Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Ouhhhh, I have to go check that out!!!  ๐Ÿ˜›

I have a million empties, and laid them all out for pictures a while back, which for some reason totally disappeared from my phone. ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก

However, I did make a goal to use up some samples on my trips, so here are a few from recent travels:

Have to say I really liked everything except the Sephora eye makeup wipes were pretty terrible, not even worth getting more free samples (which is where these came from), imo. The glam glow smells like a pina colada, I wanted to eat it. Obviously didn't use any for an extended time, but they worked great for traveling.

IMG_0038.PNG

IMG_0039.PNG

@sister13 were the sephora wipes ineffective at removing makeup or bad for your skin? i stocked up on a few for traveling and am now thinking i should test them first :S

I had previously tried the Sephora eye makeup wipes and hated them. Did not get all of my eye makeup off and I normally don't wear waterproof mascara or liner.

Yes, agreed, they just didn't remove mascara and eyeliner and ended up smearing everything so I had to use a different face wash to get everything clean. i thought they'd be so convenient for travel, but pretty useless! MAYBE they work for some products but certainly not for long wearing eyeliner/mascara.  @whitepolkydots

@whitepolkydots

I had bought all the 'flavors' of the Sephora wipes and wished I hadn't. They are terrible at removing makeup. TERRIBLE. and they sting your eyes.

I gave some away for xmas, and trying to use up that last two packages I have (coconut and rose) by using them to take off my makeup remover oil.

They are seriously terrible.

Ole Henrikson ones are far superior.

@Insomniacmuffin yikes!  Maybe they can be repurposed as WetOnes for on the go hand washing.

haha @heartsmyface  this is probably TMI but.. I started using them to clean the outside of my ears.

@Insomniacmuffin oh no.. thanks for that review! ๐Ÿ˜ž i should've guessed when i tried to look up reviews and couldn't find the product. i just assumed it was the plain Sephora remover drizzled over a napkin for easier sampling..

ha, I was wondering what that Glamglow product was and then realized I've been sampling it all week.  I had a sample made up last time I was in store and I'm loving it!  It smells wonderful and orange citrusy! 

This is two month's worth of empties because I kept forgetting to post my January ones.

January

20170129_150048.jpg

The only thing I hated from this was the Estee Edit Dissolve the Drama makeup remover. I came out of the shower looking like a raccoon. Love the UD Naked Skin concealer and the hand and foot sheet masks. Everything else is likes and alrights

February loves

20170226_190212.jpg

likes and alrights

20170226_190240.jpg

hates

20170226_190253.jpg

Well that answers my question about the happy feet.  I'll stick with the baby foot ones.  

I always buy the Baby foot from Amazon, but last time I used one about a month ago, I had no peeling.  I was really confused as to why it didnt work, I soaked, and left it on for an hour, and def needed the exfoliation...all the other times Ive used them, major peeling occurred.  I was super dissappointed, and now I wonder if I bought a bad batch or ???

Hmmmm, maybe it was expired or something?  Or you used it too soon after your last foot peel?  They've always peeled crazy amounts of skin for me.  I would've been crazy disappointed as well cause heck I wanna be a molting snake for that price!  

That was my first time using a foot peel. No peeling, just a little flaking at the heels. I've since bought the Tony Moly ones from Amazon. I plan on one package being in next month's empties.

These are actually December empties but I've been so busy and forgot to post! 

IMG_2085.JPG

Loves:

Dr Dennis Gross Ferulic & Retinol: I've been in the mood of retrying old favorites and this is one item i remember really loving and not using for almost two years. This is fantastic for my post break out pigmentation. I'm using up a small trial size of another brand but can't wait to repurchase this one.

Skinfood Aloe Daily Sunscreen: love the texture of this and it doesn't leave a white cast. I'm just having a problem finding a place to purchase it.

Hate:

Brand MD tretinoin: I got suckered  into this at my dermatologist office. It wasn't effective as my original tretinoin even though it's the same percentage. I don't know it was the additional ingredients or it was just 'watered' down. Went back to my OG prescription tretinoin.

Everything else was kind of meh and didn't really leave much impression on me.

I'm late to post for january empties too. ๐Ÿ™‚

IMG_2589.JPG

loves

- Bath & Bodyworks - Japanese Cherry Blossom body lotion 

- Belief - The True cream - Aquabomb 

- Farmacy - Eye Dew total eye cream

- Fresh - Sugar lip treatment 

- Lush - Bright side bubble bar

- OGX - coconut milk conditioner 

- Secret - Scent expressions Coconut Splash Deodorant 

- Sephora - Coconut water cleansing wipes

- Sephora - Pomegranate Eye Mask

- Thierry Mugler - Alien Perfume 

- Too Faced - Chocolate soliel bronzer 

IMG_2590.JPG

- Dior - Miss Dior absolutely Blooming 

- DKNY- Be tempted perfume 

- Maison Margiela - Replica: by the fireplace

- Simple -  Cleansing Facial Wipes

- Tini Me!  - lavender Lullaby Mini Bath Ice Cream

- Yves Saint Laurent - Mon Paris

IMG_2591.JPG

not for me

- Paco Rabanne - Olympea perfume

- Pinrose - Gilded Fox Eau De Parfum

- Ulta - Hydro Prime 

- White Rain - Coconut & Hibiscus body wash

Delayed January empties...

Jan17.jpg

Spoiler

This is my first time tracking empties via pics. Oh my goodness... how does everyone here do it!? I pushed myself to use more products, yet I've finished so little after a month. Well, realizing how long it takes me to finish products will definitely help me with my low buy this year!

The only product I'll be repurchasing is the Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation (LOVE!). I'd like to repurchase the Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips as well, but I'm trying to move towards a CF collection. If anyone has any recommendations for pore strips from a CF brand, I'd appreciate it!

First empties of the year!

All for January:all.jpg

Loves/Repeats:

loves.JPG

Spoiler

NEST Citrine -- Probably my favorite scent currently -- I have a rollerball and a 0.16 spray so I figured it was safe to use up this little guy. Fruity and slightly floral without being cloying.

Suave Clarifying Shampoo -- Itโ€™s $2 for a giant bottle, and it does what itโ€™s supposed to do. I only use it once a week or so, so it doesnโ€™t overdry my hair. And itโ€™s $2.

YSL Vernis A Levres Vinyl Cream Lip Stain -- I absolutely loved shade 405 Explicit Pink. Very creamy, feels great on the lips, and has good staying power.

Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil - This feel absolutely amazing. It immediately sinks into the skin, so your skin feels soft and smooth and not oily.

One Minute Manicure -- This stuff makes my hands so incredibly soft and smooth. The only downside, and it may have just been my bottle, is that it leaked oil EVERYWHERE. I had to store it in a ziploc bag, but it tipped over and all the oil leaked into the bag. I would definitely buy again, just hope that the packaging is better.

Tresemme Heat Tamer Leave-In Spray -- This is my second or third bottle; my hair is in good shape and I have no split ends, so I assume that means itโ€™s working.

likes.JPG

Spoiler

Tarte Empowered Hybrid Gel Foundation -- The coverage was good, the color match was good. I feel like it made my skin oilier faster, but I have oily skin so this isnโ€™t anything Iโ€™m not used to dealing with. Would consider purchasing.

Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream -- Finished up this sample because I got the rollerball from the Sephora mascara sample set. Itโ€™s not my absolute favorite scent, but I like it for when Iโ€™m in a more floral mood.

Tarte Tarteist Mascara - I really like this mascara; not my favorite ever, but itโ€™s high up there. I just really hate the tube. Will probably repurchase.

Meh:

meh.JPG

Spoiler

Lโ€™Occitane Almond Smoothing and Beautifying Milk Concentrate -- I love the smell of almond lotion, and this one was nice, but it was very similar to a lot of other cheaper lotions I have used, and the lotion itself didnโ€™t seem to make my skin any smoother than any other lotion.

Make Up For Ever Step 1 Skin Equalizer Primer -- It was fine. It did blur my pores, and made my skin smooth, but in the exact same way that most primers do for me. Iโ€™ve got too many primers that are just as good to even think about purchasing one, especially when it doesnโ€™t seem any better. WNP.

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Foundation -- It was okay; the first few hours were good but it started to break up on my face as the day went on. I also felt like it was a bit too yellow, which is a problem I seem to have with Tarte foundations. I would try it again.

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer - Itโ€™s a primer. It works just fine. WNP as I have about 298374982374 more samples of Smashbox primers.

Origins Ginger Burst Savory Body Wash -- I love the smell of Origins ginger products, if I use anything other than my Neutrogena body wash my skin is not happy. So while it wasnโ€™t bad, it was a fine enough body wash -- WNP.

Salt Suds Foaming Body Wash -- See review above, except this one doesnโ€™t have the great ginger smell. WNP.

Ole Henriksen Truth Sugar Glow Polishing Mask -- It was fine. It did seem to brighten my face and left my skin soft, but I didnโ€™t find it any better than other product I already use. WNP.

Soap and Glory One Heck of a Blot Powder -- Itโ€™s fine, but I donโ€™t think itโ€™s anything special, especially in regards to oil control. I keep using it because it has lasted me forever but Iโ€™d like to try something new. WNR.

Clarins Multi-Active Day Cream SPF 20 - It didnโ€™t seem to do anything for my fine lines, but it felt nice. Have tons of moisturizers, WNP.

No/Didn't Finish:

no.JPG

Spoiler

The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash -- This smelled so terrible, I couldnโ€™t wait to rinse it off. The consistency was a bit strange to me, too. I liked that it didnโ€™t seem to overdry my skin, but I just couldnโ€™t handle the smell.

Ole Henriksen Pure Truthโ„ข Melting Cleanser -- This did absolutely nothing for me -- it removed about 2% of my makeup and didnโ€™t leave my skin feeling any more hydrated than before.

H2O Plus Oasis Hydrating Treatment -- Left my skin feeling sticky and it never felt like it really sunk into my skin. Their Hydrating Cream, however, is wonderful.

Replica Jazz Club -- Gross. Could not wash it off fast enough. A lot of reviews said that it was a great scent for men and women despite indicating itโ€™s a menโ€™s scent, but itโ€™s definitely not for me.

GLAMGLOW YOUTHMUDโ„ข Tinglexfoliate Treatment Mask -- I hated the application -- the little clumps of what are apparently tea leaves would ball up and fall all over my bathroom counter/floor, and rinsing it off was a pain. My skin felt really nice afterwards, but no better than other products I use.

Tatcha Indigo Soothing Rice Enzyme Powder - Ugh. Just, ugh. Didnโ€™t feel good on, and my face didnโ€™t feel any different after I washed it off. I like the classic version, though. WNP.

Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Serum -- I only had a one use foil, so I donโ€™t know if it would have worked better over time, but one use didnโ€™t make any difference and it smelled like morning breath to me, which I did not enjoy. WNP.

Juice Beauty Green Apple Age Defy Moisturizer - Had the consistency of glue and was difficult to spread on my face. Once it was on, if you rubbed it, it pilled off. Plus it smelled terrible. Only used twice, I couldnโ€™t finish it. WNP.

Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Mega Mushroom Skin Relief Eye Serum -- I canโ€™t really say how well this works as it was a foil so I only got 4 uses out of it. It was moisturizing, but I couldnโ€™t tell anything other than that. Iโ€™ll just move on to the next eye sample because I have a million of them. WNP.

Tarte Tarteist Lip Crayon - I guess I really donโ€™t know how well this works because this sample was so skinny and frail that it broke every time I tried to use it.

Unwash Bio-Cleansing Conditioner - The first time I used it I thought it was amazing, but every time after left my hair feeling greasy and unclean. WNP.

Degree Dryspray - It stopped spraying but that was okay because I hated it. WNP.

Ulta Plush Drama Mascara -- I found it clumpy and hard to apply, and it smudged a lot after a few hours. Itโ€™s possible that if I had dried it out a bit it would have been better, but I have too many better mascaras to use to bother trying to make this one work.

Peter Thomas Roth Blue Marine Algae Intensive Hydrating Mask -- This mask didnโ€™t do anything to hydrate my skin. Or do much of anything, really. WNP.

Tarte Lights Camera Lashes -- I liked it at first but after 2 successful uses, it became incredibly clumpy and hard to apply evenly. If you spent enough time you could get rid of the clumps, but I have better mascaras that are less work. WNR.

Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer -- I did not like anything about this. I was weird to apply, it was weird to towel off, and my legs didnโ€™t even feel moisturized. Only used it once. WNP.

Mui Mui Eau de Parfum -- This one was nice at first, but after a few minutes it smelled too strongly of lily, which isnโ€™t my favorite.

Origins Clear Improvement Detoxifying Charcoal Body Scrub -- I tried to use this coupled with the other Origins body wash on my back to help my skin, but it didnโ€™t work. Plus the scrub was so thick I feel like it would take an entire bottle to do your body. WNP.

Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm - Did nothing for my undereye circles. WNP.

Destash:

destash.JPG

Spoiler

theBalm Balmsai Palette (not pictured) -- I typically love The Balm. Their blushes and their Nude Tude palette are very pigmented, but this one just...wasnโ€™t.

Benefit Majorette -- I wanted this blush for quite a while, but once I finally bought it, it just sat in my drawer. Doesnโ€™t show up well on my cheeks -- looks like I didnโ€™t even put anything on.

Benefit High Beam -- I like this, but Iโ€™ve also had it for a million years and never reach for it since I bought the Mary Loumanizer.

Givenchy Rouge Interdit Vinyl Color Enhancing Lipstick in Noir Revelateur -- I got this as a 100 point perk at Sephora due to all the hype. It was too dark on me and only lasted about 5 minutes.

Rimmel Moisture Renew Clear Lip Liner -- Nothing wrong with this, but I had purchased the Urban Decay Ultimate Ozone Multipurpose Primer Pencil shortly after purchasing this and I like the thick size of it better, so Iโ€™m getting rid of this one.

Sephora Ultra Shine Lip Gloss - I didnโ€™t really care for the shade on me.  I also got tired of globs of red on the rims of my glasses.  Felt nice though.

Burtโ€™s Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Hibiscus -- It was lip balm, it was fine. But I have so many now and this one is a bit old so Iโ€™m getting rid of it. Probably WNR.

Undecided:

undecided.JPG

Spoiler

FRESH Vitamin Nectar Vibrancy-Boosting Face Mask -- I still canโ€™t tell how I feel about this!! First off: the smell is AMAZING. So citrus-y and just wonderful. But...the fruit chunks. It feels so weird to rub on your face. They arenโ€™t strong enough to exfoliate, so Iโ€™m not sure why they are in there, but it feels so strange in my hands that itโ€™s almost a dealbreaker. If you donโ€™t have a problem with weird textures, tho, I highly recommend it. My face did seem brighter after one use.

Smashbox Studio Skin Foundation and Concealer -- Iโ€™m undecided because there wasnโ€™t enough foundation to cover my entire face, so I had to take it off so I didnโ€™t go to work with half a face haha. Iโ€™d try it again, tho.

Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Cream -- I canโ€™t really give an honest opinion on this one, as I only had a one use foil of it, so I donโ€™t know how well it would work over time. The texture was nice, though, like a primer.

Delayed January Empties!

Loves: 

Loves

Highlights:

Spoiler

Kirkland Shampoo and Conditioner. Seriously better than any other brand I have tried.

Josie Maran Argan Oil Foundation - I don't usually wear foundation, but I love how hydrating this one was!  Plus, the lighter colors work perfectly with my skin. 

Tom Ford Orchid Soleil - when I first sprayed this sample on the card, I couldn't stand it.  One morning, I accidentally put it on, and couldn't get over the smell. On me, it smells amazing.  My fiancee even commented on it!  

Highlights

Spoiler
Nothing much to say here, actually.  Glad I finally made it through the pacifica sea foam cleanser - it stings so badly if you have any abrasions on your face, or god forbid get a little in your eyes!  But on the whole, it wasn't terrible.   I'm proud of myself for making it through shampoo samples this month while traveling though!  

Dislikes

Dislikes.png

Highlights: 

Spoiler
Why don't I love the Miu Miu?  The bottle is adorable, but the scent is terrible on me.:(
So glad to be finally rid of the sephora lipgloss (sticky, sticky, sticky), and the stila liquid lipstick (formula is fine, but the color was terrible on me!) Both from subscription boxes.  
Algenist eye cream actually irritated my under eyes.   ๐Ÿ˜ž
Manuka anti blemish serum - did nothing, and does not contain manuka.  Lies, I tell you, lies! 
Failed foundation samples - never the right color for me! 

Goals for next month:  to use up more of my crazy collection of perfume samples so I can justify buying a full size perfume I love.  

January Empties

2.17 empties.JPG

Loves

2.17 loves.JPG

2.17 likes.JPG

Not impressed

2.17 meh.JPG

Candles

2.17 candles.JPG

+ a Bonus ๐Ÿ˜„

I used up the bronzer in my Hourglass Palette