Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Looks like a good month of empties.  You definitely did some damage on those face masks @Seymore3.  Where did you get the My beauty diary apple polyphenol sheet masks from?  Those sound interesting.  Do they smell like apple?

@kelloua I got them at the Atlantic Superstore.They have the boxes with 10 mask each.They do have a bit of an apple scent but it isn't strong.

I know you can get my beauty diary face masks at t&t grocery stores.  I wasn't a fan of the apple ones either.  They're for more oily skin which is probably why.  

Some empties from this month:

FullSizeRender (2).jpg

Spoiler
I liked everything except for:
-Dr. Jart hydrogel mask: this was my first time using a hydrogel mask and I didn't like how it kept sliding down my face.
-MediHeal Aquaring mask: it was brightening however the serum left on my face when I removed the mask felt like it never absorbed - it was quite thick.

Which Jurlique product is that and what did you think?

Interesting about the mask sliding off your face.  Were you sitting up or lying down?  Some masks are a bit more slippery and I find I have to lay down when using them to keep them from moving around on my face.  Looks like you definitely treated yourself to a few face masks this month.

I was sitting up - I'm never good about just lying down while I have a mask on. 😞 I also don't think the hydrogels are as hydrating - I am even using eye patches that are hydrogel and just don't think they make a difference. @kelloua

Yeah I hear you, lying down is challenging .  I have a TV in my bedroom so I tend to lie down when I do my mask with my head propped up slightly on a pillow.  Gives me something to do while I wear it without turning my face into a slip and slide.

I haven't tried hydrogels yet.  I have one in my box of sheet masks that I've been meaning to try. I kinda hope I don't like it because I have so many sheet masks that are much, much cheaper that I like.

How did you enjoy the Fresh roll-on deodorant? 

It was great, @Fernleaf! It is both an antiperspirant and deodorant and I thought it was very effective - I just wish the price was lower!

Thanks it sounds amazing!  The price is pretty high for a deodorant.  I've enjoyed some expensive deodorants though from time to time.

August Empties!

I am feeling extra lazy today and cannot bear to list all the products with mini reviews haha. Loves are things I will or have repurchased. I'd be happy to give any additional info if anyone wants to know about a specific product.

empties 8.25.16.jpg

Loves

loves 8.25.16.jpg

likes 8.25.16.jpg

So/So

med 8.25.16.jpg

Dislikes

dislikes 8.25.16.jpg

Great empties.  Looks like you did some serious damage.  (I'm always especially impressed at the candles that get used up around here.  I seem to never remember to light mine unless I have company over.)  What made the Glamglow a dislike for you?  Curious because I have a couple samples and haven't tried yet.

It caused a bad breakout unfortunately:( I used it the first time and had radiant skin but woke up with multiple zits. I thought it was a fluke and tried it again a few weeks later resulting in the same breakout. I think it has to do with the heavy scent/perfume. I usually love Glamglow but it was a pass for me.

Oh no!  That's awful.  I have acne-prone skin so I'll be curious how mine responds when I finally try it.  Thankfully a lot of ingredients that seem to give other people problems (shea butter specifically comes to mind, though I don't know if it is in this) don't seem to give me problems so I'm hopeful it won't break me out.

I am really trying to de-stash (and be on a low buy...) but I have so much stuff to use, ugh.

Here are my empties for the first half of August.

Loved (have/will repurchase) // Liked // Not for me...

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

That Bum Bum cream is on my list for the next VIB Rouge sale. Its amazinggggg!

Ha, funny cause I am in LOVE with the shu uemura shampoo and conditioner!!!  I also have extremely processed hair so it appreciates a good oily residue.  

That at brazillian bum bum cream is awesome!!!!  I'm trying to work my way through some other body creams first before buying it though.  

Is that the hey honey eye concealer in your pics?  Trying to decide if I should try it or save for a TSB as I already have 2 things of concealer open.  I know how overwhelming it can be to use up what you already have.  Maybe go through and pull out the ones you're really not looking forward to using up and use them for a TSB or donate them.  (I've got a big bag earmarked for a local shelter filled with things I know I don't need or want to use and that are too bulky or likely undesirable for a TSB.)

It's not a concealer, it was a face scrub! 

I need to find a place to donate my beauty stuff I won't use (or don't like)... There aren't a lot of those around here, but this thread is motivating me to go through my stash at least!! 😄

I keep seeing that stuff in people's subscription boxes.  I hope I get one in my ipsy bag soon.  The curiosity is getting to me. 

testing