Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

image.jpeg

Here's mine this month!  I'm loving this!! 

Love: Dior gentle cleansing oil; Shiseido benefiance wrinkleresist24 day cream with spf 

Like: mediheal masks; Josie Maran argan oil moisturizer spf 47

Dislike: Josie Maran cleansing oil ( the consistency is too thick, I feel like I'm tucking my skin too much trying to spread it on my face. Also the oil heats up when moving it around. Its not empty, but I just can't use it anymore.  It's just not my liking...)

Eh: everything else

Don't throw your Josie Maran oil away - use it as a pit-prep!

I hated the consistency too for my face, so I use on my armpits before I start getting the shower ready and my towel, etc and give it a sec to 'marinate' in there, then when I have my shower my pits are amazing! Also works great for shaving them too.

Ahhhhh, Line Friends face masks????   I need to find those for a friend of mine!  Where'd you get yours? 

I've been working on that shiseido eye cream for so long now trying to give it a chance.  I think it does nothing besides act as a simple moisture barrier.  I'm very tempted to use it as a foot cream.  That's where all my 'meh creams' go to die.   

I got mine at the amore store, but I think you can get it on amazon for cheaper.

I haven try the eye cream yet. Good to know!  

LOL @ Eh: Everything else 🙂

Was the VIB rouge bag an in-store custom sample?  I've never seen anything like that before.

I've not tried any mediheal masks...yet but got a box of 10 through a recent hotels deal that I'm excited to try out!

@kelloua They normally make custom samples for rouges during rouge events and put them in those bags.   I've also received them from the cashiers outside if events, if I ask about a product during checkout and they know I'm rouge already.  

I have not tried that cleansing oil, but I sometimes like when a cleansing product heats up. Was it an uncomfortable heat? I ask because I got a sample of this recently and may try it elsewhere before my face to see how it goes. The sample is really small though, so I do not want to waste any if it is not uncomfortable. 

The heat is ok, but I guess the bigger problem is that it's too thick.  It's hard to move before adding water, but the cleansing power decreased after you add water. It didn't work for me, maybe it's just me....

Oh no.  That's a BeautyTalk problem if I've ever heard one. 😉

I've decided this will be the month I finally post my empties.  Got a stash since December of last year going.  But first I had to share something I knew only you ladies could relate to.  I had some empties hanging out in my shower and of course forgot to pull them before the cleaning lady came and now they are gone!  Of course I'm sure she thought she was doing my lazy butt a favor but all I could think was pictures or it didn't happen!

Yes!!!!  I had a little bag in the bathroom with a used up purity bubble bath and a used up soap package which disappeared after the cleaning ladies came in.  One of them probably thought it was a garbage bag, which technically I guess it was.  It got to me though, but there's no way I can explain that I save my garbage for photos without coming across as some crazy woman. 😂

I have always cleaned my own house, but the hubs decided to spare me while I'm a big waddle monster. ❤️❤️❤️

Totally!  I'm glad other people can relate.  I felt a little bougie talking about my cleaning lady but it's my treat to myself.  Best $90 I spend every month to save me those few hours.  Not to mention I'm sure it keeps the peace in our relationship because the chores we do do are stressful enough.  And these ladies do a way better job then I do.

It's a sanity saver for sure though it was a little awkward the first couple times allowing other people to clean the washrooms.  It felt a little too personal. I'm over it now that I absolutely don't have the energy to do a thourough job.

I don't think it's much more bougie than spending $90 on a shadow palette or a bottle of wine.  

That is so sweet of him!

Yeah,🌟.  I had a little meltdown or eight during the first trimester cause I was so sick and things were falling apart around here.  This was his clever solution. 

The first time they were supposed to come though, I cancelled cause I thought it was too messy so I tired myself out precleaning the house and had them come in a couple days later.  Defeats the point right?  They still did a better job than me😳

Oh, no. I've had this happen before both my the maid (at a hotel) and my husband. The maid found them hiding in a corner of the room. They were not even in the shower. My poor husband always throws his products away, but forgets I photograph anything we happen to share. To this day, he sometimes forgets. Every once in a while, he will ask me if I've ever used his .... (whatever), but he only seems to ask on things I never use. 

I really like documenting empties. When you sample so many things, it is hard keeping track of what you thought of all of them unless you really love or really hate them. Without the list, you forget you even tried middle of the road ones at times.

Oh wow, you've got him in on it though!   I have acceptance from D which is as much as I thought I could hope for😛

I remembered you saying that so now when I travel I stick them in my suitcase.  And I agree on documenting things!  Thankfully I'm fairly certain everything that got tossed was full sized and HG products for me at that.  I just miss having the evidence!

Haha - I'm always forgetting to take out my shower empties.  I've posted more recently than December, but I do have a Sephora bag overflowing with empties in my closet that I haven't had a chance to post in what feels like forever.

I was so excited when the serum I've been using finally finished last night.  I actually liked it a lot (caudalie), but I was just dying to move on to my next-up (tata harper from Caroline Hirons Cult Beauty Box), and every day that Caudalie kept pumping more out until finally last night it pumped it's last pump.

Anyway, hopefully in the next few days I'll get around to posting, too - hopefully I can remember what I thought of everything!

I've already given up on remembering what I thought of everything.  Planning on hitting the high points and the low points. 🙂

May was skincare month! I finished ALL the things! Huzzah!

Loves: Have or Would Repurchase

FullSizeRender (41).jpg

FullSizeRender (42).jpg

Meh: Just ok, nothing special

FullSizeRender (43).jpg

FullSizeRender (44).jpg

Nope:

FullSizeRender (40).jpg

Spoiler
Alterna Shampoo/conditioner - my hair did not feel clean at all after the shampoo. Conditioner was ok.
Panda face mask: Cute, but the costume stuff around the eyes made those edges stiff and pokey, not a plus. Also, it was sticky and dried out too quickly.
Couvent des Minimes body lotion - too greasy, odd smell
Dior foils - holy alcohol Batman! nope nope nope
Ahava moisturizer - good moisturizer, but smelled like hairspray
Philosophy Take a Deep Breath moisturizer - not hydrating enough at all
Charlotte Tilbury foundation - caked up immediately
Milk Sunshine oil - way too heavy for face, and too greasy for anything else
6 Replies
testing