Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

I love how the Wave Spray smells!  I swear, I want that scent in a perfume, a bodywash, a room fragrance plug-in, a candle...

@Shelbstirr Nirvana is so cute! Cats are so curious, they have to check everything out and will try to fit in any bag/boxes/luggage...I glad that you enjoyed your empties! 

@Shelbstirr,

I love your photo assistant!  That's a hoot!  🙂

Haha that’s too cute @Shelbstirr! Double checking to make sure you got them all!

My latest batch of trash 😃IMG_20180701_145105317.jpg

Love the BBW candle and body wash, Burts Bees balm, and DDG peel pads.

A surprising like was the Biobelle Decadence sheet mask. I'm not normally a fan of sheet masks in general, but this one is so thin, it's almost like it's not there. It stayed in place well and didn't move or bunch up around my mouth or cheeks like many do. And the hydration was spectacular. I'm actually contemplating a few more 😯

Yes to Tomatoes Charcoal Mud Mask: these were starting to dry out in the packet, so it wasn't a fair test. I liked them pretty well, but having to rehydrate them was a bit obnoxious, and I don't know how or if that affected the final product. I have one left that still feels normal, so I'll give it a shot at some point soon. Don't stockpile these though.. the packets are way too big for the tiny amount of product, and they will dry up.

The rest are all "not for me":

Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion burns my eyes like the DEVIL. Living in the hot and humid South means sweat can happen at any second, so this is a con I can't work around very well.

Smashbox BB Cream: a bit heavy for me, and sinks in my pores pretty noticeably. I could probably fix that with a primer, but I'm not interested in yet another layer on my face.

PUR Cease Crease eyeshadow primer: literally the worst product I've ever tried. I gave it four tries even though I hated it after the first use, but I could never make it work. It's almost got a gummy texture; it's thin, but it also wants to cling to itself, like spreading glue...now that I say it that way, it almost sounds like a good concept, but the execution didn't work. It pilled up and streaked if you spread it too much, but left white splotches if you didn't spread it enough, and it never ever stopped creasing even a tiny bit.

Sexy Hair Moisturizing Conditioner: not quite enough moisture for me, and next to no detangling properties.

BlowPro Dry Shampoo: Ulta must have had a stellar deal on this at one point because I have several more cans. It's ok at best; does a decent job, but fairly heavy on the powder, and the scent is a little too sweet/perfumey for me. Will finish what I have but won't buy again.

Sexy Hair Strengthening Conditioner: I've come to realize my hair does better with moisture products, not strengthening products. This didn't help detangle at all either, leaving me with a comb full of hair no matter how gently I washed, conditioned, and combed out afterwards.

@RGbrown But does the sheet mask smell as decadent as it looks?

@CookieGirl1 sadly, no, it just had a light, fresh scent. It smelled good...just nothing like what you would hope for from chocolate and berries lol.

@RGbrown, thanks for sharing your thoughts!  That's good to know about the Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion.  I have the cream and it works better.  My problem with that one is that it's impossible to get off.

Weekly empties:

Would repurchaseWould repurchaseWould not repurchaseWould not repurchase

I didn’t particularly dislike any of the empties... just wouldn’t repurchase some of them. The DE eye cream was fine but didn’t wow me - especially for the price. The Pacifica sheet mask had a nice serum but the mask was shaped oddly. 

@scott1201 Love the masks!! My trash pile has definitely been taken over masks too! 👍

I’ve had that DE C-Tango in and out of cart for awhile now... at that price I’d want the product to “wow” me a little too. 😉

@scott1201 I ordered the C Tango Friday! I just hope I’ll have that WOW feeling with it 🤞🏼

Hope it works for you, @keana1! Nothing bad happened (Millia, breakouts, etc) but, like most eye creams, I just found myself thinking “hmm did this do anything?”

@scott1201 I guess I’ll give it a trial period and I won’t throw away the receipt in case I have to return it ! I have a very small sample of it and used it 3 times and I didn’t have a bad reaction so I’ll see what happens ! 🧐

JUNE EMPTIES

++

Spoiler
+'s
Alpha H Liquid Gold - a good exfoliator, if it was easier to obtain in Canada I'd probably repurchase, but for now I'm just sticking to REN Ready, Steady Glow

Beuti Skincare Beauty Sleep Elixir - this is a fantastic facial oil; lots of great ingredients, absorbs well, gives good glow - definite repurchase

May Lindstrom Jasmine Garden - this is a sensorial treat that I think is overpriced so I don't repurchase regularly, but pick up occasionally and very much enjoy

Dry Bar Triple Sec - my favourite dry shampoo; it smells great, absorbs oil but doesn't dry out my ends

When Prep mask - this is fantastic for prepping the skin before event makeup; it plumps you up and helps everything glide on a bit better

Garnier Fructis Papaya Hair mask - surprise hit from the drugstore, I use this as an overnight mask occasionally when my hair is really thirsty

Odacite Jo+L - a regular repurchase

Mahalo Winter Grace toner - such a gorgeous toner, I wish they would add it to the permanent line. It's hydrating, smells beautiful and isn't too astringent.

Clarisonic Pedi disc - a regular repurchase

Le Metier de Beauté Ultra Hydration Eye mask - a really good eye mask, hydrating but not greasy

Skin Republic Collagen Serum mask - one of my favourite masks from Skin Republic; it firms and plumps the skin so well

/'s/'s

Spoiler
/'s
Le Metier de Beauté Mascara - dried out really quickly and the brush was terribly stiff

Rouge Bunny Rouge Diaphanous Loose Powder - not the best powder I've tried, I wouldn't repurchase, left too much white cast

Blithe Tundra Chaga Pressed Serum - this is ok, but I prefer the thinner texture of the Velvet Yam version

Good Day Hair Shop Boy Tears Hair Mask - hair mask from my salon, I really only find it worthwhile when they tint it for colour upkeep, otherwise it's just meh as a moisture mask

Dove Go Fresh Body Wash - I'm not really a body wash girl but this one was nice and didn't dry me out

Quo Polish Remover - it's nail polish remover, nothing groundbreaking

Alpha H Vitamin E - ok, but didn't really notice much of a difference so I wouldn't repurchase

Stila Stay All Day mascara - did not like how little this defined lashes

Buxom Lash mascara - was dried out, too natural looking

Clinique Bottom Lash mascara - I like this but not enough to repurchase

Clinique Waterproof Impact mascara - was just ok, not my favourite mascara

Lancome Monsieur Big mascara - this was actually good but the sample tube dried out so fast (3 days) I don't think I'd want to purchase a FS

Lancome Hypnose Drama mascara - I love the brush shape but not the formula

Too Faced Better Than Sex Waterproof mascara - I found this smeared on my lower lash line too much

Tony Moly Rice, Red Wine, Makegeoli sheet masks - I don't like TM masks much at all but I found an assorted pack under my sink so I'm trying to get through them. They aren't terrible but they don't fit well and are too sloppy

Zoo Park sheet mask - this did nothing other than terrify my spouse when he walked in on me while wearing it

Fruits & Passion Cucumber mask - wouldn't repurchase, too small

The Face Shop Blueberry mask - ok, smell was a bit nauseating

-'s-'s

Spoiler
-'s
Jane Scrivner Intense Oil - did not enjoy this at all; it was too thick and didn't absorb, it just sat like a film on my skin

Biossance Squalane & Phyto Retinol - this STINKS so bad like nasturtiums and I didn't find it to give me any results comparable to a traditional retinol

Farmacy Honey Savior - this was a very thick, gloppy salve that felt like it never absorbed. I disliked this so much I ended up only using it on my feet because anywhere else it felt too sticky

Caolion Duo Pore Pack - this didn't work well for me at all, every time I used it I ended up with whiteheads afterwards

@Mochapj Love all of your reviews--they're actually really helpful!  I'm sorry about your Monsieur Big mini, though because I've gone through a couple of minis (which prompted me to actually buy a full size) and mine have actually lasted forever!  Maybe you got a dud :(.

Thanks @CookieGirl1 that's good to know! Maybe I will have to give the FS a try 😉

RE: Re: Empties

@Mochapj So many empties! I just like your mini reviews of some of the different products you used so I can decide whether or not to purchase them! Have a great Canada Day 🇨🇦 my fellow Canuck !

Re: RE: Re: Empties

Thanks @keana1 happy Canada day!

RE: Empties

I really need this list to get bigger then it is for the amount of stuff I have! But I’ve used it my Killing star Cleanser from Chica y Chico, which was nice, but not something I think I’d purchase again. It made the claim to leave the skin still feeling moisturized annnndddd that was no where near true! I wasn’t horribly try, but there was some tightness there. Next up, EL Double Wear. I love this foundation, I have a few others that I love a littttttllleeee more now so I think it’ll be awhile until I rebuy. Last but not least, Tarte Tarteist mascara! Ranks in my top 5 mascaras, but I have so many I won’t be repurchasing any time soon! I did take the wand out, clean it, and keep it with my makeup remover so I can take off waterproof mascara easier now!

Loves/likes

Spoiler
Macadamia Professionals Weightless Moisture Shampoo & Conditioner- I've been using these for a long time but the conditioner was reformulated so I'm on the hunt for something new.
Peter Thomas Roth 24K Mask- I wake up to such smooth plump skin after I use this.
The Ordinary Arbutin- This works for keeping skin bright and helps fade spots. I repurchased it but after that I'm not sure because it's not easy to come by and the CEO seems to be going cuckoo. I'm kinda bummed about that because this is the first serum I've been able to use in the a.m. It absorbs very quickly and doesn't break me out.
Too Cool For School Milky Body Scrub- I liked this but it's not scrubby enough. I just have other scrubs that I like more. It made my skin feel really soft though.
MUFE Hydrating Primer- This is good for dry skin, but I like others better.

IMG_0608.JPG

Nopes

Spoiler
Josie Maran Argan Sugar Scrub- This leaves a coating of something on my skin that I can feel under my clothes all day. I would try to wash it off with body wash after using it and I swear my loofah would get greasy.
Estee Edit 2-in-1 Makeup Remover- This stuff would blur my vision for a good 20 minutes.
Bath & Body Works Juicy Pink Dragonfruit Body Spray- The scent was just ok, but the lasting power was awful.
L'Oreal Total Repair 5 Conditioner- just did nothing for my hair (it's fine and straight)
Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Jelly Sheet Mask- At first, I was just underwelmed by this mask. I woke up with little red spots on my face, like a very superficial breakout where I don't normally breakout. As days went by though, the breakout got really bad and took forever to heal.

IMG_0610.JPG

@suzyo, Great empties! This isn't particular to the Josie Maran scrub but I just don't love any body scrubs.  They make such a mess and if you're showering when you use them, they make the shower floor slippery.

8,140 Replies
testing