I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.
Glad you found your way here
Lots of those sample foils being loved! I need to use mine seriously I wonder how long I could go without buying another jar of moisturizer
In between buying new primers and moisturizers, I give them a go. If a certain brand is not working for me, I'll just pass those on to someone or trash them. I went for almost 2 weeks without having to get it once
haha i'm probably good on moisturizer until halfway through next year, just going by foil and deluxe samples! it's too bad they don't give as many eye cream samples, though! that's something i'll have to buy probably in a month or two. but at least it lasts forever
I like to hoard my empties for two months at a time so I feel a little more accomplished when I throw them out! This is (almost) everything from July & August
Pixi Flawless Beauty Primer - did not like. Felt greasy and did not extend the wear of my foundation
Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation Moisturizer - wasn't anything special. It did feel nice and light and easily absorbable but there's no SPF in it and I obviously couldn't tell if there were any brightening benefits from the foil sample.
Deluxe Samples and Travel Size:
Ojon Damage Reverse Shampoo and Conditioner - so gross. I'm really glad I bought the travel size before splurging on the full size. Left my hair with a lot of buildup and feeling disgusting.
Sephora Anti-Shine Primer - Loved, bought full-size
Arganics Argan Oil - got this in a subscription box a while ago and set it aside because Argan Oil is actually listed as one of the last ingredients. Went to use it the other day and it was just really gooey and thick and unusable.
Fresh Sugar Rose - Loved, will repurchase in full size once I go through all my minis (bought the sample pack with all the colors last xmas)
Ole Henricksen Truth Cream - sample lasted 2-3 weeks, used at night because there is no SPF but left my face very shiny so I wouldn't have been able to use it at night anyway. Might have made my skin a little firmer but not enough of a miracle to get me to switch.
Clarisonic Gentle Hydro Cleaner - did not like, felt like it really stripped my face
Up & Up Daily Cleansing Cloths (x2) - these were my go-to for a while but after having issues with the resealable closure on the last 4 packets, I've decided to move on and try something new
Say Yes to Cucumbers Facial Towelettes - these have been hanging around for a while since my face has a horrible reaction to them and I've just been using them as hand wipes
Boscia Clarifying Detox Mask - didn't really feel like it did anything. I much prefer the Origins Activated Charcoal mask.
BBW Butterfly Flower Shower Gel
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion SPF 15 - has been my go-to day time moisturizer for years although lately I've bumped it up to SPF 30
Complex 15 Therapeutic Moisturizing Face Cream - my go-to night time moisturizer
L'Oreal Color Juice Stick (Pink Lemonade) - I've had this for a shamefully long time, but I really enjoyed it. I have no idea if L'Oreal still makes this product, but if they do I would consider repurchasing after I make more of a dent in my lipstick stash
Ulta Professional Eye Primer - this wasn't actually finished, but after trying to go through it for over a year I just gave up and trashed it. No where near as good as the Smashbox eye primer.
MAC Studio Finish Concealer (NW 15) - another product that isn't finished but I'm just giving up on after having it for ~5 years (gross) and never loving it because it wasn't the best match. Had someone at Sephora match me to one of the Tarte concealers and its 1000x better.
Clarisonic Brush head (I think its the regular one)
Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara - I strongly prefer super volumizing mascaras, and I felt like this one really hit the mark with that, but it seemed really dried out when I opened it so it didn't last very long. Not sure if I just got a dud.
Lush Dreamwash Shower Smoothie - I got this to shave my legs with and it was alright, but not my favorite. I do think it would be a really nice body wash for someone with sensitive/dry skin though, which is what it is marketed for.
Bio True Contact Solution (x2) - my favorite
Lush Fair Trade Honey Shampoo & American Cream Conditioner - AWFUL. The saleswoman at Lush told me this would be a wonderful and hydrating combination for dry hair. It was terrible and made my hair feel like straw. The only way I was able to power through both bottles was by combining it with a matrix biolage deep conditioner. On the plus side, I did feel like my the shampoo volumized my hair a bit and made it feel cleaner for longer.
I've always done really well with the rest of the Ojon products that I've purchased in the past, which is why I was so disappointed with this shampoo and conditioner. Oh well, I guess its a good thing in the long run since I'm just sticking with my cheapie shampoos until I can find a high end one that really is worth the price!
This month I tried really hard to use up some of the million different samples I had lying around, I have a bad habit of hopping from one product to another and never finishing any of them so it was good to see how much room I can make just by using all those samples, haha.
- Philosophy Purity Wipes, these were nice and smelled good. I stocked up on Soap and Glory wipes a bit so I might repurchase these again after
- Nivea antiperspirant, repurchased in the scent I usually buy but they didn't carry it in Mexico so I bought this one
- POREfessional sample card, I accumulate samples of this faster than I could ever use it, I probably have six minis.
- Urban Decay De Slick and All Nighter sprays, repurchased already. Thought these would last me until I was done in Canada, but I was wrong.
- Nivea Free Time shower cream, repurchased. It smells so good, starfruit is delicious!
- Opti-Free Replenish contact solution, repurchased. It's been so sunny I've had no choice but to wear contacts almost every day or I will be blinded without sunglasses, haha.
- 4x Lancome Visionnaire packets, I bought like 20 of these on ebay because it was about 1/3 the price of buying a full size. It was an awesome deal.
- Philosophy Cinnamon Buns sample, nice but I won't buy.
- Alterna Bamboo Shampoo sample, OMG. Will buy. I kind of fell into this thinking that nothing would make my hair look any better, so why spent any money on it, but I know there's a massive difference between drug store and higher end makeup and skincare, why didn't I realize hair would be the same??
- NARS Pore Refining Primer, I don't think this did anything for me.
- AmorePacific Future Response Age Defense Creme, I still have loads of samples of this, but one day I just might shell out for it. I love it as a night cream.
- Bobbi Brown Hydrating Face Cream, NO NO NO. This is the only thing I'm throwing away unfinished. I really hate the smell and I've given it lots of chances the past couple months, it makes me break out, and I don't think anything else did out of a zillion things I used this month.
- AmorePacific Eye Complex, I don't think this did much for me. Won't buy.
- Boscia SPF 30 moisturizer, light, sinks in quickly, not greasy. Don't love it though, and I have lots of SPF to work through.
- Caudalie Makeup Removing Cleansing Water, smells really nice, gentle on the skin. Repurchased.
- Caudalie Beauty Elixir, refreshing, smells good, I don't find the plant derived alcohol drying at all to my skin, repurchased.
- Lancome SPF 30 moisturizer, see the Boscia one above
- Caudalie Premier Cru the Eye Cream, I like this a lot, and the golden light reflecting particles are great for my dark circles. Will probably buy when I'm through samples.
- Caudalie Vinosource Eye Rescue, I liked the Premier Cru better.
- Caudalie Vinexpert Firming Serum, I liked this but I have lots of serum samples to use, so no need to purchase for now.
- Stila Face the Day gel moisturizer, meh. Didn't love, didn't hate.
- Sephora Instant Moisturizer, I liked this more than I thought I would. Might pick some up at some point.
- AmorePacific SPF 30, I liked the oil free formula, but I'm well stocked on sunscreen for now.
- Korres Greek Yogurt Sleeping Facial, I will probably buy this at some point. I have the Wild Rose for now though.
- Shiseido Advanced Super Restoring Cream, this is too much for my skin, even overnight it would still not be fully absorbed sometimes. Better if you have dry skin I bet.
- Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Face Polish, I will repurchase this for sure, it smells like peach yogurt and it's a super scrubby exfoliator.
- Cartier Baiser Vole sample, purchased already. I was running low on my EDT spray pen so I wanted to put off emptying it by using up this sample first. Luckily my mom decided she likes the scent on me better and gave me another spray pen, yay!
Plus all of these. Busy month!
Should be less than three weeks, two and a half-ish if I'm lucky, but I swear everything that could go wrong has so far so I don't want to get my hopes up for a specific day. The days are going by soooo slowly!
I only had a problem with the Bobbi Brown. That's it, everything else I just used until it was empty, for a day or two or a week or however long and then moved on and it was fine. I dunno.
I was too lazy to do this all in one post lol so here's the rest.
Slatkin and Co candles (x2) one in Peach Bellini not sure about the other one... I love these candles nuff said lol. I also love cleaning out the jars and using them for whatever.
Certain Dri AM- may be weird to post this but this is my fav deodorant lol, I'm a sweaty girl and this helps keep me fresh and what not.
Tokidoki Perfetto Eyeliner - throwing out, its just running really weirdly.
The Sacred Truth Fresh Face mask Lush- I got way more uses out of this one then most, I liked it enough to maybe get another one lol.
Korres Body Butter in Guava - So proud of myself lol, this may be the first body lotion I've used up not repurchasing, so thick and heavy!
The Snowman Philosophy Shower gel - I really like this but I don't like that it has sulfates
Josie Maan Argan Oil Hair Serum- this is heavier than just plain argan oil but I think its really sticky didn't like.
YSL Top Secrets Pro Removers - YUCK! So heavily fragranced and made my face sticky :<
Pangea Organics Facial Cleanser Australian Wild plum and willow - I really liked this! More cleaners to go through first though.
Happy Birthday Beautiful! Philosophy shower gel - see other philosophy shower gel.
Soy Renewal healthysexyhair - I'm finding out I REALLY like hair oils lol, I really liked this one I have a couple more hair oils to use before I decide which one I will buy though.
pores no more cleaner dr. brandt - bottle of lies! This did nothing for my pores, but its a good cleanser lol.