I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.
So far this month I have been making a dent in my fragrance samples.
- Viktor &Rolf Flowerbomb card - it actually had enough "stuff" under the plastic to really put the scent on! It first smelled a little too sweet for me, but after some time it mellowed out. Will need to try a bigger sample.
- Estee Lauder Modern Muse - sorry to anyone who loves this but on me it smelled too mature.
- Lancome La Vie est Belle - too sweet
- Paco Rabanne Lady Million - at first I really liked this scent, but now I am on the fence. I will need to try another sample
- Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub - got this sample at Walgreens. I really like this scrub. I bought a full size already. I use it twice a week in the shower. My favorite part is that it gives me a warm tingly feeling on parts of my face, like some sort of treatment.
- Philosophy Miracle worker - got this in an Allue magazine, I also got a deluxe sample from Sephora (still trying it), so the jury's still out on this one.
- Make Up Forever Smoky Extravagant mascara - No! No! No! Hated the brush, too clumpy. Did give volume but no length.
- Almay Get Up and Grow - this had a weird brush as well. The formula was on the drier side (which I like), so needless to say, it dried out.
- L'Occiane - was a bit skeptical about this product, but it smelled good and was very hydrating. Would possibly purchase.
- Boyfriend parfume - too strong for me, though it was nice to have a scent last all day.
Re: Empties[ Edited ]
I think one of the problems I had with the MUFE mascara sample is that the weird sample container thing let too much mascara out on the brush and so it all clumped up too much. Plus I wanted to use it a couple of times because there was a ton of product in it, but there was no way to close it and putting the wand back inside the container was so messy! Not well thought out!
Used up minis before I butcher those tubes so I can get every last drop. Muahahahaha!
Clinique liquid soap for oil skin: was my basic for many years but I was so happy to move on.....until my mom called me to tell me she brought me a full size bottle and was so proud she remembers what I like. X.X
Bliss Fabulous moisturizer spf15: I think this might be my fav summer moisturizer.
Koh Gen Do spa gel: very nice, but not hydrating enough and a bit sticky when applied generously.
Koh Gen Do gommage gel: kind of like PTR FirmX, but I like my physical scrubs.
Shiseido spf42: not really a fan. It's very lightweight but separated a bit and comes in a non-squeezable and non-pumpable bottle.
Tokidoki Siberia: yay! First rollerball I finished!
too bad i can;t add my godiva chocolate wrappers to the list..
loveeee the shampoo, especially now that i have a shower filter i'm sooo glad i went back and used this stuff again... my hair has missed it. I will def rebuy(yet again!) after i use up everything else.
I know how silly the evian in a can is.. my boyfriend wont let me forget it lol. He'll encourage the rest of my makeup hoarding but he loves poking fun at me for the evian.. i love it... i loved it even more when my power went out two nights ago... florida heat... needless to say i had an unintentional empty lol.
loveeee the stress relief line from bath and body works... yup my entire under my sick area is filled up with replacements... totally need to add more when black friday rolls around.
I used up about 20 of the bumble n bumble shampoo samples, 2 deluxe murad cleansers, my shisedo makeup remover, 2 deluxe tarte oil, sample of murad eye cream, and a few samples of clinque acne cleanser
This WEEK's empties. Kinda proud that I'm using a lot of samples up! And no purchases this week either - YAY!
From Front to Back, Left to Right:
- Make Up For Ever Powder Foundation in 118,120,125,155
- First Aid Beauty - Ultra Repair Cream
- Josie Maran Argan Matchmaker Serum Foundation - Ugh I took this off my skin in 5 minutes. Did not like how it felt and my skin had a slight reaction to it (which is odd because the Argan Oil doesn't bother me)
- Marc Jacobs - Genius Gel Foundation in 26 Bisque Medium and Concealer Pen in #1 Rendezvous
- Fekkai Glossing Cream - Actually really liked this. Will buy when I get the next 20% off at Ulta.
- Em Cosmetics - Blush and three eyeshadow sample in "Out to Lunch" - I really hated how chalky these are. I also don't like how everything is so close together in the palettes, I would end up mixing all the colors together. Won't buy.
- Bath & Body Works Shea Cashmere Hand Cream - Secret Wonderland - LOVED this. Definitely buying a new one! If you have any favorite scents I should check out, let me know.
- Bumble and Bumble Surf Foam Wash Shampoo and Creme Rinse Conditioner - Had the best hair day of the month after using this. These are a must purchase for me.
- Boscia - Revitalizing Black Hydration Gel - liked this but probably won't buy anytime soon.
- Soap & Glory Clarity Face Soap - Can't explain how much I love this. I've bought a million and wish Sephora still carried the larger size.
- Benefit Stay Don't Stray Eyeshadow & Concealer Primer - I had this for awhile and bought the larger size of this. I wish I hadn't. I have other primers I reach for way more. This creases too much for my liking.
- Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes
- Kirkland Daily Facial Cleansing Towelettes - These were horrible for my sensitive skin. Ugh if I didn't wash my face IMMEDIATELY after my skin would burn so badly.
- Secret Outlast - Sport Fresh
Bleh, I am impressed you managed to get through the Costco wipes! My skin is usually very tolerant of new products but I had to quit these after 2 days because they made both my mom and I have terribly red, blotchy skin. I don't know what is in those things but it's awful!
I hated them so much... it was so painful to finish them! I literally had to force myself to use them just so I could get them out of my cabinet. Ugh. Trust me it was not easy!
I'll have to ask my mom if she ended up finishing them or tossing them, she didn't want to throw them out immediately, so she was rinsing them off first, then using them like disposable washcloths with her own face scrub, haha.
Well, if those cleansing wipes don't work for you, you can try use them as a quick freshener for other things. When there's no time to shower, apparently Brad Pitt ward off the stinks by swiping baby wipes in the underarm region. I'm sure you can do the same with cleansing wipes. I haven't tried it, but after I'm done toning my face, sometimes I would wipe the still damp cotton pad over the more oily or sweaty areas like the cleavage or underarm. =X
Cleaning up with baby wipes is commonly known as a "camp shower" and is as the term suggests, great if you are out camping, hiking, or otherwise unable to access a shower. I like to keep baby wipes on hand just for that, its especially good being out in the country because sometimes it takes a couple days for them to get the power back on after a bad storm.
Haha, I do that too with the cotton pad, it's kind of refreshing when it's been hot out and if I am sweaty and my cat comes to cuddle I end up with cat fur stuck to me. Gross. I don't need to look like I have black chest hairs or something!
I saw a tutorial on Birchbox and they used the primer to conceal undereye circles, so that's what I started doing (being a newbie to primers). However, after a few uses, I noticed that the skin there was getting REALLY DRY. I had to pile on the eye cream down there for me not to look twice my age.
I feel taken advantage of.
I really liked it at the time, enough to buy a full size. But since I've tried other primers, I've noticed how much this one creases for me. Hopefully it doesn't do the same for you!
@prosopon It wasn't extremely conditioning so if that's what you're looking for, then it's not this. I was really unsure until I saw the way my hair behaved once it dried. It felt and looked good the next day. I really want to try it out in larger sizes.
Re: Empties[ Edited ]
Boo... the hubby threw away my shoe box full of empties. I have been saving for over a month already. And I am taking part in the Sample/Foil Packet challenge and now that I know how to properly upload photos on BT, I was so excited to post the photos! He said it looked like trash and it was just sitting on the floor so he threw it all away.
You would think I was growing a second head when I was trying to explain things to him. "Yes, honey, all of it was empty, but I was going to take a photo of all of it and put it online, and THEN I was going to throw it away. Technically it would be trash, but not yet because I wanted to show off what all I used lately..."
Lol- he was like you girls take photos of trash to put online??? Men... they just don't get it!