Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Nice empties! So much rainforest spray! Did you like tidal? I didn't like Tarte rainforest @blondesluv2shop.. I really wanted to like the spray but just didn't see results. It felt refreshing but no noticeable differences. I also tried the cleanser and it didn't remove even a single layer of powder shadow and the moisturizer wasn't moisturizing to me at all.. 

@CC3616 I forgot to add you to my response about the tarte Mist. My detailed opinion is below this response. Basically it says I completely agree with you. I love the scent and feeling of it, but it has zero skincare value. 

Tidal broke me out, and I don't have acne prone skin. At 38, a break out just isn't cute or very forgiving! I really do enjoy her products though. I think she understands skincare from a scientist point of view and comes up with delightful products that do give me great results. That's the only product from SR I've ever had an issue with. Have you tried it? Do you use SR?

Good to know @GlamourJunction! I do use SR, currently I use good genes/luna unless I'm at work (every 3rd day) and also have blue moon in my cleanser rotation and have really noticed a difference. I introduced them all at different times and good genes was the most noticeable improvement. I ordered the 5 piece build your own SF kit with tidal and am excited to try it.

That's a bummer, I don't have acne prone skin either but I hear you at close to 30, it doesn't look like it did at 16. I really thought SR was hype for a while and resisted, but one of my SA's recommended it and I'm glad I gave it a try. I'm really dry and use heavier creams in the winter, and have already switched over. Do you think it'd be good to introduce now or wait for it to warm back up to try? 

What a bummer. tarte products really seem to be hit or miss.

What did you think of the tarte sea products? I haven't heard many people talking about them.

Even without all your empties this is a big lat!  Looks like you have great taste in skincare and used up quite a bit. Any favorites/HG's from the bunch @GlamourJunction?

@kelloua Most of my skincare comes in the blue tinted bottles. I have a friend who works with broken glass so I always recycle those to her. So my HG products are May Lindstrom Youth Dew and Blue Cocoon. They will remain in my routines forever. Mila Moursi Cleansing Toner, Nude Skincare Omega Cleansing Jelly, Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peels, Indie Lee's CoQ10 and her Eye Balm, May Coop Raw Sauce and Murad Hydro Moisturizer. I recently got into Drunk Elephant but I think it's too soon to tell. I also love Sunday Riley's Luna, but I upped my retinol game to Peter Thomas Roth's Retinol PM.I am 99% sure that will be a holy grail. What about you?

@blondesluv2shop My honest opinion about the tarte Mist is that it is lovely for self care, but does nothing for skincare. I loved using it as a refreshing spray because it smells wonderful, but it carries no skincare value IMO. I also used it as a setting spray because I don't like using most setting sprays due to the fact that they're filled with alcohol and my skin hates that. So I will continue to repurchase this when the mood strikes me because I believe using products like that is a wonderful way to treat yourself. Who doesn't love a splash of citrus yumminess on their face?!

Got through a lot of products this month...used up a lot of staples and tried lots of new things as well!

Loves

Screen Shot 2016-11-01 at 11.51.18 PM.png

Spoiler
Erborian Yuza Double Lotion - my favorite find of the month. This is amazing! I've added it to my daily skincare routine. Might be my HG toner...
Dionis Wild Ivy Hand Cream - love these hand creams. Have lots of different scents stockpiled at the moment...
Jack Black Shea Butter & Vitamin E lip balm - another staple that I always keep extras of.
Ole Henriksen Pure Truth Melting Cleanser - really like this for days when I wear a lot of makeup! Would purchase this.
Ole Henriksen Pure Perfection moisturizer - LOVE. Perfect for winter, but I used it year round as a moisturizer, day or night. This jar lasted me a year, there's so much product.
Nubian Abyssian Oil & Chia Seed Body Lotion - smelled soo good.
Urban Decay Naked Concealer - liked this better than Nars, which is what I was using before. This one creases less on me. The tube lasted a year, and the lightest shade works perfectly for me.
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day dry shampoo - really like this. I'll sometimes get a little bit of white residue if I use too much, but it's one of my favorite dry shampoos. Super effective.
Peter Thomas Roth Acne-Clear Invisible Dots - LOVE these. They really, really help get rid of problem zits so much faster than any other spot treatment I've used.
Hempz Sweet Pineapple and Honey Melon body lotion - smells sooo good.
Too Faced Better Than Sex - holy grail mascara. Will always keep backup tubes. Will never stop buying.
Urban Decay Enigma Primer Potion - I really like Enigma more than the original primer potion - for me, shadows seem to adhere to it better and I love the nude matte finish. And I love that the proceeds go to women's foundations.
Kat Von D Tattoo Liner - definitely a staple for me. Holy grail liner, must-have in my makeup bag.

Screen Shot 2016-11-01 at 11.51.29 PM.png

Spoiler
Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes
DevaCurl One Condition Decadence conditioner
Bath and Body Works Malibu Heat body wash
Vitabath Asian Orchid and Coconut body wash
Whish CC Body Creme
Tony Moly Rice Sheet Mask
Philosophy White Peach 3-in-1
Living Proof Pre-Shampoo treatment
Madison Reed Color Enhancing Shampoo and Conditioner
Beaver Rescue Repair conditioner
Kerastase Cristalliste shampoo
Skin Inc Licorice and Chlorella serums
Bite Whipped Cherry Scrub Stick
Origins Maskimizer
Caudalie Vinoperfect night cream
Philosophy Take a Deep Breath gel cream
Cane & Austin Miracle Pad
Hourglass Obsidian Mechanical Liner

Dislikes

Screen Shot 2016-11-01 at 11.51.39 PM.png

Spoiler
Sally Hershberger 24K dry shampoo - this bottle is still almost half full - it was just awful for me. I used it on second day hair and it looked like I hadn't washed my hair in a week, and it felt crunchy and disgusting in my hair. Couldn't even use the bottle up.
Burt's Bees Renewal Intensive Firming Serum - my skin reacted to it and was red and bumpy for a week afterward (a reaction I've had to only two other products before). Used it on my chest as well to use up the whole foil and my chest was red and bumpy too, so I know it was definitely this product.
Ulta Morning Whisper body lotion - was not the scent for me.

I have yet to try the Living Proof dry shampoo, but I think I need to. I have found a few that I like (Batiste) but none yet that I really love.

It is a really great dry shampoo @blondesluv2shop from what I've experienced so far.  Currently using Alterna - Bamboo Style Cleanse Extend Translucent Dry Shampoo from last year's dry shampoo set though.  (Never should have bought that because after that it was like the floodgates of dry shampoos opened from subscription boxes.)  From reading around it didn't seem like other people didn't like it.  But I love the smell...mango coconut probably isn't for everyone but it sucked me in.

The Living Proof is awesome, and I think you'd love it, but I've also recently tried Klorane for the first time which I think might be my number one dry shampoo! If you haven't checked that out I'd highly recommend it!

@maddieb25 I love the Living Proof but for some reason the Klorane didn't do it for me.  I wanted to love it since I know it gets so may rave reviews but it made my scalp itch.  😕

Great empties!  I tried different Skin Inc serums and wanted to love them but they were just likes for me too.  I think part of it is how teeny tiny the sample was.  I only got 1 1/2 weeks or so out of it which is no where long enough to see results.

Agreed! It would have been nice to try a sample for longer, but I didn't want to commit to a full size without knowing if it really had that much of an effect. Definitely just likes for me - I've tried other serums I like much better. I do have to admit that these tiny colorful bottles are SO cute though! I wish I had the whole collection just to line them up 🙂

I know!  Sometimes some of the packaging for samples is so, so pretty or cute and it pains me to throw them out.  For a long time I seemed to hang on to a lot of empty bottles and other packaging until I realized it just sat taking up precious space.  I always had visions of repurposing the packaging to do other things, but it never happened.  So I finally just had to trash them and be done with it.

@maddieb25 Can you tell me more about the Yuza double lotion? What did you like about it? 

I have a tough time finding toners that don't dry out my skin too much, especially approaching winter. And a lot of toners that I've found that aren't drying, aren't as effective and don't get as much excess makeup and gunk off my skin. This one is a great balance - my skin feels and looks SO clean after I use it, and the texture of my skin afterwards is so soft and just good overall. It's been a great addition to my nightly skincare routine, and I do think my skin has been glowier and healthier looking and feeling since I started using it!

I love the smell of the Yuza Double Lotion! Great empties this month.

Thank you! I like a lot of things about the Yuza lotion - the smell is just one of them 🙂

Anonymous Insider

IMG_2828.JPG

Spoiler
October empties
Super happy I was able to use up some foils! 

loves:
Aveno lotion 
Sabastian re-shaper hairspray

tarte lights, camera lashes 
Kate Somerville goat milk
pure argan milk 
tarteguard 
BB thickening shampoo 
smashbox primers 

dislikes
boscia white charcoal mattifying setting spray 
BB thickening conditioner 

I love using those shampoo & conditioner samples when I travel. So much easier than mini bottles. Great job using up all those foils!

testing