Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

It was Diffused Light and it took me probably a year. I used it almost daily in winter as an allover setting powder (now that it's summer I'm using a mattifying one to combat humidity).

When it got low, like just in the corners, I used the end of a brush to break it up so I could use it as a loose powder to get the dregs of it, especially for undereyes. My face powder brush is too big to get into the corners, but I use the small teardrop SephoraxHakuhodo brush for undereye powder, which worked perfectly.

July Empties

image.jpeg

Yassss:

Equate makeup removing wipes - I really love these. They remove my makeup and don't sting my eyes. 

Sexy hair Soy Tri-wheat leave in - holy amazing. I can definitely tell when I don't use this. It keeps my hair tangle free and manageable. I try to stock up when it goes one sale:)

Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue - one of my favorite perfumes. It's light and fresh. I've already purchased a full size bottle.

Dove Cucumber & Green Tea Deodorant - keeps my pits dry and un-smelly. Works great for sensitive underarms. 

Bath & Body Works Strawberry, Bourbon, & Vanilla Shower Gel - love this scent! Lathers well, and gets me clean. 

Shisedo Cotton - really like that this doesn't ball up or get caught in my lashes. Definitely want to buy this again. 

Kate Somerville Exfolikate - love this stuff. I use this 1 time a week and my skin likes it. 

Living Proof Restore Shampoo & Conditioner - smells good, kept my hair soft. I just love my Redkem Extreme more. 

Biore Nose Pore Strip - so satisfying seeing all this little gunk trees on it after you take it off. 

FAB Radiance Pads - I really like these but noticed they left my skin a little sticky after a while. 

MAC Oil Control Lotion - apply before makeup application and it helps with my oily mess. 

Dr. Brandt Pores No More Primer - like this, smoothes my face leaving it smooth and flawless. Also like that it doesn't contribute to my oil problem, but helps keep it at bay. 

I love months when there are no dislikes!

Great empties as always.  Strawberry, Bourbon & Vanilla sounds like an amazing scent.

Well here are my empties for the last couple months.  Now I can finally throw them out:).  The only things I just couldn't bear to finish were the doucce mascara which was super clumpy and the MAC eyeshadow in wedge which doesn't seem to apply smoothly.  I can't tell if it's just too old or if I got makeup snotty.  image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegAnd because there's just too much stuff accumulated to review everything, here's a pic of the stuff I would or have absolutely repurchased.  image.jpeg

It's Skin makeup remover wipes are the best I've ever tried.  They're actually quite oily but they remove even waterproof mascara easily.  I only hope I can find them again when I go to Japan this year.  I got them in Korea but can't seem to find them anywhere online.  Figures. 

Now that's a lot of empties!  You have inspired me to keep collecting my empties (I just started a few days ago). 

Welcome to the trash saving community!😛😛😛😛

It only feels weird for the first month and then you start to realize patterns in your product usage and what you're actually capable of consuming versus what you've been buying.  It's a very beneficial thing to do even though you'll probably get looks from your loved ones when they find your garbage stash.  😆

I can't wait to see what you've gone through at the end of the month!  

Yeah I find the patterns in usage so interesting.  Also it makes me realize that a lot of things that ended up in my meh or just ok pile that were full sized were things I probably should have sampled before buying.  I do think posting my empties here has made me a more discerning customer.  It's also made using products up just as satisfying as buying them.

Yes!!!! I get so excited when I'm nearing the end of something.  It's like a little achievement!  

I have it hidden as I'm sure my husband would have plenty to say about it lol.

Wowsers!!

Haha, I know.  This is a couple months cause I was MIA for a while.  It's not normally this crazy! 

Anonymous Insider

Epic! @heartsmyface

I can't handle the trash accumulation so I try to post my empties bi monthly. I'm so excited for baby hearts!!!! Did put together a nursery yet? 

I completely understand that.  The trash was overflowing out of the bag I keep it in and I almost threw it out a couple times

Bahahahaha, we're so far behind schedule with the nursery it's embarrassing!  We've got new flooring in the works in there😳  Having a bassinet in our room buys us another three months or maybe four if we're lucky.  😅

Anonymous Insider

You have plenty of time! I had so much fun planning my nursery that my boy rarely used. Ha. Miss the baby stage, good times. 

Yeah, I know he's not going to care or be impressed with his room till he's like three or so, but I can't help but feel he needs his space (or I'll be needing mine) before then.  

We're just trying to update our guest room which was in reality a storage room.   It's been quite the process.  We definitely needed to allot more time than we did.  I didn't take into account how exhausted I would be feeling when the nesting kicked in.  

I do not even know where to begin, so I will just leave it at WOW!

It looks a little crazy when it piles up doesn't it?   

On a bright note, things are getting decluttered around here.  I almost have enough space in my bathroom drawers for baby stuff which is kinda a big deal. Mantra- I don't need four backups of everything.   

That is awesome all the way around. I just found out last night that my sister is expecting. I finally met my great niece on Thursday. My son said he did not want to call her his first cousin, once removed. I said, that's fine. Just call her by her name. It's been a great week for babies!

Ouhhhh, congrats on the impending family member!  

Hehe, that's cute of him!  I think he can just refer to her as his cousin.  A cousin is a cousin no matter how removed.  

I'm hoping to join this weeks' baby trend!  Please please please don't stay in there much longer!  I want rare steak!!!!   

I cannot wait to see him (when it is healthy for him to come out)!!

testing