Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

I decided to finally get my butt in gear so here are my empties for the first six months of the year.  Some of these are upside down or sideways, but hoping I can fix that tomorrow as my computer at home is giving me troubles. 😞

Makeup items:

IMG_0671(2).JPG

Hourglass Illusion and LM tinted moisturizer are HG products for me and have already been repurchased.  I also really, really liked the Ambient Light Color Correcting Primer and am strongly considering purchasing it.  I also really liked Laura Mercier Shimmer Bloc in Pink Mosaic but it was on the old side and crumbled on a recent trip.

Face Cleansers & Facial Wipes:

IMG_0672.JPG

I love Ole Henriksen wipes (especially the smell of Eucalyptus) so those have already been repurchased as has the Glamglow Thirsty Cleanse which is another love for me.

Lotions, Serums, Oils, & Treatments

IMG_0675.JPG

Caudalie Premier Cru L'Elixir & Serum are both loves for me and have been repurchased.  I was also pleasantly surprised by how much I loved the L'Occitane Ultra Riche Cream.  It was perfect for the winter.  My prescription Aczone cream in the back is also my go to for managing acne.  But perhaps my favorite find in the last six months was Tatcha Indigo Soothing Triple Recovery Cream.  I love how silky it feels on my skin and it really helps with my skin dryness.  I will admit the price tag is hard to swallow but once I work my way through my lotion and cream stash I am really considering it.

Antiperspirant, toothpaste, and perfume:

IMG_0674.JPG

Boring stuff above, though I was pumped to finally have used up Vera Wang Lovestruck.  It takes me FOREVER to use up a perfume and I think I can only remember using up one other perfume.

Masks, peels, scrubs, etc:

080316 empties.jpg

I wish this one wasn't upside down, but hoping I can fix it!  Obviously I love the Dr. Dennis Gross peels.  Glamglow Thirsty Mud, and Ole Henriksen Lemon Strip Peel are also loves for me as is the Juice Beauty Sensitive Skin Peel.  I also quite like First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Instant Oatmeal Mask.  Of the sheet masks, the Jurlique masks were my favorite, but they were sadly discontinued.

Hair:

IMG_0670.JPG

Lots of loves in this photo.  Devacurl and Davines products remain loves for me.  (Most of my Davines products got tossed. 😞 )  I also love the DryBar Bay Breeze Hydrating Shots.  And the Alterna Caviar Shampoo and Conditioner were great.

Body, soap, etc.

080316empties2.jpg

Foils:

IMG_0669.JPG

Vacation Empties:

vacaempties.jpg

Oh man!   And I thought my three months was a lot!  Lol, where have you been storing all of this?  

I love the smell of that love shampoo.  My hubs uses it and I love sniffing his hair, lol.  

I have a pretty decent-sized master bathroom (at least for the city).  I have two sinks and each has a cabinet underneath so one is dedicated to empties and MISC.

OMG! Very impressive!  I was noticing you cut the tops off some of the tubes.  Was that to get all of the product out at the end?  What a good idea.  

I wish I went through more of my products a little faster.  It would give me a better excuse to try more stuff!  😉 my husband is always like why do you need that when you already have drawers full of stuff....

Yep!  You're 100% correct as to why I cut the tops off.  I don't always do it  (if something is just meh to me it's not worth the bother) but if it's awesome and/or expensive I do.  

Anonymous Insider

This is amazing! I wish I had the self control to hold onto my empties that long. 

Definitely not intentional!  I meant to

do it monthly but kept putting it off!

Totally worth the wait! Not sure again where to start, so I will leave it at WOW!

Thanks!  Hoping I can go back to monthly as it is too hard to remember back to write full reviews of some things other than the regulars and products I loved.  Though it was fun to do a big empties post once to see some of my patterns.

Holy empties!  Good job using up products.

Thanks!  I really have been trying to use things up thanks to this thread.  I now want to try to go through my samples and FS products more regularly to prioritize things I should use up first.

Loves 100_5833.JPG

Likes 100_5834.JPG
Just a few empties this month and nothing I didn't like.

I'm feeling inspired to try that purple glamglow mask tonight.  

Anonymous Insider

That cleansing balm is one of my favorites!

I really like it too.  It almost has a warming sensation when it first goes on which I really enjoy.

I love months when there are no dislikes. What Tatcha item is that and what are your specific thoughts on it?

@notcreative it is the cleansing oil,it is a good basic cleansing oil nothing different  from any other cleansing oil but it works.

@notcreative

I'm positive the Tatcha is the cleansing oil. I've debated before about purchasing it or not.

I have a couple of samples of those and have been meaning to try them out.

Loos great to me.  Nothing you didn't like sounds like a win.  That apple peppermint mask sounds interesting!

My first time posting empties! I don't have much but wanted to share what I finished up. The loves: Bumble n Bumble Don't Blow it. It's the second bottle I've finished and will definitely be repurchasing another again. It brings out the waves in my 2b hair without having to use heat. The JM Argan Cleansing Oil is a HG of my mine. I've tried a few other cleansing oils and I keep going back to this one. It doesn't leave a film or break me out. The Caudalie moisturizer is perfect for the summer time. The Korres cleanser worked great with my Clarisonic. 

The no: Orgins clear improvement mask. It took so long for me to finish it. I used it 1-2x a week but didn't see much of a difference in my skin. 

These empties are so inspiring to see. I love the feeling of using up products. I now have a bin set aside so I can keep everything I finish at the end of the month. Hopefully I'll have some makeup items to share!

image.jpeg

1 Reply
testing