Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

I am pretty sure I am dry/combo and DDL is not moisturizing enough in the winter. Thanks for the suggestions!

It's the end of August and my shoebox of empties is overflowing! Did some serious damage this month 🙂

Simple Wipes- have lots of backups, love 🙂

Cotton Rounds

Philosophy Happy Birthday Beautiful Shower Gel

B&BW Citrus Crush Hand Soap

B&BW Anti-Bac Hand Gel in Sweet Pea, Sun-Ripened Raspberry and Crisp Citrus Herb

Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Toner- I have backups of this, but will probably not purchase any more. I think this dries out my skin.

Body Shop Vitamin E Intense Moisture Cream- great moisturizer, but definitely better for the winter/fall months- a little heavy in the summer. I have backups.

Cranberry Pear Bellini Mini Candle

B&BW Wild Honeysuckle Shower Gel- probably my all-time favorite scent from B&BW 🙂 

Neutrogena Visibly Bright Cleanser

RenPure Brazilian Keratin Shampoo/Conditioner

Shiseido Pore Purifying Warming Scrub- did not impress me at all, considering the cost

Clinique Clarifying Lotion- ew, pure alcohol much? 

Cashmere Curls Leave In Conditioner

Benefit Hello Flawless

Sephora Foundation Sample

Murad Post-Acne Spot Lightening Gel- not impressed at all

Neutrogena Healthy Lengths Mascara

Stila Forever Your Curl Mascara

Urban Decay Cannonball Mascara- loved and definitely will repurchase. Holy grail mascara, ladies.

Clinique Almost Lipstick in Flirty Honey-  WOAH I managed to use up a lipstick!

Clean & Clear Daily Pore Scrub

DDF Acne Control Treatment- loved, already have full-size

MUFE Microfinish Powder- really pleased with the finish this gives, will consider repurchasing

100% Pure Body Creams in Coconut and Vanilla Bean-
thought I had died and gone to heaven when I smelled the Coconut. If I ever get through my lotion stash, most definitely will repurchase.

Benefit Foamingly Clean Facial Wash

Benefit Refined Finish Facial Polish- LOVED. Definitely planning to purchase.

Joanna Vargas Daily Serum

I got three sample packets of 100% pure body creams in my Birchbox and omg! I LOVED it! I'm trying not to buy and more body lotion till I use up what I already have though. Can't wait. lol

I am obsessed with 100% pure scents! I got the vanilla in my birch box and bought a full size as its the most amazing vanilla smell that has touched my nose hah. I like that it's organic too, for something that I'm putting all over my skin. Thinking about trying the hand cream... Maybe in the almond scent... I saw it in the sample area at my Ulta once but haven't seen it again! At least I got a sniff though... I'm waiting for a weekly special I like since they have good deals to try a lot of products.

Seriously, I could have licked my skin after applying that stuff it smelled so delicious! It had a really great non-greasy, thick consistency too 🙂

I see the line on Ulta's website, but I'm not sure I've noticed it in stores either! Beautydotcom has it too.

This Organic Honey Almond Body Scrub is SO calling my name:

100%honeyalmond.png

I love this thread! It is helping me to document my empties so I do not have to keep them for long periods of time.  Also, with the short descriptions (yay or nay) it helps me to remember what I have liked and not liked.

Here are my mid August empties!

image.jpg

-Phyto phytojoba shampoo - it was nice, but for the price I need "wow!"

-DDF ultra-lite oil free moisturizing dew - love! Perfect for my skin in the summer, I already have another (wish Sephora still carried it!)

-Yes to Cucumbers facial towelettes - got some on clearance at Target, I like it for make up in general but I noticed that it stung my eyes a little bit, so I will be looking for another brand for my eyes sake.

-Korres Provitatim B5 & Rice Bran mascara - got it in a set of some sort, kind of a dry formula, flaked, and it irritated my eyes, will not repurchase

-Maybelline Full 'N Soft mascara - already have a replacement, perfect for my sensitive eyes (it is a good basic mascara, I need to find a better (more volumizing/lengthening) one for sensitive eyes)

-Covergirl Natural lash mascara (clear)  - just for my brows

-Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye cream - it is nice, I wouldn't say fabulous like their night face serum, still looking for the best eye cream.

-(not pictured - I forgot it) Mary Kay age fighting eye cream - I have a few Mary Kay foil samples that I am using up, it was just an okay eye cream

Great job, Prosopon! I used to use YesTo Cucumbers face towels too but have recently switched to Ponds -- which I seem to like even more (thicker and more textured towels!) 🙂  I haven't tried them on my eyes, so I can't comment on that aspect.

I second the Ponds towels, holy crap do they get everything off! It's what I use to take my Halloween makeup off and works perfectly. 

I am totally open for suggestions. Thanks, I will check those out.

sevenmonthempty.jpg

OK, some of the highlights:

• The Nordstrom bag is full of sample packets- a few inches deep
  • 27 body wash/bath products of 4oz or more, 5 samples/travel size (however, I've been making an effort here)
  • 20oz of nail polish remover (and I've almost kicked 8oz bottle #3)
  • 1 bottle of brush cleaner
  • 10 packets of makeup removing wipes
  • 7 sleeves of exfoliating cotton rounds (more to come soon)
  • 2 packages of Shiseido facial cotton (and #3 soon to be finished)
  • 1 bottle of top coat (2 more pending), 1 bottle of base coat (another pending)
  • 1 full-sized primer (that took forever)
  • 1 tube of self-tanner
  • 1 tube of lotion
  • 3 bottles of perfume
  • 1 eye cream (#2 is literally on its last legs)
  • 3 foundations
  • 4 pressed powder (multiple were on their last legs for awhile)
  • 14 lip balms, 1 lip gloss, 1 lip primer
  • 4 full-sized concealers
  • 2 eyeliners
  • pile of mascara- probably 50% of that is stuff that simply got too old.

That's awesome starletta!! Can't wait to see it at the end of the year!

I seriously need to start holding empties, even if just for a month and then tossing them out! I really feel great using the products and then seeing a couple stacked up! 

@wendyomgwar- it is CRAZY satisfying to see that I can fill up a shoebox worth of empty products every month! It also makes me feel slightly better about my buying habits... hah.

I think I just tend to jump from product to product and never use anything up and then they expire :< so doing these empties post helps me make sure that I definitely do use up stuff!

It's ok I think we're all guilty of that 😉

Holy smokes! Empties galore -- keep it up, gal! 🙂

Anonymous Insider

This amazes me. Great post!

Thanks, I'm learning a lot already (ie, just suck it up and buy the 32oz bottle of Zoya remover, you'll use it in a year), and I've already cut back on the number of bath products, believe it or not. I had to move all of that to my home. Ugh.

Anonymous Insider

I am in a weird transition phase moving in 2 weeks to a new apartment where I'm staying for 4.5 months before moving in with my boyfriend, so I'm trying really hard to use up what I have and not buy new things that will just get carted place to place... This motivates me! My big goal: I must get rid of all the shampoo and conditioners and body wash and exfoliants and so on I have used half of over all the years and then just invest in the good stuff 🙂

Anonymous Insider

@starletta8,

That is very impressive 🙂  You're definitely keeping in line with your goal.

I however would freak out with that much trash in the house. I totally understand what you're attempting to do but I'd never be able to join in. I don't think I'd be able to sleep. (I have serious OCD issues). Just imagining those ripped open foil sample packets is disturbing.

LOL, that's why it lives neatly stacked in a shopping bag- which has a spot in the organized closet.

I don't plan on doing this in 2014, but I really wanted to get my hands around what I can use, and what I throw away (ahem mascara).

3 Replies
testing