I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.
too bad i can;t add my godiva chocolate wrappers to the list..
loveeee the shampoo, especially now that i have a shower filter i'm sooo glad i went back and used this stuff again... my hair has missed it. I will def rebuy(yet again!) after i use up everything else.
I know how silly the evian in a can is.. my boyfriend wont let me forget it lol. He'll encourage the rest of my makeup hoarding but he loves poking fun at me for the evian.. i love it... i loved it even more when my power went out two nights ago... florida heat... needless to say i had an unintentional empty lol.
loveeee the stress relief line from bath and body works... yup my entire under my sick area is filled up with replacements... totally need to add more when black friday rolls around.
I used up about 20 of the bumble n bumble shampoo samples, 2 deluxe murad cleansers, my shisedo makeup remover, 2 deluxe tarte oil, sample of murad eye cream, and a few samples of clinque acne cleanser
This WEEK's empties. Kinda proud that I'm using a lot of samples up! And no purchases this week either - YAY!
From Front to Back, Left to Right:
- Make Up For Ever Powder Foundation in 118,120,125,155
- First Aid Beauty - Ultra Repair Cream
- Josie Maran Argan Matchmaker Serum Foundation - Ugh I took this off my skin in 5 minutes. Did not like how it felt and my skin had a slight reaction to it (which is odd because the Argan Oil doesn't bother me)
- Marc Jacobs - Genius Gel Foundation in 26 Bisque Medium and Concealer Pen in #1 Rendezvous
- Fekkai Glossing Cream - Actually really liked this. Will buy when I get the next 20% off at Ulta.
- Em Cosmetics - Blush and three eyeshadow sample in "Out to Lunch" - I really hated how chalky these are. I also don't like how everything is so close together in the palettes, I would end up mixing all the colors together. Won't buy.
- Bath & Body Works Shea Cashmere Hand Cream - Secret Wonderland - LOVED this. Definitely buying a new one! If you have any favorite scents I should check out, let me know.
- Bumble and Bumble Surf Foam Wash Shampoo and Creme Rinse Conditioner - Had the best hair day of the month after using this. These are a must purchase for me.
- Boscia - Revitalizing Black Hydration Gel - liked this but probably won't buy anytime soon.
- Soap & Glory Clarity Face Soap - Can't explain how much I love this. I've bought a million and wish Sephora still carried the larger size.
- Benefit Stay Don't Stray Eyeshadow & Concealer Primer - I had this for awhile and bought the larger size of this. I wish I hadn't. I have other primers I reach for way more. This creases too much for my liking.
- Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes
- Kirkland Daily Facial Cleansing Towelettes - These were horrible for my sensitive skin. Ugh if I didn't wash my face IMMEDIATELY after my skin would burn so badly.
- Secret Outlast - Sport Fresh
Bleh, I am impressed you managed to get through the Costco wipes! My skin is usually very tolerant of new products but I had to quit these after 2 days because they made both my mom and I have terribly red, blotchy skin. I don't know what is in those things but it's awful!
I hated them so much... it was so painful to finish them! I literally had to force myself to use them just so I could get them out of my cabinet. Ugh. Trust me it was not easy!
I'll have to ask my mom if she ended up finishing them or tossing them, she didn't want to throw them out immediately, so she was rinsing them off first, then using them like disposable washcloths with her own face scrub, haha.
Well, if those cleansing wipes don't work for you, you can try use them as a quick freshener for other things. When there's no time to shower, apparently Brad Pitt ward off the stinks by swiping baby wipes in the underarm region. I'm sure you can do the same with cleansing wipes. I haven't tried it, but after I'm done toning my face, sometimes I would wipe the still damp cotton pad over the more oily or sweaty areas like the cleavage or underarm. =X
Cleaning up with baby wipes is commonly known as a "camp shower" and is as the term suggests, great if you are out camping, hiking, or otherwise unable to access a shower. I like to keep baby wipes on hand just for that, its especially good being out in the country because sometimes it takes a couple days for them to get the power back on after a bad storm.
Haha, I do that too with the cotton pad, it's kind of refreshing when it's been hot out and if I am sweaty and my cat comes to cuddle I end up with cat fur stuck to me. Gross. I don't need to look like I have black chest hairs or something!
I saw a tutorial on Birchbox and they used the primer to conceal undereye circles, so that's what I started doing (being a newbie to primers). However, after a few uses, I noticed that the skin there was getting REALLY DRY. I had to pile on the eye cream down there for me not to look twice my age.
I feel taken advantage of.
I really liked it at the time, enough to buy a full size. But since I've tried other primers, I've noticed how much this one creases for me. Hopefully it doesn't do the same for you!
@prosopon It wasn't extremely conditioning so if that's what you're looking for, then it's not this. I was really unsure until I saw the way my hair behaved once it dried. It felt and looked good the next day. I really want to try it out in larger sizes.
Re: Empties[ Edited ]
Boo... the hubby threw away my shoe box full of empties. I have been saving for over a month already. And I am taking part in the Sample/Foil Packet challenge and now that I know how to properly upload photos on BT, I was so excited to post the photos! He said it looked like trash and it was just sitting on the floor so he threw it all away.
You would think I was growing a second head when I was trying to explain things to him. "Yes, honey, all of it was empty, but I was going to take a photo of all of it and put it online, and THEN I was going to throw it away. Technically it would be trash, but not yet because I wanted to show off what all I used lately..."
Lol- he was like you girls take photos of trash to put online??? Men... they just don't get it!
While we were still settling into our new home, my boyfriend decided to go through MY pile & start throwing things out. Some of those "things" were GWP tote bags that I use for odd & ends. When I questions him, his simple response was "how many tote bags do you need?" Obviously a lot LOL!
I would cry if the hubs threw away tote bags and GWP bags. I save each and every single one of them. And yes, I do have a million, but they are all cute and remind me of the purchase that I made to get it. How many tote bags do I need? ALL OF THEM! They need to know not to question us!
Oh- BTW- you were in the middle of building your own vanity. Is it done yet? I am sure a lot of people (ie... mainly me) are curious about it.
I ended up getting the PB Teen Lilac Vanity. 5 drawers... but it seems like the drawers seemed bigger online! At least all of my makeup is in one place. The samples, extra skincare, tote bags, nail polish all still are living in the linen closet. Ahhh... the life of a beauty addict!
I did finish building it. I'll have to remember to post pictures later.
I like the Lilac Vanity, but in the pictures the drawers did look a little small. I wanted the Chelsea, which doesn't look like it hold a lot. :/ I like my temporary fix for now & I'll just keep searching for the one