Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

I actually really like the Ojon hair stuff, but then again I have dry hair and I can skip shampooing all together.

I've always done really well with the rest of the Ojon products that I've purchased in the past, which is why I was so disappointed with this shampoo and conditioner. Oh well, I guess its a good thing in the long run since I'm just sticking with my cheapie shampoos until I can find a high end one that really is worth the price!

Haha! Definitely 🙂

Anonymous Insider

This month I tried really hard to use up some of the million different samples I had lying around, I have a bad habit of hopping from one product to another and never finishing any of them so it was good to see how much room I can make just by using all those samples, haha. 

august1.png

- Philosophy Purity Wipes, these were nice and smelled good. I stocked up on Soap and Glory wipes a bit so I might repurchase these again after

- Nivea antiperspirant, repurchased in the scent I usually buy but they didn't carry it in Mexico so I bought this one

- POREfessional sample card, I accumulate samples of this faster than I could ever use it, I probably have six minis. 

- Urban Decay De Slick and All Nighter sprays, repurchased already. Thought these would last me until I was done in Canada, but I was wrong. 

- Nivea Free Time shower cream, repurchased. It smells so good, starfruit is delicious!

- Opti-Free Replenish contact solution, repurchased. It's been so sunny I've had no choice but to wear contacts almost every day or I will be blinded without sunglasses, haha.

- 4x Lancome Visionnaire packets, I bought like 20 of these on ebay because it was about 1/3 the price of buying a full size. It was an awesome deal. 

- Philosophy Cinnamon Buns sample, nice but I won't buy.

- Alterna Bamboo Shampoo sample, OMG. Will buy. I kind of fell into this thinking that nothing would make my hair look any better, so why spent any money on it, but I know there's a massive difference between drug store and higher end makeup and skincare, why didn't I realize hair would be the same??

- NARS Pore Refining Primer, I don't think this did anything for me.

- AmorePacific Future Response Age Defense Creme, I still have loads of samples of this, but one day I just might shell out for it. I love it as a night cream.

- Bobbi Brown Hydrating Face Cream, NO NO NO. This is the only thing I'm throwing away unfinished. I really hate the smell and I've given it lots of chances the past couple months, it makes me break out, and I don't think anything else did out of a zillion things I used this month. 

- AmorePacific Eye Complex, I don't think this did much for me. Won't buy.

- Boscia SPF 30 moisturizer, light, sinks in quickly, not greasy. Don't love it though, and I have lots of SPF to work through. 

- Caudalie Makeup Removing Cleansing Water, smells really nice, gentle on the skin. Repurchased.

- Caudalie Beauty Elixir, refreshing, smells good, I don't find the plant derived alcohol drying at all to my skin, repurchased.

- Lancome SPF 30 moisturizer, see the Boscia one above

- Caudalie Premier Cru the Eye Cream, I like this a lot, and the golden light reflecting particles are great for my dark circles. Will probably buy when I'm through samples.

- Caudalie Vinosource Eye Rescue, I liked the Premier Cru better.

- Caudalie Vinexpert Firming Serum, I liked this but I have lots of serum samples to use, so no need to purchase for now. 

- Stila Face the Day gel moisturizer, meh. Didn't love, didn't hate.

- Sephora Instant Moisturizer, I liked this more than I thought I would. Might pick some up at some point.

- AmorePacific SPF 30, I liked the oil free formula, but I'm well stocked on sunscreen for now. 

- Korres Greek Yogurt Sleeping Facial, I will probably buy this at some point. I have the Wild Rose for now though.

- Shiseido Advanced Super Restoring Cream, this is too much for my skin, even overnight it would still not be fully absorbed sometimes. Better if you have dry skin I bet. 

- Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Face Polish, I will repurchase this for sure, it smells like peach yogurt and it's a super scrubby exfoliator. 

- Cartier Baiser Vole sample, purchased already. I was running low on my EDT spray pen so I wanted to put off emptying it by using up this sample first. Luckily my mom decided she likes the scent on me better and gave me another spray pen, yay!

Plus all of these. Busy month!

august2.png

Woah! This puts my little pile to shame lol, and that's a lot of deluxe samples I have so many to go through too, I want to finish all my opened jars first though. 

Anonymous Insider

I realized I had a LOT of half used samples, as you can see. I didn't really want to haul them all around across the continent again with me, haha.

Does it look like you'll be back in the US soon?

Anonymous Insider

Should be less than three weeks, two and a half-ish if I'm lucky, but I swear everything that could go wrong has so far so I don't want to get my hopes up for a specific day. The days are going by soooo slowly!

Yay 🙂 I'm sending positive thoughts your way!

Anonymous Insider

Thanks! I can use them, I'm just sitting here imagining everything that could possibly go wrong, haha.

Wow, great work! Thanks for the mini-reviews on all those products as well. I probably would've been too lazy lol

High five, Rikkie! That's some serious emptying you did this month 🙂

Anonymous Insider

Every month will probably feel like a letdown in comparison now, hahaha. 

Wow! That is really impressive! 

Would it be bad for your skin if you use too many products all together like that rikkie?

Anonymous Insider

I only had a problem with the Bobbi Brown. That's it, everything else I just used until it was empty, for a day or two or a week or however long and then moved on and it was fine. I dunno. 

IMG_20130831_022322.jpgI was too lazy to do this all in one post lol so here's the rest. 

Slatkin and Co candles (x2) one in Peach Bellini not sure about the other one... I love these candles nuff said lol. I also love cleaning out the jars and using them for whatever.

Certain Dri AM- may be weird to post this but this is my fav deodorant lol, I'm a sweaty girl and this helps keep me fresh and what not. 

Tokidoki Perfetto Eyeliner - throwing out, its just running really weirdly.

The Sacred Truth Fresh Face mask Lush- I got way more uses out of this one then  most, I liked it enough to maybe get another one lol.

Korres Body Butter in Guava - So proud of myself lol, this may be the first body lotion I've used up 🙂 not repurchasing, so thick and heavy!

The Snowman Philosophy Shower gel - I really like this 😄 but I don't like that it has sulfates 😞 

Josie Maan Argan Oil Hair Serum- this is heavier than just plain argan oil but I think its really sticky didn't like.

YSL Top Secrets Pro Removers - YUCK! So heavily fragranced and made my face sticky :<

Pangea Organics Facial Cleanser Australian Wild plum and willow - I really liked this! More cleaners to go through first though. 

Happy Birthday Beautiful! Philosophy shower gel - see other philosophy shower gel.

Soy Renewal healthysexyhair - I'm finding out I REALLY like hair oils lol, I really liked this one I have a couple more hair oils to use before I decide which one I will buy though. 

pores no more cleaner dr. brandt - bottle of lies! This did nothing for my pores, but its a good cleanser lol.

I find it really funny that not only do we both still have the happy birthday philosophy shower gel, but we both decided to use it up in the same month 😄

Haha  I was thinking that when I saw your post 😛

I heard a lot of good things about the Healthy Sexy hair soy renewal spray so I bought a travel size one on sale at Ulta, but like you I have so many other things to use up that I haven't had a chance to try it yet! 😞

I have a ton of hair oils but I just decided to use it this month!

2 Replies
testing