Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

I'm in awe of your panning on the hourglass - and impressive candle usage! 

P.S.  I love that lancome bi-facil too. 🙂

That's impressive panning on the Hourglass! I just am about to hit pan on my OG ALP lol. 

My December and January empties

Loved

IMG_2435.JPG

IMG_2433.JPG

Ok

IMG_2437.JPG

Didn't Like

IMG_2438.JPG

Spoiler
- I'm not sure if I recived a bad pair of eye mask or if they are supposed to be dry.. But when I wanted to try them, they were dry, very dry.
- The ULTA balm smelled very odd. I couldn't continue using it.

Did the lashfood give you results? I started using it a week ago. 

I didn't use it very consistently but I think if you do yes. I received another one in a GWP so I have started to use it more consistently. @Lynni98

December/January Empties 

Loves 

20170204_182748-1.jpg

Sorry for the fuzzy picture..here's a list.

Spoiler

Christophe Robin Cleansing Mask with Lemon - was amazing for my itchy dry winter scalp. 

Belif True Cream Moisturizing Bomb

Drunk Elephant B-Hydra gel

PTR Laser Free Serum 

Philosophy Time in a bottle for eyes 

Nyx Micro Brow- probably one of my most repurchased items. 

Meh...

20170204_182547-1.jpg

Two of the items I really disliked- the KateSomerville Wrinkle Warrior, too scented and did not like the silicone feel. The Whish deodorant - did not work, actually made things worse. 

Jan Empties                                                                             

Jan 17 Empties.jpgAll of the products in the first row are staples that I've been using for awhile. The Neutrogena and Ren cleansers, Shea Moisture hand cream, and Fresh Seaberry face oil are products I like to use during the winter. I use the Lush lip scrub and Dr. Dennis Gross eye serum all year round.

-Algenist Anti-Aging Melting Cleanser-- I didn't care for this. I've used plenty of other melting-type cleansers that work much better.

-Simple Micellar Water-- This was just ok. I don't think I'll be repurchasing. 

-Ole Henriksen Truth Cleansing Cloths-- I liked these, especially the citrus scent. I would buy again.

-Yes to Coconut Ultra Hydrating Facial Mask-- I like this mask for days when my normally oily skin is extremely dry due to the dry, cold winter air. I would repurchase to use during the winter when my skin needs an extra boost of moisture.

-Skinceuticals C E Ferulic serum-- I like this serum and I think my skin has been looking brighter since I've been using it. The bottle lasts a long time since it only takes about 4 drops to cover my entire face. I will probably repurchase again when I'm able to get it a a discounted price (as I did with this bottle), but not immediately. I'm planning on trying the Drunk Elephant vitamin c serum next.

January Empties! These are less than December in part because I didn't get around to doing those until about a week into Jan, and partly because I've been going through some larger DS/FS skincare items in my ongoing quest to Finish All My Samples. But I do have a FS powder product, so that's something!

Loves: Have or would repurchase

FullSizeRender (46).jpg

FullSizeRender (45).jpg

Meh: Would use again but not buy/pay full price:

FullSizeRender (48).jpg

FullSizeRender (47).jpg

Nope:

FullSizeRender (49).jpg

Spoiler
Purity deep clean mask: I used to love this, but now I think it's too harsh for my skin
Nioxin shampoo & conditioner for fine hair: these were both tingly and menthol-y, without the anti-hair fall benefit I saw with Bumble&Bumble's Full Potential line. I like to leave my conditioner to work in my hair while I body wash, and with this my scalp was tingling and unhappy halfway through. No thanks.
Katy Kat mascara: awful applicator. I hate the ones that have gaps in the "teeth," and this was like that.
Maybelline Pushup mascara: either a bad formula or this one had dried out
Douce mascara: same as Katy Kat, bad applicator
Living Proof texture spray: used to love this, but it makes second-day hair a pain
Estee Lauder makeup remover: again, used to love it, but it's too finicky now. For best results (for me), you apply and then tissue off, but it's a pain with eye makeup and can sting.
NARS radiance primer (old formula): meh on radiance, BOO on texture. Made even reliable formulas sink into pores.
UD Vice Gubby lip foil: way too sheer, emphasized lip lines
Origins pre-mask face spray: It doesn't do anything a toner or other face spray wouldn't
Tartist lash paint: clumpy/flakey
Benefit Kabrow: color worked ok, but the whole included brush thing was meh. After a few applications it got really messy and detracted from the finished look. Part of it was that the DS version was too small for any other brush to fit into the pot, so the FS version might be worth it...but I have other, better brow products, so I'm not going to bother.
Tarteist Lip Paint in Namaste: bad formula. Not drying, but it separated on lips and this color was light enough to let natural lip color through, looked terrible.
AmorePacific BB Cushion: very sheer formula, and also really too dark for me
Philosophy Time in a Bottle: not enough product to comment on results, but I don't like when serums include tint/shimmer, it feels very gimmicky.

LovesIMG_2210.JPG

Just ok- The Cle de peau cleanser is ok but nothing special just a basic foaming cleanser and the price is high for what you get.

The Darphin serum is soothing but very thin consistency more like toner or essence to me than a serum.

IMG_2220.JPG

20170202_122010.jpg

Lots of empties this month. January was all about skincare for me.

Loves:

Timeless 20% Vitamin E/C/Ferulic Acid (already repurchased)

Drunk Elephant Framboos (already repurchased)

Sisley Black Rose Cream Mask: Has a strong rose scent that I don't care for, but I just love the way my skin looks after using this.

Drunk Elephant B-Hydra (not pictured): I only used a mini of this so the love status is on the fence, but I really like it so far and think it will be the perfect moisturizer for summer.  While the air is still dry, I'm enjoying using it under a heavier cream moisturizer. Purchased the full size today.

NARS Tinted Moisturizer (Alaska): This is one of very few staples in my makeup routine and the product I have stuck with the longest. It might be the love of my makeup life.  I have the next lighter shade, Finland, which will work for the next month or so while I'm at my palest but I fully plan to repurchase Alaska in the spring/summer.  

Good:

Peter Thomas Roth Unwrinkle Lip - I don't use this for lip wrinkles as advertised. It's just a good lip exfoliator for me and I already have a backup.  

Dr. Dennis Gross Clinical Hydration Booster - I do enjoy adding this to my moisturizer and am considering repurchasing. For now I'm experimenting with layering a lighter moisturizer (like the PTR cloud cream or Drunk Elephant B-Hydra) under my cream moisturizer.

Peter Thomas Roth Cloud Cream: I like this but used it up too fast to form a full opinion.  I'm intrigued though and plan to check out the Cloud Serum next since this is similar in texture to the Drunk Elephant B-Hydra, which I just purchased a full size of.  

Murad Hydro Dynamic Moisturizer (2): Basic, but effective for my dry skin. I plan to repurchase either this or Drunk Elephant Lala retro.

Undecided

LXMI cream -  I thought I could only use this on very dry, flaky spots but lately I've been using it all over. I have another sample size that I'm going to continue using.

La Mer Treatment Lotion - This feels nice going on and I really like the texture of it. It's gentle but hydrating under my moisturizer. I'm going to purchase another mini (if I can find one) to try it out a bit longer.  

Not repurchasing:

Fresh Rose Cream - not moisturizing enough and I didn't care for the strong scent. 

I love the NARS tinted moisturizer! I also wear Alaska for most of the year, but since I moved to a less sunny locale I now need a lighter shade in the winter months. Thanks for the heads-up that Finland works for you...I'll take a look at it!

These are my empties for January.IMG_0176.JPGloves

Spoiler
Lush Snow Fairy
Algenist Overnight Restorative Cream
Loccitane Hand Cream
Philosophy Melon Daiquiri
Purity Made Simple
Peter Thomas Roth 24k Gold Mask
Too Cool For School Egg Cream Mask
Algenist Genius Vitamin C Serum
Sephora Argan/Avocado Hand Masks

Spoiler
Sephora Avocado Eye Mask
Sephora Lavender Foot Mask

disliked

Spoiler
Cake Milk Made Scrub- too messy
Caudalie Resveratrol Eye Lifting Balm- not moisturizing enough

january makeup empties!

IMG_4227.jpg

things i'd repurchase in a second:

too faced hangover rx - heaven for my dry skin!

mufe ultra hd foundation 

colourpop brow pencil

mac paint pots - soft ochre and morning frost - morning frost quickly became a fave and i'm sad i can't find it! 

nars pencil in sex machine 

essence lash princess mascara 

hard passes

dr jart bb - sooo gray!!!! so hard to make this work with my skin

colourpop liner - dried out so quickly & broke so easily

maybelline instant age rewind eraser makeup - thought it was the concealer until i actually purchased it - no returns - and got out and actually looked at it - found it cakey and super orange

I finally used up all my Nars radiant concealer and I have to say i'm more impressed with my KVD concealer, the Nars was really thick and i felt like it just didn't blend out well for me no matter what I tried and just made me look a little cakey. 

I have yet to try the KVD concealer. After using Nars, I eventually fell in love with UD Naked Skin concealer.

I completely agree. I switched from Nars RCC to the KVD Concealer Creme and haven't looked back! 

Well I think I finally was able to upload a picture 🙂

IMG_20170201_0716254.jpg

Loves

Spoiler
Spoiler
Lush - Eau Roma Water Toner
wilma schumann - Hydrating Collagen Eye Pads (x2)
Josie Maran - 100% Pure Argan Oil Light
Cerave - Hydrating Cleanser
John Frieda - Frizz Ease Extra Strength serum
Avene - Eau Thermale (Thermal Spring Water)
fresh - Soy Eye Makeup Remover
Ren - resurfacing AHA concentrate
smashbox - Photo Finish Foundation Primer
Clinique - Moisture surge moisturizer
Jack Black - Lip Balm SPF 25
Secret - Clinical Strength Invisible Solid Deodorant

Spoiler
simple - cleansing facial wipes
Josie Maran - Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter in Vanilla Apricot
Urban Decay - Mini Perversion Mascara
Ulta Beauty - Warming Charcoal Cleanser (2x)
Too Faced - Glitter Glue
smashbox - Photo Finish Primer Water
Prada - Candy Kiss Eau de parfum

Meh

Spoiler
Garnier - Skin Active Micellar Cleansing Water
Dr. Jart+ - UV Sun Fluid SPF 30
MUFE - Artist Plexi Gloss in 202
Farmacy - Skin Dew
belif - The True Cream Aqua Bomb (2x)
Juliette had a Gun - Not a Parfum
smashbox - Photo Finish Primer Oil
Ole Henriksen - Truth Sugar Glow polishing mask

Nope

Spoiler
Garnier - Skin Active Clearly Brighter SPF 15 Moisturizer
Clarins - Multi-Active Jour SPF 20
fresh - Sugar Nourishing Lip Balm
Ole Henriksen - Ultimate Lift Eye gel
Ole Henriksen - Invigorating Night Treatment
Garnier - Skin Active Waterproof Micellar Cleansing Water

Products that expired/no longer work

Spoiler
Hourglass - Vanish Foundation Stick in Alabaster (it's too dark, plus half of the foundation is in an unusable place-thanks to my clumsiness)
Revlon - Colorstay Whipped Creme Foundation in 150 Buff (This foundation has been open for almost a year, plus it is about 4 shades too deep for me.)
Bath and Body Works - Ultra Shea Body Cream in Twisted Peppermint (Cream will no longer come out, plus I have had this for almost 2 years-I think it's time to let go of it.)
eslor - Chlorophyll Lifting Mask (It's completely hardened/unusable)
L'Oreal Paris - Magic Lumi Light Infusing Primer (It doesn't actually prime my skin and it somehow made my neck break out in hives so nope, am not keeping it.)

Great empties.  I don't care for the Ole Henriksen ultimate lift eye gel either.  It's just not hydrating enough for my undereye area and feels rather sticky.

Sorry all, I can't bear to keep empty product vessels around, so I never take pictures. However, it is oddly satisfying to write them down!

ds=deluxe sample, s=sample(e.g., foil)

fresh soy face cleanser - ds (LOVE)

origins high potency night-a-mins - ds (LOVE)

urban decay one & done hybrid complexion perfector in light medium - ds

fresh rose face mask - ds (LOVE)

l’occitane hand cream in amande - ds (LOVE)

ahava time to clear purifying mud mask - s

pinrose wild child fragrance towelette - s

atelier cologne silver iris - s (LOVE)

kiehl’s multi-corrective eye opening serum - s

penhaligon’s iris prima - s

urban decay naked skin color collecting fluid in peach - s

urban decay naked skin concealer - light and medium light - s

becca aqua luminous perfecting concealer - fair and medium - s

I have the same trouble keeping empties around, most of the time I end up throwing them out without even thinking about it. 

You're still tracking them so it has the same effect.  I can just use my imagination to see your lot.

testing