in a New Beauty box. I’ve liked other items from this brand but this moisturizer pilled up every time, I tried with many other serums, etc and alone and it happened every time, so it’s gotta go. The TimeBalm was not a bad product, but is so old and was never actually a good color for me so not sure why I kept it for so long, lol. 

The others I might need more time to fully judge. 

CAACE510-68B1-4C25-8A36-3CA0D6088A72.jpeg

938F37BE-D281-498D-8C1E-9566D11A2EFB.jpeg

Full Size: 2

Masks: 1

Foils/Deluxes: 6

Declutters: 2

@sister13 What a great collections of empties 🙂

Thanks @QueenMarceline ! 

@sister13 Oh neat, the design of the jasmine body cream made me think it was a compact mirror! 😍 Great job on your empties and looks like you found a lot of loves! 

Yes, this has such a. NIce texture and delicate scent. I have said it before but I really miss travel shopping! @Guessgal 

@sister13, great work on your empties. Ooooh, those steam eye mask. Just seeing it makes me more relaxed. 😍 I think I'm going to reach for one to use right now. Ahhhh!

I think I’ll do one before bedtime tonight too! @itsfi 

@sister13  Great job!!! Those eye masks are such a great way to relax 

Agreed! I may be down to my last one! @ather 

@sister13  Oh noooooo. 

Love Love Love the warming eye masks @sister13 I keep a running tally by month in the notes section of my phone to keep count, hope counting works out for you!  

That’s a great idea! I am so glad for these empties threads. In the past I probably would have held on to this moisturizer for no good reason. Now I can give it to someone else who might like it while it’s still

new and almost new, only used a couple a times. It felt like a nice product so hopefully it might work for someone else. 

January should be clear out some lil "hanger ons" month. At least it is for me🤗. Top row loves-have or will purchase again. Middle likes- may or may not get fs but happy to use all my samples. 

0110221525.jpg

 18 total. 

8,134 Replies
testing