Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

The Mini Mascara Bar™ experiment is officially over for 2018! A good time was had by all, but I'll be sticking with Clinique High Impact for the rest of the year.

I really like Leaders masks but the hydrogel ones just have too much packaging for my taste. The L'Occitane was, like, self-consciously almond-scented... not strong per se, almost like it was trying way too hard. I like their shea butter hand creams, but I need a cool-kid almond scent, not one that's insecure about itself 😂

PhotoGrid_1523591228612.png

Just curious @fieldsofclover, why you didn't like the shock?

Just curious @fieldsofclover, why you didn't like the shock?

Re: Just curious @fieldsofclover, why you didn't like the shock?

@sonnydee It had the type of brush I like, and I like moussy mascaras, but I could never get an even coat out of it. I'm open to it just being a dud sample but I found myself not wanting to use it.

Congratulations on completing your mini bar, @fieldsofclover!  I'm glad you liked the Clinique High Impact!

RIP Mini Mascara Bar - you will be missed! @fieldsofclover

RE: Empties

Another round of empties! This time with a few purges Items always repurchased: Kiehl's creme de corps Dolly wink long mascara Hada Labo lotion in light B&B thickening creme Armani luminous silk

L'Oreal Brow Stylist Definer - Great economical eyebrow pencil.  This is my 2nd empty and I already have a backup ready to use once I start getting bored and/or it starts getting too warm/hot to use an eyeshadow (part of my pan project) that I'm currently using to fill in my brows.  Will definitely repurchase.

IMG_5796.JPG

Quarterly empties! All my trash from Jan/Feb/Mar, Funny story, a while back we renovated our bathroom which resulted in extra storage space. All that extra space allows me to use the space below my bathroom cabinet as my empties space. I've got an old Sephora bag that just collects trash. I'm a perfectionist and keep everything clean... so it was a bit of a surprise when someone opened that cabinet and saw the bag of trash. The response was: "Why would YOU do this? Is this were you keep your shame?" 

Products I loved and will repurchase: 

IMG_0813.JPG

Products I'm 'so-so' on, don't have any strong feelings either way:

IMG_0814.JPG

Nope, no thank you:

IMG_0815.JPG

I am trying to keep track of all the makeup I have used up. This is all of the makeup combined: 

IMG_0817.JPG

All the trash, in all it's disgusting glory! 😄

IMG_0816.JPG

I have the Monoi shampoo and conditioner and the twist dispensers stopped working after a few weeks. Now they just sit in my shower because I'm too lazy to see if the whole lid comes off LOL. Did yours do that?

RE: Re: Empties

I love the idea of organizing your empties! What a great way to help you remember your preferences especially with trial sizes. I definitely forget and have to keep a running list in my journal!

I'm a huge fan of Elta MD! I use their cleanser, AM moisturizer, and sunscreen Just discovered Drunk Elephant and want to give their products a try, but they're so pricey. 

Its not disgusting, it’s satisfying!  @dziggi

Great job, @dziggi!  I'm glad you love all of your Drunk Elephant products!

Hahaha no shame, @dziggi! Welcome to the Trash Society™!

Awww @fieldsofclover I have to tell my daughter your using it she would be so proud!😊

March results. Overall I’m pretty happy with empties amount. My goal is to use all deluxe samples this year and stop torturing my skin with many different products. I’m planning to use next year only things I really love. Sounds boring:))My loves.My loves.

Likes. Was happy to use, but not planning to purchase again.Likes. Was happy to use, but not planning to purchase again.

Kinda meh. Nothing special. By Terry is interesting brand. Some things are so awesome, and some just mehKinda meh. Nothing special. By Terry is interesting brand. Some things are so awesome, and some just meh

Hate it. Bite lipgloss is so sticky and dense like glue.Hate it. Bite lipgloss is so sticky and dense like glue.

Haha, that’s quite the goal!  (I have a secret shameful mountain of deluxe samples under the bathroom sink that I know I can’t get through but I’m trying) I have managed to get my foil samples down to ONE muji drawer full!  *patting myself on the back:) @Sansara

@Sansara, This is me this year too.  I try to clean up DS as much as i can and give away whatever i dont think i will use.  The good (and also bad) thing is you find some good products along the way 😉  I just finished couple similar DS 😉 SpaceNK has the best GWP 🙂

@blackkitty2014  i’ve Reached the point where I feel ashamed to have more products to give away to people.  I get the side eye from most everyone now when I try to unload makeup on them:/ I may have to take a trip to a care home and give the ladies there some fun treasures.  

Those GWP are killing me!

@Sansara boring sounds smart to me! i'm trying to do this myself - if something is working for me why do i always feel the there must be something better urge?!

8,134 Replies
testing