Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

I know the type of product, but I will never know the name of product. I cannot disclose what type of product I test for them, but I can drop some serious hints. My husband only joined me with one type of product this month.

I really loved one and hated the other, so I will never buy this specific product without getting a sample first. Thankfully, they sell foil packets. Although I hate the idea of buying foils, I can always add 3 foils with any purchase to figure it out.

Copy!  😉 

Very interesting and thorough reviews. I'm envious that you are able to try so many products at one time (or empty them out anyway)!

I was working on some of these full-size items for a long time. It is just a coincidence that I finished so many this month. Samples are easy to use up. My trick is never to start more than one new product (of any kind) at a time. I need to know what I am reacting to if I get a rash or hives.

image.jpeg

My first empties post! These are products I finished during the month of August, minus some shampoo and body wash my boyfriend threw in recycling when I wasn't paying attention haha.

Have or or plan to repurchase:

Lush R&B hair moisturizer - this has been my saving grace during the humid midwest summers. The SA gave me a super generous sample that lasted me over a month, when I finally finished it, I went right down and purchased the full size. 

TonyMoly Mud Sheet - my skin looked so bright and felt so soft for days after using this. It also calmed down some angry hormonal acne on my chin. 

Kate Somerville Exfolikate - I really really want to get the full size, but I have some other products I need to finish before I can justify the cash 

KVD Tattoo Liner - My daily eyeliner, I don't know what I'd do without it. 

Ok/ Might repurchase:

GlamGlow Gravitymud - ok, I really did like what this did for me skin. BUT the price is not attractive to me at this point in time. 

Atelier Cologne Mandarine Glaciale - again, I enjoyed it but I have other fragrances I would reach for first. I still have a few samples

of this, I'll decide by the time I finish those if I'll be repurchasing. 

Tony Moly Panda eye patch - meh, it was ok. But the patches kept sliding down into my eyes 😞

Pure Smile Rose sheet mask - pretty moisturizing, and super cheap! They're like $1.50 per mask 

Lush Silky UnderWear dusting powder - I liked the idea, but it got everywhereeee that it wasn't supposed to go. 

Not a fan/ will not repurchase:

cover girl loose powder - I've had this forever and was just trying to use it up so I could move on

Dr Jart water replenishment- maybe it's because it got lost at the bottom of my sheet mask stash forever, but this just did nothing for me

Pure Smile Strawberry sheet mask- smelled awful 

Caudalie Vinexpert day fluid - sadly broke me out, just like about 50% of caudalies products that I've tried. 

I feel the same way about Silky underwear, its a mess. I love the scent and all but I had it on my black carpets 😞 

Haha about 80% of my wardrobe is black, so if always have to brush it off my clothes. 

Not sure if this is what you're using the Silky Underwear for but have you tried Body Glide? It's a stick (like a deodorant) so it's not as glamorous/pampering-feeling as the powder but it works for preventing chafing (my daughter uses it on her legs during rugby).

Silky underwear!  Learn about something new overtime I duck into this thread.  Too bad about the pure smile strawberry.  If I had seen it I would have been intrigued.

I've tried some of the other Pure Smile masks, I actually really love the royal jelly one as well as both rose ones, so they're not all misses 🙂

Welcome! I've wanted to try the Panda Eye Patches and the Silky Underwear. Too bad neither stay where they should.

KVD tattoo liner is the only liquid liner I've been able to master. I'm hoarding a sample size right now and should just use it instead of hoarding lol

I've gone through probably 3 or 4 full size ones. I was all about Stila for a while but hated how the tip would fray eventually

Interesting.  I haven't had that problem with Stila yet.  I love it.  Its my HG liquid liner.

August Empties:

20160904_142054.jpg

20160904_142014.jpg

Spoiler
Did not like, will not purchase:
Rodial stem cell cleanser sample ... My skin did not feel completely clean, I prefer foaming cleansers.
Pureology instant conditioning whipped cream sample... The smell is toxic coming from the can, and the scent lingers for a while. It takes so much product to evenly coat the hair, and was not effective. 
Neutrogena makeup remover wipes sample....made my eyes sting really bad.
Honest Beauty cleanser sample....I will not finish the product. The herbal smell is much too strong for me, though it does cleanse effectively without drying my skin.

Everything else I like, and will purchase because I enjoyed the sample or full size item.

Looks like some great empties. A lot of mascara especially.

amazing Haul! I need to get better at skin care. also I'm intrigued by the soft soap whipped cocoa butter. is that a foaming hand wash i'm guessing by the hand pump on top that it is but I could be wrong. if it is a handsoap I  might have to look into that one. I love the soft soap line for their Coconut butter body Scub it has an amazing scent. and dare I say an HG for me by scent alone? 🙂 anyways again amazing haul. I need to get my empties going. I am planning on combining two - three months together 🙂

@WhereYouStand,

The soft soap whipped cocoa butter is a foaming hand soap. It has a nice light scent, and it is just as good as the bath and body works soaps in my opinion. 😊

thanks for letting me know. 🙂 

Dual Finish is my first powder love. It still holds a special place in my heart, but I think it is slipping. 

@notcreative,

I like the Dual Finish. I have not purchased it in a while; though I usually return back to it, especially when there is gwp at the department store counters! 😊

testing