Empties

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

I have empties!  I've been saving them for months!  Everything is laid out on a t-shirt because my coffee table's glass.  Please ignore the ghetto-ness.  Let me know if you are curious about anything.  The Smashbox and Benefit foundations are just old hence the trashing.  

IMG_5294.JPG

Spoiler
Wipes - Ole Henricksen Grease Relief & Nurture Me, Clean & Clear nighttime, CVS exfoliating (HATED IT) Burt's Bees Grapefruit.  Benefit Rockateur, L'Oreal Youth Code (there was a sale...), konjac sponge, L'Occitane shower oil, Cover FX mattifying primer, FAB red clay deep clean cleanser (love, repurchased), FAB radiance pads, UD Naked Skin (in 5.0), UD De-Slick, Caudalie Beauty water (LOVE!  Thanks Jemly!), UD Primer Potion, W&W liquid liner, Benefit Gimme Brow, Korres sleeping facial, Smashbox HD foundation, Benefit Hello Flawless, Briogeo curl charisma, Dior Creme de Rose (not finished but it feel on the sidewalk in NYC.  It's dead to me.), Victoria's Secret mascara, Clinique airbrush concealer.  Foils - Kate Sommerville moisturizer & Hydra-clear gel, Philosophy time in a bottle for eyes, Murad Hydro-Dynamic moisture cream, Lancome Geniefque, Fresh rose eye cream.  WHEW! 

"It feel on the sidewalk in NYC. It's dead to me." This made me laugh out loud. Thanks!

Glad I made you laugh!  I thought about trying to clean it for a second but then I imagined kissing the sidewalk.  No thank you.

Agree, not worth it.

My Rockateur is almost finished up as well.  I've been trying to make it last through the spring and then pick up a new one in the summer.

I finally just gave up on it.  There's still some left in the box but it took so long to build up on my face that I just got a new one.  It smells so good!!

IMG_20150106_165906.jpg

The stuff on the BTS mascara is tape residue, sorry.

I finally made it through a face base (Big Easy)..... Wow. I can't believe it. I actually... ACTUALLY finished a big product like that. Hahaha. Won't be buying it again. There's not a lot of shades out there and this one would make my face look pink.  

As much as I love the YSL touche eclat, I don't think I'll be buying it this year because it's pretty expensive and I'm trying to not buy any makeup anymore. What I love about it though is that I didn't have to wear foundation, I just used this and my face looked flawless... okay I might buy it if I see a discount somewhere? Hahaha.

Definitely buying the Laura Mercier polish once I'm done with all the scrubs I have  at the moment. 

As far as the mascaras. love them all. But I still have too many right now... soooooo.. yes. 

I also love the Benefit Fake up but it costs too much and if it's anything like this little sample, good luck making it last more than a month. Hahaha. 

I want to say that my full size Fake-up lasted at least a good 6 months of regular (4+ times per week) use. It's possible that I have an exceptionally light hand compared to others, but I thought the full size had a respectable amount of product. 

since i had the sample, i dont know exactly how much the real one has, but this one doesn't have a lot and i am not heavy handed with them 

Yes, I just wanted to reassure you of the size in case you might want to purchase in the future since you liked it. 

maybe .. i did find a very good concealer its from hard candy and it has great coverage!~ 

I've noticed you using that in the WAYWT thread. You have me intrigued. I'm not sure if I can get over my Walmart hatred enough to go check it out, but I am intrigued. 

It's 6 bucks and they don't test on animals.. hard candy is the only thing i buy from wal mart unless i'm in desperate need of some groceries, since that one is the closest thing we have here to buying food and well. sometimes produce is cheaper there! :s I got it in a shade way too light cause ic ouldn't find the one before that but it doesn't look bad, i just look more awake! lol :smileyvery-happy: serioiusly though, it doesn't crease on me or anything, it's fantastic and you get .71 oz

Hmm. Perhaps I will venture into the wild when I am in need of a new concealer. 

This reminds me that I need to try that face polish!  I'm excited about that one.

(0) Hearts

that one made my skin feel softer and look way better, i need to buy it soon because it is amazing <3 

(0) Hearts

So many mascaras!  I think I've finished 2 in my life.  I must be doing something wrong!!

(0) Hearts

hehehehhe im just a mascara junkie! i can't help myself. 

[ Edited ]

November/December Empties (minus vacation items)

Empties November December 2014.jpg

Spoiler

Loved

Soft Soap Coconut and Warm Ginger soap- I love everything about it, but my favorite thing is it does not make a huge mess when my kids drip it all over the sink.  The smell is subtle, too.

Julep Nail Masks- These really soften my cuticles.  It is too bad the effects do not last long, but I love them for the temporary effect.

Lush Bath Sample- I have no idea what it was, because it did not have a product card, but I loved it enough to want to start an exploration on the brand.

Julep Foot Mask- Like the hand masks, I love the way these work.  The effects are temporary but great while they last.

YSL Touche Eclat Foundation- I have loved every foundation I've tried lately, so I would be happy with any of them.

Lancome BiFacial- I love the way it feels and it removes everything nicely.

Lancome Bienfait UV 50- My favorite facial sunblock ever.  It applies thin and matte.  My skin never burns when I am wearing this.  It expired before I could use it all, but I will repurchase as soon as I use all of the facial samples I've accumulated.  (I hate when samples keep me from buying my HG items)!

Pacifica Tuscan Blood Orange Hand Cream- Feels and smells great.  LOVE!

H2o+ Hand Cream- Feels great and I like the smell.  (Have so many of these on hand at all times).

Glamglow Bright Eyes- This makes my eyes look so bright.  I love this stuff and my normal skincare routine is having me use this less and less.  I will keep repurchasing this though for when I need it.

Tarte Blush Dollface- I love the Tarte clay blushes and this color is very pretty.  Will purchase the full size at some point.

CoverFX Concealer- The color is slightly off, but this is a fantastic concealer.  It was my first experience with the brand.

Liked

Generic sponge (unknown brand)- Bought for my husband when he refused to let me buy him a replacement body brush for my Clarisonic.  He said he would rather use a loofa.  When I bought it, he told me his expression was hypothetical.  I used it on days I did not use my Clarisonic.  It worked fine.

Bath and Body Works Cucumber Melon Body Cream- I like everything about it but the scent.  I would be open to using other scents, but I hope people stop buying me this one.

Up and Up Nail Polish Remover- Nothing special or horrible.  It removes the polish and is a great price.

Sephora Rose Sheet Mask- I liked it.  I did not put anything on after it and my face, which is usually dry felt decent until the next wash.  I did not really notice any other effects though, so I am not in a hurry to rush out and buy more.

H2o+ Shampoo- Smells nice and lathers well, but it does not do a whole lot for my frizzy, stringy hair.

H2o+ Conditioner- Smells nice and conditions decently well, but it does not do a whole lot for my hair.

Tresemme Shampoo- Cleans nicely but nothing overly special.

H2o+ Collagen Shampoo- I like this slightly better than the other one, but it is still not my favorite.

CO Bigelow Peppermint and Lavender Conditioner- It is not thick enough for me and does nothing special for my hair.  I love the smell though, so I tolerate it just for that.

Urban Decay Primer Potion- While I would never buy the full size (I prefer NARS), I find this works all right when used with quality shadows and given a lot of time to set before applying shadow.  Otherwise, it creases every time.

Tom Ford Velvet Orchid- I like the scent.

Charlotte Tilbury Kissing Jane- The formula feels nice, but I do not really like the color.  There was not enough lipstick in the sample for one full application though.

Benefit Fake Up- The formula is all right.  The color was too dark for me to keep using the sample though.

Dr Haushcka face cleanser- This stuff smells terrible (fades quickly though).  It does not lather super well, but it leaves my skin so soft with its very subtle exfoliant.  

Clinique Powder Redness Correcting- My skin did look slightly less red when I used it.  I am not in the market for a new powder at the moment.

YSL Touche Eclat Illuminizer- This is growing on me.  The first time I sampled it, I used shade one.  It was not a right fit for my skin tone, so I did not like the way it looked.  Someone convinced me to try it again with shade 2, which is perfect with my skin tone.  The only thing that keeps me from loving it is it does not pair well with all of my foundations.  I love it with YSL foundations, so I may purchase this down the road.

H2o+ lotion- A little thin, but it does the job all right.

Eucerin calming lotion- Much thinner than the Eucerin I am used to, which explains why this stuff was so cheap.

Sephora Cotton Rounds- These do not fall apart as badly as the cheap ones, but they still fall apart slightly.  I want something a little nicer when I purchase again.

Not for Me

Malin and Goetz body b-6 lotion- Not thick enough for me, and I hate the smell.  I was only able to use this once. My husband gave it to me after someone gave it to him (two years later).  It was too old for me to give to someone else, so I tossed it full!

Swisspers Cotton Rounds- These are junk and fall apart easily.  Sadly, I purchased a 6 pack before ever trying them, so I have 5 more to go.

Shine Shampoo- It does not lather well, the smell is not great and it does not make my hair look special.  I stay at Sheraton often, which is why I have so many of these.  I am forcing myself to use them, because my husband wants me to use all of my shampoo up before I repurchase more of my beloved Wen (hopefully during Chic week).

Korres Quercetin and Oak Anti-Ageing Primer- Felt slightly moisturizing.  I do not think this worked any better than when I forgot to use anything though.

So that's the magic trick with Urban Decay's Primer Potion! I never realized it needed to set before whacking on eyeshadow.

(0) Hearts

It took me a while to figure that out.  After having it crease 90% of the time when I applied the shadows within two minutes of application, I now have about a 90% success rate of no creasing if I wait over five minutes from applying it and waiting for shadows.  The amount makes a difference, too.  Applying too little obviously does not work well but surprisingly, you can also apply too much.  Whenever I apply a lot (which I have the tendency to do with everything), I get creasing as well.  The trick is to do one tiny squirt (that is enough) and wait five or more minutes after application to start shadows.  

That is why I will never buy it though.  My NARS rarely creases no matter how I apply it.  If you have samples though, this technique is a good way to put them to use.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments