Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

RIP palette. Hate when that happens. Would love to read more about the CNP Blackhead Cleaner Kit.

The cnp blackhead cleaner kit is a 2 step thing, though i think it's really 3 steps. Lol

1. Put the blackhead cleaner mask on... (Its the same size as the nose stripe that you have to peel off) leave it on for 10 - 15 mins. It's minty and ticklely, quite nice. I like. Then you just take it off, this is not like the nose strips, it doesn't harden and stocked to your nose.  It just dries a little on your nose and it comes right off.

2. The kit provided black q tips. In downward motion, you just have to wipe the area that the cleaner mask covered in step 1. You should see some white stuff sticking to the q tip and those are diets and oils from your nose supposedly. 

3. After you cleaned the area then you put on the 2nd mask, which is the pore tightening mask. It's supposed to close the pores after you remove all the dirts and oils. You leave that one on for 5 - 10 mins and that's all.  

So so far so good. I did use one on my nose and one on my chin. I feel it was more effective on the nose than the chin...   I have to use more, let see if it makes to my like list in the next empties. 😉

And here I thought you were just amazing at finishing that UD palette. 🙂

I would love to finish a palette. I hope I'll be able to one day. Lol

IMG_5195.jpg

LOVE:

* Wet 'n' Wild Mega Length mascara. It's $3; you can't beat it.

* Tatcha Radiant serum. I received this in a trade and I hate that I like it. It's so expensive! But it makes my skin so soft.

HATE:

* Marc Jacobs Highliners. These have a special place of hate in my heart. I bought the full-sized ones in the summer and fall of 2015 and the minis were from the 2015 holiday set. The holiday set had been recalled for drying out, but I bought the supposedly revamped ones. Except that I've found that all of my Highliners have dried out. You need to snap off a good chunk of dried-out liner to get to useable product. It's such a waste—both of product and of my money.

*Farmacy Eye Dew. I suddenly developed an allergy to this. And I never really loved it. If I hadn't become allergic, I would have used it up, but not bought it again.

IMG_5199.jpg

LOVE:

* Kiehl's Midnight Recovery oil. I really liked how this absorbed and my skin just felt healthier after using it. I want to use up some other stuff first, but I'd definitely consider repurchasing.

* Besame violet powder. It only took me 1.5 years, but I used up a thing! I really liked the brightening effect and will repurchase when I use up my Laura Mercier powder (and I'll be transferring that powder to this container, because the LM one broke).

HATE:

* Josie Maran argan oil. I never got a chance to use this. It was part of an oil set Sephora sold and I kept the bottle in the set's packaging until I used it. Except that the rubber part of the dropper snapped off before I ever touched it. Luckily, I stored it standing upward, so oil didn't leak all over. What a disappointment. 

* Korean serum. I can't find English on the bottle and I don't have the original box anymore, so I don't have the actual name. Isn't this bottle beautiful? Unfortunately, the gold flakes are too chunky and scratch my skin.

IMG_5201.jpg

Mask-a-palooza! Everything here ranged from OK to pretty good.

I have 3 products from that Korean brand with the pretty bottle. The brand is called Missha. Sadly I got the products from Marshalls/TJmaxx and I don't like them. I feel like they do nothing but the packaging is so pretty! Definitely won't be buying any more Missha.

@gxlxaxm Thanks for the brand name! I'll keep that in mind.

I'm always impressed with how many masks you use.  I always think I'm using sheet masks regularly, but never come close.  That one with the cupcake on it looks especially intriguing.

Also, it's definitely NOT just you with that Josie Maran oil, I had the exact same problem.  It was so annoying!  I also have a couple of highliners I haven't used in quite awhile.  (They are more unique colors so I don't reach for them often.)  Afraid to try it because, like yours mine is probably dried up.  It's a shame because I've really liked a lot of other Marc Jacobs cosmetic items but they seem so problematic.

I also hear you on Tatcha products.  I have a couple of serums from the sets I bought with the gilt city deal but haven't tried yet.  But the creams I've tried are amazing.  They work so well with my skin and are the only think I've tried with the CoverFX drops that actually give my skin a dewy look.  The more I try the more I have a feeling I'll fall in love.  Except with the exfoliating powders.  It's hard to tell if they are doing much for my skin.

I try to use one mask a week, and I think I used more this time because I was testing out some new masks from the Ulta B2G1 mask sale. The cupcake mask looks fun, but it wasn't anything out of the ordinary. I might repurchase to make a shipping threshold, but probably wouldn't otherwise. And I used up a bunch of those Shiseido eye masks because I was trying to see if I'd get better results with more consistent use—but then forgot to use them consistently, womp womp.

I treated myself to some UD liners in my most favorite Highligner colors to make up for the loss. I used to hate liners that need sharpening, but since I don't wear liner every day, let alone the same one, I rarely have to sharpen them anyway. And I know the UD ones will last forever.

I got a mini Tatcha facial mist in a trade and it was amazing. The full size costs something outrageous, but I really want it. 

@TKLJ Yeah I have a feeling once I try that mist all others will pale in comparison.  I really want to splurge and get it next time there is a good sale or promo but I have other mists I really need to get through first.  Currently using the renewed hope in a jar mist and I hate it.  Stings my skin.

That's great on the masks.  I've been trying to use them a couple times a week now that I have a pretty good stash of sheet masks.  But it's a lot easier to do a regular cream or mud mask since I find that to get them to 100% stay put I have to be sitting or lying down vs. moving around.

@kelloua I'm lucky that most sheet masks stay on my face pretty well (although there have been troublemakers), because I find them much easier than wash-off masks. I'm just too lazy to wash them off! 🙂

I'm jealous!  Try as I might to straighten them out I feel like the parts on my chin or the sides of my face sometimes shift.  Not to mention sometimes I feel like the dimensions of my face must be weird because the eye/lip/nose holes don't always fit right.

RIP poor highliners. I've wanted to try the Besame Violet powder forever. I am thinking of seriously getting some in my VIB sale haul, but my list is too long. I hope it makes the cut.

So the violet powder. I mean, I love it and I want another one. But it is just setting powder. I'd rather get more fun stuff at the sale first. And the full price isn't too bad if you end up getting it at another time without a discount. 🙂

My Josie Maran oil bottle did the same thing! I was pissed. It didn't leak every where but I had to transfer to smaller container. I think the oil is just ok not wow'd by it but want to use it up because I paid for it!

So obnoxious. 😞

LOVE all your masks and YuBe!! 

You're making me want to run out and buy more masks as well as the Kiehl's Midnight Recovery oil!

Wonderful Empties list!!

Thanks, @Fernleaf. As for the YuBe ... this tube fell under my bed and lived there for a year. I pulled it out and realized I hadn't missed it at all and didn't even want to bother finishing the tube.

Haha yuck I wouldn't have used it either at that point! I don't like losing things under my bed.. my cat constantly plays with my stuff and much ends up there.

August empties:

August empties.jpg

There were a few dislikes in the bunch that I couldn't wait to get rid of, but mostly there were a lot of old standbys and new loves.

The Davines Oi line continues to be my holy grail haircare line and I used up my shampoo, conditioner, oil and milk. (All already repurchased.) I also really liked the Davines Sea Salt spray that I got from @notcreative in a trade.  I have another TS bottle that I got from my sister that I am excited to use next.  I also really enjoy the Kevin Murphy Blonde Angel treatment.  I've been slacking on using it lately and my hair looks more yellow to my eye.  For the Deva Curl I had used up both a sample of the coconut cream styler and a full-size of the original and have decided I like the coconut version better and purchased that to replenish instead.

Dr. Dennis Gross peels, Ole Henriksen wipes (x2), Lush Ocean Salt, Lush Celebration, Caudalie hand cream and Anastasia Brow Gel are also all loves.

One new discovery I had this month was a scalp treatment from Caviar that I found at Marshall's on deep discount.  It's an interesting treatment you massage into the scalp, leave on for a few minutes, and wash out.  I don't have problems with dandruff but I do have a dry, itchy scalp so it seems to work for that.

All six of the sheet masks I tried were good, but I think I liked the Blue Dress Code Mask the best.  I can see why they are a favorite around here.  My skin looked really healthy afterwards.

The only real no's this month were the Pores No More Primer (felt like spackle) and Amore Pacific Moisture Bound Rejuvenating Cream (too perfume-y).

I got a little lazy about reviewing everything next month.  (With September's empties I'm going to try a new process of writing up thoughts as I finish something so at the end of the month it's not like I have to write out a novel at a whole time.)

I am so glad you liked it. I've only used mine once more since we talked about it, so I still have tons left.

I use the Alterna Caviar spray everyday and have been interested in trying the massage version. I also have a dry, itchy scalp that dandruff shampoo does nothing for. 

1 Reply
testing