Empties

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

June/July

IMG_1789.JPG

IMG_1785.JPG

IMG_1787.JPG

IMG_1788.JPG

Grrr...not sure why 1 picture is correct and the others are sideways! Sorry!

Loves-

• Caudalie Polyphenol Anti-wrinkle Defense Serum- I love this and my skin freaks out when I don't use it. I'm on my third bottle now!

Likes/Might Buy Again-

• Dove Deep Moisture Body Wash- loved it had a pump but wasn't moisturizing enough
  • Sephora Soft Touch Cotton Pads- These are decent and are a good option to add to my cart to qualify for a promo code
  • Belif True Cream Aqua Bomb-  I like this one during the summer but it's comparable to other gel moisturizers I own.  Personally, I like the moisturizing bomb better
  • Dior Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet- I enjoyed this and need to go through some sample vials before I decide to purchase a bottle
  • TATCHA Pure One Step Camelia Cleansing Oil-  I loved the scent and thought it removed makeup well.  Will definitely use samples
  • Tarte Lights, Camer, Lashes mascara- I really enjoyed this but like other mascaras better

Likes/Won't Buy Again/Will Use Sample-

• Batiste Dry Shampoo in Original- It gets the job done but it's not my favorite scent
  • Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Shampoo & Conditioner- Enjoyed the scent and cleaned/conditioned my hair well. Will use samples again
  • Boscia Detox Black Cleanser- Enjoyed it but don't see myself buying a full size until I finish other face wash samples
  • Benefit POREfessional- It fine, but I don't use primer often enough to justify buying a full size 
  • Glamglow Power Cleanse Mud and Oil to Foam- Loved the smell but not sure it's worth the price
  • Glamglow Youth Cleanse- Enjoyed and will use samples but no intention of buying it
  • Hask Keratin Smoothing Shampoo and Conditioner- Didn't wow me but would use a sample again
  • Garnier Fortifying Shampoo- Would use to travel but dries out my wavy hair
  • Dr Brandt PoreDermabrasion Pore Perfecting Exfoliator- I like a more gritty exfoliator but will use samples again
  • Lancome CILS BOOSTER XL- I feel like my lashes don't need a primer but I would use a sample again

Not For Me-

• Supergoop Defense Refresh Setting Mist with Rosemary**- Didn't leave a matte finish as advertised on the bottle and the spray nozzle kept getting clogged
  • Sephora Coconut Hand Wash- Purchased as an item to qualify for a promo code. Left my hands dry after using
  • Dior Lip Maximizer 001**- not a fan of lipgloss or mint in my lip products
  • LORAC Lip Lustre Cream**- Bought off Hautelook and didn't like how thick it was.  Plus, I don't like lipgloss so not sure why I bought it
  • Dolce and Gabanna Dolce Rosa Excelsa-  Was nice but didn't last long on my skin
  • CAOLION Premium Hot & Cool Pore Pack Duo-  Didn't like the consistency and it didn't do anything for my skin
  • Malin + Goetz Grapefruit Face Cleanser- dried out my skin
  • AHAVA Deadsea Water Mineral Hand Cream- Didn't provide enough moisture and the scent was too powerful and lingered. 
  • Molton Brown Rhubarb and Rose Shower Gel- Didn't like the scent
  • Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash- Broke me out so bad!!!
  • Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze**- I used this once and didn't like it.  Now it's starting to dry out
  • NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation- Color match was great but I rarely wear foundation and this sat on my skin
  • Flower by Kenzo eau de parfum- Nope. Didn't like the smell
  • Korres Greek Yoghurt Foaming Cream Cleanser- Didn't like the texture and it dried out my skin

Hotel Samples

• Mineral Fusion Fortifying Shampoo- nothing special
  • Bergamote 22 Shower Gel (x2), Shampoo, Conditioner- Loved the scent! Will use again the next time I stay at a Park Hyatt
  • Pantene Classic Clean Shampoo, Conditioner- I love the smell of Pantene products
  • WIRU Shampoo, Body Wash- AMAZING scent!  Sadly it's exclusive to Ayers Rock, Australia

**Throwing out/did not finish

(0) Hearts

Now you're making me curious about that Caudalie serum.  Not sure if it's being discontinued (or just the set that contains it) but saw a set that included I believe that serum full sized at Nordstrom Rack for a steal of a deal!

(0) Hearts

I saw this too. I'm debating on going back and getting it

I picked that Caolion set for my Soko to Tokyo set without sampling it or reading any reviews. I have not tried it yet, but I really think I should have read more reviews before selecting it. I've seen a few similar to yours now.

Which hotel uses Pantene products? 

(0) Hearts

I haven't used my Caolion set yet, but now I'm not looking forward to it.

(0) Hearts

It wasn't a hotel per se but was a vacation condo on an island off the coast of Australia. I lumped it in with the others Smiley Happy

(0) Hearts

Got it. I remember staying at a time share where they did not have any products at all. It was crazy, because I had to make a store run. I never travel with shampoo and I ran to the store and got TreSemme. I wondered if the Pantene was a similar experience for you.

[ Edited ]

I realized I forgot to add my empty sheet masks. Oops

Loves

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Nopes

image.jpeg

Shout out to @greenporchlights

for the Baies candle she gifted me for my birthday. It's such a great well rounded scent and a great burn. 

(0) Hearts

Like that you put them all on a shelf!  I always love how many candles you make it through.  You seem to go through them like crazy!

(0) Hearts

I cannot see which Fresh product that is in the likes. Is it the lip serum? I have a love/hate relationship with that, because it is long-lasting and leaves my lips so soft. It tastes terrible though!

(0) Hearts

It's the rose hydrating gel cream. I have the lip serum sample but I haven't tried it. I've had horrible luck with fresh lip balms drying my lips out. Maybe the serum would be different.

(0) Hearts

Unless you're allergic or something, I doubt it will dry them out. That stuff is magically hydrating. 

(0) Hearts

Just jumping in here for the Fresh lip serum, it does indeed taste terrible, but smooths like no other. I thought my small sample tasted worse than the full size, or I just got used to it. You should definitely try it! @dalidyli

(0) Hearts

Thanks @Haleyhale

Im giving myself a facial today so I got out my fresh lip scrub and serum to give my lips a little love! 

Second half of July empties...

Will/Would repurchase:

IMG_1718.jpg

Maybe/not sure yet...:

IMG_1719.jpg

Nope... Smiley Sad

IMG_1720.jpg

(0) Hearts

I love that antiperspirant too.  That is one of my go-tos.

(0) Hearts

I LOVE the foot masks! They've been selling out quick online too.

(0) Hearts

I'm seriously considering getting a foot mask for my spouse.  His feet need so much help!!!

(0) Hearts

I have not seen a bad review yet, so I look forward to trying them.

July Empties.jpg

I'm babysitting and brought a bag full of garbage empties over to my friend's house so I could photograph them. Please note the children's playmat being used as a backdrop.

LOVE

* Naisture Aqua Marine Collagen Skin Elasticity three-step maskSo moisturizing! If anyone ever sees these being sold in bundles on Amazon like people do for Tony Moly, let me know.

* Tony Moly Pureness 100 Propolis mask. Also very moisturizing!

* Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist 24 eye mask. I'm so glad Shiseido is being sold at Ulta now. These aren't cheap, so if I buy them during a points multiplier, I'll rake in the points.

* It Cosmetics CC cream in Medium. A kind BTer sent this foil along as a sample in a trade. I'm very grateful, because I also have a DS tube of it that I received in a  GWP bag that I didn't want to open unless I knew I liked the product. I do like it, and it has SPF 50, which made it great for summer. The Medium was a hint dark on my skin, but since it's summer, I could pretend that I had a bit of a tan going on. Medium is also very yellow, which matched my undertones.

* Glossier Balm Dotcom. My third (?) tube? I wear it every night, and also discovered that it gives the prettiest natural highlight glisten, although it is rather sticky since it's a balm and doesn't dry down.

* Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mist. I got this in a trade and love it. My skin never felt so soft or moisturized. But it's ridiculously expensive.

* Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Ultra Gentle Daily Peel. If I hadn't just bought a tub of FAB pads, I would have bought these. My skin felt great after trying it.

* Sephora waterproof eye makeup remover. A staple. I buy this in bulk during the holiday sale.

OK

* Lancome Bienfait Multi-Vital Sunscreen Cream. It was nice to have a moisturizer with sunscreen in it for a bit, as I usually use two separate products. The DS jar lasted a long time with generous use, too.

* Algenist Retinol Firming & Lifting Serum. I used to use the FS of this; this is a 100-point perk. It's OK, but I wouldn't repurchase.

* Amore Pacific Natural Protection. Another moisturizer/sunscreen. 

* It Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye Corrector in Medium. Mehhhh. I've used better.

* Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado. This was raved about by someone on YT. I don't usually fall for YouTubers' recs, but bought it since I got a nice GWP. The eye cream is OK, albeit too thick for daytime. I wouldn't repurchase, but I would use any free ones that came my way in future GWP bags.

* Tony Moly Panda's Dream eye mask. These are mainly a gimmick and only moisturize OK. They're also a pain to put on.

* Drunk Elephant B-Hydra Intensive Hydration Gel. The gel texture was weird, but at least it didn't break me out like it does others.

* Burt's Bees Sensitive face wipes. I'm trying to break the habit of using face wipes. After using other cleansers, I realized how drying these are.

* Jo Malone creams in White Jasmine, Wood Sage, and Fresh Lime. I'm just not a body moisturizer person. An SA made me these samples months ago and I didn't finish any of them before they turned. White Jasmine and Wood Sage (two of my favorite cologne scents) smelled especially nice, though.

* Nude Treatment Oil. It's an oil sample. It was OK.

* Glossier Moisturizing Moon Mask. The Galaxy Green mask that sucks out impurities is better. This one was OK, but it just felt like putting on a bunch of (albeit lightweight) moisturizer and then wiping it off 20 minutes later.

* Stila Stay All Day liquid liner. One of my few makeup repurchases. It finally dried out, but I hadn't used it for months and months and months.

HATE

* Sjal Liquid Saphire Anti-Aging Face Oil. It just sat on top of my skin and never sank in.

* Marc Jacobs Highliner in Express-Oh! I'm so disappointed in these MJ liners. I own the holiday set, which was supposed to have been fixed after they kept drying out, but this and all my other MJ liners still dry out, including my full-sized ones. I grabbed this one to toss in a fit of fury, but I'll be throwing away my others and won't buy any more.

* Ole Henricksen Pure Truth Youth Activating Oil. First of all, the pump on mine was broken, hence the other dropper I grabbed from another product in the picture. Second of all, when I did manager to apply it to my face, it didn't seem to do anything. I used half the bottle and then threw in the towel.

* Origins Zero Oil toner. I've owned this forever and I'm finally giving myself permission to toss it. It dries out my skin and never seemed to do anything positive.

* Flo Refillable Fragrance Atomizer. It leaks, plus it looks like a weird tampon case or, ahem, personal massager. Fortunately, I filled it with one of my least favorite perfumes, so there's no loss in throwing it away.

I've tried the Shiseido eye makes before and never seem to notice a difference. What differences do you notice? (Curious as to what I should be looking for).

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments