Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Out of curiosity, which challenges are you doing @sparklekai?

@kelloua i'm doing a bunch on my blog! i'm doing a year long use it or lose it (both makeup and skincare), a use 16 in 2016 lip products, a take a bite out of bite (trying to use up bite lip products), 7 summer flings, 13 by Halloween and a use it or lose it project pan roulette. 

That's awesome.  I'm so impressed!

i'm trying really hard to actually use what i have before stuff expires...and really i have wayyyy to much stuff

you could totally do it! i think the key for me has been to find products that i like and would probably use anyways and then mix in 1 or 2 that i wouldn't otherwise use! 

@sparklekai So many empties this month!  I'm impressed you used up a whole colourpop shadow!  Out of curiosity, what do you like about the tatcha rice enzyme powder?  I want to like it but I can't really tell if it's doing anything for my skin.  I seem to notice the effects of exfoliation more when I use something stronger like a facial peel.

it reminds me of the amore pacific enzyme peel only i needed less product to get the same results.  its definitely not a hard core exfoliant but i have sensitive skin so thats good for me! i use a couple times a week and do a hard core exfoliant every 2 weeks or so.  

i think the best way to describe what i like is with what i notice when i don't use it!  i feel like i have more build up on my skin - especially on my nose and that my makeup doesnt go on as smooth

Gottcha.  That makes sense.  It's hard for me to tell because I use this daily in addition to other things.  (I'm sensitive too but for some reason peels don't seem to bother my skin.  So maybe not as sensitive as I thought.)

August Empties!

FullSizeRender (55).jpg

FullSizeRender (56).jpg

Meh: Ok but nothing special

FullSizeRender (50).jpg

FullSizeRender (54).jpg

Nope:

FullSizeRender (45).jpg

tl;dr - most samples are the wrong color, and gel creams aren't moisturizing enough

Spoiler
Smashbox foundation & concealer foil: wrong colors
l'Occitane cream: not moisturizing enough, weird "cream to powder" feel
Skyn Iceland Soothing moisturizer: I liked it but then it broke me out 😞
Clarins Double Serum: didn't like the texture
Algenist Genius Eye Cream: may have just been old, but it had a balm-to-oily-cream texture that I really hated, and made it very hard to work with
Hoola bronzer foil: waaaay too yellow
Clarins Day Cream: not moisturizing enough, felt like just sunscreen w/no moisturizer at all
Tatcha gel moisturizer: not moisturizing enough
Mario Badescu Vitamin C serum: weird heavy oil texture
Lorac concealer: way too dark
Missha Perfect Cover BB cream: too light
Clinique Moisture Surge gel cream: not moisturizing enough
Stila Huge Lash mascara: very wet and clumpy
bliss makeup remover: heavy silicone feel
UD B6 Prep Spray: made my makeup cakey. I finished it up by using it to wet eyeshadow brushes.
Fresh Rose Hydration Serum: did nothing, including hydrate.

Wow, you used up so much stuff this month, Jaza!

Most of it was many months in the works, especially the full-size skincare. The Clinique overnight mask and the Benefit scrub are both at least a year old. (and the Clinique actually went bad before I finished it sadly; it had a hole in the top crimp of the tube that let air in, so it got contaminated :()

Lots of empties!  If that's the Stila mascara in your last photo, I actually quite liked it.  But the b6 spray was never as magical as I wanted it to be.  I think I've been working on the same deluxe sample for oever a year.  I really ought to finish it up.  Which tatcha product was that?

Yes, the mascara is the Stila Huge Lash. It was very wet and clumpy on me, and smudged onto my lash line at the drop of a hat. Maybe with a different brush it would have been better, but who has time for that lol.

The Tatcha was the Indigo hand cream. It was a nice hand cream, but definitely not worth the $$$ over other creams of similar quality.

Ah.  I have the same hand cream because I think I needed something to meet a promo amount or something.  Know what you mean though.  That sucks about the clumping and wetness.  I definitely know what you mean.  I didn't have that problem with the Stila but I did have it with the UD Preversion mascara.  It sometimes makes me wonder if mascaras are produced with inconsistent quality because I've had some tubes of the same mascara that are great and others that are wet and clumpy.  Or I guess it could be how long it's sat on store shelves.

Mustard! I picked that Hoola bronzer up months ago and have not been brave enough to use it. I swear it looked like a bruise when I blended out the swatch. 

So much stuff!! is the PHD dry shampoo scented? I want to try it but I can be avert to stronger things.

It is scented, but not strongly. And it faded after the 30 secs-ish it took to dry down. Definitely not a strong or lingering scent at all.

August empties!!

like and repurchased: belif, algenist eye cream, sk ii essence, nars concealer

like but need a break for now: caudalie serum

great first impression: Dior essential city defense, cnp laboratory blackhead cleaner kit

enjoyed while I had it: urban decay naked flushed in streak. Love the blush, perfect for summer. Bronzer was ok.  Does not like the highlight, too shimmery... Dropped it off my vanity and that's the end of that. 

everything else: meh

image.jpeg

So sorry about your palette.  The same thing happened to me with some blush when I was traveling, so I can relate.

Using the same Caudalie serum now.  I really love it, but it's discontinued and I have other ones to try so it's time for a break for me as well after this container.

woo I didn't realized that it was discontinued. Thanks for the info.

Yea I found it in the back of my skincare stash. It was a holiday set I got a couple of years ago. I'm really bad at sticking to a product. I admit, it was wasteful. Those dark days. Lol. Thanks to this page and everyone contributing, I am a new person! Totally motivated though my purchasing habit still remain, but one thing at a time. 🙂

Yeah.  I scored it on a sweet deal when they had them discounted on the Caudalie website and then found more in my local Nordstrom Rack.  (I still saw it there recently but I think they are out of stock now.)

I know what you mean.  I used to have the same problem and this thread has made me find delight in using things up and going through one type of product at a time vs. having multiple brands of the same kinda thing open.

2 Replies
testing