Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

I finally finished quite a few products this month which considering how stressful my life has been this past month, I'm happy about. I cut down my makeup stash significantly this month and am planning to down size again in the next few months so a lot more of my empties are products that I actually enjoy and will buy again. That being said; I still had some products that I finished up that weren't all that great.

Loves:

Spoiler
Lush - Eau Roma Water Toner
the Balm - desert blush
Lush - R & B
Lush - Angels on Bare Skin
doucce - Double click lipstick in 808
Sephora Collection - Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover
fresh - Soy Face Cleanser

Spoiler
Eva NYC - Freshen Up Dry Shampoo
Supergoop - Setting Mist with Rosemary SPF 50
stila - Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Venizia 14
CVS brand - facial cleansing pads
MUFE - Hydrating Primer
fresh - Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream
fresh - Umbrian Clay Mattifying Mask

Meh:

Spoiler
belif - aqua bomb
Korres - Yoghurt Face Sunscreen
blinc - Mascara Amplified in Black

Nope:

Spoiler
SK II - Facial Treatment Essence
blinc - Black Lash Primer

Nice!  looks like you made some great progress and that's smart to size down.  I'm impressed that you used up a whole liquid lipstick and that supergoop setting mist.  I'm still working on both.  @KellW How did you find the MUFE Hydrating Primer?  Is it truly hydrating.  I'm almost done with my full sized primers and have been thinking about what I might try next and a hydrating primer seems like it would be a good bet for fall/winter when my skin is pretty parched.

@kelloua I'm not sure how I felt about the hydrating primer. It didn't irritate my skin, didn't make my skin feel greasy or overly matte, but it didn't do anything to increase my wear time for my foundation. My skin is normal but I use a heavy moisturizer before putting on any primer which probably decreases how hydrating it feels to me. So if you don't use a heavy moisturizer, then it might be a good fit for a fall/winter primer.

Also, I bought both the liquid lipstick and the setting mist last summer (over a year ago now) which is probably why I've managed to get through both of them. But thanks! I hope this helped.

I've been somewhat MIA lately, but I'm back to post empties.   I went on a little sheet masking kick everyday this week trying to use some up.  I like them all unless otherwise specified. image.jpeg

Loves:image.jpeg

likes enough/is alright:image.jpeg

not so much:image.jpeg

I agree with everyone else.  That's some impressive product usage, especially with samples and face masks.  I will admit I don't love that sunscreen either.  For spray sunscreen I much prefer Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Body Mist.  It's so, so light and does a great job.

Admittedly, I don't like spray sunscreens in general and have just been using up last years sunscreens in order of expiry dates.  I feel like I'm spraying everything around me and breathe in way too much of them.   Plus I can't be certain I've covered everywhere.  

I hop in the shower to spray myself down with them to minimize sticky residue.  

This one in particular made me super shiny all over and felt like a plastic coating on my skin.  

Neutrogena makes my favourite all over sunscreen.  I like the powdery finish.  

You have killed so many foil and deluxe samples this year. 

I've really been trying to.  A friend of mine brought over a big box of her own samples on the weekend and we had a sample trading session.  It felt like we were kids trading collector stickers/ cards.  I may have offed more on her than she did on me but at least we're sitting with things we are more likely to use now.  

Anonymous Insider

Great empties hearts! Hope you are feeling well.

Thanks.  I'm well thank you:).   I've somehow completely switched my days with my nights, but other than that things are great!  

67 days to go and I'll never sleep again!😭😛

How about you?   Has anything interesting been happening?    

Anonymous Insider

The switching is your preparation for being up with baby hearts soon at night😜

Do you think you will make it to 67? I'm so excited for you @heartsmyface

Im good! Finally getting into a groove after a hectic start to the year but I have some summer travel planned I'm excited about. 

Anonymous Insider

Loves

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

No Thank You

image.jpeg

I was so excited to receive that hair mask in my Sephora Play box. I've wanted to try it for a while. I was watching Bunny do her unboxing video (after I already received mine, but I love her), and she mentioned avocado oil in the ingredients. I really need to do a better job reading ingredients before I try things, because I picture a head full of hives now. Is it odd that I am still tempted to try it?

Anonymous Insider

Step away from the mask @notcreative

There are plenty of good hair masks out there that you won't be reactive to. Hives all over your head sound like pure torture. Not worth it!

Now, you sound like my husband. I think he hid it from me, because he told me not to try it. I actually have a mask I adore, so I will survive without trying it. I still really want to though. 

Anonymous Insider

My favorite has been the macadamia one and I set the reminder in my phone for the ulta sale and my phone was on silent. So pissy I missed it.

That is my favorite, too. I actually went to Ulta to purchase some (even though I have a brand new oversized one), but they did not have my freebie. I left and tried to order online all night, but my account would not stay logged in. I tried on and off for two hours. Every single time I tried to check out, it logged me out. It's for the best, because the $65 size will last me a while anyway, once I open it. 

Hmmmm, perhaps you could try it using it after coating your scalp in coconut oil first as a sorta barrier.  I guess it all depends on how reactive you actually are to avocados.  Itchy irritated scalp sounds terrible though I get the urge to wanna try.  

How'd the foot therapy go?  Is it one of the foot peels that turns youinto a lizard in four days? 

Anonymous Insider

I didn't get much shedding from this one. I  get pedicures often maybe that's why? Not sure. 

Hmmmm, maybe, but some are much more effective than others.   The baby foot ones are still my favourite.  They're around $25 a peel which is on the spendier side, but you actually end up with babyfeet! 

think it was the tony moly ones I tried that I didn't really get results from.  I'm still looking for a cheaper alternative to babyfoot that works just as well, but maybe it doesn't exist.  

1 Reply
testing