Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

A chapstick!! I always lose them 🙂 And seeing your vials reminds me to pick back up with getting through my fragrance stash..

I am a nurse so I always carry a chapstick in my scrubs pocket! I go through them fairly quickly. I usually just toss them but remembered to save it for my empties

I'm impressed too!   The last time I actually finished a lip balm was in college when I used to carry the Body Shop lip butter pots in my backpack and put them on when I was bored in class.  

Anonymous Insider

Loved! 

IMG_0061.JPG

Nothing I would use again and or didn't finish. Apparently Mia wasn't enthusiastic about them either.

IMG_0065.JPG

As usual, these are some candle lighting goals!  And LOVE Mia in the background.

love that you included your dog! Also, great job on using up candles!

November and December empties.

Liked very much, will purchase again or purchase full size. Mindblowing discovery SHU UEMURA Ultime8 cleanser, Chanel consealer.

IMG_20161226_145402438.jpg

Next picture: liked, but probably will use only if I get a sample, not planning to buy (PEDI foot cream is here by mistake, it is awesome).

IMG_20161226_144808718.jpg

Just no. I wanted to love Drunk Elephant oil, but I don`t like the smell.

IMG_20161226_145041544.jpg

Great empties!  I hear you on not liking products because of the smell.  I want to like Tata Harper, but I just struggle to get past the scent.

@Sansara, what didn't you like about the sachajuan volume powder? i've been curious, so would love to hear your thoughts!

@curlieq There are much better and much cheaper options for dry shampoo. sachajuan feels on your hair like you put ton of a hairspray on your head.

Lots of nice empties! I've heard a lot of not so great things about the Drunk Elephant oil - I'm working on a DS of it right now and it's pretty underwhelming, even though I love a lot of their other products! I've been mixing it in with my moisturizers though and that's been decent.

15590956_745988452217693_1121180804560100489_o.jpg

The sunday riley tidal cream.. so ican't say i'm in love with it. I loved the mini samples we got at one point, do you guys remember that? I was able to snag 4 because of my in store SA, of course I made separate purchases for them. I mean I might as well have bought it but I wanted to try it out and I wanted other stuff at the moment. Anyway, I wasn't wowed by the big guy, I bought it during the 20 percent off? I think? Not this recent one, the one that was earlier in the year? I can't remember the name. But yeah. It's done, I feel like it didn't last me and I certainly did not live by John Hammond's code: tumblr_inline_nfnnewa6d41s89hi8.jpg

IMG_1964.JPG

Most of the stuff was good, nothing mind blowing:

FAB Hydrating Serum

Tony Moly Tomato Mask

Sephora Airbrush Foundation

MUAC Fade Peel

Dove DryMoisture Body Wash

Macademia Leave in Conditioner

EOS Shave Cream 

Keranique Exfoliating Hair Mask

Not for me:

Dove Men Care Deodrant 

Neutrogena Men Face Scrub (only used on upper arms) 

Bobbi Brown Cleansing Oil

Alterna Bamboo Frizz Styling Lotion

IMG_1886.JPG

Travel empties:

NARS eyeliner had dried out... but I've got another sample of it.

Mostly November empties

IMG_2316.JPGIMG_2319.JPGIMG_2320.JPGIMG_2321.JPG 

Loves, Loves Loves:

- OGX coconut milk conditioner full size

- Benefit I'm pure 4 sure ivory foundation travel size

- Burt's Bees - Coconut Foot Creme full size

- Burberry My Burberry sample card

- Burberry My Burberry black perfume spray

- Fresh Black tea age delay firming serum Deluxe sample

- Korres rose sleeping facial mini

- Nest - Indigo Perfume mini 

- Pixi face primer

- Schick coconut milk & almond oil razor cartridge replacements 

- Secret Scent expressions coco butter kiss deodorant

- Tokyomilk Dark - Everything & Nothing perfume

- Urban Decay - Anti Aging eye shadow primer potion travel size

meh/Maybe/:

- Sephora Colorful Eye shadow sample card- in the shades: scented candle, Tahitian pearl, lets dance & tree hugger

- Suave Essentials -  cocoa butter & creamy shea body wash

- Tini me! mini bath ice cream soaks, gotta have it pomegranate 

November empties!

IMG_4434.JPG

Loves:

Spoiler
B&B Don't Blow It
I love this stuff for how easy it is to just swipe it through my hair and forego blowdrying.

Tata Harper Purifying Cleanser
I've been using this as my morning cleanse and I quite enjoy the scent and the sensation of it.  Looking forward to picking up a full size once I deplete my cleanser stash.

The Body Shop Shea Body Butter
The one I usually keep in my travel kit.  Nourishing without being super heavy.  Good for any weather.

Odacite Summer In Hossegor
I love this stuff, too. I have noticed definite improvements in my skin brightness/evenness and hyperpigmentation since I started using it.  Quite possibly HG status for me; and while the bottle is pricy, it lasted me a good 6 months of daily use.

Tata Harper Purifying Mask
This is the second jar I've gone through this year. A bottle lasts me between 12-14 treatments and I tend to use it 1x a week. I adore the sensorial experience of this mask, and it is what prompted me to try the Purifying Cleanser, too.

Odacite Bl+C
A definite HG product. I go through a bottle of this nearly every 6 weeks.  My skin can definitely tell when I've been slacking on using it.

Farmacy Clear Day sheet mask pack
I typically stick to the Brightening mask packs on their own since they're my favorite, but the Soothing and Deep Moisture masks in this set really came in handy after an intense peeling session. 

Meh:

Spoiler
Kate Somerville Exfolikate Intense
Other than how surprised I was by it being green (since I was only using the acne version previously) I didn't find anything groundbreaking about this.  It didn't work as well as the acne one does for me, so I won't repurchase.

Christophe Robin Purifying Shampoo
It was just ok.  Made my hair feel very dry and straw-like. 

Face Shop Mascream sheet mask
Used this after the FAB intensive radiance peel; worked ok. I didn't feel super moisturized or anything.

Omorovicza Copper Peel
There's nothing wrong with it, there are just others I like better and I find the whole mixing components a bit messy.

LookBeauty Feetreat 
Did the job. Made my feet look like a lizard for a week, followed by extreme softness.

Nopes:

Spoiler
Drunk Elephant C Firma Day serum
I know it's just the fermented pumpkin extract but this stuff seriously smells like meat or yeast.  I didn't hate it enough to stop using it, but after using it daily since July I've determined it didn't do much for me and for the price I wouldn't repurchase again.

I did the same foot peel about 2 weeks ago. I always thought I was buying the peels, turns out completely different than the moisturizing ones I usually get by mistake haha 😂 the peeling was in full effect and so gross!!

Finally got around to collecting this month's empties.  Not as much as previous months, but it still feels good to clear out my empties bag.  Will come back and post individual item reviews when I have time.  In the meantime if you have questions about any specific items feel free to tag me and I'll come back and answer them as best I can!

Everything:

IMG_0121.JPG

Foils:

IMG_0122.JPG

Loves:

IMG_0124.JPG

IMG_0125.JPG

Nopes & expired:

IMG_0126.JPG

IMG_9653.jpg

LOVE:

* Empty Sephora pump bottle: I'd pour my eye-makeup remover in here because the pump made it easier to get product out. But after five years of hard service, the cap is starting to go. I have an empty Bioderma pump bottle I can reuse, but if that fails, I'll definitely buy this again.

* REN Rosa Centifolia Hot Cloth Cleanser: A wonderfully gentle cleanser. I have others to get through, but I'd repurchase.

* Indie Lee COQ-10 Toner: This came in a Beautylish Lucky Bag two years ago, and it had leaked a bit in transit, so they sent me a second bottle. I wish I'd kept that second one instead of passing it on. It took me a while to like this, but it's very gentle and smells amazing. I'd repurchase.

HATE:

* REN Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask: One of the few things I've bought after reading blog hype about it. It never seemed to do anything for my skin. It didn't hurt it, but it was a waste of space and money.

IMG_9655.jpg

LOVE:

* ABH Lash Genius Waterproof Topcoat: It waterproofs any mascara. It was a HG, and I'd repurchase, but it doesn't seem available anymore. I've moved on to a BareMinerals dupe.

* Nars Aqua Gel Mask: My Nars SA made me a sample of this and said to sleep in it overnight after drinking. I followed her instructions, and it seems to work. 😉 I'd purchase it.

* Glossier Coconut Balm Dotcom: My favorite nighttime lip balm. I've already repurchased.

* Burberry blush in Earthy: I FINISHED A COLOR COSMETIC! I'm so excited. I wore this blush as contour nearly every day for a year. Finally, I hit pan and the remaining product cracked and became unusable. I've moved on to Nars Talia, but would repurchase if Talia wasn't available.

HATE:

Etude House Baby Choux Base in Mint: It reduces the appearance of redness, but I can't get makeup to sit on it properly. It creases and looks dry and terrible, so I give up, goodbye bad product.

* Nars mini Ita brush: This came in last year's Steven Klein blush palette, and it sheds terribly.

* Tarte Tarteist mascara: The tube has a terrible design and the product itself clumps. I keep all my mini mascaras for a month, but got rid of this one after just a week.

IMG_9659.jpg

HATE:

* Christophe Robin Regenerating Mask: It didn't do much for my hair, but the worst part was the smell. I'm very sensitive to lingering scents in hair products, and this one stunk of florals. I used it twice and then got rid of it.

*Nude Detox powder wash: This was surprisingly rough. Give me Amore Pacific's powder wash any day; that one is much more finely milled. This one felt rougher than any apricot scrub.

Mostly samples this month, since I had to take a trip for an academic conference:

Lancome Grandiose Mascara - full size (this wasn't empty, it was just getting too old)
Aveda Light Elements Texturizing Cream - full size
Lancome Bi-Facil Eye Makeup Remover - deluxe sample

Samples
First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Hydra-Firm Sleeping Cream
Tarte Maracuja C-Brighter Eye Treatment
NARS Luminous Moisture Cream
Pur Correcting Primer
Urban Decay Perversion Mascara

Here are my empties for October/November.  image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpegThese are my likes for the month.  

You used an entire jar of meteorites! How long did that take? 

testing