Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

@whitepolkydots I'm finishing up a FS at home too. I do really like it but at the price point I don't think I'll re-buy. Would maybe buy again on sale. Clinique take the day off balm is great  cheaper alternative. 

I was shocked that I reacted to it too because my skin is not sensitive at all. Karuna masks have never done much for me but that was the first reaction to them I've had..

My quarterly empties!

Full sizes:

IMG_2655.JPG

Loves

Spoiler
Bath & Body Works shower gels - I haven't met a scent I don't love
Estee Lauder Sumptous Infinite mascara - Gives me tons of volume and enchances my length without getting spidery or clumpy
Maybelline Lots of Lashes mascara - I love the smaller brush. Easier to get to my bottom lashes.

Meh

Spoiler
B&B Mending Shampoo & Conditioner - Wasn't amazing for me. 
Dry Bar Happy Hour Shampoo & Conditioner - Light weight didn't weigh my hair down but didn't give me enough moisture when my hair was a little more dry. 
Up & Up cotton buds - Meh, cleaned my ears and cleaned up my mascara messes. 

Nopes

Spoiler
HEB brand cotton rounds - Fell apart, cotton strings tangled in my lashes. Nope nope nope.

IMG_2658.JPG

Loves

Spoiler
Mac Fix+
Smashbox Primer Water
Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray
Living Proof Restore Perfecting Spray
Benefit They're Real mascara
Benefit Roller Lash mascara
Mario Badescu Rose Water Spray
Carols Daughter Monoi Shampoo & Conditioner
Crest 3D White toothpaste

Meh

Spoiler
Ulta Beauty Makeup Removing Wipes
Algenist Pore Correcting Moisturizer
Sephora Eye Makeup Remover
Benefit Porefessional Primer
Dr Brandt Pore Dermabrasion 

Nopes

Spoiler
None:)

IMG_2656.JPG

Loves

Spoiler
Sephora Express eye makeup remover wipes
KVD Lock It makeup removing wipes

Meh

Spoiler
Milk Makeup removing wipes

Nopes

Spoiler
None:)

i'm probably the only one who thinks this, but the drybar shampoo bottle is so cute. i was hoping you would like it so i could tell myself to get it too, but this is probably better for my low buy 😛 @StephaniLynn

i haven't tried the KVD wipes before, but i remember reading that the full size packs dry out quickly. FYI in case you were planning to buy the full pack!

@whitepolkydots I love the bottles. they are cute! I liked the shampoo and conditioner, some days it just wasn't enough moisture for my lightened hair. I think the Sake Bomb and Blonde Ale lines may be better suited for me:)

I actually ordered a full size of the KVD wipes. Terrible! Dried out a couple days after I opened them. I've been adding my Garnier Micellar water in to moisten them just to use them up. I'll stick to these 2 towelette packages when I can get a hold of them.

Here are my March empties! I don't have as many empties as I did last month, but I still have enough to share.

IMG_20170330_0708596.jpg

Loves:

Spoiler
Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer
Sephora Collection Solid Brush Cleaner
Supergoop City Sunscreen Serum (SPF 30)

Spoiler
Neutrogena Rapid Clear Stubborn Acne Cleanser
Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask
Harvey Prince Eau de parfum in Cleopatra
Ole Henriksen Nurture Me Cleansing Cloths
Secret deodorant
Peter Thomas Roth Irish Moor Mud Cleansing Gel

Meh:

Spoiler
Tatcha Indigo Soothing Triple Recovery Cream
Benefit Porefessional
Besame Translucent Brightening Vanilla Powder
Peter Thomas Roth Rose Stem Mask

Nope:

Spoiler
Clarins Double Serum
Ren Evercalm Anti-redness serum

upload_6798452478224303798.jpg

I really enjoy empties, especially to see if peoples' reviews and if he/she would repurchase them. This is sadly not all of my March empties, but here are some of the items I finished. 

Spoiler
Lush Cupcake - I would repurchase but only to get it for free when you turn in 5 empty black pots to the store. I think it's a good product if you have oily/combo skin like myself. Generally speaking, I would not recommend Lush skincare because of the unnecessary fragrance, parabens, sulfates and fillers... WTF. 

Lush Christingle - I would repurchase and I enjoyed using it after my baths & showers instead of lotion. 

Lush Love Lettuce - I'm neutral on this product because of the questionable ingredients (crushed almond shells and lavender oil). I have sensitive skin. It surprisingly didn't break me out but I also wasn't impressed. If you purchase this, use a gentle touch! 

Lush Ro's Argan - I'm neutral on this product. I am not crazy about the scent but it is moisturizing. 

Lush Santa's Belly - I would repurchase. This is a fun product that reminds me of jello. The only suggestion I would make to Lush is to tone down the fragrance. 

Skinfix Ultra Rich Body Butter - I'm neutral but I probably wouldn't repurchase. They were not kidding that this is ultra rich. It's so thick to the point where you had to really work to have the product melt into your skin. When it worked, it worked well but I have better, less fussy body butters. 

IGK 30000 Feet Volume Shampoo & Conditioner - I was going through my samples and I felt like using it today. It made my hair so soft and I see more volume in my stick straight Asian hair. I would consider purchasing if I saw a good deal. 

MAC Cleanse Off Oil - I would consider purchasing this product. I didn't have adverse effects and it did a good job taking off my makeup when I did wear it. 

Bioderma Sébium H2O - I love Bioderma's micellar water and I will continue to repurchase. This is the 100 ml / travel size bottle but I also finished the giant 500 ml Sébium bottle earlier this month! I'm about to open up another 500 ml bottle of Sébium!

I'm obsessed with LUSH so I love seeing all your empties.  I always trade in my empty black pots for the free mask, but can never seem to get through it before the expiration date.

I always forget to post my empties despite taking photos, whoops 🙈

March.jpg

All repurchases except the Target remover wipes, those are some of the worst wipes I've ever used. 

*My first drugstore foundation; not crazy about it. 

February .jpg

February II.jpg

*Didn't like the Fresh clay cleanser and thought the Origins Maskimizer was pointless

Dec/Jan.jpg

*Conditioner had far too much fragrance and did not like the Victoria Secret body wash. 

Great empties!  I see a lot of minis in there that are in my stash as well.  It's been a long time since I've used drugstore foundation.  I've never find it easy to find my shade match without physically trying products on my skin.

here are my empties from our cabin in Whistler.  I like everything except the choosy lip masks.  I'm fairly confident at this point that they do nothing but shut me up for ten to fifteen minutes.  

I will be buying the skinn Iceland eye cream as I think I saw improvement in my undereyes while testing it out and I need to confirm this.

oh and I really really love the Sephora brush cleansing wipes.  I bought them from the sale section a while back and am sad that I will run out on my next trip. IMG_8261.JPG

@heartsmyface the sephora brush wipes are back in the sale section, in case you want to restock 🙂

"I like everything except the choosy lip masks.  I'm fairly confident at this point that they do nothing but shut me up for ten to fifteen minutes."

LOLOLOLOL

Which hourglass powder is that @heartsmyface?

January and February empties, I decided to go back  to every two months since I noticed I was rushing through products not actually enjoying them or not being to form a proper opinion. 

Loved. Will repurchase:

F51FEB76-5335-4D01-89B3-4F9A7A5D72B1.jpg

Neutral on, would give another go:

EC324DF4-8765-4B2B-9A21-D66BF9A9F420.jpg

Not for me and very underwhelming: 

FF119D30-37E7-42F8-9177-9BC24931E906.jpg

Great empties.  It'll be something like 3 months for me by the time I finally post (eep) but in my case because I've been lazy about putting together a write up and photographing things.  I LOVE Buxom glosses.  And was neutral on Brigeo Don't Despair Repair myself.  So many better hair masks out there for dry/damaged hair.

This is my first empties post! Yay! Lol...I really made an effort to not throw away anything for some months so I could see everything I used up. This was really gratifying to see that I actually use up products instead of hoarding them like the product junkie I am! This is motivating me to next get through my hoard of samples and more foundations next time. 🙂

20170320_163545_resized.jpg

Spoiler
Loves here are the Mac mineralize skinfinish, Becca under eye brightening corrector, Mac paint pot in groundwork, the Dr. Brandt no pores primer, the Tarte mascara, and the Hard candy eyebrow ink (but really hard to find  in stock at walmart). Also, I really love the Murad Invisiblur but that went pretty quick and it is really just too expensive. 

20170320_163811_resized.jpg

Spoiler

Most of these are holy grails for me. The Pixi Beauty makeup fixing spray I really love! I swear it makes any foundation I use look 10x more skin like. Also love my Mac fix plus mostly for spraying my foundation brush or sponge before using.

Other loves are the Philosophy Microdelivery exfoliating wash. The best for making my skin clear, soft and smooth. Love the Philosophy purity wash to remove my makeup. I switch between that and the DHC oil. Also love my Proactiv for any sudden breakouts or the Murad clarifying cleanser.

Congrats on your first post!!! I 100% agree.  I credit this thread with getting me to use more of what I have and reflect on whether or not I like it vs. blindly repurchasing.  It's really fun to see a few months worth!  Are all those Pixi products the same thing?

Thanks! Sorry i missed your post earlier...yes they are all the same Makeup Fixing spray ❤️ it!

Great empties photos, thank you for sharing! 🙂

I want to try that Pixi makeup fixing spray!

Thanks!! Must try the spray! 😃

WEll, here's this weeks sample expenditure from the hotel.  Haha, so I kinda got drunk at our party and stumbled in and decided to do a face mask.  Yeah, I didn't take my makeup off when I did it so I can't really tell you how it went.  My face didn't break out or anything...and I'm sure it appreciated the extra moisture.😅😅 I've been reviewing stuff in the sample challenge thread.IMG_2472.JPG

LOVE all the samples you've used up.  Impressive.  And your story is so silly.  That sounds like something I would do drunk.

1 Reply
testing