Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Nope, not mango, the small ones are cocoa butter and the large is strawberry 🙂

I love the cocoa butter, but I have not tried strawberry yet either. I probably will at some point.

Oh, good, I was curious about Blue Moon, this helps, thanks! 

I'm impressed your Verb bottles held up. The ink on mine kept peeling off in chunks in the shower, and without my contacts in, I couldn't tell why my hand looked like it was molting.

It's funny you mention that @TKLJ - I noticed I had black stains on my hands every time I used those and the first few times I couldn't for the life of me figure out why...

July Empties

7.29 empties.jpg

Loves - will repurchase

7.29 loves.jpg

Spoiler
-Nars Tahiti Bronzer in Laguna
-Dior Forever Foundation in 21 and 30
-Philosophy Purity Cleanser
-It Cosmetics CC Cream in Medium
-ABH Brow Wiz in Soft Brown
-Macadamia Deep Repair Masque
-DDG Alpha Beta Peels Extra Strength
-Its a 10 Leave In Spray
-Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray

Likes - might repurchase

7.29 likes.jpg

Spoiler
-Dove Advanced Care Cucumber Deodorant - love the deodorant but not my absolute favorite scent
-Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo
-Whish Self Tanner Coconut Milk
-Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair Hair Mask
-Mario Badescu Rosewater Facial Spray
-Too Faced Hangover Rx Primer
-Dior Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet Perfume
-Estee Lauder Sumptous Mascara
-Urban Decay Perversion Mascara
-Tatcha Luminous Overnight Memory Serum Concentrate

Meh - used it up, probably would not repurchase

7.29 eh.jpg

Spoiler
-Karuna Exfoliating Foot Mask
-Living Proof Style Lab Instant Texture Mist
-Hourglass Illusion Skin Tint in Nude
-Fab Girl Leave it To Cleavage
-Philosophy Take a Deep Breath Gel Cream
-Hask Argan Oil Repairing Shampoo and Conditioner

Great empties.  I am also very impressed you used up a full bronzer!

@karap03 You finished a giant Laguna?! That deserves a gold medal.And I'm sure you could find someone trading one away if you want another, since it always ends up in GWP bags.

That was my first thought. I wonder if it is gone or if she tossed it because it's old. Very curious and wish there was a picture of what the pan looks like.

@notcreativeDarn I should have taken a pic of the inside. It was 95% gone. The very edges still had product but it was getting to the point of not applying on the brush well making application patchy. I love laguna and have moved onto a fresh one.

20160722_110259.jpg20160722_110104.jpg

Some finished products! 😊

Love, will repurchase or buy the full size:

Spoiler
Tresemme hairspray... best lightly fragranced and great hold.
Lubriderm lotion....unscented, non greasy favorite lotion.
Shiseido cotton...my fave for removing eye makeup. Does not fall apart.
Besame brightening French vanilla translucent powder...perfect for setting under eye concealer.
Benefit roller lash mascara....gives my lashes length and volume, non smudging yet easy to remove.
Natural Ice original lip balm spf 15......favorite matte unflavored balm, and it's only 99 cents.
Loreal True Match lumi cushion foundation....great coverage and staying power.
Clinique pep start eye cream....excellent fragrance free, and absorbs easily into the skin.
Fresh rose face mask....One of the most effective masks I have tried that moisturized without irritating my sensitive skin.

Did not love:

Spoiler
BBW sweet peach shower gel...did not care for the scent, and it made my skin feel itchy.
Deva curl super cream....the coconut fragrance was too strong for my liking, however the product performed well.
Crack original styling cream.... no detectable fragrance, however the product was difficult to work with and had a tendency to ball up.
Pacifica glow baby face scrub.... this was way too harsh of an exfoliant for my skin, and I did not like the fragrance.
Maybelline super stay better skin concealer...did not conceal well and had an odd fragrance that lingers.
Chanel hydra beauty micro serum......the strong rose fragrance was the dealbreaker, which was a shame because it is an effective serum.
Fresh soy face cleanser.....did not care for the cucumber fragrance, and it made my skin feel dry and tight.
Belif the true cream moisturizing bomb....not for my combo sensitive skin, felt very thick and greasy.
Dior jadore EDT.....does not work with my chemistry.

I've wanted to try that Pacifica, but have not gotten my hands on one yet. Thanks for the heads up, because I hate harsh exfoliants on may face. I am already a picker, so there is enough damage on my skin.

My empties have been building up! I'm moving soon so I'm trying to really use up my over flowing stash before I pack it all up! Too many things to list so ask away if you have any questions 😄

These are from May, June, and July so far:

Loves:

May - Love.JPG

June July - Love.JPG

May - Like.JPG

June July Like.JPG

Dislikes:

May - Dislike.JPG

June July - Dislike.JPG

Congrats on the move! Would love to read more about the reasons for disliking the Oscar Blandi dry shampoos. I've read so many great things, so I purchased a couple during the Beauty Steal at Ulta (even though I've never sampled any). It will take me a while to get to them though, because I use things in arrival order.

@notcreative Sorry I'm just seeing this! So I noticed I actually love the Oscar Blandi dry shampoo that comes in a yellow bottle which distributes nicely and absorbs all my oil.

This brown bottle felt really thick going on and didn't absorb. It left my hair feeling sticky and tacky at the roots.

Other people rave about this version though, so I think I'm in the minority!

In your loves you have the sephora brush cleanser. Do you like it for a beauty blender?

@tuinamaster SO sorry I'm just seeing your comment! I LOVE it for the beauty blender. I think it works just as well, if not better, than the Beauty Blender solid version.

My favorite part about this cleanser is it comes with a little silicone pad to really deeply clean my brushes.

It's also nice that it's a little cheaper than the BB version.

Haha, your stash looks like mine. I have been contemplating just throwing them away because I am embarrassed I allowed myself to accumulate so much trash Hahaha! 

@MUAStephM Last year I kept forgetting to photograph my empties each month, but I kept collecting them and finally snapped a photo of a giant pile of trash on my dining room table—the entire year's worth.

@TKLJ Haha! Sounds about right! 

Empties 1.jpg

Yes, Please:

Alafia Everyday Coconut Body Wash

Eh, so-so:

Avalon Organics CoQ10 Repair Ultimate Firming Body Lotion x3

Macadamia Natural Oil Healing Oil Treatment

RenPure Coconut Milk Nourishing Shampoo

Seabuckthorn Oil

Neutrogena Make-Up Remover Cleansing Toilettes

Auromere Ayurvedic Herbal Toothpaste

Empties 2.jpg

Eh, so-so:

EltaMD UV Broad-Spectrum SPF 46

Rita Hazan New York True Color Shampoo & Conditioner x2

Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic + Retinol Wrinkle Recovery Peel x2

Belif The True Cream – Aqua Bomb

Kate Sommervile Quench Hydrating Face Serum

Empties 3.jpg

Eh, so-so:

Mac Prep + Prime Highlighter in Light Boost

Make Up Forever Rouge Artist Natural Lipstick in Number 9

Tom Ford Lipstick in Casablanca

Too Faced Snow Bunny Luminous Bronzer from Bonjour Soleil Bronzer

Urban Decay W.O.S Eyeshadow from Naked Basics

Prada Candy Florale

Balenciaga Florabotanica

Chloe Perfume

Prada Candy

Marc Jacobs Daisy

Clean Velvet Flora

Givenchy Ange ou Demon Le Secret x2

No, thanks:

Benefit Watt’s Up Highlighter **

Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara

Revlon Color Stay Just Bitten Balm Stain in Charm **

Revlon Color Stay Just Bitten Balm Stain in Previous **

L’Oreal Brow Stylist Designer Eyebrow Pencil

NYX Wonder Pencil in Light

Smashbox Be Legendary Lip Enhancing Gloss in Illume **

** Stuff I'm just tossing, didn't technically fully use up. 

Pretty happy with how much makeup I was able to use up!

4 Replies
testing