Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

I don't feel like I used that much this month.

Loves:

decemplove.jpg

Spoiler
Farmacy deep moisture hydration mask- was really impressed with this one, even though results only lasted a little over a day
PTR 24K gold sheet- love these but will be backing off because of price until I can catch them on sale direct again
Sephora foot masks- work great after using clarisonic pedi attachment. results for 3-5 days, closer to 3 with winter dryness but still helps a good bit and feels nice while on.
DDG alpha beta peel original- I do this at work when I'm dull and can't do a full exfoliation/mask routine
Davines oi shampoo- HG. My 3rd or 4th bottle. gone too soon thanks to me dropping it in the shower and dumping a quarter of it.
Farmacy skin dew- love the product, hate the DS sprayer
E&J bourbon
Marc Jacobs volume mascara
LP restore hair mask- makes my hair SO soft even while wet. No winter frizz this year either and I think it's a combo of this and a couple other new things.
Whitestrips- A sure sign that I drank too much red wine and ate too much chocolate over the holidays.
Tatcha body butter- works great but really love the light and natural scent of this
Not your mothers dry shampoo- Has been HG for me for years. Works really well with my hair. The only dislike is a little residue that's hard to shampoo out and it takes 2 washes for my hair to really be "clean" again. But my hair is super dry and I don't use dry shampoo as often as many, so it's a non-issue for me. 
SR blue moon cleansing balm- This works great for me and a big issue of me taking care of my face has always been a dislike for washing my face with water. it getting everywhere and down my arms etc. Hello balm! This one does leave a little residue sometimes but it's easily removed by a second step if needed without being a mess. Leaves my skin soft, smells nice.

Likes- will use again

decemplike.jpg

Spoiler
Karuna hydration mask- worked well but results were short lived. Would be a good prep mask for me but not deep hydration.
Kenra texture taffy- I've used this for years. Smells great and works well for me for flyaways/top taming. As my hair's changed it doesn't work as well to run through my hair.
It confidence in a cream- would use again but nothing extraordinary. Used on my hands, was a great hand cream.
Tarte rainforest of the sea mist- feels refreshing, sprays well, but no real results.
Clinique pep start eye cream
Caudalie vinosource serum
Tata harper honey blossom mask- no harm, no real difference
Sephora pearl eye mask- 
Benefit high beam- i've had this for years and like it but have other things I'm working through now.

Nopes:

decempno.jpg

Spoiler
Orgins original skin serum- too strongly scented for me. 
Essence color correcting stick- Tossing, not empty. no staying power, didn't set. Blended out and away.
Bareminerals bareskin bronzer- watery, didn't apply well.
Nars laguna bronzer- didn't blend well on me
Korres rose sleeping facial- my skin was no brighter and dried out when I woke up
Bobbi brown smokey eye mascara
Erno laszlo 2 step cleanser-  oil was okay but the soap bar.. Messy and stung my eyes horribly. 

Loves-tube cut open is agave lip mask,had to get every last bit.
IMG_2170[1].JPG
The Hard Candy primer is a similar product to the Clarins beauty flash balm,I don't like it as well so probably won't repurchase but it is a decent option if you are on a budget.

That will totally be me when I get to the end of my bite mask, if I don't lose it first!

I've never posted empties before, but in 2017 I'm putting myself on a very low buy and wil be shopping my collection and using things up. I've lurked through this thread quite a bit and always told myself I need to do a better job of using things up. I'm really excited to start collecting up my empties and posting them.

Welcome!  Saving your empties and posting them is surprisingly satisfying.  It's made using things up almost as enjoyable as buying them in the first place.

@kelloua I definitely agree! I look forward to finishing things up so I can add them to my empties bin. It really helps me to use one product from start to finish instead of having multiple items for the same purpose in rotation at the same time.

@alexasteph I definitely have saved money through collecting empties. I focus on shopping my own collection ( I have A LOT of products) rather than purchasing more items I probably have that does the same thing!

Totally agree! Collecting empties has given me a whole new perspective on my collection - trying new products and finding favorites within stuff that I already own has been even more fun than just buying new stuff and never finishing anything! I think you'll really enjoy it, alexasteph - at the very least, it'll help make room for more fun purchases someday in the future! 🙂

I'm in the same boat. So excited to start using stuff up!

Woohoo! Last empties of 2016!

Loves

Screen Shot 2016-12-31 at 11.49.57 AM.png

Spoiler
Drybar Triple Sec Texture Spray - awesome. Already bought again. Perfect for my fine hair, especially right after I wash and air dry it and it's looking a little flat.
Erborian Yuza Double Lotion - finished a mini of this last month too, and finally bought a full size! What a good toner.
Philosophy Fresh Cream 3-in-1 - mmmm I love this scent. Smells like marshmallow.
Dionis Sea Treasures hand cream - really like these hand creams! Not my favorite scent out of all that I've tried, but still good and a very effective moisturizer.
Peter Thomas Roth Acne Invisible Dots - I wish I had found out about these sooner. I always want to have a sheet of these on hand! Every time I put these on after popping a zit at night, it's almost nonexistent the next morning.
MMM Replica Lipstick On - I really like this and could see it as my new go-to fragrance. I think I'll take the plunge during the next VIB sale!
Perricone MD Re:Firm Surface Recovery Treatment - I didn't realize how expensive this was when I was using the sample. I wish I had gotten a few more uses out of it! I could see this being a HG product for me - I'll probably wait til I get some kind of a deal on it at Sephora or Ulta and take the plunge. I woke up with such smooth skin after using it!
Becca Backlight Priming Filter - awesome primer, gives that nice lit from within glow and kept my skin from looking so dry under my foundation. Will purchase this.
Kat Von D Tattoo Liner - always my go-to liner. Will always keep repurchasing!

And one empty that was gone too soon...

Screen Shot 2016-12-31 at 11.50.11 AM.png

My poor CoverFX drops DS from the holiday bags last month suffered an unfortunate death after being dropped on the bathroom floor. I only got a handful of uses (maybe a quarter of the bottle?), but definitely a love and something I'm planning on purchasing soon.

Screen Shot 2016-12-31 at 11.50.21 AM.png

Spoiler
Sabon Patchouli Lavender Vanilla Shower Oil - PLV is possibly my favorite scent ever. Product was just ok.
Clarins Exfoliating Body Scrub
Whish Lavender Body Butter
Ahava Hand Cream
Hempz Original Body Moisturizer
Nuxe Reve de Miel cleanser
Clinique City Block Purifying Charcoal cleanser
Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mist
Butter London Double Decker Lashes mascara
Tarte Lights Camera Lashes mascara
Sephora Orchid Face Mask
Sephora Algae Face Mask
Make Skin Illuminator
Sephora Tinted Brow Freeze
StriVectin High-Potency Wrinkly Filler
Yu-Be Foaming Skin Polish
Peter Thomas Roth Rose Stem Cell cleanser
Too Faced Born This Way concealer
Soap & Glory Righteous Butter body butter
Ulta Fig & Honey body lotion
Dr. Brandt Needles No More Filler Mask
Keranique Scalp Stimulating Shampoo
Keranique Volumizing Keratin Conditioner
Ole Henriksen Nurture Me face wipes
Tony Moly I'm Real Makgeolli sheet mask
Patchology Eye Revive eye patches
Davines Replumping shampoo and conditioner
Rita Hazan Weekly Remedy Treatment hair mask
Kerastase Cristalliste shampoo
No 4 Lumiere d'Hiver Reconstructing hair mask
It's a 10 Miracle Daily Conditioner
Juice Organics Repairing conditioner
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Night Cap Overnight Protector
Bumble and Bumble Surf Infusion
Peter Thomas Roth Mega-Rich shampoo and conditioner
Pureology Color Fanatic Instant Conditioning Whipped Cream
Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray

Didn't Like

Screen Shot 2016-12-31 at 11.50.38 AM.png

Spoiler
Ulta Coconut and Almond Milk lotion - the lotion was meh, but the packaging was awful. Even when the bottle was almost completely full, I could barely get any product out.
Jack Black Turbo Wash - the scent was too strong/masculine for my taste. It reminded me of something an outdoorsman or lumberjack would use, lol

I'm very satisfied with my progress getting through lots of different products this year! I started collecting empties in August, and I had almost 200 empties from August until December. My goal is at least 50 empties each month for 2017, which would be 600+ empties for the year! We'll see what happens 🙂

brilliant idea to have a sample challenge going! I might have to follow suit myself. 🙂 

Oh no! That's so sad about your Coverfx deluxe sample.  I guess I've gotten lucky in that I've dropped my FS custom cover drops on the tile floor a few times and the top has gotten dented, but otherwise remained fine.

That is lucky! I'm guessing the FS packaging is a little less fragile than the DS then. I was a little sad about it since I haven't had too many dropped makeup mishaps before. I would've been a lot more upset if it had been a FS bottle - at least this was a free sample!

December empties!  A few things I was really trying to finish before the end of the year, and am happy I did.

IMG_5520.JPG

No hates this month either, which is always a bonus!

LOVES:

Spoiler
Shiseido Cotton
- not much to say, just a really nice cotton 

Odacite Jo+L
- pops up in almost every month's empties; safe to say it's an HG product

Garnier Micellar Water
- pleasantly surprised by this.  I use it at night to remove eye makeup and in the morning to take off overnight skincare remnants before exercising.

Clinique TTDO Balm
- one of my favorite balm cleansers. Going to be trying the new Farmacy 'Green Clean' next, but if it doesn't work out, back to Clinique I'll be going.

Kate Somerville Exfolikate Foaming Mask
- bought this in May and wasn't sure how I felt about it so I put it away and didn't use it for a few months. Rediscovered it in November and love it now! Gentle, but effective.

Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Lashes
- one of my HG mascaras, been using it since it came out in June.  LOVE!!

NARS Pro Prime Eyeshadow Primer (not pictured)
- forgot I finished this until I found the empty tube. Whoops!  It's a good primer. 

Tata Harper Purifying Cleanser (not pictured)
- dropped this in the shower and broke the bottle. Thank goodness it was only a DS, but that's why there's no photo.

Spoiler
May Coop Raw Sauce
- Ehhh, it was ok.  I don't think I'd repurchase it. 

Blithe Crystal Iceplant Pressed Serum
- Good for the first part of winter, when it's not super cold. I like that it's lightweight.

PMD red disc
- Red might be a tiny bit too coarse for me, I'm not sure. I felt like I needed to be extra careful using it.

NIOD Multimolecular Hyaluronic Complex
- It hydrated. Nothing miraculous and probably won't repurchase.

Marcelle Loose Powder
- Loose powder is one of the only products I use every single day. Glad to finally get rid of this one, it had a bit too much shimmer.

Body Shop Blueberry Body Butter
- Blueberry hydrated but the smell occasionally bothered me. 

Radical Skincare Pads
- I use these on and off all year. In the summer they are too much for me but in the winter they are fine. The brand is no longer available in Canada (I think) so I will finish the last tub I have in my stash and move on to something else.

Awesome that you had no hates!  That sounds like a successful month to me and you also used up quite a few things @Mochapj

Ok, so I'm still having issues with posting pictures (my screenshot file images are too large) but I finished off plenty of items this month 🙂

Loves:

Spoiler
amika - Perk Up Dry Shampoo
fresh - Soy Face Cleanser
fresh - Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment
Smashbox - Photo Finish Foundation Primer
Harvey Prince - Eau de parfum in Hello
Anderson Lilley - Beach Butter Hand Cream
Peter Thomas Roth - Therapeutic Sulfur Masque

Spoiler
Secret - Outlast 48 hour deodorant
Sephora Collection - Instant moisture+ cream
Josie Maran - Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter in Unscented
Ole Henriksen - Pure Truth Melting Cleanser
Hourglass - Veil Mineral Primer
Glamglow - Powermud Dual Cleanse Treatment
Palmetto - Rejuvenating Antioxidant Mask
Maybelline - Colorsensational lipstick in 920 Nude Lust

Meh:

Spoiler
Ole Henriksen - Truth Sugar Glow Polishing Mask
fresh - Rose Face Mask
HydroPeptide - Purifying Cleanser
L'Oreal Paric - Revitalift Bright Reveal Moisturizer Sunscreen

Nope:

Spoiler
Guerlain - Abeille Royale Night Cream
Ulta Beauty - Radiant Skin Sleeping Cream
Ole Henriksen - Pure Truth Youth Activating Oil
Ole Henriksen - Truth 25% Vitamin C Concentrate

It's interesting that the OH Truth Serum seems to be very hit or miss for people.  I originally thought I hated it because it felt kind of sticky, but it gives my skin such a nice glow that I tolerate it.

The truth serum did nothing for me personally, but I'm probably not the target age for the product (21) so I'm not too surprised I didn't like it.

Empties for the last couple of months. 

IMG_1938.JPG

Great empties @StephaniLynn

Last empties of 2016!

December Empties:

Loves - will repurchase

12.29 loves.jpg

Spoiler
-St Tropez Self Tanner Express
-BBW Snowflakes and Cashmere Body Cream
-Glamglow Supermud Treatment
-Kate Sommerville Exfolikate
-Belif Aqua Bomb Moisturizer
-Belif True Cream Moisturizer
-Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper
-Chane Le Volume de Chanel Mascara
-Origins GinZing Moisturizer
-Chapstick
-Prada Candy Perfume
-Dolce and Gabana Light Blue Perfume

Likes - used up, may repurchase

12.29 likes.jpg

Spoiler
-Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels
-BBW Tiki Mango Mai Tai Soap
-Soap and Glory Hand Food
-Amore Pacific Enzyme Peel
-Tata Harper Purifying Mask
-KVD Lock It Concealer
-It Cosmetics CC Cream in Medium
-Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion
-PTR Acne Clear Invisible Dots
-Belif Hungarian Water Essence
-Philosophy Hands of Hope Hand Cream
-The Healthy Deodorant Pure Vanilla Deodorant
-Its a 10 Daily Conditioner
-Sephora Triple Action Cleansing Water

Nothing Special

12.29 soso.jpg

Spoiler
-Caress Daily Silk Body Wash
-Frais Hand Sanitizer
-Living Proof PreShampoo Treatment
-PTR Cucumber Mask
-Vitabath Shower Gel
-BBW Mashmallow Pumpkin Latte
-Too Faced Born This Way Concealer
-Clinique Superprimer
-FAB Ultra Repair Lip Therapy
-KAte Somerville Goat Milk Cleanser
-YSL Touche Eclat Foundation
-Fresh Rose Face Mask
-ANGEL Muse Mugler Perfume (disliked the scent)
-Derek Lam 10 Crosby Ellipsis (disliked the scent)

Great empties @karap03.  That candle sounds like it would smell heavenly!  You're also reminding me I need to finally try my Belif Aqua Bomb samples.   I just have so many lotion samples.

testing