Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

My September empties with a focus on trying to work through samples (yet being careful not to stress out my skin).

Sheet masks:

FullSizeRender.jpg

Spoiler
Karuna masks are my absolute favorite but not so friendly for my wallet.
Sur Medic: My face was always brighter after using any of these.
The LLang masks all had a chemical smell and I will not repurchase any of them.
The SkinFood masks are so-so.

Skincare and Makeup:

FullSizeRender2.jpg

Spoiler
The baggies were samples I purchased from The Detox Market - I found a few gems and this started my new obsession with May Lindstrom products.
Ole Henriksen PowerBright: I didn't notice a difference but will try another sample in October.
La Mer: I tried twice and couldn't stand the chemical smell - I'll give my mom the rest to try.
Bite Agave Lip Mask: I really like using this at night - I wake up and it is still on my lips and they feel soft and hydrated. I will purchase the full size.
Algenist Eye Balm: This was such a lovely product but my quest for the perfect eye cream continues.

Body Products:

FullSizeRender3.jpg

Spoiler
Vita Liberata 2-3 week tanning mousse: I love this product and have gone through many bottles over the years.
Deep Steep Fig & Apricot Body Scrub: Enjoyed and already have backups. Lovely scent and relatively natural ingredients.
The Body Shop Peppermint Pumice Foot Scrub: I really liked this and will definitely repurchase.
Andalou Naturals Aloe Mint Body Lotion: Lightweight lotion that has the same peppermint scent as a Girl Scouts Thin Mint - I loved how this smelled!

I want to work through more samples, but my skin also gets stressed easily. Love all those sheet masks. I've never tried Karuna, but I want to.

CYMERA_20160924_170409.jpgrefilled my Fresh Glow with two travel sized tubes, my fingers hurt from squeezing it all out  hehe

Cut the tubes open and you've got another four days worth of product;) 

I squeezed those puppies dry but I will give it a try 

Love this. 

Anonymous Insider

Here's about 5 weeks worth. Once I pulled out my stuff I realized how daunting it would be to separate. Eeeeeek 

Maybe I should do bi monthly empties while I'm going through my stash and trying to get through things. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

😱 Wow very impressed!

danggg girl!!! i'm super impressed!

5 weeks?  Woah!  Good on ya!  Perfume bottles take forever to use up!  

Impressive! 

Holy cannoli! 

I am impressed this is 5 weeks. I cannot make much out, so I will just say wow. Super impressed by the NARS empty. 

Oh. My. Goodness.

This is amazing!

I thought I was doing a good job trying to work through samples but my pile is so small compared to yours. 

First half of September empties... 

Loved (will or want to repurchase depending on budget!!) // OK // Meh... 1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

That baby wash is so nice smelling!  

I just finished up the algenist wash and thought it was alright.  I worked, felt nice but didn't wow me in any way either.  

I sometimes use my kids products, too. I've never heard of Live Clean, but this makes me want to look into it.

What are the two products in the top right of the top photo?

The purple bottle is a hair glossing spray... Bain De Terre is the brand, not sure if it's only available in Canada. It smells so good. I loved it! 

The white box was included in a Look Fantastic monthly box, it's face cream. I don't usually 'love' face cream, but the consistency of this one was perfect for me. I have way too many creams to justify buying it though! The brand is Ioma.

FullSizeRender920.jpg

The good:

PTR un-wrinkle 24k gold sheet mask- It actually stays in place (only sheet mask ever to do so for me)!! Says it "instantly imparts opulent glow" which it also does. My skin looked plump and healthy as soon as I took this off and for the next few days. I saved the package serum and refrigerated it and used for the next couple of days also. Will re-purchase

PTR cucumber mask- soothing. I'm not sure I'd purchase a full size but i got a few free TS and will use them

PTR pumpkin mask- SA made me a sample and YAS I'm buying a full size. Aside from how amazing it smells (especially for fall), it works! 

Dr. Jart BB- This has a soft finish (almost like hourglass mineral veil primer) and decent coverage. I have a lot of BB's/CC's so won't purchase but will use samples up.

ABH dipbrow- Where has this been all my life? My sad, spotty, over plucked brows needed this years ago.. Put in on before showering, still had great brows after. Then did the sheet mask, still had great brows. Then went to sleep and rolled around for 8 hours, still had decently filled brows. Purchasing FS.

Acure body lotion- didn't see any firming action but smelled great. Would get again if on sale.

Bite thistle amuse bouche lipstick- SO pretty, perfect everyday shade for me. Will purchase FS

Guerlain meteroties sheer makeup- a little less coverage than I need but went on smooth and wore well.

Smart profile clarisonic head- does its job well

Hourglass veil primer- like this but I have enough primer samples to last my life so probably won't be purchasing

Gimme brow- I happened to glance down and see this on a day where my brows were going every direction before a trim. Worked great but I will be using the ABH I got in my play box this month.

Not your mothers dry shampoo mini (not pictured)- Love. Have used this for a couple years, already had backups!

The okay:

Drunk elephant b-hydra gel: worked fine, no breakouts but didn't see any intense hydration. 

murad invisiblur sheild- didn't notice any blurring properties, but no breakouts or balling like some of the blurring things do.

fresh soy cleanser: worked well, not my favorite but no negatives

estee edit dissolve the drama cleanser (not pictured)- also worked well with no adverse reactions. Would use samples again but not purchase. 

The bad:

Up and up makeup remover cleansing towelettes: Were okay at first but after about a week started irritating my eyes, to the point where there was irriation burns above my eyelids, OUCH! Nope!

Tarte lights camera lashes FS: not used up, getting tossed. Only the FS clumps horrible for me. 

FAB ultra repair cream- thought it might be repairing for my chemical burns mentioned above. Not at all. Enhanced irritation and burn which my normal moisturizer did not do.

Caolion pore pack- No issues while using. I'd say slightly effective, but had severe redness after use on cheeks which continued for a couple days. 

I want to buy that PTR mask sampler specifically for the pumpkin and 24K gold. I have so many masks, but that is one product I will always make room for.

testing