Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

I would like to look at your blog. Can you PM me a link? Or anyone else. Thanks!

Her blog is sparklezandstuffz

It is my first Google hit when I type ^^^^.

If it is not your first hit, .....

It is a wordpress blog, so make sure you add that extension (a period followed by wordpress) before the usual three letters following the period.

Thank you!

I have not tried that mascara yet, but I've received it a couple of times. Will check your blog review to see what about it missed. 

I don't think there is anything wrong with being in the minority.  There are other mascaras that get a lot of love around here that just don't work for me.  Though I do love me some Hourglass Powder.

Here are my empties from the last 2 months! I've been doing really well not purchasing products for the last year until I use up what I already have- taking empties pictures has been my motivation to do so.

Empties.jpg

I also haven't purchased many products this year. I even took a break from BT so as not to be tempted 🙂 It's so great to use up old stuff first! 

Isn't it amazing how motivating this thread can be to get you to use things up vs. just purchase, purchase, purchase.  I've started to look forward to dipping into my stash and using things up every bit as much, if not more, than buying.  Any standouts from what you tried in the past 2 months

So late to the party with empties, but I'm thankful for this thread this month.  It was one of those months that I didn't feel like I finished much until I pulled out my empties bag from my bathroom cabinet and it was fuller than I expected.  This thread also definitely pushed me to finally finish up a couple of things I had kicking around for awhile.

I wrote reviews for all of my loves and nopes, but only some of my likes so if you have a question, feel free to ask!

All the empties:

IMG_0011.JPG

Loves:

IMG_0012.JPG

Spoiler

Dr. Dennis Gross Facial Peels - These continue to be my favorite for exfoliating.  Immediate results.

Davines Love Conditioner - Davines continues to be my HG hair brand and I like the smell of this conditioner, though for my dry coarse hair I always give the edge to their Oi Line.

Davines Oi Conditioner - As mentioned above I love, love, love this.  I'm not sure I've ever found a conditioner this rich and my hair loves it.  The scent is pretty nice too.

Caudalie Vinexpert Serum - This is discontinued so I can't purchase anymore, but I really liked it especially since I was able to get it for a steal.   In general my skin seems to like Caudalie serums and I like the scent and how they feel on my skin.

Dry Bar Bay Breeze Hydrating Shots - Love using these once a week (well, more likely when I remember) for added moisture.

Mediheal G.R.P. Wave Forehead Patch - I found this a nice option for when I really just want a sheet mask to lessen the appearance of forehead lines.

Darphin Perfecting Body Scrub - This had a really nice almond scent I liked and did a nice job of exfoliating my body.  I loved using it before shaving my legs.  That said, I got it for a steal on clearance at Marshall's and I'm not sure it's worth the full price.

Laura Mercier Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer in Nude - I've tried many different complexion products over the years and always come back to this because I love how subtly it enhances my skin and how well it blends in.

Ole Henriksen Camomile Comfort Mask - I got this as a part of the power peel set and really like it.  It has a really soothing, creamy texture and a lovely almond scent.  It feels really nice over the peel.

Eucerin - I have yet to try a bad Eucerin product.  It's no frills but my dry skin likes it.

IMG_0013.JPG

Everything in this bunch was good but didn't wow me.  In particular I was surprised by the Skin Inc Hyaluronic Acid and Ceramide Serums (which didn't seem to do anything special for my skin and didn't last long enough to really see any results) and the Omorovicza Rejuvenating Night Cream (which was definitely good but didn't seem to justify the price to me since it didn't seem significantly better than other night creams/masks).  All the sheet masks were good but with so many out there I tend toward variety.

Nopes:

IMG_0014.JPG

Spoiler
I didn't care for Julep's Rethink Your Shower at all.  It seemed very thin to me and no where near as moisturizing as I expected.  I also have Laura Mercier Whipped Souffle Body Creme in Créme de Pistache in here, though I was torn on whether it was a like or a nope for me as it was on the edge.  I could never decide if I liked the scent of this.  It smelled more like cinnamon than pistachio to me and some whiffs smelled good where as other times I got an offscent.  (Though I did get compliments when wearing this.)  It's also just not hydrating enough for me.  It seems like only a slight step up from a Bath and Body Works lotion, which were never enough for my skin.  This Keim's shampoo is also probably borderline, but was nothing special to me.  And the lip gloss was super old and in the bottom of a purse so it seemed time to toss along with a promotional nail polish I knew I'd never use.

I need to work on finishing up some of my sheet masks before the year is up.

PS: I love how you have bath bombs in a glass apothecary jar. So pretty!

Love the davines oi line! Almost done with my conditioner, going on 2 years. I dont mind the price at all for something that goes that far.

I agree with you.  I've noticed a big difference in my hair since using it.  I try to switch it up with Devacurl to make the price sting a lot less but it's so worth it.

Great reviews. Bummer on that Laura Mercier Souffle. I'd be pissed if I paid that much for one step above B&BW quality. It's something I've wanted to try, but I think I will pass on trying unless I magically get one as a GWP or in a set.

I can't complain too much because I found it at Nordstrom Rack so I think I got it for 1/2 off, but I don't think I could justify full price.  But I expected it to be...better.  Though in hindsight I associate LM with more cosmetics products so I guess I shouldn't be so surprised that the body care seems to be just ok.  I did also get a set of hand creams though so I'm hoping those will be genuinely moisturizing.  The little jars are super cute though and I'm curious to see if any of the other scents in the line will be better.

September Empties:

Loves (have or would repurchase):

FullSizeRender (7).jpg

FullSizeRender (8).jpg

Meh (would use again but not pay for):

FullSizeRender (5).jpg

FullSizeRender (6).jpg

Nope:

FullSizeRender (4).jpg

Spoiler
Dress Code Blue mask: sticky and not hydrating
Too Faced concealer: all wrong colors
Tarte BB primer: cakey, weird texture/pigment interaction
Whish cleansing oil: waaay too silicone feeling
l'Occitane Light Comforting Cream: too fragranced for my face, I used it on my neck to finish it up
Julep cleansing oil: too heavy/greasy
Algenist moisturizer: it had PINK SHIMMER IN IT wtf Algenist. It did say "optical brightening" or something so I might have guessed, but I did not think Algenist would be a brand for random sparkles. Just no.
Lancome cream: too much fragrance and alcohol
PTR 24k Prism cream highlighter: way too dark for me, and also just an odd product. It's like a really moisturizing radiance primer, but it's SO shimmery it looks like it should be a highlighter... but it's the wrong texture (I think) to be using over base makeup instead of under... so confusing.
Cargo mascara: hated the applicator. It was one of those X things where the bristles are only in 4 ridges and don't go all the way around the brush. Ew.
Too Faced Lip Injection: made my lips burn, had to take it off immediately and they felt raw and stripped for almost a half hour. Common reaction apparently. Huge nope.

I love that Tatcha cleansing oil. I need to buy a full size!

I thought the PTR prism was so strange as well. I wiped it off after I put it on because it was just orange shimmer overkill on me. They tried to make it everything and missed the mark. I agree with it being too dark, maybe it would be a better general illuminator if it was lighter?

That sucks about the sparkles in the lotion.  I get some brightening but that seems....odd.  I feel that way about Lancome products.  Generally way too much fragrance for my taste and never feel as nourishing as I want them to.  What's the Tatcha product?

Camellia Cleansing Oil! My absolute favorite.

The Algenist has pretty bad reviews too - looks like people don't actually want an allover sparklebomb from their moisturizer 😛

http://www.sephora.com/sublime-optical-illuminating-moisturizer-P410237?skuId=1832898&icid2=products...

Glad to hear the glowing review.  I have 2 sample sizes from a couple of their starter sets.  I'm excited to use it since I've been loving the Tatcha lotions.  I didn't want to because I didn't want to justify the price to myself (especially when I have so many lotions to finish up first) but they are so lovely.

CYMERA_20161004_192737.jpg

@heartsmyface Thanks for the tip - I cut the Fresh glow tube open and it had about four uses left! I love this stuff so every drop counts lol

5 Replies
testing