I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.
So excited that it's December.
Because I finally get to trash all of my 2013 empties on 1 January!
Best/worst resolution ever. I have a better idea of my legitimate consumption levels, and can better budget/stock up on some items.
Y'all... I've almost filled 13 gallon trash bag #2. Thank goodness I have lots of storage. I would hate to be a hoarder. Ick.
I don't mean to be rude... but wtf?
1. Who holds onto their empties unless it's for the Back to MAC program? It's called trash, people. Throw it out!
2. Who wants to see other people's trash?
I get haul videos but this is beyond me.
It is also a record of what has been tried and what was liked or not. The stuff I love, I don't forget. But its the fragrance sample that I can't remember if I have tried or not, or the makeup wipes that I bought on a whim.
I also like to see what others have enjoyed or not. If I see someone using similar products as me, I may want to try some of the other stuff they use/like.
Re: Empties[ Edited ]
To each his own. I like seeing that I'm making progress through my extensive stash. It's a motivator for me to try and use all my samples and products up.
You don't have to participate. You can simply skip over this thread. Taking the time to write a negative comment does nothing for anyone. I understand your opinion however I really dislike the way you worded your harsh criticism. I don't like feeling like I need to defend the way I share my makeup addiction.
It also gives a more true review of a product if someone has finished it in its entirety. I like reading what people are going to repurchase right away - it says a lot about the product.
I love seeing everyone's empties because I am so terrible at finishing products *hangs head in shame*
And when I do have empties I always forget to keep them for this & throw them out. I do try to see what I can recycle.
Also I believe Origins takes cosmetics empties year round (doesn't matter what brand).
And I like to read who likes/dislikes which products, you can't really do an adequate review on a haul, but you can say "won't repurchase" on an empty
i can never seem to finish a product either..the only time i ever get to finish anything is if i'm sharing it with my boyfriend. we've gone through two 17.6 oz jars (which is the HUGE jar) of the borghese fango mud masks in the past year..and it hasn't even been a whole year left. i don't mind sharing with him because that makes me feel like i'm not wasting my money in the end. i feel so accomplished when i throw an empty out in the trash!
Seeing others' empties inspires me to finish more of my things too. And organize the open ones. It also inspires me to pitch items that aren't working, just sitting. I've done that a bit and it's freeing. And I get to tell others about things I've used sometimes, the good and the bad.
I love haul videos sometimes, it curbs my own impulse buying to watch them! But it's no reference point for whether that shiny new stuff even works or not. I can't keep more than 5 or so empties now after the bath salts jars purge though, I've gotten a smaller empties basket.
Re: Empties[ Edited ]
Finished some things I'm sad about The Better than Sex mascara is one of my favorites now!
*Caudalie Hand and Nail Cream
Stila Face the Day Moisturizing Gel Cream
*Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara
Fresh Sugar Rose lip balm
FAB Ultra Repair Cream
Clarins Double Serum
Purity Face Wash
Fresh Rose Face Mask Sample
*=repurchasing or already bought!
I used up a ton this month. I actually managed to use up mua lot of lip products and I hope to continue to finish them up. I probably wont use up very much next month as I will be In Kenya for 2 weeks and Madrid for another so it will probably be just deluxe skincare in next months list
Aussie mega Hair spray- I dont use hairspray 99.999% of the time so this took me about 5 years to use up and I wont be buying anymore because its just a waste of space in my life
Origins Ginzing energy boosting moisturizer- I love this stuff and will probably repurchase it again when I've used up most of my 9 other moisturizers that I have sitting around
Neutrogena advance sunblock spf 70- this stuff is great for my job. I work outdoors and need tons of sun screen
KVD Sinful lash mascara- I enjoyed the brush on the brush. This mascara made my already long lashes look so full and gorgeous
Victoria Secret Crisp apple and vibrant poppy body scrub- I liked it and I have 5 other vs boby scrubs to use since I buy them in bulk
KVD Lock-it Tattoo Powder Foundation Light 48- Loved this until most of the pan was showing and then it became very difficult to apply
LAQA & Co Lil Lip- I really licked this lipstick but I have a ton of hot pink lipsticks to use up
Maybelline Whisper lipstick in Bare to Bold- I'm not really big on nude lipsticks and was glad to see this go
Target 100 pack cotton rounds- I love these and buy them in bulk
3 VS eyeliners in hot slate, total fox and bluminescent- I hate these eyeliners and will never buy them again
Stila Stay All day waterproof eyeliner in intense black- I never use liquid eyeliners so I was glad to find this was all dried up and out of my life
KVD Tattoo liquid liner in maya- its ok but see above comment
Lancome BiFacil- it works well but I have a neutrogena makeup remover that works almost as well and is so much cheaper
Origins modern friciton- I love this and already have a fullsize
Living Proof no frizz nourishing style cream- I will probably buy the full size of this once I use up some other hair products that I have
MUFE lipstick in N45- I hated this lipstick and glad it was only a mini, I'm not big on reds so this wont get a repurchase
Sephora Daily Makeup brush cleaner- I like this alot and already bought the bigger version
Tarte Lipstick in Inspired- I liked this mini and might consider rebuying it when I use up some of the million other ones that I have
Stila Lip glaze in apricot- I liked the color but I hated the texture
GlamGlow YouthMud Tingleexfoliate treatment- I need to buy this, it is amazing
Too Faced Tinted BB cream- Dont like the texture or the shade
MJ OH LOLA perfume vial- I liked it and might consider buying a rollerball
MJ Daisy vial- I already have a rollerball and I like it a lot
V&R Flowerbomb vial- love it and bought the rollerball
Korres Greek Yoghurt sleeping facial- no opinion samples was to small
Smashbox primer- bought a mini size of it
3 lacome gloss samples- hate the texture
3 KVD liquid foundation- it was ok
3 YSL gloss samples- liked the texture not the colors
UD Anarchy lipstick sample- loved and have 3 more to use up before I buy the full size
Sorry for posting back to back, want to finally trash this stuff!
- Philosophy Miracle Worker eye serum - unfortunately dried out my eye area, could not finish the deluxe sample
- Benefit Stay Don't Stray - liked the product but hate the pump, made me waste so much product
- Maybelline Dream Lumi pen in radiant - already repurchased, great eye brightener
- Sephora blotting pappers - bummer was that I had to use two at a time, but did a good job removing shine
- Mary Kay samples (eye cream, a couple eye shadow cards) - trying to get rid of samples
- Wet n Wild Mega Volume mascara - thank goodness it was cheap b/c it dried out soooooo fast!
- Maybelline Full N Soft mascara - one of my go-tos, already stocked
- Uniq One all-in-one shampoo and balm - liked the concept, but my hair did not feel and look its best
- Degree clinical protection motion activated deodorant - worked really well, not usually a fan of the non-solid, would repurchase
- Billionaire Boyfriend parfum - not for me, too matronly
- LOreal EverCurl leave-in cream - already purchased, works really well as long as you get the perfect balance of cream to hair ratio
- Target cotton rounds
- Target make up remover wipes - not very soft, not repurchasing
I took this picture a few weeks ago but never got a chance to post it. So, better late than never...
- Clinique Advanced concealer - full coverage but it creased on me
- Satin care Olay shaving cream
- Boscia Oil Free Hydration w/ spf - bought full already, perfect for summer
- Target brand exfoliating cotton rounds - like that they have a little more substance than regular rounds, already repurchased
- Yes to Cucumbers makeup wipes - favorite so far, but still looking for better
- ROC Resurfacing discs - cut the discs in half to get double the use, made my face even toned and bright but could only use it for a week at a time then switch to my regular cleanser.
- Bare Minerals Multi-tasking powder in Bisque - been using to set under eye concealer, its okay, looking for better
- LOreal Total Repair restoring shampoo and conditioner - liked the sample size so I got the full size, not sure if I still feel the same way
- Masque Bar Pore refining mask - got three uses out of one packet and I liked it just as much as Murad
- Paco Rabanne Lady Million - complex smell, liked it but not enough to purchase
- Caudalie Premier cru the eye cream - bottle lasted the whole year, HATED the dispenser (wasted product), did brighten my eyes well, expensive
- Opti-free pure moist contact solution
I'm doing my November empties a little early this month! and guys I FINALLY FINISHED A FOUNDATION!!!!!!!!!!
1. Aloe Calming Toner - The Body Shop
2. Suave Touchable Finish Hairspray
3. Bali Mango Body Lotion - Bath and Body Works
4. Daily Facial Cleansing Towelettes (Avoid these at all costs!!!)
5. Pantene Beautiful Lengths Strengthening Conditioner
6. Holiday candle
7. Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse Foundation
8. BareMinerals Warmth All Over Face Color
9. BareMinerals Original Foundation -Golden Fair
10. Sephora Samples (Fresh Rose Face Mask, Purity Made Simple, and Korres Rose Moisturizer)
11. Philosophy Purity Made Simple
12. Lancome La Vie est Belle
I like getting and using fragrance samples so I'm always up for new ones am
nd repeats of ones I like. Cuteness factor of minis. I keep notes on fragrances I test. The Olay cloths ate my face, I couldn't use them 2 days in a row without stinging. Yes to blueberries is for when I'm very lazy and need to clean or refresh my face or hands, they do not remove makeup adequately but I don't think they are supposed to? I've stopped using them regularly but still handy to have around as a break from sanitizer/refreshing spray. Gentle and I like the smell. The Nivea was an old nostalgia purchase, but it's never really done anything for me. I like the smell. It's drying up, so I'm tossing. Won't repurchase.
As I come across things, I'm saving them in a little bag until I have at least 5, then take a pix and toss.