Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Wow! You have done an amazing job @RGbrown !

@Saradestin 

Thanks so much! 

Cross-posting some of my belated August empties from the Empties - V2 thread 🙂 Overall August was a decent month, I'm making a lot of progress in items I've been meaning to get through. It's also helped that I am really trying to stick to using up one item per category in order to get rid of the stash of multiples of things I have opened. Baby steps but one day I'll have a semi-organized bathroom. 🤣

Key:

❤️Red HeartI've used this product for a long time now. It's one of my tried/trues, I'll continue to buy it.

💛Yellow/Orange HeartI've used this product for a long time now, I like it enough to continue repurchasing.

💝Ribbon Wrapped Pink HeartA relatively new product I've been trying but I'm liking it a lot so far.

🖤Black Heart: A loved but discontinued product. 

👩Shrugging Girl EmojiI haven't used this product enough to formulate a strong opinion about it. (It's "okay")

👍Thumbs UpI'm liking this this product. Nothing revolutionary, but I like it enough to try it again/maybe repurchase.

👎Thumbs Down= I'm not liking this product and I won't be repurchasing. 

IMG-0944.JPGIMG-0945.JPGIMG-0946.JPGIMG-0947.JPGIMG-0948.JPG

@QueenMarceline   So many empties!! I get a good feeling finishing products.  The sheet masks from The Crème Shop are favorites of mine.

@QueenMarceline wow, way to use stuff up!  You have a hefty amount of full-size empties there.

@QueenMarceline  The Skyn eye masks are my fav 

Here are August empties.  Not many.  Covid zapped me good. 

0D06660E-4A5B-4E47-B3E5-DA6F0948AC25.jpeg

 The foils are good.  The facial mask was so good!! Enjoy the rose hand soap along with the lavender last month.  The sample from PMG LABS of her new essence was actually very good.  But very pricey for me now.  The other skin products Peach and Lily, Innisfree, worked out good.  But the Perricone MD did nothing for me.  The tarte hydrcealer and UD eyeshadow primer are declutter.  The concealer is a year old and changed texture and I finished the primer.

@Cissy63  Hope your feeling better! You still did an awesome job!

Thank you @ather 😀.  Getting better every day!

@Cissy63 Looks like you had both some hits and misses from this pile. One of my favorite parts of sifting through empties is really evaluating how I feel about a product I went through. 🙂 Thank you for sharing your stash.

Thanks @QueenMarceline 😀.  

Here are empties from July.  Late entry unfortunately Covid got in my way!

CB716FBD-9B41-4BB0-8C44-198F0D071273.jpeg

 These were all very good.  All of the masks face and eye masks.  I love the Wander eye masks.  The face masks were good.  Loved the dog mask!!  The foil samples were fine but nothing that I have to run and buy.  

68CC3DC8-6AD4-4DF4-A608-533554E87AEE.jpeg

 These are the best!!  I repurchased the Bum Bum cream, the Wander mascara, Korres body cream and the facial mask.  I really enjoy the lavender hand soap too.  I wish Avon still sold that foot cream,  it was so good on my son’s dry feet.   Kerastase products worked well, but I have a lot of Olaplex to finish first. 

430B445D-729C-44FF-84A9-F2F880FE2BBE.jpeg

 These were decluttered.  

@Cissy63 you managed to get through a lot!  I keep wanting to try out that specific Kerastase line myself.

@CookieGirl1   The sample kit from Keratase was enough for 2 decent shampoos and conditioning.  I liked it but it wasn’t so different from the Olaplex that I have been using.  

@Cissy63  Wow awesome job!! You did so good! 

@ather  Thank you 💕

@Cissy63 Great job on all those empties and declutters. I absolutely adore the bum bum cream and I'm sure it'll make it's way to my empties sometime very soon. 🙂

Thanks @QueenMarceline 😀. That cream smells heavenly 💕

@Cissy63 Seriously, one of the best of the best ❤️

Latest batch, YTD 314

IMG_20220904_115613449.jpg

Spoiler
Hempz Salted Toffee Hand & Foot Cream: just ok to me, I prefer a much thicker cream for my feet, but this still does a pretty decent job of keeping my feet soft. 

Redken Deep Clean Dry Shampoo: still my absolute favorite. Scary white right out of the can, but it shakes out so freaking easily, leaving no white cast, and my hair is soft and shiny. It leaves no product feel at all and never builds up on my scalp. It's pricey, but I stock up when JCP has it for $10!

ThisWorks Deep Sleep Pillow Spray: I dislike most lavender stuff, but the scent of this is just phenomenal. I do get nose blind to it from time to time, so I have to stop using it for a while and then come back to it, but I have more and am looking forward to pulling it out again in a month or two.

Glisten & Glow top coat: all time HG. Super quick drying, shiny, no shrink. I'm gonna test the KB Shimmer topcoat soon as the formulas look very similar, but I will always adore this one as my first love.

Clinique Deep Comfort Body Butter: if the full size didn't come in a tub, I'd have bought one by now. This is incredibly thick and rich, super moisturizing. No added fragrance (though shea butter is very high on the list, so it does have a scent). 

Bumble Pret-a-Powder Dry Shampoo: these tiny cans make it so hard to get a full grasp on how well this works for me. I used to think I loved it, but I can't tell anymore, frankly. It's ok, I don't hate it, but Redken is better for me, that much I do know.

Dionis Lip Balm (peppermint): perfectly lovely basic balm for daily use. Decent enough moisture with fun scents that are well crafted and not overly artificial or over the top. Have more and will continue to buy.

Versace Bright Crystal: a nice combo of fresh and fruity, I've been using this as my pillow scent of late (I also like it as an actual perfume, but I rarely remember to wear perfume, so I gotta use these samples somehow lol).

Peach & Lily Glass Skin Water Gel Moisturizer: good moisture, lightweight consistency, no fragrance, and free of some ingredients I've been trying to avoid. I've got a larger bottle in use right now, and I'm really liking it...could see myself buying it again in the future.

Pyunkang Yul Essence Toner: really nice extra layer of moisture that soaks in well and has no scent. I've got plenty of other essences in my stash, but I'd consider this in the future.

Indie Lee Brightening Cleanser: I see folks say this smells awesome, but I didn't like it?! I smell the strawberry, which is nice, but my nose also picked up a really strong chemically undertone that disagreed with me. Otherwise, it was a perfectly fine cleanser.

IMG_20220904_115742079.jpg

Spoiler
Aldi Citron & Cilantro candle: way too one note...all I caught was cilantro, which I like, but which also got old quickly. Burned well, great throw, just not my fave scent.

Bumble Bond Building shampoo & conditioner: I came close to blind buying this over the summer when Ulta had it on sale, and I kinda wish I had now after finally getting a sample. One use is impossible to get a read on how well it'll work for me long term, but I liked it enough that I'd be willing to give it a longer test. Good moisture, and my frizz wasn't too bad after use. 

Ulta Whim Shower Steamer (Breathe): some sort of menthol or eucalyptus scent but it had absolutely zero throw, and I could barely smell it unless I stuck my nose right in it. I'm also realizing that I must have thrown out the package for the other one I tried after this one, Unwind...it smelled good (honestly not sure what the scent was though...?), decent enough throw. I'd get this one again.

Holika Holika Strawberry sheet mask: almost no scent, good moisture, overall I'm pleased with this one and might be tempted to grab another box if I see them at TJM again.

Ulta Banana sheet mask: a little thicker material than I tend to like, but it's got nice moisture, the fit isn't terrible, and it's a decent filler when I need to add a few bucks to my total, so I've accumulated quite a few of these that I'll be more than happy to use up.

Give Them Lala Stay Calm Soothing sheet mask: no scent, good moisture. These came in a sub box and are pretty abundant on eBay and the like for pretty cheap...it's another one I'm halfway tempted to grab more of 🤔

@RGbrown   Oh I also like the Ulta Banana sheet masks 🍌🍌!,  You finished a good number of products 🌺

8,134 Replies
testing