Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

what are your thoughts on Pinrose treehouse royal I myself love it and bought a bottle before my sample ran out i had to have this particular perfume on tap 🙂 

The last batch of my March empties.

IMG_3252.JPG

These are the products that are in my daily use so I love them all and would re-buy everything with the exception of the Charlotte Tilbury Magic cream. It goes on with an amazing silky texture with a faint scent but I didn't really see any changes or improvements to my skin so there are many other day creams that would perform the same way without the high cost. 

@oceanics, I was able to try the Shiseido Facial Cottons out and wow. It's like wiping my face with a cloud! I don't buy cotton pads very often, but if I do need to purchase some I will definitely get those. 

XOXO,
Marieke

March empties!

Loves

Screen Shot 2017-04-02 at 8.18.24 PM.png

Spoiler
Klorane Dry Shampoo - natural brunette tint
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Fresh Cut Split End Mender
Philosophy Strawberry Daiquiri Cupcake 3-in-1
Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara
Commodity Gold travel size fragrance
Shaveworks The Cool Fix
Dionis Verbena & Cream hand cream
Japonesque Radiance Primer
Ole Henriksen The Truth Serum
Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Oil
Bioderma Micellar Water
Hourglass Veil primer
Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength peel
Stila Huge Lash mascara

Screen Shot 2017-04-02 at 8.18.37 PM.png

Spoiler
Rita Hazan Weekly Remedy hair mask
Alterna 10-in-1 CC Cream (x2)
Living Proof Timeless Pre-shampoo treatment
Chanel Blue Serum
Guerlain Abeille Royale night cream
Belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb
Lancome Renergie Lift Multi-action
Urban Decay Perversion mascara
Ren Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask
Peter Thomas Roth Anti-again Cleansing Gel
Yes To Tomatoes Detoxifying Charcoal face wipes
Maui Moisture Heal & Hydrate shampoo
Klorane dry shampoo
Anthony Glycolic facial cleanser
Joico K-pak Color Therapy
Boscia White Charcoal Mattifying setting spray
Matrix Mega Sleek shampoo
Pink Sugar body mousse
L'Occitane shower oil
Boscia Purifying cleansing gel
Ole Henriksen PowerBright
StriVectin TL Advanced Tightening Neck Cream
Sum Soap bar soap
GlamGlow GravityMud mask
Elizabeth & James Nirvana Black dry shampoo
Urban Decay B6 prep spray

Didn't Like

Screen Shot 2017-04-02 at 8.18.55 PM.png

Spoiler
Jack Black Grapefruit & Ginger lip balm - love Jack Black lip balms, and this one still works well, but the scent/flavor is way too much for me. I think it's personal preference - I don't like the flavor of grapefruit. Wouldn't use this one again in the future...
Jack Black Turbo Wash hair/body cleanser - I'm really ripping on Jack Black this month! Again, it's just the scent - really strong and smelled like Vick's Vaporub to me. I'm not a big fan of their heavy "masculine" scents.
Mirenesse iCurl mascara - gave a little bit of length, but really didn't add much of anything to my lashes, even after 3+ coats.

My total this month was 44 empties - a little short of my goal of 50 each month this year, but still not bad, especially considering that some of these were larger products. My year to date total is 114 empties - I've been loving the de-stashing that's been going on this year!

Strawberry Daiquiri Cupcake >> this sounds amazing. I can't tell if I want to smell it or eat it more.

And I really like your goal of hitting a specific number of empties per month. How cool!

It's gotta be one of my favorite Philosophy scents I've smelled! I can't find it anywhere to buy another bottle though...should have rationed it out a little more lol 😞 And thanks! The # goal has been working well for me - I'm really motivated by things like that. My stash was getting so out of control, I told myself no more purchases unless I was able to clear out tons of what I already have!

My March emptiesIMG_0189.JPGLoves

Spoiler
Too Cool For School Egg Cream Mask
Macadamia Professional Weightless Moisture Shampoo
Lush Snow Fairy

Spoiler
Drunk Elephant TLC Serum
Bath and Body Works Marshmallow Pumpkin Latte Shea & Sugar Scrub
Karuna Brightening Face mask & Melting Boost
Sephora Orchid Eye Mask
First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream
Tatcha Silken Pore Perfecting Sunscreen SPF 35

Undecided  

Spoiler
Boscia Baby Soft Foot Peel-  This peeled the bottom of my feet but not the top. The top of my foot is where my problem areas are lol. I may try again in a few months.

Dislikes

Spoiler
Velieve Collagen Sheet Mask
Ouai Hair mask

March Empties3.17 empties.JPG

Loves

3.17 loves.JPG

Spoiler
Dove is my favorite deodorant. Loved the Peat mask by BELIF. The LM secret brightening powder was great. Loved the scent and consistency of the BBW. Purity is my HG and I continue to repurchase.

3.17 likes.JPG

Spoiler
Really enjoyed the drybar sake shampoo and conditioner. The BECCA primer was nice and I did repurchase it. I love the body butters from the body shop but this was not my all time favorite (I prefer the shea). born this way foundation is nice but it only looks good for 3-4 hours max then starts to make me very greasy.

Just OK

3.17 meh.JPG

@karap03, Dove is my favorite deodorant too! I've tried a few other brands buuut this one works the best for me. I can absolutely not live without it, haha!

XOXO,
Marieke

Not much to report on the empties front this month.

Full Sizes:

l’oreal kohl liner in black sable (I have had this for ages and am glad to be rid of it)

ogx sun-kissed blonde shampoo

Deluxe Sample:

erno laszlo antioxidant complex for eyes

March empties

IMG_9342.JPG

TOP ROW - LOVES:

Spoiler
Consonant Skincare Hydraextreme - this was a new to me but not new product discovery. Consonant makes some interesting products (I like their DHE Mask, in particular) but I had always overlooked this one because of a kit they have called the 'Hydra-gasm' (barf!)  Upon sampling it on and off throughout March, I decided to put it on my spring sale list; it only has 2 ingredients but it's intensely hydrating and it makes my skin feel very plump and firm.
Batiste Coconut Dry ShampooI don't love dry shampoo in general, but this one smells really nice and works reasonably well.  I even used it to get the stink out after sampling the Ouai Dry Foam 😄
Odacite Bl+C, Jo+L - I don't think I need to go into detail on these, they show up on my empties list every other month.  HG status products for keeping my oily skin in check.
Farmacy Deep Moisture, Brightening Sheet Maskssame with these, they show up monthly and are solid hydrating and brightening masks for when you need a little extra oomph.
May Lindstrom Jasmine Gardenreceived this in a GWP in July, and although it wasn't until about September that I started using it daily, I'd say 7 months is a decent lifespan for a product of this type at this pricepoint. I'm not usually into Jasmine, but I really love the smell of this, and it's great for spritzing on before applying my serums.
May Lindstrom Blue CocoonI purchased this for my birthday in Feb 2016, and while I didn't start using it daily until April or May (took me a while to warm up to it) 10 or so months of daily use makes the exorbitant cost sting a little less.  Since the price has increased significantly in Canada, I'm undecided whether I'll repurchase just yet but I love the smell, I love the way it sinks in, and I love the hydration.
Kevin Murphy Angel Washa lovely shampoo that smells like Creamsicles and babies my lavender grey hair. Have already repurchased.
Pixi Glow Tonicnot my first bottle, and won't be my last. I decided to stray before repurchasing it in order to try the new Ordinary Glycolic 7% toner, and while that is cheaper, I don't like it as much.  I'll definitely go back to Pixi once it is done.
Pixi Glow Mud Cleanserone of my HG cleansers. I've repurchased it multiple times and I love how creamy and gentle it is, but also how it keeps my skin mildly exfoliated.
PMD Sensitive Skin disc seems to have blended into the carpet in the photo, but this is also a regular repurchase for me, so I'm not going to go into detail.

MIDDLE ROW - MEH:

Spoiler
Herbivore Lapis Oil - I've had this for a while and was just trying to finish it up.  When I first started using it, the smell of it used to make me ill, but after trying other blue tansy products it bothers me a little less.  I didn't really find this did much for me so I won't repurchase, but the bottle is very pretty. I'm trying to figure out if I have any use for repurposing it.
Odacite Gr+GI had several of these from a GWP and I think this is the last one. It's ok, but I wouldn't spend my money on it.
Body Shop Argan Body Butterthe product itself works fine but the scent is too heavily floral. I catch whiffs of it throughout the day and wonder where that perfumey smell is coming from, before I realize it's coming from me.
Odacite Clair de Lune Moon Juice setdon't get me wrong, I adore the Clair de Lune serum but this set annoyed me.  In order to get the serum, you used to have to purchase it in this kit with some stupid bottle of aloe rosewater. Now they sell it separately so I'm a happy camper.  This empty is me having finally finished said aloe rosewater. 
Farmacy Green CleanI'm still undecided about this. It took less time (2 months) to use up than my fave Clinique TTDO balm, and costs more. It works well, emulsifies nicely and doesn't need a cloth to be removed but I went through it much quicker than I expected to. And it smells like 7UP, so YMMV on how you feel about that.
Shiseido Cotton - it's cotton.  How excited could I possibly get?

BOTTOM ROW - NOPES:

Spoiler
Drunk Elephant B Hydrathis gel was a P-I-T-A. When I tried it on bare skin, it always ALWAYS gave me a pinprick sting and if I used it daily, I would break out.  I left it for a few months and when I came back to it, I used the rest of it up by applying it over my serums/oils so that it wasn't so close to my skin. That kept it from stinging, but I definitely DEFINITELY would not repurchase this.

What's the best way to apply the Odacite BI+C? I've  been battling breakouts so I wanna try this. Also what's your IG? I'd love to follow you

Mine results in March. 32 product together.

"Pain of the month" award goes to May Lindstom Youth Dew. It was way to heavy for my skin so I ended using it around my eyes (and as a neck cream). I spend more then a month trying to calm down extra oil produce on my face after ML.

IMG_20170401_155517370.jpg

Loves (tried all before)

IMG_20170401_155102879.jpg

Loves (new discoveries, tried for the first time). I really loved to mix Kevyn Aucoin with my BB cream, but I`m not sure, if I need the whole package. Indee Lee oil was used on neck and I like it - not too oily, not too sticky or smelly.IMG_20170401_155315333.jpg Likes

IMG_20170401_155418897.jpg

No-no-no

IMG_20170401_155447327.jpg

I had the same thought about the Youth Dew.  I know people rave about May Lindstrom but that oil is so thick, and I say that as someone who has chronically dry skin after 2 rounds of accutane, and it still seemed too heavy to me.  I also found the smell really noxious.  It took me awhile to use it without gagging.

Yeah, I had so many hopes for this product. Only thing that makes me feel better - it was GWP. If I would pay full amount myself...

YD didn't work for me, either - it always makes me break out. 😞 

1st Quarter Empties.jpg

My first ever empties post. I decided to do mine in quarterly posts, since I don't go through that much stuff. 

Love-
Belief Bergamot Herbal Extract Toner.- Did a really good job of keeping oil at bay.
Village Naturals Therapy aches and pains muscle relief. Very nice bath soak, helped
and smell wasn't very strong.
Sephora Green Tea Sleep Mask- Amazing. purifies for a matte, clean complexion.
Sephora Almond Foot Mask

Ok/Meh-
Especially Escada
Erborian Yuza Sorbet Light Emulsion. Not good enough on its own. Ok with my
regualr moisturizer.
Spalife Hydrating Facial Mask Volcanic ash + CoQ 10 . Did an ok job. Nothing
spectacular.
Art of Shaving Shaveing Cream. This lathered up nice, and helped with a good shave.
Dr. Brandt 3-D Lip Plumpfix PM-Did an ok job.

Hate-
Art of Shaving Preshave Oil- I didn't like how it felt, seemed to do more harm than
good.
Dr. Brandt 3-D Lip Plumpfix AM-no no no no.

Didn't Notice Anything-
StriVectin Advanced Retinol Night Moisturizer - Didn't notice anything.
Sephora Orchid Eye Mask.

March 2017 empties.JPG

BT is posting this sideways, sorry.

LOVE:

* PTR cucumber mask. It's so soothing.

* Jo Malone Nectarine Blossom & Honey body wash. A sample, and I wish I had the full size.

HATE:

* Burberry Cat Lashes mascara in Midnight Blonde. never buy FS mascaras because I always have a bunch from GWPs and point perks. But I caved three months ago and got this after a SA applied it on me. But soon after I opened my own tube, I realized what my biggest problem with this was: I hate the brush. The SA used a disposable spoolie, but this is one of those plastic bristle monstrosities that looks more like abstract art than a makeup tool. I used some disposable spoolies myself a few times, but I still didn't like how it applied. I also wasn't too impressed with the color. I got Midnight Blonde because I didn't want another black color, and this sounded even more unusual and lighter than brown mascara. Unfortunately, I couldn't really see a difference. If you'd told me this was jet black, I'd have believed you. Just about the only positive thing about this product is the square packaging. I didn't have to worry about it rolling off my vanity. I used it for three months, and counted the days until I could open a tube of something new.

OK: Everything else. A lot of these are staples that I'll repurchase, but don't have intense feelings for.

Loves

20170401_103739.jpg

Likes and alrights

20170401_103811.jpg

No's

20170401_103831.jpg

I looked back through my calendar and between traveling, being at work overnights, and visiting with family/friends because they aren't super close I was away from home HALF of the nights in March.. My goal next month is to stay my behind at home and use things here! 53 empties for the month not including my de-stash.

Loves (37! most things, good month!)-

marchlove.jpg

Spoiler

-3x sephora collection foot masks

-tony moly brightening sheet mask

-tony moly luminating sheet mask

-tony moly lab vitamin C

-2x Farmacy deep moisture sheet masks

-when travel mate sheet mask

-3x tatcha camilla cleansing oil foils

-tatcha body butter foil

-tatcha body butter 

-pixi glow tonic to go

-l'occtaine almond lotion

-erborian yuza

-dr. gross alpha beta peel

-2x PTR un-wrinkle turbo line smoothing lotion

-caudalie premier cru eye cream

-diorshow mascara primer

-ABH brow gel

-diorshow mascara

-farmacy skin dew

-SR tidal

-SR good genes

-SR blue moon

-korres vanilla cinnamon gel

-beauty blender

-clarisionic body brush

-clarisonic face brush (not pictured)

-clarisonic foot brush (not pictured)

-orbie gold lust dry shampoo

-tatcha hand cream

-PTR unwrinkle night

-Tatcha gentle rice powder

Okay (12):

marchok.jpg

Spoiler

-LP PHD dry shampoo

-Kate sommerville wrinkle warrior: I actually really liked this product but the scent is too strong for my liking

-2x perricone eye cream

-farmacy eye cream

-sephora eye makeup remover wipes

-laneige water bank serum

-fresh soy cleanser

-orgins planscriptions eye cream

-boscia black cleansing gel

-caldera lotion: smelled great, not hydrating enough for winter. 

-tony moly my little pet eye patch

Nopes (4):

marchno.jpg

Spoiler

-Karuna hydrating mask: I'm not sensitive and reacted to this

-Nude oil: broke me out

-Body shop vitamin E night cream: clogged pores up, very heavy

-lancome mascara: not for me

yay for having so many Loves! 😄 i'm super curious about SR Blue Moon and think I'll bite if a good promo comes around.. have been enjoying cleansing balms over my messy cleansing oils lately

i'm so surprised you reacted to the Karuna mask (onlyb ecause it's so popular). I have one in my stash and will be a little more cautiousl when i give it a shot @CC3616

1 Reply
testing