Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

I love those wipes. Too bad they went dry on you. I put my wipes inside a larger sealed bag, usually a ziploc. I do not use them fast enough, even in the 5 pack size.

Thanks for the tip @notcreative ! 🙂 I should probably try that. I absolutely like the brightening effect they give, so I was kind of bummed about it getting dry that fast.

That's too bad about the cloths.  Those are my favorite and I tend to get the large pack.  I guess I've gotten lucky because mine have always stayed pretty moist.

Love all the face masks!

I'm starting to think that I might have got a dud 😕 I might try to buy the 30 pack again at the VIB sale and see 🙂 

April 2016 Empties

What a slow month .. Hopefully the first and last one for this year ! 🙂 

FullSizeRender (8).jpg

Love

Spoiler

Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment Sunscreen SPF 15 (Sample) : Wonderful product ! It really hydrates well and it’s non sticky. It’s a big plus that it has sun protection too. You don’t have to reapply constantly too, unlike some other lip balms. The only con is that the product is so creamy that you always have to be careful when using it. It breaks easily and I guess it would melt quite fast on a hot summer day. * I will rebuy it in the future. Have no backups for the moment.

The Face Shop Intense Moisture MasCream Sheet : I used this because my skin was itchy and sensible because of allergies. It is soaked with cream so it was much more moisturising than regular cotton sheet masks. The product absorbed really quickly in my skin and it calmed it. The smell is pleasant and the mask fit was great. * I already have backups of it and will buy again in the future.

The Face Shop Real Nature Face Mask Aloe : That is a lifesaver mask that I like to use once in a while, when needed. This helped to calm my skin during allergies and to make it look noticeably less red. It also hydrates the skin really well. * Already have backups of this and I will repurchase in the future.

The Face Shop Real Nature Face Mask Avocado : This was my first time using that sheet mask and I must say that it was very hydrating ! It is designed for dry skin. I used it when my skin felt dry because of allergies. It absorbed quickly into my skin and was not irritating. * I would buy again in the future, especially for fall & winter time. I don’t have backups for the moment.

Spoiler

The Face Shop Real Nature Face Mask Honey : This mask made my skin feel hydrated and soft. It did not irritate my face and it didn’t make my skin oily after using. * Even though it is not the mask who gives the most spectacular results on my skin, I would repurchase if it’s available at my store during a future sale. I don’t have any backups at the moment.

Meh

Spoiler

Etude House I Need You Lemon Sheet Mask : Finally finished my stash of Etude House lemon sheet masks ! As I wrote in my previous Empties posts, the brightening effect of that sheet mask wasn’t spectacular at all and didn’t last very long either. The mask didn’t fit my eye area at all and did sting my eyes at times. * Needless to say, I won’t repurchase these ones. The Face Shop ones work a lot better with my skin.

The Face Shop Real Nature Face Mask Mung Bean : Bought this & used this in hope that it would help with breakups, but sincerely I didn’t see any difference after using it. It does not irritate, but that’s about it. It didn’t help controil oily skin either. * Have backups to use, but I don’t plan on repurchasing later. I much prefer to use The Face Shop Clean Face Soothing Face Mask For Oily Skin and will rebuy this one instead.

Nope

Spoiler

Secret Baby Powder Roll-On Antiperspirant/Deodorant : While this product helped with odor, my armpits still got wet once in a while. It was quite uncomfortable and the product also made my armpits itchy occasionally. * I have another one to use, but I won’t repurchase in the future.

Great face mask empties!  I don't know that I've tried that brand yet.

Thanks @kelloua 😄 The Face Shop is the only korean brand I have locally and so far so good, I always had great results with the masks (except a very few ones) ! It's also great that they often come up with a "Buy 10 Get 5 Free" sale 😄  

March 2016 Empties

Overdue ... I haven't posted since I left for my semester abroad. Anyway, March was kind of a race to finish as many products as I could. The next months won't be as great for empties since I mostly brought new products with me.

IMG_3188.jpg

IMG_3189.jpg

Love

Spoiler

Bath & Body Works Moonlight Path Gentle Foaming Hand Soap : This is one of my favorite hand soaps from B&BW. The scent is not too strong but it still lasts long enough on the skin. It’s great to use all year long and it doesn’t dry up my hands. * Would repurchase if it comes back during a SAS, meanwhile I still have one or two backups left at home.

Lush Mask of Magnaminty Face and Back Mask : This is my favorite mask ! It makes my skin feel very clean and improves its appearance. Also, I feel like the results are very long lasting. I also use it on my arms once in a while to help with my KP and it’s been great for that too. * Already repurchased it & will keep on doing so in the future.

The Body Shop Vineyard Peach Body Butter : I enjoyed this body butter a lot ! I bought it because I really like the peach scent and it turned out that the formulation was perfect for my skin. The product absorbed really well and quickly. It also didn’t leave my skin greasy. Finally, it made my skin super moisturised. * Have a backup and will buy it again in the future when The Body Shop has sales.

Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh Sorbet (Sample) : While I love the original Daisy Eau So Fresh, this one lasts much longer on my skin. The smell is beautiful and not too overly floral. It’s a great balance between floral and fresh in fact. Perfect for spring and summer ! * Have purchased a full size. Unfortunately it was limited edition so I won’t be able to repurchase it after.

Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation (Not Pictured) : Awesome foundation ! There are few foundations who truly match my skin color but this one is spot on. I enjoyed the fact that it kept my skin from being oily when using it. Coverage is great and the product stayed in place even without a primer. Didn’t cause breakouts. * Already have repurchased.

Spoiler

Foodaholic Collagen Natural Essence Mask (Not pictured) : This made my skin look beautiful and well moisturised. The results however are not super long lasting. The skin feels firmer after using it. Not my favorite mask, but still not bad. * Already have some backups. I think it’s not available anymore so I won’t repurchase it.

The Saem Collagen Seven Element Mask Sheet (Not pictured) : The result is not the most phenomenal but it’s a great sheet mask to use when you want an extra dose of collagen. It also left my skin feeling moisturised and it didn’t irritate it. * Would eventually repurchase, but it’s not available locally or on websites I usually use.

John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Colour Protecting Moisturising Conditioner : This did a wonderful job and the only reason this is in the « like » section is because of the smell that I really disliked. My hair felt moisturized after every use and it gave a great glow. I also enjoy the packaging that John Frieda products have since it’s really easy to squeeze all the product out of the tube. * Would repurchase, but I will try other options first.

Bath & Body Works Mad About You Shea & Vitamin E Shower Gel : Bath & Body Works shower gels work really well for me and so did that one. It was a nice floral smell which was quite fruity as well. The smell was interesting, even though not my favorite from Bath & Body Works. * Already have a backup and would repurchase in the future when my stash gets significantly smaller.

Chanel Chance Eau Fraîche Eau De Toilette 20ml Refill : This is a really nice scent, but I feel like it is still a bit too mature for me. I used it mostly on work days. I’m sure I will appreciate it more later in life. Lasting power was good, but not the best on my skin. * I have 2 other refills like this one to use up. Might repurchase later on.

Etude House Essence Mask Hyaluronic Acid : This worked wonderfully to calm my skin during allergies. It didn’t irritate and was ultra soothing. It also helped with the redness I had. Only reason why this is not in the love category is because the Etude House sheet masks really don’t seem to fit my face well and don’t stay in place. * Would repurchase if it was available locally or on sale.

Laneige Balancing Emulsion for Combination to Oily Skin (Sample) : This lasted me for 2-3 uses, so I can’t say that I saw instant major results. However, it did not make my skin oily and was moisturising. * Would consider repurchasing a full size in the future to see if it’s efficient or not.

Quo Luxury Cotton Pads : The Quo cottons don’t leave any plush/ressidue on your face and are quite soft too. I prefer the square ones to remove my makeup, since they are a bit bigger. * Already have backups and will keep on repurchasing these cotton pads in the future.

Lush Stardust Bath Bomb : A nice bath bomb to use in the winter, but also all year long. It smelled really good and the water looked beautiful after using it. However, I feel like the scent could have lasted a bit longer. Not the most spectacular bath bomb, but very enjoyable. * I think I have a backup of it back home. Will repurchase in the future too.

Meh

Spoiler

Soap & Glory The FABPORE Triple Action Purifying T-Zone Cloths : These wipes did a very good job at removing makeup and cleaning up my skin at first, but sadly the packaging does not have a plastic closure and it dried up really fast. They weren’t very moist to begin with, so that was a bummer. Other than that, the first uses were great and it had a nice scent too. * Will not repurchase unless the packaging is improved.

Etude House I Need You Lemon Sheet Mask x 3 (Old Packaging) : Almost done with my stash of these sheet masks ! As I wrote in the February Empties post, the brightening effect of that sheet mask wasn’t spectacular at all and didn’t last very long either. The mask didn’t fit my eye area at all and did sting my eyes at times. * Needless to say, I won’t repurchase these ones. The Face Shop ones work a lot better with my skin.

Lush Ickle Baby Bot Bath Bomb : The smell of that bath bomb didn’t seem to last for more than 10 minutes when I tried it, which was a bummer. I did enjoy it while it lasted and the bomb also turned the bath water into a pretty blue color. * I would be willing to try it again to see if I got a dud or not.

Nope

Spoiler

Organix Sensually Soft Tsubaki Blossom Shampoo : Talk about inconsistent results ! Sometimes it’d leave my hair very beautiful while other times it’d make it horribly dry. Very disappointing. Not knowing what to expect was a major turn off and I couldn’t wait to be done with that bottle. *Will not repurchase.

Etude House I Need You Pearl Extract Sheet Mask : This sheet mask left my skin feeling very oily even after having rub the serum into my skin as much as possible. It did sightly brighten my skin after use, but only 2-3 hours later the results were not visible anymore. Also, as with every other Etude House sheet masks I have tried, the fit was not great for my face and especially the eye area. * Will never repurchase.

Great empties.  That's good you had so many likes and loves and so few nopes and mehs.

Thank you ! 😄

It's always a great feeling, I like to try new stuff so maybe I have just been lucky so far 😉 

Super happy to have finished some FS things this month! The Soap & Glory cleanser in particular, I have been working on for AGES, and I am super glad I can now concentrate on eliminating my DS cleanser stash.

Loves: Have or Would Repurchase:

FullSizeRender (6).jpg

FullSizeRender (7).jpg

Ok: would use up for discount/free, but not pay full price

FullSizeRender (8).jpg

FullSizeRender (9).jpg

Nope: Never again. Some of these I couldn't even finish.

FullSizeRender (5).jpg

Spoiler
Cake lip balm - too greasy
Skyn eye patches - not hydrating
LaNiege hydrogel mask - ditto. Hydrogels are not for me.
Sephora night cream - broke me out
Origins Night-a-mins oil - liked it as an oil, but it pilled up with EVERY moisturizer I tried over it.
Murad eye treatment - did nothing, dried out my eyes and exaggerated fine lines when used as directed (with dry cotton eye patches, not shown cus I stopped using them)
Smashbox X-Rated mascara - I can't stand mascara applicators that don't have bristles all the way around. This only has 3 or 4 "wings", which, ugh.
Seraphina Carrot & Rose Hydrating Cream - waaaay too greasy. Advertised as face or body, but I cannot imagine using it on my face.
Estee Lauder night eye treatment - no results
OH Eye Cream, SPF 15 - burned my eyes
Caudalie Chamomile toner - too fragranced
COTZ face sunscreen, tinted - "lightly" tinted on their default person = bronzer strength on me.
l'Occitane Lemon Verbena Shower Gel - too drying
Vine Vera day cream - ok cream, weird scammy brand.
Tony Moly Skin Food Pore Foam - this is the product I mistook for a mask, when it is actually a cleanser. Doh. I can tell you, it does NOT work as a mask.

Love all the empties!  What was the powder?

@JazaChai Great empties! What shade is the NARS?

Loves: Have or will repurchase

image.jpeg

Likes: They did the job would like to try more of the sample

image.jpeg

Okay: Did the job but not completely impressed

image.jpeg

Looks like you used up a lot of samples.  I have similar feelings about that L'Occtitane hand cream.  It's fine but I definitely prefer Caudalie.

@kelloua I've been trying to use up more of my samples specially foils unless I know I already love that product.

I've tried Cuadalie as well and the scent wasn't as bad

Took this last night. Thought I had more empties this month, but apparently not

image.jpeg

Things I will repurchase/do repurchase:

- clarisonic pedi disc

- PMD green microdermabrasion discs

- farmacy eye dew

- odacite jo+l 

- would repurchase the nude if I could

- shiseido benefiance

the rest is sort of meh

Love the packaging on the eye dew.  So cute!

As I'm still having issues uploading pictures from my phone, I'll have to forgo a picture this month. Anyways, I had a pretty productive month and used up quite a few products!

Love:

Spoiler
Garnier Skin Active Micellar Cleansing Water
Secret Outlast 48 hr protecting powder
amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo
Sephora Collection Solid brush cleaner
Nars Dual Intensity Blush in Jubilation (sample size)
Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil in Apple Crisp

Like:

Spoiler
Smashbox Photo finish primer water
CVS facial cleansing pads
fresh Sugar lip treatment sunscreen spf 15
Arrow Boost Color Enhancing Lip Balm
Josie Maran 100% Argan Oil
Md Solar Sciences Mineral Beauty Balm
R+Co Death Valley Dry Shampoo

Meh:

Spoiler
Drybar Detox dry shampoo
Coola Makeup setting spray
12 Benefits healthy hair treatment
Josie Maran Argan Black Oil Mascara
touch in Sol Stretchex mascara
Extra rich lipstick inS105 (sample size)

Boo on the photos but it still sounds very productive.

These are my empties from May - super late to post, as always...

Loves:

Empties - Loves.jpg

Meh: 

Empties - meh.jpg

1 Reply
testing