Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Yep!  It only took me 4 years!!! 😋 Kinda ridiculous that I buy a container of them every Christmas.  

November Empties - Holy FS Products Batman!! Most of these were a long time finishing up and just happened to overlap.

Loves - HG, would definitely buy again

FullSizeRender (7).jpg

FullSizeRender (8).jpg

Likes - would use again but not pay full price

FullSizeRender (5).jpg

Spoiler
The blue tube is the Kaplan MD Lip Balm, which is basically just a hydrating gloss but goes well over their lip mask for overnight, and the pencil nub is the Smashbox color corrector pencil in green. I liked the Smashbox on my face, but I owuld not use the pencil format again. Sharpening was a pain + product waste.

FullSizeRender (6).jpg

Nope

FullSizeRender (4).jpg

Spoiler
Caudalie Premier Cru Elixir - broke me out, couldn't finish
Ren Flash Rinse 1-minute Facial - I actually love this product, but this one completely dried up in the tube before I even opened it. Boo!
UD All Nighter foundation in 5.0 - way too dark, but also the formula was really meh.
Perricone MD Cold Plasma - truly awful smell. Got the promo DS, and now regret using rather than trading or something. I only made it twice before I just could not continue. Almost made me gag. Just no.
Burberry Catlash mascara - too wet, very clumpy on me. Also the applicator was kind of awkward.
Clinique moisturizer - I just find all the Clinique moisturizers either not enough or too greasy. This one was on the too greasy side.

That algenist vitamin C serum is awesome!  I'm still on the fence with the skII.  I have a huge bottle of it and am not sure that I see any effect though I'm only one inch into the bottle.  

I go back and forth preferring SKII over Missha's dupe. I do see a big difference in hydration when I don't use either of them (or that Clinique essence), but I'm not sure I see any bigger difference with SKII. So it's in the "loves" pile on the strength of its product, but also I actually won't pay full price for it because wow $$$. FS of the Missha is in the $40-$50 range, and they always have sales.

Perhaps it's just a case of my skin already being the best it can be and I'm just not seeing results because there's not much else that can be done besides maintenance.  In that case it's actually working.

The price is insanity!  It's over my mental price cap for skincare.  I was going to buy a small bottle just to try it out against the missha (which I still haven't opened) and my hubs interfered and told me I should go for the big bottle since we were in the Korean duty free.  He bought it- not me.  I doubt I will ever repurchase it unless I see a drastic change in my skin upon its completion.  

Yeah I have never paid for SKII at all, really - just trades, and DSes in sets.

I feel the same about the Catlash, but worse, I blind bought the full size and it's not great at all 😞 I'm hoping the formula might dry out a bit and I can use a different wand....

I hope it dries out well for you.  Using a seperate wand may help.  I'm guessing you're past the return deadline? 

LovesIMG_1689.JPG

Just ok
IMG_1694.JPG

I remember really liking that Vichy sunscreen!  The bee venom moisturizer looks intriguing!  

November Empties

Loves - would repurchase, loved using, worked great

12.1 loves.JPG

Spoiler
-Macademia Hair Mask
-BBW Pumpkin Banana Muffin Candle
-BBW Leaves Candle
-The Body Shop Shea Body Butter
-BBW Pumpkin Cupcake Hand Soap
-Origins VitaZing Sheer Tint Moisturizer
-Erborian Yuza Toner
-UD All Nighter Setting Spray
-Belif Aqua Bomb
-Dior Forever Foundation Shade 30
-Philosophy Purity
-Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer
-Glamglow Supermud Clearing Treatment

Likes - might repurchase, enjoyed using

12.1 likes.JPG

Spoiler
-Benefit POREfessional
-VERB Sea Salt Spray
-NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Cannelle
-Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist
-FAB Ultra Repair Cream
-MUFE Ultra HD Foundation in Y315
-Origins GinZing Eye Cream
-Amore Pacific Enzyme Treatment Peel
-Ouai Hair Treatment Mask
-Bliss Body Butter
-EOS Shave Cream
-Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo
-DDG Alpha Beta Peel

So-So - used it up, probably would not repurchase though

12.1 soso.JPG

Spoiler
-Breathe Easy Bath
-Ole Henrikson Nuture Me Makeup Wipes
-Marula Foaming Make Removing Wipes
-Vera Wang Princess Perfume
-BlowPro Dry Shampoo
-Bumble and Bumble Hairdressers Oil
-MAC Eye Makeup Remover
-The Este Edit Overnight Peony Moisturizer
-Briogeo Rosarco Shampoo
-Philosophy Take a Deep Breath Moisturizer
-Jane Iredale Smoothing Primer
-Patchology Hydrating Sheet Mask
-Klorane Chamomille Conditioner
-BBW Cinnabuns Hand Sanitizer
-Victoria's Secret Gorgeous Travel Perfume Spray

Dislikes - didn't work, would not purchase, didn't use all of the product

12.1 dislikes.JPG

Spoiler
-Lush Snowfairy Body Conditioner: hated the smell, reminded me of pepto bismol
-Paula's Choice Shampoo - did nothing, had the consistency of cheap liquid hand soap
-Korres Wild Rose Moisturizer - smelled too potent and was not very moisturizer, hard to absorb
-Hourglass Film Noir Mascara - thick and goopy consistency but applied hardly anything to the lashes felt sticky on the eyes

Spoiler

It's been a while since I've posted on this thread. Every month I take a picture of my empties and every month I struggle with getting BT to upload my pictures... 🙂

So I'll just write them out instead.

September/October

Loves

Spoiler
amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo
fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment
Cover|Fx Illuminating Setting Powder in 01 Light
simple Radiance Cleansing Wipes
Chanel Le Blanc de chanel multi-use illuminating base
Josie Maran Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 47
Harvey Prince Eau so Divine Parfum

Spoiler
YSL Souffle (2 eclat) Finishing Veil
Glamglow Glowgetter Mega Illuminating Moisturizer
the Balm Blush in Frat Boy
Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water
nelson Moisture Healing hair mask
Secret Outlast 48 hour deodorant
simple Cleansing facial wipes

Meh

Spoiler
Peter Thomas Roth Max Sheer All Dat Moisture Defense Lotion
Bobbi Brown Skin smoothing pore perfector

Nope

Spoiler
Trader Joe's Micellar Cleanser & Makeup Remover Towelettes

November

Loves

Spoiler
Wilma Schumann Hydrating Collagen Eye pads
Ole Henriksen Invigorating Night Treatment

Spoiler
Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil in Lavender Citrus
MAC Studio Waterweight SPF 30 Foundation in NW13

Meh

Spoiler
fresh Rose Face Mask

Loves

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Strongly disliked

image.jpeg

Loves

novemplove.jpgLots to love this month!!!

Spoiler

Farmacy skin dew: does set and is super refreshing. as others have said though, the DS sprayer is junk.

Dr. Jart tiger grass: need heavier cream for winter and this does it without feeling heavy or clogging! 

Dr. Jart cipicair: same ^

Diorshow mascara base: makes mascaras that look horrible on their own look good enough to use and awesome mascaras that much better. No more tossing DS! 

Caudalie sorbert: too light for winter use but great for if I'm doing my routine early and will use a night cream later or need less. 

Verb ghost oil: I'm SO sad this is here. I used it 3x and then it dumped in my carry-on baggie (which I'm grateful for because had it not been for the ziploc, it would have been more mess). This isn't a traditional oil but more like a light shine oil for me, which is perfect! It doesn't absorb like other oils but is a light, layerable and lasting shine! I am super picky about hair products and I'll be purchasing!

PTR un-wrinkle turbo: I'm still on the fence.. I can't say I saw major improvements. But, it didn't break me out and I don't look worse over the 4 months I've been using. Unfortunately I just finished this a couple days ago so I can't say anything a couple weeks out from stopping use.

Guerlain maxi lash: Looks amazing even by itself. 

novemlike.jpg

I'd use any again but wouldn't purchase.

Spoiler
I really thought I loved the farmacy mask after taking it off but a couple hours after use no changes and nothing in the morning. There's other things that do so much more for me.

No

novemno.jpg

Spoiler

Ahava hand cream was too strong scented for me.

Que Bella eye patches irritated my not sensitive skin.

Body wash smelled like bathing in artificial sugar. Gross

PTR peel-x.. I think it was just peeling itself. Gimmicky?

I must try that my little pet eye patch!   Soooo cute!  

My favorite day of the month! This has been my best month so far collecting empties.

Loves

fullsizeoutput_e56.jpegFullSizeRender.jpg

Spoiler
Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle Spray - love the smell, works well for my hair
Urban Decay Meltdown Makeup Remover - only eye makeup remover I'll use. Liquid removers irritate my eyes, this is perfect
Stella Stella McCartney body lotion - smells soo good
Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying pressed powder - use it every day to set my face and get rid of the greasies. Love it!
Tatcha Camellia Cleansing Oil - great for removing makeup, my skin felt so clean
Erborian Bamboo Creme Frappee - more of a like than a love, but I forgot it in my likes picture. Decent moisturizer. Would use again but probably not purchase
Ole Henriksen Truth Serum - love using it as a morning serum
Philosophy Raspberries and Cream 3-in-1 - one of my favorite scents of theirs
Urban Decay Naked Foundation in 0.5 - love it as a light foundation. Always use on light makeup days or mix with other foundations to avoid a cakey look
GlamGlow SuperMud mask - my pores always look so good after this mask!
Urban Decay Virgin eyeshadow - I really cleared this pan out, lol. Love it as a highlight, or all over - perfect shade for my skin tone
Redken Pillow Proof - good for air drying hair - speeds the process up a little bit without adding weight
Klorane dry shampoo for dark hair - one of my new favorite dry shampoos. Really works well for me
ABH Brow Wiz in Caramel - must-have for brows
Kat Von D Tattoo liner - only black liner I'll use. Will buy this forever
Sabon Body Scrub - forgot this in the first picture. This is one of my favorite products of all time. Makes my skin softer than anything I've ever used, and the Patchouli Lavender Vanilla scent is SO good.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Spoiler
Matrix Oil Wonders Shampoo and Conditioner
Number 4 Restore and Repair Hair Oil
Peter Thomas Roth Anti Aging cleansing gel
Philosophy Almonds and Cream 3-in-1
Dr. Brandt Ferulic and Retinol Overnight Serum
Estee Edit Flash lip gloss
Josie Maran Argan Finishing Balm
Urban Decay B6 spray
Loreal Everstrong Thickening conditioner
Caudalie Divine Oil
Ole Henriksen Clean Truth face wipes
Amika Nourishing Hair Mask
IGK 30,000 Feet Volumizing Shampoo and Conditioner
Vasanti Brighten Up exfoliator
SuperGoop Hand Cream
Perfectly Posh Oh Snap hand cream
Dr. Lipp Miracle Balm
La Mer Moisturizing Soft Cream
Bath and Body Works Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin Body Lotion
Les Couvents de Minimes Gardener's Hand Healer lotion
Algenist Genius cleanser
Dionis Water Flowers and Sea Salt hand cream
Soap and Paper Factory hand cream
Ahava hand cream
Christophe Robin Regenerating Mask
Korres Greek Yoghurt face wipes
Urban Decay Mascara Resurrection
Rahua Conditioner
Beaver Repairing Shampoo
Madame CJ Walker Pre-Wash Protein Treatment
Milk Makeup Micellar Water face wipe
Skin Inc Ceramide serum
Hempz Sweet Pineapple & Honey Melon body wash
Alterna Caviar Volume Shampoo and Conditioner

Didn't Like

FullSizeRender.jpg

Spoiler
Pureology Cleansing Conditioner - not for my hair type. Used once and it made my hair crazy greasy (even more than usual, lol).
Marula Foaming Cleansing Oil Towelettes - had to wash my face twice after using one of these. Didn't take off any makeup, just covered my face in oil.

I love, love, love the Sabon scrubs! 

So many great empties!

Thanks! Sabon has a lot of good products, but the scrubs really are the greatest!!

My November Empties:

Skincare:

IMG_3886.JPG

Spoiler
I loved the Tatcha Water-Gel Moisturizer (I will purchase a full-sized for summer but it's not enough hydration for the winter months) and Cane + Austin exfoliating pads.
I ordered a sample of Vitners Daughter from The Detox Market and wasn't impressed but it's likely I didn't use enough (I spread the sample out over several uses when it was likely the amount for one use). 
I didn't notice a difference with the full-sized PTR Unwrinkle serum but it did work well with my makeup. 

Masks:

IMG_3887.JPG

Spoiler
I usually don't notice much of a difference with these (but I enjoy the boost of hydration) however the Karuna and Skinfood Propolis and Bee Venom stood out as making my skin feel brighter. 

Makeup:

IMG_3888.JPG

Spoiler
I liked both foundation samples and purchased full-sized versions - Hourglass and Josie Maran Vibrancy. 
I liked the Besame powder (lovely light vanilla scent) and UD blush. 

Body:

IMG_3889.JPG

Spoiler
The EO shower gel and Deep Steep lotions are regular purchases for me - both are relatively natural and with lovely scents.
I purchased a sample of May Lindstroms The Good Stuff from The Detox Market and I loved the scent - this will be a full-sized purchase eventually. 
I enjoyed all 3 foil samples - they each had a lovely scent (yet didn't cause a fragrance-related headache). 

I finished a PTR unwrinkle turbo this month and feel the same you do with the un-wrinkle. No better but more importantly no worse! I agree it was light and layered well with things though. Have you started a new product in place of it?

We had so many similar empties this month. 🙂 I switched to a vitamin C serum in the AM (I am finishing a Murad and then switching to an Odacite) and am using a variety of serums (including samples that I want to use up) in the evening - I have samples of Algenist, Fresh and full-sizes of May Lindstrom Youth Dew and several Leahlani serums. What serum(s) are you using now? 

2 Replies
testing