Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Thank you @sparklekai! That's the body souffle in rose. If you like rose, you should check it out! It's super moisturizing without any greasiness.

February EmptiesIMG_3899.JPG

Spoiler
Repurchases
-TonyMoly I'm Real Rice Mask Sheet
-Elisha Coy Refreshing Ampoule Solution Mask
-Elisha Coy Revitalizing Ampoule Solution Mask
-Frudia Pomegranate Nutri-Moisturizing Mask
-Hand Chemistry lotion
-Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Hand Cream
-Nyx Matte Finish Setting Spray
-Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel
-FAB Ultra Repair Cream (I use as hand lotion)
-Hylamide SubQ Eyes
-Boots Extracts Cocoa Butter lip balm

IMG_3901.jpg

Spoiler
Likes (I would repurchase)
-Skinfood Seaweed Marine Food Gel Mask
-By Wishtrend Hours-long Moisturizing Gauze Sheet Mask
-Tosowoong Pure Blueberry Mask
-A'Pieu Pure Milk One-Pack
-The Crème Shop Charcoal Almond Fusion Black Sheet Mask
-iM1NE I'm Sorry For My Skin Jelly Mask- Relaxing
-Acwell Rice Brightening Daanji Mask
-Yes to Carrots Vitamin Enriched Kale Mud Mask
-Cosrx AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner
-Belif The True Cream - Moisturizing Bomb
-I'm from Honey Mask (I've already repurchased)
-Alba Botanica Hawaiian Detox Towelettes
-Bioderma Sensiblo H2O
-Cerave Eye Repair Cream
-Atopam Intensive Moisturizing Cream
-SK-II R.N.A. Power Eye Cream
-Volition Detoxifying Silt Gelee Mask
-Botanic Farm Grain Ferment Cleansing Sherbet
-Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Gentle

IMG_3906.JPG

Spoiler
Just ok
-Erno Laszlo Firm & Lift Hydrogel Mask
-TonyMoly I'm Real Honey Mask Sheet
-Alba Botanica Hawaiian Detox Cleanser
-Yes to Coconut Ultra Hydrating Melting Cleanser
-Lancôme Genifique & Advanced Genifique
-It Cosmetics Confidence in a Cream (nice cream but I don't like the scent)
-Dior Micellar Water
-The Estee Edit 2-In-1 Makeup Remover + Cleanser (discontinued)
-Algenist Genius Ultimate Anti-Aging Cream

Nice job! @MoniDJ

Great February, @MoniDJ! I'm glad you enjoyed so many of your sheet masks.

great job on your empties and great job on the way you displayed your empties the presentation is perfect I think how you took the photos is a method  called flatlay photography  but I am not sure. at least that's what it looks like? I've been researching how to do that. I am not good with flat lays. I want to get better to try them on instagram. anyways great job all around !

Here's the rest of February! I'm hoping to "reverse-Rouge" this year and use up at least $1k of products, so this isn't too bad.

Spoiler

Will re/purchase all the loves, or have already... the GlamGlow and Shiseido will need to be on sale, but I'll pay full fare for everything else. Bought a full size of the Laura Mercier Bare Radiance before I had even finished the sample... one of my favorite SAs had been coaxing me into trying it for a while 😂

Likes: the Leaders brightening masks are good but the packaging has a bit too much waste for me to want to repurchase (this one has backing on both sides of the mask inside). Everything else was ok but not exciting enough to pay real money for. I really like the results of the Ole night gel but had set that bottle aside for a while because it pills up on me if I stack it with any non-Ole products.

No's: I like the regular MJ liners but the skinny ones dry out even faster! Mr. Big formula is nice but the wand is too annoying. I'm not the target market for lash primer so it didn't do anything except make my mascaras apply less evenly.

PhotoGrid_1519954814634.png

reverse rougeing was my initial goal too...somehow i'm already there? so apparently time for a new goal!

@sparklekai Hey that's great! Next for me will be reverse-Platinum (since I'm sure I'll make platinum at Ulta this year, if not diamond by the end of the year) so maybe something like that? Or reverse-Rouge every quarter if you're really near the end of a bunch of high-end stuff?

@fieldsofclover, reverse rouge is a great way to put it!  I like it!  Good job in February on emptying so many products!

Oh strange.  I wonder what’s making the ole pill on you.  I love their stuff and don’t ever have problems.  ...I tend to press skincare into my skin rather than rub it in so maybe that’s the only thing stopping it from pilling.  @fieldsofclover

@heartsmyfaceI think it's because I prefer oil-based emulsions or facial oils to water-based sleeping masks, so even if I take a lot of time between steps or there is another product in between, the chemistry just interferes somehow.

@fieldsofclover  That Ole product seems to pill up even WITH other Ole products. It pills with Truth Serum on me and Sheer Transformation (using them in tandem in different configurations is how I learned ST breaks me out horribly). And that one makes me sad because I like it / had better results with it more than any other peel or acid type product I've tried.  The only reason I've cheated on it is because of the pilling issue. 

👍🏼 for Kale @fieldsofclover

@Aaliaa 🥗🥗🥗😂

Feb empties!

LovesLoves

Spoiler

Spoiler
Ulta body wash: I did not like their "juice smoothie" line, but their regular stuff seems to be pretty much a dupe of basic BBW body wash. Would happily use more.

Caldrea Hand Lotion, Plum Nutmeg: heaven in a bottle. Sooo wish I had more.

Tigi S Factor Moisture Leave-In Spray: works well for lightweight moisture and detangling without weighing down my fine hair. Bought a backup after forgetting I had a bottle of a different detangler to try next, so I'm all set for a good long while

BBW Wild Honeysuckle Body Wash: Found this in the back of my stash while reorganizing, and it only had a little bit left. Love the scent, but I also see why I set it off to the side at one point...it could be come way tooo heavy/sweet floral after a few uses. Using here and there is a nice departure from my normal fruity/citrusy range though.

Tony Moly Foot Peel: This was my first foot peel, and I'm enamored! My feet are pretty tough though...it took 9 days for the peeling to start, and day 21 was about the first time I would have worn sandals again. I'd say it got about 75% of my calluses...the thickest ones are still there, but much thinner. I bought two since they were bogo50, so I'll be doing the second one soon and see how much more it gets off. Definitely interested in more of these or trying other brands.

Tarte Pack Your Bags eye patches: I'm not terribly experienced with patches of any sort...I think these were the first ones I've ever used. They felt great and my eyes seemed a little brighter/less puffy. Definitely open to more.

Body Shop Amazonian Acai Energizing Radiance Mask: this felt so good...it was nice and cool even without refrigeration. Left my skin soft and bright.

Capri Blue hand cream, Volcano: another heavenly scent. Tropical fruity/floral with a nice burst of citrus too keep it from being too sweet. While I'd love to bathe in this daily, I have too much other stuff on hand right now, but I am considering a candle or something in this scent.

Pacifica Kale Detox Face Wash: "Squeaky clean" without being dry and tight. I never thought I'd be picky about cleansers, but as I use more and more samples, I realize that there really is a difference. If I ever get tired of samples and want a steady daily cleanser, this will be high on the purchase list.

Grace Cole Grapefruit, Lime & Mint bath soak: I don't have a tub, but used this as a foot soak while doing my foot peel. Smells so incredible! I don't like her lotion formula, but would totally buy more of this in bw or soak format if I ever needed something.

OH Truth Serum: staple in my morning skincare routine. Have multiple samples already in place.

Orland Pita Play Ampli-Tint Color Depositing Hair Mask: this stuff is fun! I have medium to darkish brown hair naturally, and using this strictly as a conditioner in the shower, I got a pretty nice red tone after 3 uses. If I had done it as directed and used it as mask for longer than the 5 or so minutes I left it in, it probably would have been even deeper in color with just one use. After playing with it that way, I dyed my hair red with my usual temp dye (Natural Instincts), and then used this as my conditioner after each wash. Normally the dye lasts maaayyybe a month on it's own, but I'm still sporting red hair over two months later. Noticeably red, as in now I have brown roots and have never had to deal with that before lol. I have another tube of this in the cabinet so I can play with red again maybe in the fall 😄

LikesLikes

Spoiler
Candles: I think the first is a Glade and the second is an AirWick, and then the Yankee. All fine, nothing special. I used to love Yankee, but find more and more that they just don't burn well. There's probably 30% of the wax still left in the jar. Meh.

Indie Hair Dry Shampoo: I got a sample of this and loved it so much that I bought several full size. The scent is very nostalgic for me, though I can't put my finger on exactly what it is trying to remind me of. Something from my teens, and it's a very happy scent for me...wish I could figure it out what it is. But after getting through a couple of full sizes, I've decided it's not my HG after all lol. Works decently, but nothing spectacular. Ulta has stopped carrying it anyways, so I can't buy more without hunting it, even if I wanted to.

Redken Pillow Proof dry shampoo: works a little better than Indie, but very perfumey. Not my fave scent. Will use more samples if I get them, but not sure I'd invest real money in it.

Eucerin Intensive Repair foot lotion: it does the job, and have a couple more around here from my drugstore-couponing days. I have others I prefer, but this is squarely in the "perfectly fine" column.

The One by Frederick Fekkai Universal conditioner: Finished off the matching shampoo a while back, and somehow forgot about the conditioner. It worked well for me, which can be tricky for fine, thinning hair. I wouldn't buy again (I was actually curious enough about the brand to buy a travel set, since I've never come across a sample), but mainly because I just haven't allowed myself to think that $28 is an ok price for an 8oz bottle of shampoo or conditioner yet.

Delectable Coconut & Cream body lotion: smells heavenly! A little on the thin side though...even topping it off with body oil left me feeling a bit dry after 12ish hours. Might have been better off trying this one in the humid summer instead of during the dry winter. 

dpHUE ACV Detangling Spray: does the job very well. That smell though...

Shiseido Benefiance WrinkeResist24 eye cream: I like it fine. I'm prone to milia and breakouts in the eye/temple region, and this caused neither. I haven't noticed any reduction in lines or anything like that, but I feel soft and moisturized without being greasy or sticky, which makes this a solid choice for me. I have more samples, but will continue rotating though others as well.

Noxzema cleanser: I got an old-school wild hair to buy this probably 3 years ago. It was fun to use every now and again for nostalgia's sake, but it languished at the back of my stash for the most part. I used roughly 75% of it, but found it had turned when I pulled it out a couple of weeks ago.

Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask: I feel like a heretic after reading so many glowing reviews, but this was squarely "ok" for me. I also had a breakout while I was alternating between this and another mask for a few days. I kinda think the culprit was the other one, but I'm still giving this the side-eye just in case. Would need more samples before considering a purchase.

Origins GinZing Gel Moisturizer: liked it pretty well. Lightweight moisture, didn't clog me up any worse than anything else. Would use more samples, but not in a rush to buy.

Burts Bees/SoftLips/Tarte balms: all perfectly fine. The Tarte formula was a bit soft, and would melt in my pocket, making it less than stellar for toting around on a day of errands, but no real issues with any of these. Have more BB and SL already in my stash to use up.

Philosophy Miracle Worker Miraculous Anti-Aging Retinoid Eye Repair: the texture is somewhere between solid bacon grease and diaper rash ointment, which took me a bit to get used to. Kinda slimy/oily, but it sank in well and felt nice. I didn't see any miracles though. Would use more samples, but wouldn't buy.

UD eyeshadows: already a staple for me lol. I'm not falling all over myself to buy these particular shades, but I have similar ones in the myriad of palettes I already own.

More likesMore likes

Spoiler
I'm relatively new to sheet masks, and don't have much feeling either way towards any of these. Didn't hate them, but I can also imagine living sheet-mask-free and being perfectly happy too. Nothing stood out as "omg I need more".

Nope nope nopeNope nope nope

Spoiler
Shower pouf: this was one of the 5/$5 poufs from Ulta before Xmas. I swear I bought some last year and they weren't bad, but maybe I bought something else. These are way too small for my taste, and way too soft. At least I'll be motivated to swap them out more frequently than I normally do lol

Glade candle: the single worst burning candle I have ever had. The wicks were way too weak, and would burn themselves down to next to nothing. I couldn't get more than one to stay lit at a time. Smells so good though...I think I may buy some wicks and melt down the leftovers into something else.

Origins United State Balancing Tonic: alcohol 😞 I grew up on alcohol-based toners and while I haven't used one in years now, I still remember them fondly for some reason lol. This pretty much killed all fondness for them...I have successfully controlled my oil for a year now, and poof, like magic, I was an oil slick a couple of days after starting this.

Laneige lip mask: I tried valiantly to like this, but it's not for me. Using it at night in place of Clarins Lip Oil, my lips started peeling pretty badly again within a couple of days. Using it in place of my usual balms during the day, and I started to feel like my lips were lightly burning. Not like an allergic reaction, and not terribly painful...but they just felt chapped and dry, kinda like mild rug burn (or I guess wind burn would be the more appropriate term) on my lips. Destashing this after two weeks of trial.

UD Go Naked perfume oil: way too floral to be called beachy IMHO, and way too floral for my taste.

Catherine Malandrino: too floral/powdery for me

m-61 Vitablast A&C Eye: destashing as it had turned

Hempz Blushing Grapefruit & Raspberry Creme Color Preserving Shampoo: smelled nice, and worked well the first few uses, but after a few washes, it felt like it was weighing down my hair/wasn't cleaning well. I had to up my usage of my clarifying shampoo, which I was trying to avoid while I had my hair dyed. Meh.  

Wow thats a great set of empties @RGbrown!

You did an amazing job @RGbrown

Awesome set of empties, @RGbrown! Thanks for your reviews!

@RGbrown  I love when these posts come with mini reviews.  I am filing away the Tony Moly foot peel info.  I have a Patchology, the original Babyfoot and one other with a panda on the package on deck.  I'm kind of excited to see how they compare.

I am hoping I like the watermelon mask sample I have.  I understand feeling like a heretic when cult products don't go my way.  I have seen a mini set of the blueberry cleanser and the mask if you don't want to commit to a full size.  I completely understand side-eyeing it.

And regarding your sheet mask comment, I can fully admit that I like the collection aspect and the packaging of sheet masks more than I like using them.  They're my pokemon cards at this point.

@tinobiscuits

I giggled at Pokemon cards 😄

My sis asked me if I had ever seen a sample of the Watermelon Glow not more than a few days after I had finished it off. I was all "um, well, yes but...if only I had known!"

@heartsmyface I was afraid of that...hate the price point on Babyfoot, but I guess sometimes a higher price does equal better 😕

Baby-foot is by far the best in my books.  The others don’t deliver the same depth of peel.  @tinobiscuits

8,134 Replies
testing