Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Anonymous Insider

Re: Empties

Great point with the mascara. I have many formulas that I really like and I used to always have several tubes open at once. Then I realized how foolish that was since it's an absolute safety must to ditch them by the 3 month point.

I feel the same way about wand style lip glosses too. I once had at least 20 shades of NARS going at once but it just seems nasty to keep them too long and none ever got used even half way.

Lots of things are fun to collect but mascara and lipgloss (anything where you re-dip the applicator) just NO.

Anonymous Insider

Wow, I'm so interested to see the end of the year post! 😄 I hope I can keep all my empties for this month, I'm curious to see!

I have a number of products that I'm babying to last until the 12th (ie my eye cream- I've been only using it at night and the Origins cream during the day), and I can see glass on my night cream. I also refilled some bottles, etc.

Anonymous Insider

@wendyomgwar--

Great idea for a board. Sadly you won't see much of me here. I rarely finish anything besides toothpaste and eyedrops 😞

I do pass a lot of things on though. I seem to have plenty of friends and family who don't mind acquiring semi-used products. I actually keep a supply of small colored gift bags for packing guests up when they leave. OMG- I just realized how weird that is. People come over for dinner and leave with used swag instead of leftovers.

That's totally not weird! So many of my friends got into makeup just by going through some of my things that I didn't want any more or rarely ever used! 

I do the same thing as well!!! I call it my Sephora Grab Bag. I put some foil packets, perfume samples, and deluxe samples that I have multiple of, or ones that I will not use in a medium size Sephora bag as a grab bag for friends and family. Every time I have a girlfriend over, she gets to reach into that bag and grab as many samples as she wants.

I have another bag full of gently used items that I pass on as well. My family members and a few close friends don't mind products that I swatched or used a couple times and don't want it anymore or don't like. My littlest sister doesn't even buy makeup. She always waits to go through my Grab Bag and the bag of used makeup to get her fix.

Totally not weird, I do the same thing. And people LOVE it!

I should haul out my "first seven months of 2013" empties for one massive shot. I've filled a large Container Store shopping bag (the large paper ones- the mega-sized ones- for those that are familiar).

For the 3 people who haven't heard my story, I'm not a hoarder. This was a new years' resolution to track just how much product I use in a year so that I'm mostly buying what I need and can realistically use, not just everything that I want.  Yes, I'm Rouge. But I do use a lot of product, and had to switch to cream shadows after a lifetime of powder this year. I have a spot in a walk-in closet (I'm lucky enough to have 3 in my condo) for a shopping bag or two of empty containers.

Well i'm so excited that i have Empties! I was looking through my bathroom and was able to come across these!!! 

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

After taking the picture i remembered i used up my ExfoliKate a few weeks ago!

-Korres Shower Gel in Guava

-Soap and Glory 3-1 Face Wash

-Ole Henrikson Walnut Scrub

-Tarte Maracuja Oil

-Sephora Creamy Body Wash Cap in Green Tea

-Ole Henrikson Truth Serum

-Murad Exfoliating Acne Treatment

-Kate SomerVille ExfoliKate

-Biolage Condition Balm

Gel douche hehehehe I know it means shower in french i will still laugh though! I'm gonna have a deluxe sample of the same thing empty by the end of the month! COMMITMENT!

How did you like the Truth Serum arielaaaaaaaa?

I loved it! I got it in a OH 500 point perk months and months ago! And never used it because i thought it was primarily for like aging skin, but when i read more about it i realized it could help with hyper pigmentation so i used it! It spreads so nicely and absorbs fast! Smells good and i saw some lightening of acne scars! I will most likely buy the full size and use it for the morning since i have purchased a different serum for night time. I highly recommend it for anyone wanting to brighten their skin. 

Sounds good to me, I'm having issues with acne scarring right now! I've been using the Murad Spot Lightening Gel, but I don't think it works very well on me. I have a 100 point perk of the Truth Serum I need to dig out from my stash 🙂 Thanks for the reply!

No problem! I've been dying to try the Murad Spot Lightening Gel! But there are such mixed reviews!

You know a product is good if you cut open the packaging! LOL

Haha i do it on everything! I have to use up every last bit! And there was soooo much left in there that i couldn't squeeze out! I got another 4-5 uses out of it!

I need to start cutting open my Nars smudge proof primer. You'd think more companies would learn from Urban Decay's old primer potion packaging! haha

Lol I hated the old packaging!! I had to cut open the tube! 

I'm so bad... I never have empties 😞 I always seem to move onto a new product before I can finish another 

Terrible, I know! 

That's what I did for last yr, so right now I'm still finishing half used products from last yr. =X

Anonymous Insider

I actually manage to finish off a lot of things, I even manage to finish off a nail polish and a lipstick last week. I've never finished either of those things before.

Anonymous Insider

@GGrace-- That is truely impressive, nail polish AND lipstick 🙂

9 Replies
testing