Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

@RainbowRae I saw your pick on the main page and was curious of other opinions about the lavanilla. I just opened one from the beauty on the fly favorites set and knew right away the scent just does not work for me. I was going to throw it away, but can send it to you if you like. I really hate for it to go to waste. Just pm me if you would like it 🙂 I also had that same Omorovicza sample and had a bad reaction, the black foil of a cleansing balm I think also just felt so gross on my skin and I had a bad burning red reaction, which I rarely have to any products. My skin is not sensitive or anything and I regularly switch up my routine to try my samples. I was surprised it was so expensive too, but must work for some I guess. Thanks for sharing your empties! I wish I could save mine to see and review everything I used, maybe some day. 

I'm actually really stocked up on my deodorant right now, but thank you so much for thinking of me! I actually feel like I smell less bad overall since I switched to this kind of deodorant and my body adjusted. I feel like I rarely get stinky. I think the scents do vary, but I've only tried three of them so far. Omorovicza is a good quality brand in my opinion, but I've only tested two of their products that were keepers for me so far. I use the cleansing balm and always wipe clean with a warm washcloth and almost always follow with another cleanser. I feel like doing my cleansers that way got me the results I was looking for. Good alone but better together kind of thing. Sorry you had a bad reaction to it 😞

Anonymous Insider

Just back from 7 days in Las Vegas. All I brought were sample packets. I must have used 50+ including hair, face, body, sunscreen etc. I wish I had taken a photo...it would have been impressive. I will say, one that stood out was 'insta-sun' by body perfekt. It was a self tanner and body blur type sample. I asked about it in the local Sephora and they didn't remember carrying it. It was spectacular! I looked it up and it sells for about $48.00 online. I also like Christophe Robin hair scrub which I tried for the first time. I often save samples for travel and then can really see what I like.

That's awesome!  I haven't yet gone on a trip and brought all foils though I do try to bring a bunch and do some damage, but I've never come close to 50!

I wonder if some Sephora stores stopped carrying Perfeckt. Mine used to have a small display, but I haven't noticed it recently.

Screen Shot 2016-10-02 at 9.54.07 PM.pngthe sample empties 🙂 

that givenchy mister light was mr right! not only did i like it but that baby lasted me like 2 weeks!!! 

Loving the new background for the pictures. 

thanks!  i need something easy to wipe down on my vanity because i'm a huge mess 😛

September empties!! 

Like - kielh's cactus something mist, clean it zero, drunk elephant night serum

everything else is ok. Nothing I dislike. Though I was tired with origin overnight and ended up using it on my leg... But that's ok. Lol

image.jpeg

I am laughing about the Origins overnight mask. I opened mine so long ago, and it's still kicking. I may resolve to using it elsewhere at some point!

Likewise, I thought for sure that the overnight mask would be the first thing I'd use up ... this was a year ago. @notcreative @mychanelly

It was about a year ago that I opened it, I think. I remember opening it as the weather was changing. How is there still so much left? Is someone filling it back up when I sleep?

I don't have any photos because empty packaging sitting around drives me nuts (I tried saving in a plastic bag next to my vanity but threw it out 3 days later) but here are my recent empties!

Clinique Take the Day Off remover - Just finished my 15th bottle or something. This is one of those products that I have no idea how many I've purchased because it just doesn't get any better than this!

Too Cool for School Egg Mousse Soap cleanser - used this as my AM cleanser for the last 6ish months? One bottle lasted forever and I liked how gentle it was. Moved onto something else already but would repurchase in the future!

Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Moisture Conditioner - This was a repurchase in a larger size (largest with the pump) and I've moved back to my Evolvh Conditioner which I actually don't like as much as I remember. I'd imagine I'll got back to the Alterna once I'm done my two bottles of Evolvh!

Odacite Jojoba Beads Exfoliant (deluxe sample) - I got this with an order of Odacite serum samples, and while I like jojoba for my skin, this just didn't do much for me. The jojoba wax beads didn't feel like they did anything. Wouldn't purchase the full size. 

Shu Uemura Anti/Oxi Cleansing Oil - This is great at removing my face makeup in preparation for cleansing. Can't comment on how well it removes eye makeup since I always use my Clinique makeup remover to remove eye makeup. Lathers well and good first oil cleansing step! I've since moved onto Skin Food's Black Sugar cleansing oil but would consider repurchasing in the future!

LUSH Ro's Argan Body Conditioner - I bought this mainly for the scent, I went in Lush looking for the Rose Jam shower gel/perfume but both were LE and sold out. The sales lady said this was the same scent, which is true.... but after using a couple of times iin the shower the scent faded a little and smelled different. Also, the conditioner didn't do anything for my skin. Just feels like I had a layer of residue on my skin and really didn't keep it moisturized. I would be better applying body oil coming out of the shower! Took me forever to finish a tub of this and I won't repurchase. I will be buying the Rose Jam shower gel this year during the holidays though!

Ouai Treatment Mask (1 foil) - Just used this in the bath after using clarifying shampoo to remove hard water residue, and I love the smell! Hair feels very nice, will see how it feels after it dries. May repurchase depending on results. 

I feel the same, I just can't keep around the empty packaging! I live in a small enough space as it is.

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

LOVES

image.jpeg

Wait..holy crap!  This is just for this month.

Oh gosh no, it's for August and September:).  I couldn't find the energy to lay out my stuff last month.  Better:)

This is very impressive! It's such a great feeling of accomplishment to know you've made a huge dent in these!! I never remember to save my empties and I need to do this one of these days. Way to go! 🙂

Yeah, it's cool to see the progress at the end of the month. The saving empties has almost become an obsessive thing for me now.  I get excited when something starts getting low.  

So much stuff!!! Is that full size davines conditioner? It takes me years to get through one of those!

It was so awesome throwing out a whole bag of used up stuff!  And no, it was a travel sized one.  For some reason we have three travel sizes on the go.  I don't find it moisturizing enough for my hair anymore so it was repurposed as shave gel. 

11 Replies
testing