I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.
First time posting in empties but hoping this will motivate me to work through my stash to account for all the make-up splurges I went on last year!
Like: Clinique Repairwear Intensive Eye Cream, Sephora brush it off cleansing brush wipes and Sephora Colorful Blush in No. 5 Sweet on You.
No dislikes so that's great!
I bow to the amount of empties some of you ladies have! Here's my meager offerings for January. I have no idea why my photos are uploading upside down. When I open them up on my computer they're right side up.
Erborian Waterlock bamoboo Mask: light and left my skin feeling hydrated and soft. Smells good too.
Sephora face cottons: I actually like these just as much as Shiseido. Sacrilege, I know. They aren't as soft, by the edges are nicely finished, and they're slightly smaller, so I feel like I'm wasting less.
Nude Detox Fizzy Powder Wash: Love the fizzing action. I'll probably purchase the sensitive version because this was was a bit too much for me.
Urban Decay eye primer
Josie Maran Argan matchmaker Serum Foundation- this is a tentative love. It felt SO good on my face. It didn't change color very quickly however. (This stuff goes on white and is supposed to change to your skin color). I had a white cast for about an hour. I'm chalking it up to the fact that my sample was the medium shade, and I am most definitely a light. I need to get a sample of the light one.
Bath and Body Works Freshwater Cucumber shower gel- nice fresh scent.
Sephora Pearl Mask- not sure it had much effect, plus the sheet is way too big for my face, so it flops up on the sides the whole time I'm wearing it.
Ren Rosa Centifolia 3 in 1 cleansing water- smells great, but I have zero uses for a cleansing water I can't use on my eye area. Stings.
Ren active 7 eye gel- nothing really wrong with this, but I don't think it had any effect.
Lush Bubblegum lip scrub- love the scent and taste. I'm soooo disappointed in this. Everyone raves about it, but mine was so dry. It was like putting dry sugar on my lips. I couldn't even scrub because it just fell off my lips. I wonder if I got a bum pot?
Re: Empties[ Edited ]
Just a few deluxe size empties this month:
Glamglow thirstymud: Love! I love the scent of it, and it feels really calming on my dry winter skin.
Glamglow Youthmud Daily Exfoliating Cleanser: It was nice but I probably won't spend that much on a cleanser.
Shaveworks Pearl Souffle shave cream: also liked, but I find the EOS shave cream to be just as nice.
Ojon rareblend deep conditioner: smelled great, and it didn't weigh my hair down. Would repurchase, but I'm usually a 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner kinda girl.
Wen Sixthirteen Ultra nourishing cleansing conditioner- my cousin gave this to me, Wen products generally don't work for my hair and this was no different. It just felt icky and I don't think it washed out completely no matter how long I rinsed for. Made my hair look greasy.
First time empties poster as well! Jan 2016 full sized products that I used or are past their prime:
Deluxe Sizes and foils:
DE T.L.C Serum
CG Full Bloom Lash Mascara
Beauty Blender Pro - just wish it lasted longer then 3 months
Bosica Makeup Break-up cleansing oil
OH Truth serum
Belif Aqua Bomb
LP Perfect Hair Day
PTR Rose Stem Cell Mask
Clinique Moisture surge - why did you have to break me out???
It Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye corrector - not creamy enough
SR Good Genes - not life changing
Dr. Brant Pore Dermabrasion - didn't seem to do much for my skin
Glamglow flashmud - nice but I like other things
Murad Cleansing oil - have ones I like more
Ren Evermatte moisturizer - didn't keep me terribly matte
Make Up Forever Mascara - brush kept poking me in the eye no matter what I did
Body Shop coconut cream body scrub - kill.it.with.fire.
Benifit Air Patrol - I didn't know my eyeshadow could crease so fast!
Fresh Rose Mask - made my skin burn :/
MDSolarSciences Daily Moisturizer - left me feeling greasy and dirty
Re: Empties[ Edited ]
First Empties post in this thread. I wish I participated earlier
* I usually add empty toothpaste/supplements/ eye solution, because it helps me figure out my budget and spending cycles.
* (BU) = Already have Back-up
* Unmentioned items are just okay.
LOVES (Will, or have repurchased):
- Dior Capture Totale DreamSkin (Yeah. Until I read the price tag)
- Thayers Witch Hazel Toner- Rose Petal (BU)
- Bioderma Cleansing Water (BU)
- Soap&Glory Breakfast Smoothie Scrub (Love the maple smell. Leaves skin super soft! Will probably repurchase once I’m through with my scrub stash)
- Opti-Free Replenish (BU. Renu doesn’t work for me.)
- Sephora Kiss Me Balm (BU. Was disappointed in the Creme Brulee, but I like the rest)
- Lancome Definicils Mascara (BU, but will use up other samples first before touching full size)
- Stila Liquid Eyeliner (Already using new one)
- REN Flash Rinse 1 Minute Facial (I’m liking Ren products so far, except for the Glycolic Lactic mask which broke me out )
- Paula’s Choice 1% BHA Lotion (Like this a lot. Will probably buy)
LIKES (Enough to use again someday):
- GlamGlow Thirsty Cleanse (Love the smell + okay cleanser)
- Fresh Sugar Lip Serum Advanced Therapy (Product itself was wonderful but the tube was horrible. Like a catsup tube it was.)
- Tucker Ashley Moisturizer (BU. Okay moisturizer, doesn’t break me out. Repurchased when on sale, as my “when my real moisturizer runs out” moisturizer)
- Clio Kill Brow Pencil (Would’ve loved, but Clio pencils always, always breaks midway, so )
- The Saem Natural Honey Mask (A great daily mask. But am looking to branch out)
Whyyy (No thank you, even if it's free):
- Mullein & Sparrow Lip&Cheek Tint (Lovely spicy smell…but made my lips look like I ate 40 plates of Fish&Chips. Barely any color payoff)
- Sephora Smoothing & Brightening Concealer (Color was perfect, but worst creasing ever)
- Origins - GinZing (Didn’t do anything and burned my eyes a bit)
Plus, a few of my empties from the past 4 months :
This is my first empties post! You all inspired me to really get through my stash. So inspired to keep going and posting every month!
Let me know if you have any questions!
Loves (have or will repurchase):
I got the Tatcha masks with the Gilt coupon, they are heavenly and really moisturize my skin in this winter weather. Hoping another coupon comes out soon so I can restock!
Likes (may repurchase):
I had such high hopes for the R+Co Dry Shampoo but it made my scalp itchy and I got a small breakout on my neck from it!
Nice empties. I didn't care for those Temple Spa products at all either. And of course for a period I seemed to KEEP GETTING THEM as my free samples with purchase when ordering from Birchbox.
I too am hoping for another Tatcha code. I did a couple of the sampler boxes so I could try a range of things but am now eyeing the Dewy Skin Mist since it seems to be a favorite here and when I finally had the chance to try it in store I really like it. Of course first I have to use up my Renewed Hope in a Jar Hydrating Mist that I'm quite meh on.
YES, the Temple Spa products just felt so cheap. The conditioner actually dried out my hair!
I've been wondering about the Dewy Skin Mist. I have oily skin so I'm worried it will be almost too dewy, but I may just try out the small size the next time there's a code!
Would definitely repurchase:
(Especially fond of Philosophy's have a cherry Christmas - obsessed with the scent - and B&B Invisible Oil line which I would use constantly if it weren't so darn expensive for the size)
The large tub was a lemon cookie sugar scrub from my former favorite scrub seller who has apparently disappeared completely. This scent wasn't the best but some of the others were so good!
The up & up had similar ingredients to a different one I really like, but this just smelled awful! The grapefruit detox shampoo/conditioner did nothing for me.