Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Do you have to rub in the moisturizer? I was thinking of getting it for my back when my boyfriend isn't around & I don't feel like twisting in all directions trying to moisturize my back. 

Anonymous Insider

It says on the bottle you have to rub it in. However, on my back I just sprayed it on and let it sink in. It usually took about 2-3 minutes to fully dry. 🙂

Awesome! Thanks so much, I'm going to pick some up for winter. 

Vaseline Spray & Go you do have to rub in.  But that stuff dries so fast!

Yay skincare empties.....

2013-11-19 21.25.22.jpg

Ok I lied, the True Blue Spa stuff aren't empty, but they are almost done, I had them for a yr, and it's getting grody. Toss.

20131208_113604.jpgFINALLY I finished that gigantic bottle of not very moisturizing Nivea body lotion, honestly I just brought it cuz it says Lotus and I was curious. Boots Botanic mask feels great, but my face needs something more heavy duty. I'm not gonna miss Origins Perfect World spf25...and I have another unopened full size. =/

I started cleaning the Super by Perricone body serum bottle before remembering to take a picture, so I stuck the sticker back on to take the pic. =P

Anonymous Insider

I want to try the True Blue Spa masks!  I saw this and looked on the BBW online store but I can't find them. 😞

Nice!! Thoughts on Take A Deep Breath, Scrub Cream and Truth Serum? (the tiny orange one I think?)

I like all of them. Philosophy take a deep breath is a nice gel moisturizer, light blue with a mild pleasant not very detectable scent. I have combo skin and it's great for summer, comparable to Clinique Moisture Surge.

The Clinique scrub cream was my stable for 5+ yrs. It's a thick creamy scrub with round beads so there's plenty of exfoliation but it's not abrasive. I do recommend using a cleanser afterward tho or else it leaves a residue. I still have an unopened tube left, but after this I think I'm going to move onto Laura Mercier face polish, which is similar but with smaller beads and doesn't leave as much of a residue.

Ole Henriksen truth serum is my stable. Whatever effect it's suppose to have is not drastic, it does hydrate a bit and brightens a bit overtime, but most of all it have a very runny gel texture that sinks in easily in my combo skin and leaves no residue behind (unlike some of the lotion-y serum that I can only use in the winter). In the summer I would use this, then moisturizer only on the dry area like the cheeks and forehead. 😃

Thank you!! Can always count on you to give great reviews on products ❤️ 🙂

So...I just kept tossing the empties into a rush basket and opening up a new one...now I'm almost done with all my drugstore bath products and need to find a new gentle bubble bath and decide if I want to mix my own salts...And get a big  crock and scoop for powdered milk. Baths, srs bsns. 😄

image.jpg

Do the Aches and Pains salts really work? Cuz I could sure use these for after visits to the gym 😄

That's exactly when I use them most. They do work for me. So do Epsom salts but these have other things in. I like 'em. 

Cool, thanks for the reply!

I am late with my empties this month! Too many work days in a row... but now I have a week of freedom!

photo 3.JPG

3 candles- getting closer to clearing out my massive candle stash before moving... Lemon Gelato, Lemon Meringue, and Toffee

Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Shampoo- have used for a long time, might eventually repurchase, but I have lots to use up...

Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Intense Moisturizing Treatment- pretty dang good, might repurchase

B&BW Rio Rumberry Shower Gel

Body Shop Tea Tree Face Mask- this is a repurchase, have another in my stash

Jessica Simpson Fancy Perfume- HOLY CRIKEY A FULL SIZED PERFUME. Was very excited about this; have another of this in stash that I received as a gift. Regardless, I'll be celebrating this empty with purchasing Gucci Glamorous Magnolia and possibly a Tocca trio 😄

Korres Pomegranate Wipes- love these! Especially since they were $3 at TJ Maxx... will be stocking up if I see them in the future.

MUFE Pro Finish Powder Foundation- already purchased in Pink Beige for contouring

Paula's Choice Hydralight Tonerx3

FAB Ultra Repair Cream- liked!

REN Glycol Lactic Mask- purchased full size, using up minis first

Boscia Oil-Free Daily Hydration- really liked! Smell isn't the greatest, but it fades fast. Have another identical size of this to use eventually.

Ulta Exfoliating Cotton Rounds

AmorePacific Future Response Cream- think this caused breakouts

Clinique Even Better Lotion x2

Becca Foundation

YSL Glossy Stain

Buxom Amplified Lash Mascara

Lancome Hypnose Drama- sorry guys, absolutely hated this. Will be giving another mini away in my next TSB box.

Anastasia Lash Genius- HOLY GRAIL. Already have another full sized and mini.

Laura Mercier Long Lash Mascara- also HOLY GRAIL. Wanted to cry when I finished. Will repurchase when I no longer have a mound of mascaras waiting.

Yippee! Off to the recycling bin they go!

So excited that it's December.

Because I finally get to trash all of my 2013 empties on 1 January!

Best/worst resolution ever.  I have a better idea of my legitimate consumption levels, and can better budget/stock up on some items.

Y'all... I've almost filled 13 gallon trash bag #2. Thank goodness I have lots of storage.  I would hate to be a hoarder. Ick.

I don't mean to be rude... but wtf? 

1. Who holds onto their empties unless it's for the Back to MAC program?  It's called trash, people.  Throw it out!

2. Who wants to see other people's trash?

I get haul videos but this is beyond me.

It is also a record of what has been tried and what was liked or not. The stuff I love, I don't forget. But its the fragrance sample that I can't remember if I have tried or not, or the makeup wipes that I bought on a whim.

I also like to see what others have enjoyed or not.  If I see someone using similar products as me, I may want to try some of the other stuff they use/like.

This thread is months old with lots of participants and over 50 photos. Obviously, a lot of people in our community think it is fun. 

To each his own. I like seeing that I'm making progress through my extensive stash. It's a motivator for me to try and use all my samples and products up.

You don't have to participate. You can simply skip over this thread. Taking the time to write a negative comment does nothing for anyone. I understand your opinion however I really dislike the way you worded your harsh criticism. I don't like feeling like I need to defend the way I share my makeup addiction.

It also gives a more true review of a product if someone has finished it in its entirety. I like reading what people are going to repurchase right away - it says a lot about the product.

I love seeing everyone's empties because I am so terrible at finishing products 😞  *hangs head in shame*

And when I do have empties I always forget to keep them for this & throw them out. I do try to see what I can recycle. 

Also I believe Origins takes cosmetics empties year round (doesn't matter what brand). 

And I like to read who likes/dislikes which products, you can't really do an adequate review on a haul, but you can say "won't repurchase" on an empty 😛 

i can never seem to finish a product either..the only time i ever get to finish anything is if i'm sharing it with my boyfriend. we've gone through two 17.6 oz jars (which is the HUGE jar) of the borghese fango mud masks in the past year..and it hasn't even been a whole year left. i don't mind sharing with him because that makes me feel like i'm not wasting my money in the end. i feel so accomplished when i throw an empty out in the trash!

testing