I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.
Re: Empties[ Edited ]
Lots of empties this month ! I realized that ever since starting this thread I really try and finish something which is awesome and more reason to keep doing this lol.
(Left to Right)
Ojon Instant Restorative Hair Serum- this was really nice and I got like three uses out it! I have huge thick long hear so thats really good!
Benefit Refined finish facial polish- I liked it but not more than Exfolikate.
Benefit Foamingly Clean Facial Wash- meh it did the job and smelled nice
Boscia Oil Free Nightly Hydration- I liked it but I think this would be better for oily skin types.
Boscia Oil Free Daily Hydration- Nice and light for when you feel like you don't need to much moisture
Clarins One Step Gentle Exfoliating Cleaner- I really liked this!! It's on my loves list.
Supersmile Whitening Accelerator - didn't see any difference
Yellow Diamond, Juicy Couture La Fluer, Juicy Couture - I liked them all! Lol, I already have a mini of Yellow Diamond, full sized La Fluer, and this sample reminded me how much I like Juicy Couture! I'll probably get the smallest size during FF
Lancome La Base Pro: It felt nice on my skin and did its job, but I don't think its any better then the Elf mineral primer
Jurlique Fruit Enzyme Exfoliator- I can't remember lol, pretty sure it didn't do anything.
* Estee Lauder Hydrationist Maximum Moisture Cream - okay, came in a set with the night serum I love. I actually did not use this on my face but on my neck.
* Crest 3D white - seemed to get my teeth whiter at first, but then plateau-ed rather quickly. Will not repurchase.
* Dr. Jart+ Black Label Detox bb cream - love, love, love. I have purchased a couple other bb creams to try, but I know I love this one and will go back. Right now I have branched out to mixing bb cream with my foundation.
* Origins Clear Improvement Charcoal mask - I had real high hopes for this, maybe I need to try one more sample (use it for a little longer) before nixing it. I tried it on my T-zone area and I did not really notice any difference in my pores.
* Neutrogena Norwegian formula hand cream - love this! Very cheap (less than four dollars), the fragrance free is better than the original, I have already purchased two full sized tubes.
* Caudalie premier cru eye cream - I purchased the full size before I finished the sample, it was very hydrating (but not too hydrating where I am left with oily under eyes) and though it was very expensive, it has lasted me almost a year, I probably will not repurchase only because I am looking for bigger and better improvements in my eye area.
* Opti-Free Replenish solution - free from eye doctor, geez the solutions are so expensive nowadays!
* Simple eye makeup remover - seemed to irritate my eyes, still looking for the perfect eye makeup remover
* Mary Kay Timewise age fighting eye cream - okay, just trying to get through samples I have accumulated.
* Whish deoderant swipe - got in my birchbox, it is a neat idea, the scent has a fresh flowery smell, it actually worked in keeping me dry on a hot day, and I guess you pay for convenience, right now I can not afford convenience for my arm pits!
* LA Fresh Instant body smoother wet wipe - I liked this, it is like a refresher on a day (or time) when you get a little sweaty and cannot get into the shower. Better than a handi-wipe because it does not dry you out, will definitely purchase.
Picture of empties before I cut open the tubes to get the last bits out.
- Clinique Moisture Surge. Like this, already got another mini.
- Sephora express nail polish remover: was on sale for $1, so I grabbed 4.
- Shiseido white luscent eye cream: nice but not that special.
- Clinique mascara: does make my lashes look long without weighing it down. Interesting wand.
- Origins ginger souffle body cream: can't stop sniffing it. So good.
- Koh Gen Do cleansing water: finished with the help of curious ladies for Traveling sephora boxe. lol.
I have tried Clinique yellow lotion, not lotion+. However, the lotion contains mineral oil if I remember correctly, therefore I'm not getting it. I have dry/combination skin and uses moisture surge right now. Once winter comes, I don't think the lotion or moisture surge will be good unless you have oily skin. If you have dry/combo, try OH Sheer Transformation, a facial oil, or one of the Origins moisturizers.
It's the end of August and my shoebox of empties is overflowing! Did some serious damage this month
Simple Wipes- have lots of backups, love
Philosophy Happy Birthday Beautiful Shower Gel
B&BW Citrus Crush Hand Soap
B&BW Anti-Bac Hand Gel in Sweet Pea, Sun-Ripened Raspberry and Crisp Citrus Herb
Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Toner- I have backups of this, but will probably not purchase any more. I think this dries out my skin.
Body Shop Vitamin E Intense Moisture Cream- great moisturizer, but definitely better for the winter/fall months- a little heavy in the summer. I have backups.
Cranberry Pear Bellini Mini Candle
B&BW Wild Honeysuckle Shower Gel- probably my all-time favorite scent from B&BW
Neutrogena Visibly Bright Cleanser
RenPure Brazilian Keratin Shampoo/Conditioner
Shiseido Pore Purifying Warming Scrub- did not impress me at all, considering the cost
Clinique Clarifying Lotion- ew, pure alcohol much?
Cashmere Curls Leave In Conditioner
Benefit Hello Flawless
Sephora Foundation Sample
Murad Post-Acne Spot Lightening Gel- not impressed at all
Neutrogena Healthy Lengths Mascara
Stila Forever Your Curl Mascara
Urban Decay Cannonball Mascara- loved and definitely will repurchase. Holy grail mascara, ladies.
Clinique Almost Lipstick in Flirty Honey- WOAH I managed to use up a lipstick!
Clean & Clear Daily Pore Scrub
DDF Acne Control Treatment- loved, already have full-size
MUFE Microfinish Powder- really pleased with the finish this gives, will consider repurchasing
100% Pure Body Creams in Coconut and Vanilla Bean-
thought I had died and gone to heaven when I smelled the Coconut. If I ever get through my lotion stash, most definitely will repurchase.
Benefit Foamingly Clean Facial Wash
Benefit Refined Finish Facial Polish- LOVED. Definitely planning to purchase.
Joanna Vargas Daily Serum
I got three sample packets of 100% pure body creams in my Birchbox and omg! I LOVED it! I'm trying not to buy and more body lotion till I use up what I already have though. Can't wait. lol
I am obsessed with 100% pure scents! I got the vanilla in my birch box and bought a full size as its the most amazing vanilla smell that has touched my nose hah. I like that it's organic too, for something that I'm putting all over my skin. Thinking about trying the hand cream... Maybe in the almond scent... I saw it in the sample area at my Ulta once but haven't seen it again! At least I got a sniff though... I'm waiting for a weekly special I like since they have good deals to try a lot of products.
Seriously, I could have licked my skin after applying that stuff it smelled so delicious! It had a really great non-greasy, thick consistency too
I see the line on Ulta's website, but I'm not sure I've noticed it in stores either! Beautydotcom has it too.
This Organic Honey Almond Body Scrub is SO calling my name:
I love this thread! It is helping me to document my empties so I do not have to keep them for long periods of time. Also, with the short descriptions (yay or nay) it helps me to remember what I have liked and not liked.
Here are my mid August empties!
-Phyto phytojoba shampoo - it was nice, but for the price I need "wow!"
-DDF ultra-lite oil free moisturizing dew - love! Perfect for my skin in the summer, I already have another (wish Sephora still carried it!)
-Yes to Cucumbers facial towelettes - got some on clearance at Target, I like it for make up in general but I noticed that it stung my eyes a little bit, so I will be looking for another brand for my eyes sake.
-Korres Provitatim B5 & Rice Bran mascara - got it in a set of some sort, kind of a dry formula, flaked, and it irritated my eyes, will not repurchase
-Maybelline Full 'N Soft mascara - already have a replacement, perfect for my sensitive eyes (it is a good basic mascara, I need to find a better (more volumizing/lengthening) one for sensitive eyes)
-Covergirl Natural lash mascara (clear) - just for my brows
-Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye cream - it is nice, I wouldn't say fabulous like their night face serum, still looking for the best eye cream.
-(not pictured - I forgot it) Mary Kay age fighting eye cream - I have a few Mary Kay foil samples that I am using up, it was just an okay eye cream
Great job, Prosopon! I used to use YesTo Cucumbers face towels too but have recently switched to Ponds -- which I seem to like even more (thicker and more textured towels!) I haven't tried them on my eyes, so I can't comment on that aspect.
OK, some of the highlights:
- The Nordstrom bag is full of sample packets- a few inches deep
- 27 body wash/bath products of 4oz or more, 5 samples/travel size (however, I've been making an effort here)
- 20oz of nail polish remover (and I've almost kicked 8oz bottle #3)
- 1 bottle of brush cleaner
- 10 packets of makeup removing wipes
- 7 sleeves of exfoliating cotton rounds (more to come soon)
- 2 packages of Shiseido facial cotton (and #3 soon to be finished)
- 1 bottle of top coat (2 more pending), 1 bottle of base coat (another pending)
- 1 full-sized primer (that took forever)
- 1 tube of self-tanner
- 1 tube of lotion
- 3 bottles of perfume
- 1 eye cream (#2 is literally on its last legs)
- 3 foundations
- 4 pressed powder (multiple were on their last legs for awhile)
- 14 lip balms, 1 lip gloss, 1 lip primer
- 4 full-sized concealers
- 2 eyeliners
- pile of mascara- probably 50% of that is stuff that simply got too old.
Re: Empties[ Edited ]
@wendyomgwar- it is CRAZY satisfying to see that I can fill up a shoebox worth of empty products every month! It also makes me feel slightly better about my buying habits... hah.
I think I just tend to jump from product to product and never use anything up and then they expire :< so doing these empties post helps me make sure that I definitely do use up stuff!