Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Thanks!  I know what you mean about the Tatcha products.  I had the same fear.  Thankfully, I haven't loved everything.  I can't decide on how I feel about exfoliating powder (I think it does something but isn't enough for me to skip peels) and I haven't decided on the serums yet.  But ahhh that cream...

I keep using foils of HG illusion and I think I'm going to have to cave on FS.. It does go on and match perfect, and has great coverage without drying out. You're inspiring me to try raw sauce, I keep talking myself out of it. 

Yeah HG Illusion is great.  Prior to finding it I seemed to bounce around between brands but I haven't since.  The new one I opened is the 3rd tube I think I've owned.

And I really love raw sauce.  It helps that relatively speaking the price for the TS bottle isn't too bad.

October Empties!

Loves: FullSizeRender-2.jpg

Spoiler
Standouts for me were the gimme brow (already ordered the full size), Kiss my Face Lotion (love, love, love the scent.  Have to get through 20 other lotions before I can get another one though!), and Kat von D Concealer (dying to pick one up, but I have way too many others to get through first).

Spoiler
Nothing too remarkable, but I got through a few foils and deluxe sizes this month, yay!  I've been keeping a box of them on my counter, and my goal is to use at least one a day.  I'm probably most proud of finishing the three perfume vials - I have the worst time finishing perfume samples!

Dislikes:

FullSizeRender-1.jpg

Spoiler
Estee Edit Lipsticks - drying, and just terrible, terrible colors.  
Paula's Choice Resist Anti Wrinkle Serum - so, so, so sticky, and no results. So glad this is finally through!
Living Proof Style Extender - nope.  Made my hair feel dirty and limp.
First Aid Deep Cleanser - This probably would have been a just okay if the packaging hadn't broken and leaked all over everything! 
Shaveworks The Cool Fix - Dear god, no.  Absolutely not.  Burns like the dickens - even when I put it on skin that hasn't been shaved. Seriously, the CIA should use this in interrogations.  Just awful!

YOWZA! Awesome job on using up all of these in one month. 

What were your thoughts on the cinnamon toothpaste? I used to love Crest (or maybe it was Colgate) that made a cinnamon toothpaste but it got discontinued. I've been on the hunt for a more natural toothpaste too so the product you used up looks interesting.

@blondesluv2shop I love the cinnamon toothpaste - if you like cinnamon, I think you would love it.  The only moderately alarming thing for me at first is that it is sort of strange lightly tinted yellow/orange color?  It threw me off at first, but now I don't even notice.  They also make a mint version that is delicious (sort of a mild sweet mint).  I definitely recommend - it is Xyliwhite Toothpaste by NOW foods (should be available at most health food stores).  It lasts forever too - giant tubes, and not very expensive for a natural toothpaste. 

I try to avoid fluoride and be more natural in general in my dental products, and it has made a world of difference for me health wise. 🙂

Every month I think I'm kicking butt on empties and using up foils/samples but then I see posts like this - amazing job!

@JoannaMarieC @kelloua - it is seriously only thanks to this thread that I ever got started on my alarming number of samples.  The thing that has made the biggest difference for me is that I keep two boxes on my bathroom counter, one with daytime samples and one with nighttime samples, and try to use at least one from each of the boxes every day.  I also have a plastic container on the edge of my shower/bathtub with bath or shower samples.  Good thing I don't have to share a bathroom, since it isn't the prettiest set up... but it seems to be working so far. 😉

@JoannaMarieC I know right!  Some ladies here are seriously amazing when it comes to using up foils and samples.  Every month it's inspiration for me to dip into my sample stash even more.  I'm on a business trip right now and I know this thread served as a reminder to take foils with me!

october2016_1.jpg

October empties! Mostly DS samples I powered through 🙂 

october2016_2.jpg

Loves:

Spoiler
  • Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micelle Solution (Best cleansing water. HG status.)
  • Sunday Riley Good Genes (Amazing treatment..but too pricey 😞 )
  • Caudalie Vinosource Sorbet (Best summer moisturizer. A tad too light for winter)
  • Body Shop Grapefruit Hand Cream (Have yet to find a better grapefruit cream)
  • LUSH Sacred Truth (My current go-to daily mask. Super moisturizing.)

Spoiler
  • June Jacobs Papaya Mask (Amazing smell, okay results.)
  • Too Faced Melted Chihuahua (Great MLBB color. Applicator is so-so.)
  • Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask (Amazing smell, good results.)
  • Ren Anti-Redness Serum (Calms skin, but leaves it a tad tacky)
  • Lancome Hypnose Drama Mascara (My go-to. No smudging, but gets dry quick if not used under less than two months)

october2016_4.jpg

Foils: Only liked the NUDE fizzy powder. 

october2016_5.jpg

And sadly, one huge miss: The Eyeko Skinny Liquid Liner. 

This was honestly one of the worst eyeliners that I’ve used…

@MSenaI love the verbiage of 'powering through samples' that's definitely how I feel when I get to the end of something I didn't care for.

@kelloua Right? I keep seeing things through because some samples might redeem themselves .. but I usually fail XD 

I am so impressed by the lippie and the mascara - I have the hardest time getting through those!

@Milou07 I finished the mascara but the lippie turned 😞 it began to smell weird.  

I had to throw it away.. 

Oh that's awful.  I don't know that I've ever had a lippie turn.  How disappointing.  😞

It was weird 😞 Maybe I got a really old one? It used to be a part of a lip set. 

IMG_1776.JPGFavorites:

FAB Hydrating Cleanser

Tony Moly Skin Purifying Masks in Seaweed &  Makgeoli

Alpha Skincare Skin Lightener (trying to ge rid of some brown spots on my chest)

Maybe:

Bioderma (though I didn't see a difference between this and the Garnier version, I would probably purchase the latter since easier to find)

No, no, no:

Avalon Organics Anti-dandruff Shampoo, didn't even use it up. Too much for my fine hair.

The rest was just meh, I remember I used to love the Cerave eye cream but now I'm just not a big fan of it. 

IMG_1408.JPG

love that tiny little miss dior perfume! sew qt!

October Empties! I am proud of these, there are a lot of FS products, including both a powder (not *totally* used up, but too hard-panny to finish the dregs), and my first ever FS eyeshadow! It's an old-formula MUFE one.

Loves - Have or Would Repurchase

FullSizeRender (24).jpg

FullSizeRender (30).jpg

Meh - Would use again but not pay full price

FullSizeRender (22).jpg

FullSizeRender (32).jpg

Nope - never again. Some of these I couldn't even finish.

FullSizeRender (26).jpg

Spoiler
Exuviance Glycolic moisturizer - Ulta GWP or I would have returned it. Apparently I am not a fan of acids in my moisturizers; they can stay in my serums/exfoliators where they belong. In addition to a weird smell and weirder sticky/dry texture, this one broke me out badly. I tried using it on my neck to finish it up, and it broke out my NECK. I have never had neck pimples before - very much not a fan. Tossing it away half-used.

Boscia Exfoliating Peel Gel - I dislike the "it's dry skin" gimmick, when it's clearly just the gel itself peeling. Also it did nothing for me that I could see, and the peely gel was a pain to wash off.

Butter London Iconoclast mascara - too wet, hated the applicator
Various Commodity scents from the trial set that I just didn't like - Gin, Wool, Tea, Mimosa
Estee Edit Photo gloss - toooo sticky, and did nothing for the color of my teeth.
Ulta eye primer - too dry and hard to apply smoothly.
Shiseido face/body sunscreen - too heavy/greasy for my face

@JazaChai anything standout about the strivectrin wrinkle? I have a DS I'm thinking about pulling out when my wrinkle serum runs out soon. 

@CC3616 I actually used it on stretch marks, rather than face wrinkles, so I don't have any relevant advice. It did a decent job with the stretch marks though (this is about the 3rd or 4th DS I've used up), so that's something.

1 Reply
testing