I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.
100 pack of cotton rounds
VS Pink Clay body mask
Amika Nourishing Mask
VS body scrub
Benefit Fakeup Concealer
Julep Nail Polish :clap
Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer
Sephora Gel Makeup remover
Origins Checks & Balances
Origins Charcoal Mask
Suki Face scrub
No4 Clarifying Shampoo
Oscar Blandi Texture/Volume Spray
Vivant Green Tea Cleanser
Kate Somerville Exfolikate
La Fresh Makeup remover wipe
La Fresh Oil Cleanser Wipe
Dickinsons Face Wipe
Boscia Black Mask
Tarte Park Ave princess bronzer
X2 UD lip samples
Love empties posts! My favorite. Not as impressive as last month (wish I had a pic of that, lol) but I'm so happy I'm emptying out my drawers & cabinets of all the clutter.
Boots Extracts Body Butters (Travel Size x6): These are very moisturizing and don't leave my skin sticky. Once I use up my other body butters I will pick up a full size of the bergamot scent.
Walnut Oil & Essential Oils (Rosemary, Cedarwood & Eucalyptus): I'm trying to use up most of natural treatments, they've been hanging in my drawers for way too long! I used the walnut oil instead of coconut oil (was tired of the scent). Would repurchase in the future, just not right now.
Sally Hansen Bleaching Cream: Use this to lighten my eyebrows a couple of shades. Repurchased a couple of times.
Will NOT repurchase:
Goat Milk Emollient Cream: Bought this at the Farmers Market. Local product. Great for hands/feets but to thick & rich for my body. Made my b-acne pop out like crazy.
John Frieda Luxurious Volume Conditioner: Sample. Dried out my hair. Left it very crunchy.
Olay Moisture Body Wash: Great for shaving. Decent body wash. I need to use up all my other body products before I even consider purchasing another body wash!!!
Lubriderm Daily Moisture Lotion: Left my skin stick and I never felt it actually sink into my skin.
Amlactin Body Lotion: I've got KP and I'm trying to find a good body moisturizer with AHA exfoliants. This was NOT it! It left my skin greasy and didn't leave my skin hydrated. After about the third use I broke out in a rash on my forearms. My mum technically finished this up for me.
Dermalogica Age Smart Multivitamin Recovery Masque: Will not repurchase. Didn't do much for my skin. I did notice a slight glow the morning after I used it but I've got other masks that give me the same effect. I might be too young for the product!?! Because my mum looooooves it and she's repurchased it.
Biologique Recherche P50 Lotion: Already repurchased. HG chemical exfoliant. Leaves my skin sooooo soft and smooth.
L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara: Will not repurchase. I still haven't found something to replace my beloved Diorshow. This left my lashes clumpy and flaked after a couple hours.
Samples: Eeehhh nothing left me too impressed except for the Dr. Dennis Gross Brightening Serum (very tempted to purchase). Most disappointing was the MUFE HD Foundation.
-Ole Henriksen Truth Serum...NOOOOOOOO!!!! I've had some 0.5 fl. oz. containers with a few drops left so I'm flipping those bad boys upside down and using what is left until my new one arrives!
-Glam Glow Black Mask (trial/sample size), I was able to get 3 applications out of the tube. My cousin used it once and I used it twice. I like how it felt and loved how it looked as it dried because you can see where it's over your pores and does have a slight cooling/tingling effecting, but nothing overstimulating and no irritation
-Bath & Body Works Sensual Amber Body Butter and Be Enchanted Body Cream, the BB is what I use to follow up my Lush massage bar (Mange Too) so my skin doesn't stay sticky and my BC tube is warped and squeezed down, about to cut it open to get what else I can out of it
Not much empties this month, but did almost finish a couple of full size so yay!
- Benefit moisturizer: it's actually surprisingly good for a cosmetic brand. Gel moisturizers are no longer enough and this cream is perfect right now.
- Dr. Brandt Pore Thing: meh, I'm not a fan of any skincare where the top ingredients are all silicones....
- L'occitane Angelica night cream: a great gel cream, more on the cream side, with a fresh green scent. I wish Sephora carries Angelica line...
- AmorePacific Moisture Bound Intensive Vitalizing eye complex: LOVE it! A light gel that sinks in super fast. I got online fully intending to buy it, and firmly decided not to as soon as I saw the price. X.X
- Dior One Essential serum: nice.
- When Snow Angel mask: my first mask, discontinued as soon as I tried my first one. Why Sephora?!?! waeeee!
- BBW lotion: YAY it's done! Got so many of these from the GWP.
- Clarins chamomile toner: meh, finally done.
Re: Empties[ Edited ]
Whoop whoop monthly empties!!!
Haircare and body:
Bottom to top, left to right:
YSL Touche Eclat (No. 2) - Really liked this, will probably purchase eventually but not right now
YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat (Beige Rose) - I got pretty oily with this foundation. Wouldn't purchase.
Miracle Skin Transformer - I loved this at first and even was considering buying until I realized this broke me out like crazy! I have tried multiple times and my skin just really dislikes it. It has a very silky, silicone texture.
Hourglass Illusion (Ivory) - this was a good tinted moisturizer, but won't be purchasing.
Loreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB (Light) - wasn't my favorite.
*Hoola Bronzer - my favorite bronzer to contour with. will be purchasing full size!
Porefessional - I have a love/hate with this. Feels great going on but definitely doesn't prolong the wear of my foundation. If anything I feel like it separates it. Won't be purchasing.
*Desire by Golce & Gabbana - IN LOVE with this fragrance. Why oh why don't they have a rollerball of it?! :'( I was even reaching for this over my beloved Flowerbomb. That's saying something.
*Guerlain Maxi Lash - This smells amazing and works wonderfully. Will without a doubt be repurchasing.
Benefit Bad Gal Lash - This was ok. The wand was just too big for my liking, it got mascara everywhere. I always had to clean up with a q-tip after use.
*Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel - this is the only brow gel I've ever liked. will be repurchasing.
*Kat Von D Tattoo Liner - Holy Grail eyeliner. Will be using this forever. You bet I've already broken out a backup.
NYX Super Skinny Marker - Don't waste your time with this. Go for the Kat Von D liner. Not black enough, and doesn't stay. Dries out very quickly.
Loreal Dream Lumi Concealer/Highlighter (Radiant) - loved this for highlighting. It brightened up my face on days when I was feeling especially tired/dull. Will be repurchasing.
Josie Maran Argan Lip Treatment - I felt so accomplished when I finally finished this! I liked it, but near the end felt like it wasn't doing much for my lips. I won't be repurchasing, but I enjoyed it while I had it.
*Soap & Glory Face Soap and Clarity - One of my Holy Grail face washes. I love it.
*Michael Todd Jojoba Charcoal Facial Scrub - THIS IS AMAZING. I really want to try out more of the Michael Todd line. I got it in my Ipsy bag and am so so so happy with it.
Lush Cupcake Face Mask - Liked it but didn't do anything life changing for my skin. Want to try other masks from Lush.
* = repurchased already or will be repurchasing in future
So far this month I have been making a dent in my fragrance samples.
- Viktor &Rolf Flowerbomb card - it actually had enough "stuff" under the plastic to really put the scent on! It first smelled a little too sweet for me, but after some time it mellowed out. Will need to try a bigger sample.
- Estee Lauder Modern Muse - sorry to anyone who loves this but on me it smelled too mature.
- Lancome La Vie est Belle - too sweet
- Paco Rabanne Lady Million - at first I really liked this scent, but now I am on the fence. I will need to try another sample
- Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub - got this sample at Walgreens. I really like this scrub. I bought a full size already. I use it twice a week in the shower. My favorite part is that it gives me a warm tingly feeling on parts of my face, like some sort of treatment.
- Philosophy Miracle worker - got this in an Allue magazine, I also got a deluxe sample from Sephora (still trying it), so the jury's still out on this one.
- Make Up Forever Smoky Extravagant mascara - No! No! No! Hated the brush, too clumpy. Did give volume but no length.
- Almay Get Up and Grow - this had a weird brush as well. The formula was on the drier side (which I like), so needless to say, it dried out.
- L'Occiane - was a bit skeptical about this product, but it smelled good and was very hydrating. Would possibly purchase.
- Boyfriend parfume - too strong for me, though it was nice to have a scent last all day.
Re: Empties[ Edited ]
I think one of the problems I had with the MUFE mascara sample is that the weird sample container thing let too much mascara out on the brush and so it all clumped up too much. Plus I wanted to use it a couple of times because there was a ton of product in it, but there was no way to close it and putting the wand back inside the container was so messy! Not well thought out!
Used up minis before I butcher those tubes so I can get every last drop. Muahahahaha!
Clinique liquid soap for oil skin: was my basic for many years but I was so happy to move on.....until my mom called me to tell me she brought me a full size bottle and was so proud she remembers what I like. X.X
Bliss Fabulous moisturizer spf15: I think this might be my fav summer moisturizer.
Koh Gen Do spa gel: very nice, but not hydrating enough and a bit sticky when applied generously.
Koh Gen Do gommage gel: kind of like PTR FirmX, but I like my physical scrubs.
Shiseido spf42: not really a fan. It's very lightweight but separated a bit and comes in a non-squeezable and non-pumpable bottle.
Tokidoki Siberia: yay! First rollerball I finished!
too bad i can;t add my godiva chocolate wrappers to the list..
loveeee the shampoo, especially now that i have a shower filter i'm sooo glad i went back and used this stuff again... my hair has missed it. I will def rebuy(yet again!) after i use up everything else.
I know how silly the evian in a can is.. my boyfriend wont let me forget it lol. He'll encourage the rest of my makeup hoarding but he loves poking fun at me for the evian.. i love it... i loved it even more when my power went out two nights ago... florida heat... needless to say i had an unintentional empty lol.
loveeee the stress relief line from bath and body works... yup my entire under my sick area is filled up with replacements... totally need to add more when black friday rolls around.
I used up about 20 of the bumble n bumble shampoo samples, 2 deluxe murad cleansers, my shisedo makeup remover, 2 deluxe tarte oil, sample of murad eye cream, and a few samples of clinque acne cleanser
This WEEK's empties. Kinda proud that I'm using a lot of samples up! And no purchases this week either - YAY!
From Front to Back, Left to Right:
- Make Up For Ever Powder Foundation in 118,120,125,155
- First Aid Beauty - Ultra Repair Cream
- Josie Maran Argan Matchmaker Serum Foundation - Ugh I took this off my skin in 5 minutes. Did not like how it felt and my skin had a slight reaction to it (which is odd because the Argan Oil doesn't bother me)
- Marc Jacobs - Genius Gel Foundation in 26 Bisque Medium and Concealer Pen in #1 Rendezvous
- Fekkai Glossing Cream - Actually really liked this. Will buy when I get the next 20% off at Ulta.
- Em Cosmetics - Blush and three eyeshadow sample in "Out to Lunch" - I really hated how chalky these are. I also don't like how everything is so close together in the palettes, I would end up mixing all the colors together. Won't buy.
- Bath & Body Works Shea Cashmere Hand Cream - Secret Wonderland - LOVED this. Definitely buying a new one! If you have any favorite scents I should check out, let me know.
- Bumble and Bumble Surf Foam Wash Shampoo and Creme Rinse Conditioner - Had the best hair day of the month after using this. These are a must purchase for me.
- Boscia - Revitalizing Black Hydration Gel - liked this but probably won't buy anytime soon.
- Soap & Glory Clarity Face Soap - Can't explain how much I love this. I've bought a million and wish Sephora still carried the larger size.
- Benefit Stay Don't Stray Eyeshadow & Concealer Primer - I had this for awhile and bought the larger size of this. I wish I hadn't. I have other primers I reach for way more. This creases too much for my liking.
- Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes
- Kirkland Daily Facial Cleansing Towelettes - These were horrible for my sensitive skin. Ugh if I didn't wash my face IMMEDIATELY after my skin would burn so badly.
- Secret Outlast - Sport Fresh
Bleh, I am impressed you managed to get through the Costco wipes! My skin is usually very tolerant of new products but I had to quit these after 2 days because they made both my mom and I have terribly red, blotchy skin. I don't know what is in those things but it's awful!
I hated them so much... it was so painful to finish them! I literally had to force myself to use them just so I could get them out of my cabinet. Ugh. Trust me it was not easy!
I'll have to ask my mom if she ended up finishing them or tossing them, she didn't want to throw them out immediately, so she was rinsing them off first, then using them like disposable washcloths with her own face scrub, haha.
Well, if those cleansing wipes don't work for you, you can try use them as a quick freshener for other things. When there's no time to shower, apparently Brad Pitt ward off the stinks by swiping baby wipes in the underarm region. I'm sure you can do the same with cleansing wipes. I haven't tried it, but after I'm done toning my face, sometimes I would wipe the still damp cotton pad over the more oily or sweaty areas like the cleavage or underarm. =X
Cleaning up with baby wipes is commonly known as a "camp shower" and is as the term suggests, great if you are out camping, hiking, or otherwise unable to access a shower. I like to keep baby wipes on hand just for that, its especially good being out in the country because sometimes it takes a couple days for them to get the power back on after a bad storm.
Haha, I do that too with the cotton pad, it's kind of refreshing when it's been hot out and if I am sweaty and my cat comes to cuddle I end up with cat fur stuck to me. Gross. I don't need to look like I have black chest hairs or something!
I saw a tutorial on Birchbox and they used the primer to conceal undereye circles, so that's what I started doing (being a newbie to primers). However, after a few uses, I noticed that the skin there was getting REALLY DRY. I had to pile on the eye cream down there for me not to look twice my age.
I feel taken advantage of.