Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Anonymous Insider

Re: Empties

I know! I can't believe that actually happened and it probably wont happen again for a very long time, if ever

Anonymous Insider

I used to be like that but then the cabinet I keep my makeup and skincare stash was overflowing. That made me decide to keep only one of each type of product out at a time so to use something else I either have to finish that one or switch it out with my stash. It helped me figure out what I actually like because those things never got switched out but used up and the repurchased

I'm definitely like that! So I just got it in my head that I HAVE to use up stuff before I can buy more, point blank. Mainly for non cosmetic stuff though lol.

I always say that... but it never works 😞 

Hide things from yourself lol, in my shower I only have two body washes, both which are almost gone and only one conditioner and shampoo so that I'll finish them before I start using other stuff.

I already have one empty for next time woohoo :)!

Anonymous Insider

I do too! I just finished off a body butter last night from The Body Shop

I love using up stuff! It feels so rewarding lol

Anonymous Insider

I try to use up as much as I can too justify my makeup purchases, but I still buy way more than I use up

I think we all have that problem here 😕 lol

I've used up my devacurl conditioner in the regular sized bottle, and I just purchased the 32 oz because I love it so much! 

Anonymous Insider

Deva curl is my favorite, I keep getting samples everytime I make an order just so I can have them for travel

Anonymous Insider

I love Devacurl too.  It works really well for my hair.  And I've noticed that my color lasts longer now that I use the no poo.  

Awesome! I've heard great things about Devacurl I'll definitely have to check it out!

I'll join in on the fun!

image.jpg

Murad acne body wash - worked at first then stopped and I started getting big acne welts, not repurchasing

John Frieda Frizz-Ease dream curls spray - love, love love, already have back up

Satin Care shave gel - okay, found something better that makes my legs feel silky smooth for days after; surprisingly it is Johnson's baby oil body wash w/ shea and cocoa butter

Blink eye drops - a must for my dry eyes, already have back up

Whish shaving lotion - okay, smelled like blueberries, not purchasing

Sephora intensive instant moisture - my face is very particular, it was very fragrant so I decided not to risk it on my face and just used it for my hands, very moisturizing but not worth the price for my hands.

Fragrance samples (Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giola and Michael Kors Gold) - I liked them both, thinking about them in the future

Estee Lauder Advanced night repair serum - another love, I will repurchase after I go through other serum samples I have.

I keep hearing great things about the John Frieda Frizz-Ease line I must check it out!

Yes. The products for straight and curly/wavy hair are all great.

*Drags photo over from other thread*

Ulta Shower Smoothie in Tangerine Dream

Bath & Body Works Peony and Berry Vanilla Shower Gels

Bath & Body Works Body Lotion in Candy Apple

(won't be repurchasing anything body wash or lotion related- I have enough for a year (or two), and need to use up my stash!)

Simple Exfoliating Wipes- love these, having been using for a long time and have backups!

Wei To Go Ideal Skin Perfect Finish (CC Cream)- love, already have repurchased

Tresemme Split Remedy Serum- won't repurchase, didn't do much

Clinique Liquid Facial Soap- ok, but I want something with salicylic acid

Body Shop Peppermint Smoothing Pumice Foot Scrub- wasn't any grittier than the other scrubs I own, and frankly I don't like peppermint

Beauty Protector Leave In Conditioner- didn't do much

Bumble & Bumble Thickening Shampoo/Conditioner- ok, won't be repurchasing

Organix Argan Oil and Shea Butter Mask- smells absolutely divine but didn't do anything special for my hair sadly

Wasn't really a month for trying out a lot of samples, but I was happy to get rid of a lot of full-size items!

I'm with you, I've told myself I absolutely can not buy any more lotions shower gels or exfoliators until I use mine ALL up. And really glad to know about the Organix Argan Oil Mask I was thinkign about trying it out.

Solidarity sister! I'm going on 7 months of no purchases of body products, and I'm finally starting to make a little room in the storage bins for these items! I have a serious candle hoarding problem too.

My hair is extremely particular. Until very recently, I had not found any products (and I've experimented quite a bit) that really were amazing for my hair. I wouldn't take my advise to heart- just because it didn't work for me doesn't mean it won't work for you!

I'm going on an absolute no buy until I use up everything! I'm gonna be strong lol I should probably do that for candles too... I honestly have way too many I've used up two though 😄 that counts for something

3 Replies
testing