Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Was that Hum the item from last month's featured Birchbox? When Lorelei said it tasted good, I was intrigued. 

I think the Hum that people got in their Birchbox last month was a detox powder - these were little packets of 3 capsules/liquid gels you take daily for hair and nail strength/growth. I was impressed with my results taking these, I would definitely consider trying more of their products (especially if they do taste good!)

image.jpegLikes: LP dry shampoo, ole henriksen truth serum, lancome genifique eye, Marc Jacobs highliner in brown (out), hourglass immaculate foundation, ole Henriksen  sheer transformations, Ken a volume spray. Meh- klorane soothing eye patch s, ren micro polish cleanser, gla glow dual phase. 

I have a sample of that Living Proof Dry shampoo and cannot wait to try it. Any loves?

The LP dry shampoo is the best dry shampoo I have used so far @notcreative I do love the MJ! 

Hi jen81 nice collection of empties! I'm Curious about the item in the center I think they are Yes to coconuts?  are they face wipes or remover? and what are your thoughts on it?

@WhereYouStand they are makeup remover wipes. They smell good like coconuts! I think it does an ok good of removing my face makeup. Eye makeup wasn't removed as well. But I don't think that eye makeup is removed very easily with most wipes. I got these because I had a target cartwheel deal and they were pretty cheap! 

August empties, featuring my cat Tuna 😂

image.jpeg

May Lindstrom Problem Solver, my favorite clay mask for sorting out troublesome skin.  Already repurchased.

Odacite Jo+L serum, great for acne as well. Already repurchased.

PMD discs, self explanatory, already repurchased.

Body Shop Tea Tree Oil, use for spot treating, repurchased.

Odacite Clair de Lune serum, I like to switch this up with another serum and have repurchased the kit it comes in, but I'm not opening it until I finish the other half of the kit (face mist)  Really wish they'd sell the serum on its own.

Kate Somerville Exfolikate Acne, thought I'd repurchased, but it turns out I bought the intense version instead by accident.  I like the Acne version better. 

Body Shop Coconut Body Butter mini, I go through at least one of these a month, usually in cocoa butter or coconut scent, repurchased.

Tata Harper Purifying mask (not pictured because I forgot it), love this stuff, already repurchased.  So incredibly soothing and relaxing. 

MEHS:

Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip, I think I've tried better cleansers, especially at the price point.

DDG Gentle pads, not purchased, just samples that I use when I get them but I wouldn't buy otherwise.

NIOD Copper Amino Isolate Serum 1%, I'm still deciding how I feel about it.  Used for nearly 6 months, I felt I saw results at first but I haven't seen any of the further cumulative results they promise.

NOPES:

Body Shop Green Tea Body Butter, smell was much stronger than expected for a green tea scent.  Distracting.

Armani Black Ecstasy mascara, too flaky for me.

MJ Velvet Noir mascara, also too flaky, which is a shame because otherwise this is my platonic ideal of mascara in terms of lift, volume and separation. 😞

REN Active 7 Eye Gel, I had this in my 'to finish' pile and I know it's not going to happen, as it's too old. 

Oskia Brightlight serum, like the NIOD, I saw results at first but moved on to others that worked better.  I did finish it, but I wouldn't repurchase given the price and difficulty to obtain in Canada, not to mention how difficult it is to layer with other products due to the silicone.

I love that your cat is named Tuna. Super cute. No loves?

Whoops, NC!  The 'likes' were my loves 😄

I concur. tuna is a pretty cool name for a cat. 🙂 

I love that you named your cat Tuna! 😄

Thanks @angel7594!

It was between that or Turkey 😄

the rest of my august empties!

IMG_7019.jpg

Dislikes on the left, likes on the right

Dislike:

Spoiler

benefit ka-brow: my brows are super thin and this didn't look as natural as other things for me

Sephora hand mask: doesn't come close to the awesomness of the foot mask! No real changes after wearing or lasting hydration.

Sephora lip mask: SA's highly recommended. Didn't stay on, no hydration with what little I did get on my lips.

Bare minerals lash domination: maybe it was the mini size wand, but made my lashes SO sparse.

Smashbox primer: eh.. nothing special

Tarteguard: also nothing special.

sephora lipstick card: loved the color of the matte (rebel chic) but it didn't go on well at all. Dry and not smooth.

PTR 24K gold: too orangey for me

guerlain abeille royale: sticky!! tried before bed and felt heavy. took 3 good rinses to get off. one of the ingredients is caramel..

josie maran finish balm: i prefer something heavier to get into my volcanic pores.. If you don't need that, this would be a good primer for you.

Dr. Brandt pores no more: okay, but NYX pore filler does the same thing for much cheaper.. 

Likes/Loves:

Spoiler

Ole Power bright: Many have already seen me rave about it. If you haven't- this stuff works! brighter after use and thought eh, it's okay.. woke up the next morning with  visible dark spot reduction and rejoiced.

Murad essence: got this DS in store and ended up purchasing FS. SA said it was the step i didn't know I needed, so true. Upped my hydration game.. 

Fresh nectar mask: It smells so good!!! I was softer after use, not much else change. Not sure I would pay full price but I enjoyed it..
Dr Jart BB: went on really well, would consider buying after i use up the 100's of things i have

Erborian bamboo water lock: Another game changer. I had this foil sitting around for ages and didn't think much of it. After abusing my skin playing with a new technique, this restored a red, dry patch right to normal. Also another hydration game upper and super calming. 

Sephora makeup remover wipes: Worked, didn't sting but would seek out cheaper options. 

Benefit goof proof brow pencil: I like it and goes on natural, not water resistant nor does it stay put overnight. A little goes a long way. Would use it if it showed up but probably won't buy because of brow power.

It brow power: goes on natural, somewhat water resistant and stays put (within reason) overnight. A little goes a good way, bought another.

I could not agree more on the Ole Power Bright. So soft and so bright!

Loves100_5947.JPG

Likes100_5946.JPG
My beauty diary apple polyphenol sheet masks-finished my box of these, liked them but might not repurchase since there are other My beauty diary masks I like better.
Josie Maran whipped mud mask,I thought this might not get dry on my face,it did but still didn't seem as drying as some mud masks can be.

Just ok100_5948.JPG
Ren wake wonderful night time facial-I think this might break me out but not sure,I have a deluxe sample tube so will try it a few more times.

Fresh sugar lip serum-I normally love fresh products but this one seems to burn my lips.

I like that you did not have any dislikes. There are lots of great items here.

Nice! With all the love for the lip wipes, I'm really wanting to try them..

I was just looking at that Pur cushin foundation yesterday. Did you have any specific thoughts on it?

@RainbowRae I liked it but lancome is still my favorite,the big down side of the pur one would be finding your shade since there are only 4 shades but it is a nice cushion compact.

I do pretty well with most of the light shades, so I will give it a try. I was using a similar product from a cheaper brand and have been getting breakouts with it. This one also lacks mica in it, which is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you for your feedback!

8 Replies
testing