Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

That's awesome that you still had mask benefits for subsequent days with the gold mask.  I love sheet masks but for me the benefits tend to seem more short term vs. long lasting.

I think keeping the serum really helped with that too! 

I have had the PTR 24k gold sheet masks in my wish list for awhile,glad to hear they are so great,might have to order them soon.

@Seymore3 I was lucky enough to get them for $5 each during the PTR direct labor day sale. Maybe the 20% sale? I'm going to grab a few more then. I couldn't justify the full price not knowing how it would work for me. If you pull the trigger, have a container on hand to put the excess serum into. I use contact cases for extras/traveling etc and filled both wells up (and there was more, I just didn't have anywhere for it), there's quite a bit and you can lightly squeeze out the mask as well.

I don't have pictures of my empties. but I have a list going. from the last month and a half. 

Facecare:

• Estee Lauder - Take it away makeup remover lotion (Nope)
  • Korres - Greek Yogurt Sleeping facial (mini) (loves)
  • Ole Henkriksen - African Red Tea foaming cleanser, Travel Size (maybe)
  • Origins - Checks & Balances Frothy Face Wash,Travel size (Loves)

Fragrance:

• Georgio Armani - SI, sample vial (loves)
  • Marc Jacbos - Mod Noir, sample vial (maybe)
  • Theirry Mugler - Alien, sample vial (Loves)
  • Tocca - Florence (nope)
  • Tokyomilk Dark - Tainted Love, Full-Size!!!!  (Loves)
  • Treehouse Royal - Pinrose, foil sample (loves)

Haircare

• April bath, generic shower caps (maybe)
  • Bumble & Bumble Surf foam wash, Foil sample (maybe)
  • Bumble & Bumble Surf conditioner, foil sample (maybe)
  • not your mother's , clean freak dry shampoo, full size (maybe)
  • OGX - Nourishing coconut milk shampoo (full-size) (Loves)

Makeup:

• Dr. Jart: BB Beauty Balm, deluxe sample (nope)
  • Too Faced - Shadow Insurance Primer, foil sample (maybe)

Misc. 

• Beauty Blender Cleanser liquid, foil sample  (maybe)
  • Colgate - Toothpaste  (loves)

Skincare:

• Alba- Hawaiian sunscreen green tea SPF 45, full-size (loves)
  • Bath & Body works - Blushing Cherry blossom body lotion, full-size (loves)
  • Dove - Coconut milk beauty bar (maybe)
  • Earth therapeutics - triple butter foot balm , travel size (maybe)
  • Nivea - In shower body lotion, full-size (loves)
  • Schick - Intuiton replacement cartridge  (loves)
  • Sol Janeira - Braziliam bum bum cream, sample (loves)

I have a Drybar shower cap, and I love it. I am able to skip a day of washing since it helps reduce frizz. The generic ones gave me so much frizz that I washed everyday.

Hi notcreative 🙂 I have the dry bar one too!  I love it as well so I can skip a day of hair shampooing and not strip the natural oils from the hair so much.  speaking of which do you use dry shampoo in the meantime I find mine gets oil if I don't I am still searching for a good dry shampoo. I have bumble bumble pret-a-powder as my next candidate to try.  any recommendations for other dry shampoo if you use those between washes? also I agree with you about frizz problems with the generic shower caps. unfortunately they are the only method i have found so far to keep My hair masks locked in and plastered on my head while I let the product sit in I typically let it sit for 10 15 minutes so I don't wear it on my face and it doesn't drench the back of my neck. 

Great list and I love cherry blossom scent so that B&B Works lotion sounds lovely.

Hi Kelloua I  loved the Blushing Cherry blossom body lotion from bath and body works however I think they discontinued it a while back as i can't find it online or at nearby bath and body works Locations  this happens to a lot of the scents I like there. 😞  I  also love love love the Bath And Body works Sensual amber body lotion and body mist they had at one time. I've actually had someone grab my hands and sniff them once to both my amusement and anxiety once when I was wearing the amber scented body lotion LOL that is my all time favorite scent at Bath & Body works.now whenever i ask the representatives at the stores what happened to it they refer me to online. luckily I checked a few days ago and they still have the amber one. but sadly i have too many lotions on hand already to go through before I can even consider stocking up on new ones. favorites or not. they would likely go watery/change consistency before i get around to using them up. 

I don't have pictures but I am so proud of myself for the full-sized (and a few deluxe) things I was able to finish over the past month and a half or so that I wanted to share with you guys:

DS:

Korres Vanilla Guava Body Butter

REN Glycolic Lactic mask

FS

Korres Mulberry Vanilla Body Butter

Korres Mulberry Vanilla Shower Gel

Shiseido facial cottons

CeraVe SPF 30 daily moisturizer

Almay makeup remover sticks

Secret deodorant

Ulta Buttercream Cupcake 3 in1 Beauty Smoothie

Simple micellar water

Pixi Glow Mud Mask

Glossier Milky Jelly cleanser

Soap and Glory Heel Genius foot cream

*also some sheet masks and peel pads

I feel like there are a few more things which I'm not remembering, which is why from now on I'm saving my empties.

I have basically already repurchased everything in my FS list. 🙂

Pictures or no pictures that sounds like a successful month and it's great you had so many things you loved enough to repurchase.

I love the Ulta Smoothies and am kicking myself for not buying any when they were on clearance. I am just super stocked on cleansers. I've wanted to try the Korres Body Butter for a while, so I am glad you liked it enough to repurchase. Cannot wait to read your Josie Maran empties. 

I do like the Korres - HSN had a really good deal last year around the holidays with 2 full size shower gels and 2 full size body butters. With the coupon that was available I ended up getting them for ~$20. I keep buying the DS vanilla guava one from Sephora all the time. Not sure why I just haven't bought a full size :).

Yes, I can't wait to try the JM! I wish the other scents weren't so expensive!

I agree.  For me it's sort of like pictures or it didn't happen.  If I don't document it all I tend to forget what I've actually used.

A few empties from July and August, I did not like the B&B shampoo and conditioner or the YourMinerals loose powder. Everything else was a love or staple for me. I love the LM loose powder but then I tried the Tarte pressed powder and I had to go out and buy another one. It sets my foundation flawlessly and lasts all day. 

empties3.jpg

Which Body Scrub is that?

It is Tree Hut Almond & Honey, It smells so good!!! 

Sounds delicious!

Mmmm that does sound like it would smell good.  Yum!

I agree. Other than deals and promos, this is by far my favorite thread. I like sharing, but I also like reading how it went for everyone else. I tend to skip over posts without pictures, but I will stop and read if I see a list (if you want to share thoughts sans pictures).

Empties August 2016.jpg

Spoiler

Loved

365 Foaming Hand Soap Citrus Grapefruit- My husband finally committed to a scent and purchased a refill. Of all the scents we've sampled so far, this is the least fragrant. He is not into heavy scents, so I get why he prefers this one. The only thing that keeps this from being a FabuFind is the inconsistency and potential product waste. Sometimes, one pump is enough and does a thorough job foaming (as it should according to the product name) and cleansing. Other times, it takes 2-3 pumps to get the same effect. While I am unsure why this happens, I am not okay with it. Unless a soap is very cheap, it is unacceptable to use multiple pumps for one hand wash. Although I love a good deal, I am not sure the refill is practical. The pump on the original bottle broke with almost half of the refill left to go. Someone kept forgetting to buy a new pump, so we had to use it with the broken pump. Now that there is a new pump (for a different scent), I am on my own finishing what is left in the broken pump.

Suave Keratin Infusion Dry Shampoo- I received this from Influenster and gave it a lower rating at the deadline than I should have. They recently sent me another Suave Dry Shampoo to try, which I have not written about yet. This one is better than the one I am using now. It does not remove all the oil, so it is not perfect. For the price and the amount of oil it does remove, it is definitely worth it. My biggest complaint is the fragrance is a little strong, but I'd rather endure a strong perfumed scent than a bad one some dry shampoos have. I would not repurchase this unless I was at a drugstore and needed one right away. At the drugstore, this is the best I've tried so far.

Whish Shave Cream Blue Agave- This is still a FabuFind. It gives an ultra close shave without any nicks or cuts. I only need two pumps per leg or one pump for both underarms, so this bottle lasts a long time. My legs never feel overly dry or get a rash when I use this product. For years, I thought I was allergic to the razor, because I got a rash after shaving. As it turns out, I am allergic to some shaving creams.

Lancôme Génifique Yeux Eye‎- This really does everything it promises. It makes my eyes look brighter and helps de-puff my under eye bags. The roller ball attached to the lid of the product helps me with both of those issues, but it is easy to press a little too hard at times. I get some moisture I need when I apply this, but it is not thick enough to use on its own. Those without dry skin can probably use this by itself. As long as my skin is very dry, I will always use a serum and eye cream together, so I would never dock a product for that. The only reason I will not name this a FabuFind and immediately repurchase is the very ball that I love rolling on my eyes is a little messy. No matter how careful I am or how much I wipe, it dispenses too much product. This is not a cheap product, so I would want the bottle designed to conserve serum. If there was something (like shields) to catch some of the serum near the top, this would be a FabuFind and something I'd repurchase happily.

Sephora Charcoal Nose Strip- I actually did not use this, and I usually do not share things that only a family member used. My husband had a great result with this, so I will be trying it soon. Not only did this remove a lot of his blackheads, but it did so comfortably. It did not hurt him after removal or make his nose itch. When it comes to pore strips, I am hesitant to use them often. None of the masks we were using were doing much for his blackheads, so I was hoping we could use a few strips to clear him out and continue only with masks once he starts taking better care of his skin.

Ole Henriksen Power Bright- I had some user error with my first use and saw a lot of improvement when I used it correctly with my second use. This brightens my skin and leaves it extremely soft. My skin looks a lot better after I use this, and I love that I can use each packet twice by putting the leftover amount in a Ziploc. Instead of saving the second half of this one, I applied it on my husband. His skin looked a lot better after using this as well, so I am ready to promote this to FabuFind status.

BeautyBlender- This is another product I am ready to promote to FabuFind status. It gives an airbrush look that I cannot scheme with my fingers or any of the brushes I own. The BeautyBlender does not waste as much product a normal sponge, so it is somewhat economical. Although I wish it was a little more affordable, I will continue to purchase these. When the stains get difficult to remove, I toss them. The one I was using before this looks stained, so I am not even sure I will wash it to re-use it again. It is not falling apart and still works well, but the stains really bother my OCD.

Ahava Essential Day Moisturizer Normal to Dry Skin- This has a lighter version of the signature dead sea scent, but this one fades very fast. It is a moderately thick cream that penetrates deeply to intensely moisturize. I preferred this to the more expensive Beauty Before Age Day Cream, because it is not as heavy but feels as comfortable. My skin feels very soft when I use this.

Paula's Choice Mystery Product Y- I tested this product for Paula's Choice and am not allowed to talk about what it is, but it makes my skin feel very soft and hydrated. If I knew the name of the product, I'd purchase it.

Davines Naturaltech Energizing Shampoo- This was actually my husband's sample, but I used it almost as much as he did. Davines shampoo and conditioners are just so good that I could not resist. I actually prefer other ones from this brand, so I would not purchase it. Like others from this brand, it left my hair smelling and looking great. It reduces frizz.

Hang Ten Classic Sport SPF50- I really loved this sunscreen. It is relatively thin, so it spreads easily and works into skin nicely. My skin did not look overly shiny or tinted. The most important thing I look for in sunscreen is actual protection, and my skin did not burn. There is a sunscreen I prefer (because while thicker it works in as easily), so I would not make this a FabuFind. If I saw this in a store I shop at, I'd buy it thought. This is not something I'd search for if it is hard to find.

Molton Brown Heavenly Gingerly Caressing Body Polisher- I am usually not a fan of anything with a ginger scent (except Gingerbread cookies), but this was an exception. It smells great and light. This actually cleanses while it scrubs, so it a great time saver. Part of the reason I do not exfoliate more often is because it adds so much time to my shower. The beads are somewhat gentle, but it still leaves my skin soft and smooth.

Benefit Total Moisture Facial Cream- This is a really thick cream that is extremely moisturizing. It is probably a little too thick for summer, so I would use it again (only in the winter). The only drawback is my skin sometimes feels like it cannot breathe as well when I use this.

h2o+ Face Oasis Ultra Hydrator- This actually hydrated a lot better than I expected, because I have not had a lot of luck with gel moisturizers. It has Nutri-spheres that deliver a surge of antioxidant vitamins to help protect against aging, but mostly, they are just fun. When I first apply this, it almost feels like I am applying an exfoliant, because I can feel the spheres. They feel like exfoliation beads. My skin does glow with this, so it is a lot of fun.

Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair- I actually liked that this was thicker than my usual night-time serum. Thicker products at night are great for me, because I want my skin to soak up as much moisture as possible. The sample was too small to see if there are any long-term effects, so I cannot call this a FabuFind yet. It definitely makes my skin look brighter and feel softer each time I apply it.

Benefit GimmeBrow Light/Medium- I really love this product, because it is so easy. When I am in a hurry, I use only this to darken my eyebrows and make them look full. It improves the overall appearance greatly on its own. for a really full look, I like to add this over a brow pencil or another brow product. Even when used with other products, it mixes well. If I had to pick one brow product for life, it would be this.

Go Smile Double Action Whitening System- This is still a FabuFind and the only whitener I’ve used that actually works on tooth colored fillings and relatively pain-free. It does not hurt my gums or my overly sensitive teeth. The actual whitening is mild, but noticeable.

Ole Henriksen Protect the Truth CC Cream- I was actually nervous when I applied this, because it goes on very dark for a light CC cream. Thankfully, it settles into a color that is very close to my skin tone. It has a somewhat luminous look and has a little more coverage than the average CC cream. The SPF protects my skin, too, so I am happy they can pack so many great things into this product. My skin looks very dewy and dry patches are completely hidden.

LA FRESH Waterproof Makeup Remover- This removed all of my makeup, and I made a point to notice other things about it after failing to do so on our June trip. When traveling, I usually do not pack a separate eye makeup remover, so I used this on my eyes. It did not burn. One of the main reasons I use a separate product on my eyes is because a lot of these products burn. The wipe itself is not my favorite, but it gets the job done without falling apart and is wet enough to remove it all with the first wipe.

Bvlgari Green Tea Refreshing Towels- This is as refreshing as it claims. I used this to cool down after a day at Disneyland when I did not have time to shower again before dinner. The scent is light and not overpowering at all. My only complaint is it leaves a slight sticky film. The film is better than sweat though, so I would definitely use this again. Price prevents it from being a FabuFind. For this price, I would not want any film left-behind.

Ahava Mineral Body Lotion Sea Kissed- This reminds me of the Dead Sea Body lotion I already know and love, but this is better. It has all the moisturizing properties and a similar consistency, but it also smells incredible. Sea kissed is a great way to describe the scent, because it is somewhat beauty and fresh. I use a lot of body lotion, and this 0.2oz sample was not even enough to cover my whole body for a single treatment. As mush as I loved it, I need a bigger sample before I can consider this for FabuFind status. For now, I will just say that I loved it. My skin that did not get treated with this felt the same since I used the regular lotion. Like the main lotion, this fades over time.

Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Lotion- I already love what Paula's Chocie BHA does for my skin, but I prefer this in liquid form. In lotion form, it changes the order I apply it, because I always apply products from thinnest to thickest. It's possible the lotion is more ideal for dry skin, which I definitely have. When I am already using this with an essence, serum, and moisturizer, adding another thick product is a little too much for my skin. For those stopping after this step, they could prefer this.

testing