Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Definitely pick up a sample when you are in store.  Hopefully it'll be a hit for you.

I am getting excited to try that Bumble and bumble product now.

I think those are great empties!  Don't discount your progress.

Yay!   You did great on your first month!  I'm so tempted to crack my sample of that bumble and bumble but I'm working on another product at the moment.  Soooooooon!   

Anonymous Insider

Welcome! 

this thread has always been one of my favorites. It keeps me going through my stash and use up or toss things. 

I love the bb don't blow it! I actually love the straight and all style as well. The products don't weigh my hair down and give a great finish. 

Thanks for the welcome!  I put aside some products that I'd like to finish up this year. This thread has been so helpful in making a dent in my stash. 

July Empties! I am super proud of the fact that there are TWO full-size powders here. They were obviously a long time coming. I already repurchased the Hourglass but won't get the Besame again, or at least not the Violet. I might try the Vanilla one at some point, as I did like the texture.

Loves: Have or Would Repurchase

FullSizeRender (42).jpg

FullSizeRender (41).jpg

Meh: Nothing Special, not at full price

FullSizeRender (43).jpg

FullSizeRender (44).jpg

Nope:

FullSizeRender (40).jpg

Spoiler
CoverFX foils - all these were the wrong color. I might test out the concealer, at least, in the right color. I wasn't impressed enough with the highlighters to bother color-hunting.
Boscia masks - I didn't quite finish these. I got frustrated with the peel-off aspect; either you glob it on and it takes ages to dry (and in some places just won't at all), or you don't put on enough and it won't peel off properly.
Dior foundation - holy alcohol batman! Just no.
Amika dry shampoo - no results
Korres Rose Brightening Facial - enough alcohol to sting, and I tihnk it was breaking me out.
Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse foundation - wrong color, way too dark, also just getting old.
Butter London Double Decker mascara - way too wet and clumpy
Ole Henriksen Truth Hydrating Cream - made my face red and itchy
John Masters Organics hair milk - felt too heavy and "producty" in my hair
UD One and Done - highlighted dry spots like WHOA, too sheer for me
Derma-e Microdermabrasion scrub - too harsh
CT Primer - felt weird, did nothing for my makeup

I still really want to try Hypnose mascara and am still bummed that I ordered that Sephora bag advertising Hypnose only to discover it was Hypnose Drama, which I own a lot of.

Great empties!  Two full sized powders is definitely really impressive.  I have the Hourglass Ambient lighting palette and have used up 2 of the 3 but ever since I got a single I haven't come back to it as often and probably should!

Wow great job finishing up SO many stuff! 🙂 Definitely motivates me to use up more products.

Awesome job with your empties!  Finally finishing that Hourglass is an accomplishment in itself. 

What dedication!!

Anonymous Insider

I have been working on my HG powder for two years off and on. It seems bottomless but I have hope. 

That Boscia bright white mask was a nope for me too.  Anyone who wants to mask and wax their face at the same time might love it though, lol.  

Wow @JazaChai! You really clean out the Hourglass! Which one was it and how long did it take you to finish? 

It was Diffused Light and it took me probably a year. I used it almost daily in winter as an allover setting powder (now that it's summer I'm using a mattifying one to combat humidity).

When it got low, like just in the corners, I used the end of a brush to break it up so I could use it as a loose powder to get the dregs of it, especially for undereyes. My face powder brush is too big to get into the corners, but I use the small teardrop SephoraxHakuhodo brush for undereye powder, which worked perfectly.

July Empties

image.jpeg

Yassss:

Equate makeup removing wipes - I really love these. They remove my makeup and don't sting my eyes. 

Sexy hair Soy Tri-wheat leave in - holy amazing. I can definitely tell when I don't use this. It keeps my hair tangle free and manageable. I try to stock up when it goes one sale:)

Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue - one of my favorite perfumes. It's light and fresh. I've already purchased a full size bottle.

Dove Cucumber & Green Tea Deodorant - keeps my pits dry and un-smelly. Works great for sensitive underarms. 

Bath & Body Works Strawberry, Bourbon, & Vanilla Shower Gel - love this scent! Lathers well, and gets me clean. 

Shisedo Cotton - really like that this doesn't ball up or get caught in my lashes. Definitely want to buy this again. 

Kate Somerville Exfolikate - love this stuff. I use this 1 time a week and my skin likes it. 

Living Proof Restore Shampoo & Conditioner - smells good, kept my hair soft. I just love my Redkem Extreme more. 

Biore Nose Pore Strip - so satisfying seeing all this little gunk trees on it after you take it off. 

FAB Radiance Pads - I really like these but noticed they left my skin a little sticky after a while. 

MAC Oil Control Lotion - apply before makeup application and it helps with my oily mess. 

Dr. Brandt Pores No More Primer - like this, smoothes my face leaving it smooth and flawless. Also like that it doesn't contribute to my oil problem, but helps keep it at bay. 

I love months when there are no dislikes!

Great empties as always.  Strawberry, Bourbon & Vanilla sounds like an amazing scent.

Well here are my empties for the last couple months.  Now I can finally throw them out:).  The only things I just couldn't bear to finish were the doucce mascara which was super clumpy and the MAC eyeshadow in wedge which doesn't seem to apply smoothly.  I can't tell if it's just too old or if I got makeup snotty.  image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegAnd because there's just too much stuff accumulated to review everything, here's a pic of the stuff I would or have absolutely repurchased.  image.jpeg

It's Skin makeup remover wipes are the best I've ever tried.  They're actually quite oily but they remove even waterproof mascara easily.  I only hope I can find them again when I go to Japan this year.  I got them in Korea but can't seem to find them anywhere online.  Figures. 

Now that's a lot of empties!  You have inspired me to keep collecting my empties (I just started a few days ago). 

testing